Solo What's Past is Prologue.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

What's Past is Prologue.

Postby Raylan Ramsey on September 13th, 2015, 8:19 pm

1st Day of Fall, 515 AV.
11th Bell

Raylan awoke, as one does, in tiers of consciousness, sometimes lulling farther back into sleep and sometimes becoming almost sentient enough to lift his eyes. He was distantly aware of sunlight on his face, absently bleeding into his tent through its open flap. As time wore on, that warmth caused him to resign himself to consciousness with a heavy groan. And even though he was fully awake, Raylan kept his eyes closed in defiance to the waking world. His mind slowly began to sort through all the important things that he needed to do. Luckily for him, the only thing on his to-do list was to get a job.

During the previous evening Raylan had camped out on the beach of the Patchwork Port, letting the waves guide him to sleep like a soothing lullaby. However, he found it strange that he couldn't hear the ocean. He remained within his tent until a sudden harsh thud bashed against the side of his tent. "What the..!?" Raylan quickly put his long sleeved black shirt on and exited the tent to see what was happening.

"Holy Shyke!" Where the only words he could manage as he dived to the ground, barely avoiding a glass vial that nearly hit him in the face. "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!" Raylan didn't know who he was talking to, but shouted out the words on instinct. "Me? What is wrong with you! Get the petch off of my building!"

It was only then that he realized his tent had moved. It was no longer erect on a sandy beach, but on top of what appeared to be a building. He combat crawled to the edge of the roof to peak over it and see who his attacker was. Raylan looked the man over with a slight frown. The person was a deathly pale man who held a perpetually surly expression on his face. "Don't blame me, I'm not the one who set up camp here. It just.... happened." He raised a brow as he remained prone. "By the way, who are you?"

He had to roll to the left to avoid another glass vial the man had thrown at him. It crashed next to him, covering the ground in some type of liquid and sending small shards of glass into the air. He was happy that none of them managed to to cut him. "I'm the man who owns the Apothecary you are camping on!" From the look of things, the man no longer had anything in his hands to throw at him. As long as he had a local to talk to, he felt like getting some information out of him to aid him on his quest for a job."

"You really need to smile more. I'm really not worth all that rage. I know? How about a massage? I'm pretty good at giving them. But not for free. How about it? Five silvers for a massage?"

The man could not believe that the stranger on his roof started to haggle with him about a massage he didn't even want. He didn't know if he was mad about the haggling, or the by fact that Raylan didn't offer him a free massage. Wait. Why was he even thinking about massages? "AHGH! If I wanted a massage, I'd go to the Stark Naked and starstruck! ... And my name is Kirwen Shenter you petcher!" Kirwenshouted while shaking a fist.

Raylan placed his elbows onto the roof to rest his head in his palms. "Oh? The Stark Naked? If you wanted me naked during your massage, that might cost extra.." His legs lifted up off the ground to kick aimlessly in the air behind him. Raylan smiled when he heard the mans audible sigh of irritation. At least he found out the name of the location where he could find a job. He could see that things were growing tense, so he lifted a hand to wave the man down. "Hey, look. How about I buy something from you and we go our separate ways. Let bygones be bygones, Deal?" He stood up to start braking down his tent.

At the prospect of selling something, Kirwen sounded slightly less agitated. "If it will get you down. What do you want?" It was actually a good question. One that Raylan had to think about for a chime or two.

"Have any herb to add to baths to help ease soreness? Or something to help me sleep? I have a feeling I'll need it later." Kirwen grumbled then vanished into his shop. By the time the man returned holding a sack, Raylan had broken down his tent and stood on the roof wearing both his backpack and mandolin; the latter of which he wore on one shoulder by a strap.

"What'd ya got?"

"Connal. A herb can be used for everything you wanted. Put it in a hot bath to relive aching joints or wounds. Or infused it into tea to induce sleep. If you have the skill, you can even make it into a wine. One gold per ounce."

Raylan stared down at the man with a smile. "No. Try again. And remember, I can stay up here all day." He didn't know how the man would take it. Or if he even really wanted to buy anything, so took his chance at talking the price down. Kirwen frowned as he narrowed his eyes, overpricing the usual five copper per ounce herb by half. "Ten copper per, and I'll go no lower." Raylan shrugged as he nodded to the man. "Fine, I guess that will do."

He then began the adjust process of climbing down from the roof. He hung from the edge of the roof with his feet dangling below him. He planted one of his feet against the side of the building to find some type of perch. He then released his grip to fall down the wall, sliding his boot against the building to slow himself slightly before landing with a thud. His landing was staggering as he toppled sideways before falling over. He stood to his feet then stood in front of Kirwen. "You did not see that." He chuckled then paid the man with one gold piece, getting back the rest of his money in change then placed the herb in his pack.

Raylan then patted the angry man on the butt with a soft slap, then took off down the street in a sprint. Yelling over his shoulder as he ran. "I'll catch you later, Kirwen. Look me up for that massage later!" When he turned back around, he couldn't help but notice just how sluggish his pace was.

Raylan Ramsey
Insane On A Good Day

Words: 50459
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2012, 2:10 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

What's Past is Prologue.

Postby Raylan Ramsey on September 13th, 2015, 11:12 pm

Building along the streets all swam together in his vision, one bleeding into the other as he rushed passed them. If he knew what the city was normally like, Raylan would've taken note of just how slow and sluggish everything seemed to be moving. For a city of illusion, everything sure felt like it was sick. But his own mind rebelled against the idea. A city that could get sick? Preposterous. His pace slowed to a slow jog when as he approached what appeared to be a shadowy figure. It just stood in his path, unmoving. Before Raylan could get a better view of it, the specter vanished.

"Riightt...Nope, no. don't think about it. I'm Ignoring it already. Can't get distracted. Need to get a job." Keeping his brisk jogging pace as he ran in search of someplace called 'The Stark Naked'. The brisk jog he ran turned into a slow walk as he began to notice several more of the shadow figures, each appearing on the edge of his peripheral vision. Catching the attention of his eyes which shifted to them and rested on the figures for ticks of a moment before flickering away. He paused for a moment to ask for directions, which led him quickly to a building of deep violet.

Once he entered the Stark Naked & Starstruck, he blinked a moment, taking in the sweet scent of incense. As he stood there he realized that an Ethaefal woman across the room had been staring at him patiently from where she stood behind a wooden desk. He kept his eyes on her as he strode across the marble floors absently. He walked in a zig-zag pattern through the lobby, placing his mandolin into a playing position. The melody Raylan played was a simplistic one as his fingers plucked and stroked at the instruments strings.

His eyes held a wantonness as if he wished to keep a secret only to be told to the women as he ventured closer to her. The tips of his fingers caused the the strings to sing the same four notes over and over again. The second strum was elongated for several ticks longer then any other. Leaving pauses for him to just smile softly at the Ethaefal women.

"Hello beautiful, after the morning I've just had. Seeing you has just made my day." The Ethaefal smiled back coyly at him. "Please, Do tell me all about your morning adventures?" Raylan placed his backpack down onto the desk along with his Mandolin. Walking around it while lightly tracing a finger along the desks surface.

"Everything started out perfectly," There was a sign of trepidation on his face as he rounded the desk. It was an expression that clearly sought her permission for him to join her behind it. And when she gave it, he stood behind her, running his hands lightly up the length of her arms. Vela arched her brow at the maneuver, glancing over her shoulder while still listening to to his story.

He allowed his fingertips graze against her skin with touches as light as the gossamer of butterfly gossamer wings. "Its always a perfect morning when you are awoken by the warm kiss of the sun against the skin." He tried to emulate his words into the soft caresses of his hands as they massaged her. They continued up her arms until both her shoulders were in his palm. "Sounds lovely, so when did things go from sunshine to nightmare?"

"Almost immediately. Can you believe a deathly pale, angry, gloomy glass monstrosity moved my tent so it rested on top of its lair? It then tried to pelt me with its glassy eggs as soon as I left the tent. It was insanity!" He began to move both of thumbs into slow circles along the back of her neck on either side of her spine at the base of her neck. He tightened his grip slightly to put pressure into each motion of his thumbs. "It is not out of the realm of possibility." She bent her head backwards slightly when she spoke.

"I had to jump from a two story roof to escape it. And let me tell you it hurt, but I did manage to get away safely. If you do not believe me, ask the shadows around town. They saw everything." Even though his story was hardly believable, it was all based on truth which gave his voice a slight tone of playful confidence. "It was a shocking way to start a day. And to think I only wanted to give people massages today." He paused in a false display contemplation. "Hey, You wouldn't happen to know anyone in need of my services would you"

He slid one of his hands down her spine towards her waist, pressing his fingers through her clothing into her lower back. Digging in with enough pressure to ease tension in her latissimus dorsi muscle. "You clearly have some amount of skill... I'm sure I can find some place for you here. But I will need to know your name." He leaned in to whisper his name into her ear with a soft chuckle. "Raylan Ramsey."

She turned around to look him in the eyes. "And you can call me Vela, the proprietor of this ooh soo humble bath house. Now lets save those hands for paying clients, Raylan. He took a step back to give her a graceful bow. "As you wish. Although, should you need a Massage. Don't hesitate to ask." He winked at her with the same charming smile on his lips. "You are a charmer aren't you?" Raylan couldn't help but laughs as he gathered his things. "I can't help it when I'm around such beauty."

"Come on lover boy, I'll show you where you shall be working." The woman strode gracefully towards a set of doors which appeared to head below ground leading to the Stark Naked's private massage rooms.

"I think I am going to like it here..."
Raylan Ramsey
Insane On A Good Day

Words: 50459
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2012, 2:10 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

What's Past is Prologue.

Postby Sayana on October 17th, 2015, 3:36 pm

Don't forget to edit/delete your grade request. If there's anything I may have missed, please PM me and I'll be happy to look into it.

Raylan
Skills
  • Observation: 2
  • Planning: 1
  • Socialization: 2
  • Acrobatics: 1
  • Negotiation: 1
  • Climbing: 1
  • Herbalism: 1
  • Running: 1
  • Land Navigation: 1
  • Instrument: Mandolin: 1
  • Seduction: 1
  • Flirting: 1
  • Massage: 1
  • Storytelling: 1
  • Rhetoric: 1
  • Persuasion: 1
Lores
  • Kirwin Shenter: Owner of an apothecary
  • Connal: Eases soreness and helps induce sleep
  • Vela: Ethaefal of Stark Naked & Starstruck
  • A new job at Stark Naked & Starstruck

Comments: Cute thread and quite the variety of skills. I think you played the Alvadas atmosphere very well by suddenly placing Raylan's tent on top of a building.

Your Grader,

Sayana
Boxcode design: Firenze
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)