PM to join [Rearing Stallion] A Frentic Tavern, simple chat (Beodan)

Beodan and Ferrin meet at the Rearing Stallion, a meet and greet occurs and simple chats take place.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Rearing Stallion] A Frentic Tavern, simple chat (Beodan)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on October 21st, 2015, 12:50 pm

Ferrin
515 AV, Fall 36

Though Ferrin isn't bounded to Syliras just yet. He still hasn't purchased an apartment. Which he should do soon. He stopped to face a wooden door, above it held a sign of a horse rising as it usually does before it breaks into speed.

The young hunter pushed open the door and stepped into the tavern. It is not his first time that he has been here, but it is certainly an interesting place to come visit once in awhile. Dimmed lights cover each and every table that is around the room. In a corner, Ferrin noticed a small fist fight rising. One of the men brought up his arms preparing for the fight.

Before the fight had even happend one of the employees managed to get the rougher man out of the building with his ways of persuasion. The brawler left mumbling curses as he passes by through the doors outside.

Ferrin began to have second thoughts about leaving, but he decided to give it another go after a tick passed by. He spotted the bartender who hailing t waved at Ferrin to come and sit at the counter. Cheering, chatting, and other loud noises can be heard in the background.

For a small reason, Ferrin feels a bit more comfortable with all of this loudness around him. The bartender asked him with a loud enough tone, "Aye pleasure seeing you here, what is your stomach calling for tonight?!" Ferrin sat down next the bartender, but apart from the other drinkers. In other terms, he isn't bothered by others who could disturb him.

"Well I'll order the tonight's special, and a glass of wine." "How much would that be?" The bartender chuckled, "Well it is one Silver Miza fer the wine, and er six silver Mizas fer the meal. Tonight we have smoke stake and soup on the side. In total it is seven Silver Mizas." Ferrin started digging into his pocket for his Mizas.

You could see again that in the far corner, men are starting to begin a fight. Do fights happen occasionally? Well it doesn't matter as long as Ferrin does not get into any other fights. He finished retrieving his money and placed the silver Mizas on the counter. "Ah thanks ma boy."

The bartender greedily took the Mizas and walked towards the kitchen. Hopefully giving orders to hire chef to create the food.

"Pavi" | "Common"
"Tukant"

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Beodan Clathony on October 30th, 2015, 5:01 pm

Beodan sighed as he pulled the heavy tavern door closed behind him; the tavern was almost full up. Boisterous conversation, boasting, and occasional shouts rose up from the roisterers. His chocolate gaze swept the room, looking for any open tables, and barring that, any open seats. A few chairs were open at the bar, but it looked like the tables were full up to the point of patrons standing clustered together at the ends, cramming into the booths and splitting chairs. If only he had finished his herb deliveries just a few hours earlier, than the Rearing Stallion would be all but vacant. The savory scents of warm ale and.. beef stew assaulted his nostrils, making him smile despite himself. Such a homely smell, when experienced in combination with the roaring fire and hum of good company.

A growl from his stomach reminded the Kelvic that he had only eaten a large chunk of bread for lunch, and he was here for a purpose. Deciding there was nothing for it, he sat down at the bar. It made him uncomfortable to do so, what with the fights that frequented this fine establishment. Having your back to would be attackers made the hair on the back of his neck prickle. “Sir? A mug of ale and the stew, please,” he requested, taking extra care to remember his pleasantries. As if reading from a script, the bartender recited, “The special for tonight is a.. Oh! Blast that nose of yours!” The older man chuckled, and Dan joined in, “Coming right up, Clathony! Just a few chimes for the stew. You’re in luck, Remi is making a particularly good one tonight!” The Kelvic smiled and placed a gold rimmed coin on the counter. Magically, it turned into three silver rimmed coins and a frothing mug of ale.

Beodan sighed again, this time in contentment as he took a sip of the malty, bitter, amber liquid. Ah, that’s the stuff! A little ale in his belly would make the run back through the woods a little more friendly. Maybe he could stay the night at some other inn, and visit some people in the city tomorrow? That was an idea, he only hoped he had enough gold on him to afford it. He did have work to do at home, but it was work that could wait a day. He was ahead on his deliveries and had a lot of new oils and macerations under way. Now with a drink in front of him, he felt comfortable enough to look around. The man to his left had his back turned towards him and was debating something loudly with a scruffy looking man next to him. The man on his right had a glass of red wine in his hand, and was sitting in silence. Maybe he would not mind a bit of company?

In typical Kelvic fashion, he greeted the man warmly, “Good evening, friend. I’m Dan. What brings you to the tavern tonight?”

OOCA glass of wine is 1 gold Miza, and you have the bartender quoting 1 silver Miza. Small fix :)
Ledger Note0.7 GM for ale and the house special
Beodan Clathony
The Horse Herbalist

Words: 228292
Joined roleplay: July 5th, 2015, 9:49 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on October 30th, 2015, 10:20 pm

Ferrin

Ferrin was so distracted by his own thoughts that he almost jumped out of his seat and nearly spilled his wine. He blinked his sapphire blue eyes gazing the room and looks to see who spoke to him “Good evening, friend. I’m Dan. What brings you to the tavern tonight?”

Dan? Interesting name to be called by. No doubt Ferrin is another one. The young hunter put his glass of wine down on the counter. He turned to the man who spoke. Who seems to be having a cup of ale in one of his hands."Just visiting, I guess. The Rearing Stallion was relatively close by when I was walking through Syliras. And needed something to eat. So I stopped here. My name is Ferrin by the way."

Ferrin took out his hand for the other man to shake. He gave a warm smile, teeth dimly tainted by the whine. But hopefully it won't bother him. Otherwise Ferrin can switch to water. The tavern filled with commotion and exotic roughness filled another part of the building.

Ferrin was surprised that he could hear Dan speak to him, Ferrin never heard of a name like Dan, is it short for Daniel? Ferrin shouldn't judge right away. By the way Ferrin seems just a name as strange, even stranger come to the thought of it.

Ferrin could smell food being cooked and heated throughout the tavern. His stomach rumbled in anxiety. Wanting food. He took his wine glass, nearly empty and took another drink. Hopefully Dan can hear him. After all he was caught off guard.

Ferrin isn't a native to the Fortress City of Peace. He used to live at home in Kenash. The only reason he left was because his parents took up the role of being the magistrates. Ferrin always questioned why the government of Kenash felt strange. He liked the fact that the set up of the city, feel more open.

"So, Dan, what brings you here to this fine evening?" emphasising the word fine as if the wild commotion isn't ask find, if it busy life this at every Inn/Tavern? All of this extra commotion if giving Ferrin a headache.

He wished to leave the place, buy his stomach growled with protest as if it saying, 'no stay, eat.' 'Food, need food.' So Ferrin remained seated in his seat. Facing Dan and chatting, waiting for the special meal to be put on the counter.

"Pavi" "Common"
"Tukant"

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Beodan Clathony on November 4th, 2015, 3:00 am

Ferrin. That was an uncommon name, wasn’t it? The Kelvic voiced his thoughts, “Wow, that’s an interesting name. Rare too, but I guess so is Beodan! Is it from some other tongue?” The man, Ferrin, had set his cup of wine down on the bar and extended his hand out. He hesitated for a moment. This was the good gesture right? He set aside his mug and gripped the man’s hand, shaking it perhaps a bit more vigorously than was necessary. His mentor had told him she could tell a man’s life story based on his handshake, and he believed her, but did not seem to have a knack for the skill himself. Idly he stared at his hand, wondering if it would tell a different story than just a few months ago. So much had happened. His heart had found its pair, then had it slowly pulled out of his chest until he finally had had enough of the pain and just sever the bond all together. He shuddered and took a sip of bitter amber liquid; now was the time for revelry.

The fire snapped and popped with renewed vigor as a large log was thrown on the already cosy blaze. Patrons sitting near the fire scooted their chairs and stools away from the heat with loud squeaks of wood on wood. Dan realized he had been asked a question, and looked into Ferrin’s eyes, replying, “Hmm? Oh, yes! Umm, I was in the city dropping of some herbs, and I got a bit peckish. And quite frankly I’m a fan of the ale!” He laughed softly and nursed his ale. His grin widened as two large wooden bowls filled to the brim with a hearty, savory stew were placed in front of them. A chunk of bread floated near the the rim, the bottom half submerged and absorbing some of the flavor. A spoon sat beside each bowl, along with a square of cloth. Raising his eyebrows happily at the company next to him, he picked up the utensil and pulled the bowl closer.

The first bite was pure bliss. A softened potato and carrot accompanied a generous hunk of beef, all of which had absorbed the broth that they floated in. Despite having been seasoned well in the kitchen, Dan added the ultimate spice to the mix. Hunger. In combination, it was quite the satisfying experience. His tongue, stomach, and brain called out for more, and he was only too happy to oblige! There was a noticeable dent in the stew before his broth-lust faded to the point where he was aware of his surroundings. He washed the first onslaught down with a mouthful of ale and called to the bartender, “Remi has outdone herself! My highest compliments to the chef!” The man just chuckled and replied, “I’ll let her know y’say so.”

The Kelvic turned to Farrin, his spoon ready with another bite, “Ain’t that the stuff?”
Beodan Clathony
The Horse Herbalist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on November 4th, 2015, 4:22 am

Ferrin

Ferrins senses seemed to have sparked. The savory smell of the soup and ingredients to make it was irresistible. His mouth dribbled a tad bit of saliva down his lip. He simply brushed it off with his sleeve of his cloak. The man who seemed to call himself Dan replied with a smile. “Wow, that’s an interesting name. Rare too, but I guess so is Beodan! Is it from some other tongue?”

Hmmm. Well Ferrin couldn't really say that it is from a different tounge. He is fluent in the common language, but his father has told him that they have named Ferrin after an old Akalaks friend of his father's. And that is about it. Doesn't seem too interesting, although the name is rare occasionally.

Now Beodan, Ferrin isn't quite to sure if he has recalled something like that. But his brothers be is Durin, if family names make it more interesting. To what state of mind on how Ferrins parents come up with these names, he is not so sure. "Actually, I am pretty fluent in the common tounge.My name is inherited from a friend of my father's who was an Akalaks warrior."

Ferrin decided to go on with that trial of thought, with a napkin near him. Unused. Ferrin took it and placed it on his lap preventing any spilled foods or drinks that could might stain his clothes. He stopped his bread from fully submerging into the steamy, and savory soup. His stomach rumbling as if it hasn't eaten in days.

The young hunter took a bite of the warm bread soaked in tasting soup. And after he has had one, his taste buds tingled with delight and his nerves wanted Ferrin to feel more relieved? Is that it, or energetic, Ferrin can not decide. The food just tastes excellent.

Ferrin took in a bite of the savory soup and with it made his senses tingle once again. It made Ferrin feel a lot better though. It seemed to relieve the strees with the thoughts of his family and a lot of other things.

Dan explained his appearance. And Ferrin understood simply. "Oh so you venture to the woods then right?" Ferrin felt that he should ask. Although it isn't a bad idea to know who and who doesn't venture out into the woods. At least this time when he met someone it isn't out in the woods. Ferrin wondered what kind of beasts are out there lurking around through the woods stalking there prey for fresh game.

Ferrin was just happy to finally get some food in his stomach himself. He still thought about his father though. And his mother. But he kept those thoughts, pondered in his mind. “Ain’t that the stuff?” Dan has asked him. Ferrin finished his bite before talking "Yeah, yes it is. I'm definitely enjoying the tastes."

He smiled a warm smile. Off on one of the sides of the building, one could see a day board challenge starting to commence. Small crowd that is gathering around. Ferrin chose to stay and chat with Dan. And if Ferrin did want to see that competition, he wouldn't be too interested in it anyways.

Dan said before that he was in Syliras dropping off some herbs. So he is a herbalist then? Forager maybe? Does he live in a tent outside of the Fortress City of Peace? Should Ferrin really care, possibly not. But does it matter anyway?

He took another drink of his wine which is almost empty and gently put it back down. "So, Dan. How long have you been in Syliras?" Ferrin wondered, if Remi was the cook? Or was she the owner? Ferrin doesn't know a lot about the Rearing Stallion, in fact he doesn't know a lot about Syliras either.

Ferrin took more bites of his bread and soup. The bartender handed Ferrin another coup of wine (-1gm). Ferrin simply placed another gold Miza onto the counter. Happy with his refreshment. Ferrin isn't much of an ale drinker. It is too strong for Ferrin. And Ferrin does not appreciate the trait of being drunk.

He waited patiently for a reply from the man who calls himself Dan. And kept a nice related gaze at the man named Dan. Ferrin gave another warm smile. And finished his glass of wine. Satisfaction filling his stomach after a few ticks has gone by.

"Pavi" | "Common"
"Tukant"

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Beodan Clathony on November 10th, 2015, 11:02 pm

Dan thought for a moment, had there ever been a time that he had not lived in or around the great castle city? “I’ve been in Syliras my whole life. Maybe when I was just a little foal, but that hardly counts, does it? So no, I can’t remember going past much further than the Sunset Falls in any direction,” he explained, gesturing in a direction that could only be described as ‘out’, “But, I liked it here. I don’t really see a reason to venture out to lands more dangerous, when this is the greenest pasture.” He countered, “Have you seen very much of the world?”

The Kelvic was slightly shocked as Ferrin put down another gold rimmed miza, which was soon whisked away in favor of a second glass of wine. He looked back to his company with new eyes. His brow furrowed. The man sure didn’t look like a noble, with the same sort of clothing he himself had on. But he was buying wine like it was the last night of his life! Maybe that was his trick, he sacrificed other luxuries to spend his gold on fine food and drink. He wondered what the man did for a living. A healer maybe, or some kind of fancy magic prodigy? He was awed at the possibilities. Eager to know more about the now mysterious man, he asked carefully, “ Umm, what, eh.. What do you do for a living, Ferrin?” There was a pregnant pause, before Dan decided to offer his own career to prompt him to do the same. “I’m an herbalist, myself. Think a healer, but I just use combinations of herbs and reductions to accomplish what those healing marks will do. It takes longer, and is less flashy, but it gets the job done, I suppose.”

The Herbalist gave the man a wink and leaned in conspiratorially, whispering, “And, it can do something that those healers with marks can never do. I don’t need to be touching someone to have them drink something, or have it be my hands only that presses a poultice to the wound. No need for a healer if you eat the right things, and stay healthy after all.” Leaning back on his stool, he conceded, “Though, we really have the same dedication to the welfare of people, so I can’t complain when people trust healers more than a kelvic living alone in the woods. That’s why I do deliveries, and things like that. Working through other places is a surefire way to get business!”
Beodan Clathony
The Horse Herbalist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on November 11th, 2015, 1:02 pm

Ferrin

Although Ferrin has money. With the profession he does now have it will not be able to allow him to sustain throughout the whole year. He sold his living space in Kenash to get where he wanted to go. Which was intended to be far away from home.

Ferrin himself has only been in Syliras for a short amount of time. And yet he has had been meeting all of these interesting beings. “I’ve been in Syliras my whole life. Maybe when I was just a little foal, but that hardly counts, does it? So no, I can’t remember going past much further than the Sunset Falls in any direction." Beodan replied.

Ferrin hasn't ventured to Sunset Falls with his stay at Syliras. But he has heard stories and interesting views of the place. And Ferrin didn't really leave Kenash to travel peacefully in a way.

His parents volunteered to be the magistratical court and decision makers of the growing agricultural city."Hmm... Sunset Falls, would you say that would be a place to go and see some time?" Ferrin asked polite manner.

“Have you seen very much of the world?” Well that can be answered in many forms of oral communication."Well. Um in some words I can only define my exploration is leaving home and coming to Sylrias. "

“ Umm, what, eh.. What do you do for a living, Ferrin?” The man who calls oneself Beodan asked.
"I um... Hunt for the city I guess. Not very much game out in this season though." Ferrin replied with a humble and cordial tone.

Ferrin wanted to become a Knight though. And he is sure of his strengths and courage that once he enlists; he could end up as a squire himself. And Ferrin can show his worthiness to the Knighthood, no matter what he would do. He will find a way to earn his loyalty.

“I’m an herbalist, myself. Think a healer, but I just use combinations of herbs and reductions to accomplish what those healing marks will do. It takes longer, and is less flashy, but it gets the job done, I suppose.” A herbalist. That is always a good profession to learn and become.

One with such ability will have the power to heal others. Ferrins' sister is a herbalist to no doubt. She learned it from mother. Mother was... Or if still a very wonderful cook as well. Beodan leaned in more closely after he winked. His tone of voice almost went down to a whisper.

“And, it can do something that those healers with marks can never do. I don’t need to be touching someone to have them drink something, or have it be my hands only that presses a poultice to the wound. No need for a healer if you eat the right things, and stay healthy after all.” Ferrin nodded in agreement. "I agree Dan. You seem that you enjoy your career. That's good. With my hunting I am slowly getting used to these woods. Although I hunt in the same area it's quite interesting really. The views and the woods themselves. " He paused.

"Do you know why Syliras always called these woods the Bronze Woods? What's the ideal significance to them?" Ferrin asked curiously. He took another sip of his wine and eat some more of his soup that is due soon to be cold.

"Pavi" | "Common"
"Tukant"

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes