PM to join A Day in Town [Joanna]

Joanna and Beodan go shopping!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

A Day in Town [Joanna]

Postby Beodan Clathony on October 18th, 2015, 4:47 pm

Beodan spotted a table that held a row of mortar and pestle sets, along with small knifes that looked razor sharp. There was one that was made of a deep red wood and set with gold along the edge the the shape of elaborate twisting vines. He was almost literally salivating, it was of such high quality! He bet that that kind of would held the previous herb’s properties just the right amount to improve the value of other herbs while not overpowering it’s affects. His stone one absorbed hardly any herbs, and he liked it that way. Maybe when he became a master herbalist he would buy a tool such as that, but for now he felt like he did not deserve a work of art like that. Still, it left him eager to advance, now that he was reminded of another reward that came with mastery.

Eww. His companion was putting her face WAY too close to jars of spiders. Every shape and size, though to him they were all the same. A spider. He did not hate spiders, they served a purpose in protecting his herbs and home for more annoying bugs, but still... He shuddered, they were not the creature one wanted hanging above their bed. A thought came to him and he stifled a laugh with the back of his hand, a grin peeking out of either side; he probably wouldn’t mind the things either if he had a huge ball of steel on the end of a stick to smash them with if they made a wrong move. All too enthusiastic to move on, he stood back a few feet and looked anywhere else for her to finish playing with the creepy crawlies.

They moved on, and soon Dan’s already barraged nose was assaulted by numerous floral and herbal scents. Unconsciously, he listed the names of the herbs her recognized. Oakmoss, lavender, sage, rosemary, lemongrass, rose petals, cloves... The list went on, and he stopped trying. He crinkled his nose, feeling a little overwhelmed by it all. He massaged his temples with the tips of his third and fourth fingers, head aching from the abundance of stimulation. Joanna picked up a violet bottle labeled “Lavender,” and before he could say anything to note her choice, she finished deliberating and handed the happy man a gold rimmed coin. He raised an eyebrow. It probably was a mixture of more than just lavender, and it looked to be of high quality. Beodan returned the sheepish smile she sent him as she said, “I've never tried it, so... I'll give it a shot? I feel utterly lost here. Where are some shops you like?"

“I think you’ll like it! It makes you feel like a goddess, or so I’m told. Something about smelling as good as you look,” the Kelvic chuckled, scratching the back of his head as he pondered where he would like to go, “Hmm, we could check out The Undeniable Interests! It has all sorts of old books and magic items, curios of all kinds. It’s just this way, come on!” He took her hand once again and weaved through alleys and streets to find the old shop front. He held the door open for her and stepped inside, the bell ringing as it shut. The shopkeeper was not at his desk, he rarely was, so that was to be expected. It was a labyrinth filled with shelves not two feet apart. Dust and cobwebs so thick made him think that this was likely the harvesting grounds for the spider collector. Dan felt a sneeze rising within him at the dusty air, and his head rocked as air shot out of his nostrils explosively, only casting up more dust from the books. He poked at a weird scale like thing with a cracked gem on the top. ‘Magic measuring; never get cheated again!’ was written in faded calligraphy on a yellowing strip of parchment, attached lopsidedly to the base. Wondering how magic it could be, he placed a few mizas on either side. It did not move, but the gem sparked weakly causing him to jump back in surprise. It was likely broken at this point, so he was not sure what it actually did. He removed the coins, leaving perfect circles of dust behind.
Beodan Clathony
The Horse Herbalist

Words: 228292
Joined roleplay: July 5th, 2015, 9:49 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Day in Town [Joanna]

Postby Joanna Familiaris on October 19th, 2015, 3:18 am

“I think you’ll like it! It makes you feel like a goddess, or so I’m told. Something about smelling as good as you look.”

Well that would certainly be something. It wasn't often that Joanna indulged in some vanity, but maybe a dose of egotism would do her good. After all, it was important to have confidence in ones self. She'd use the lotion at the spa, then. See if it's a good as advertised.

Joanna was once again led through the bustling crowds by her companion, slipping between stalls before reaching the permanent structures lining the perimiter. Dan took her through the alleys and sidestreets without missing a beat. He certainly knew what he was doing. Maybe if she stayed here long enough she'd have the same confidence in navigating the streets that he did. Or her memory would constantly fail her and she'd have to stumble through the maze of buildings for a way out. Either way, it was sure to be interesting.

Only a few moments passed before the two had reached the dusty old shop proudly titled "The Undeniable Interests". From the exterior alone, Joanna could have mistaken it for being abandoned. The stones were aged and cracked, the windows were dirty and opaque, the sign was covered in cobwebs, and the entire front porch needed a good sweeping. She was half-tempted to just grab a broom herself and set to work. But she wasn't here today for work. She would enjoy herself.

The inside didn't fare much better. Old books and nick-nacks lined the rickety old shelves, all covered in a thick layer of dust. Some of the book covers were unreadable in this state, and Joanna had to smear her hand across several of their spines to reveal their titles. It was a bit bothersome, and the neat-freak inside her was fighting to take control. It took everything in her to not open a window and start fanning down the whole place. To distract herself, she focused on the books. She was amazed at the variety of texts that the shop had in stock. It had been so long since she had taken the time to sit down and read through a book. Now was probably the perfect time to do it.

She came across titles like "A Simpleton's Guide to Pickpocket", "Kelvics: Understanding the Animal in You", "Lost Legends of Sylira", and "The Sundering of the World". There was fiction, biographies, cookbooks, and all manner of collected journals. She was amazed that so much knowledge could be crammed into such a tiny shop. She moved further down the aisles to look at the strange collection of artifacts and antiques. There she came across the scale Dan was looking at earlier, as well as a number of other odd contraptions. She couldn't decipher the purpose of any of them. They seemed far too elaborate. Though, a number of magical curiosities caught her attention. There were withered staves and tattered spellbooks that told of great magic. Even a few enchanted scrolls were laid out for perusing. She wish she had some aptitude for any of it. Still, it was interesting to look at.

She decided to return to the books. They made more sense to her. After another run through of the collection, she picked up "Sundering of the World" and "Mace Etiquette". "I think I'll just stick with a few books. I don't want to be messing with magical contraptions I know nothing about. Might lose an eye. Or a hand. Or my soul" That was unpleasant to think about.
Joanna Familiaris
Pilgrim of Priskil

Words: 76579
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2015, 5:42 am
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

A Day in Town [Joanna]

Postby Beodan Clathony on October 19th, 2015, 9:20 pm

Beodan chuckled at Joanna’s exaggeration. A sparking scale, steal his soul? Not likely, he thought, while backing as far as he could from the demon’s weighing tool. Now nervous and paranoid, he agreed with her sentiment. Best not to touch unknown magical artifacts that may or may not be working as the makers intended. Oh sweet, harmless books. He trailed his fingers across the dusty spines as he slowly walked along the shelf, looking for anything eye catching. Her pulled out one titled in loopy black calligraphy, “Herbs Eclectic.” The pages opened stiffly, the spine groaning in protest as it was rudely awaken from it’s slumber. There were illustrations of flowers, whole plants and leaves followed by pages of notes on their effects. Hand writing and art style switched every sizable chunk, it appeared to have around 5 authors. He recognized around a third of the plants, but the rest were unknown to him and he absorbed their effects with wide eyes.

Dan snapped it shut, which quickly turned out to be a mistake as dust shot out of the frail pages to rest on his torso. He wrinkled his nose and dusted himself off, coinpurse jingling on its rope as he did so. He had to get it! Even if it would not teach him any new techniques, it would be a handy reference guide. It even had plants that lived in desert climates, something he could barely imagine. It was more of a journal than anything else, so he bet it would be worth around eight gold mizas. But you never knew, the prices at this shop fluctuated wildly at a whim of its owner. Speaking of whom, the only way they would be able to make their purchases is if the man would come out of where he was hiding among the maze of dust and lost knowledge. The shelves had the effect of muffling sound, it felt like there was wool in his ears for how silent it was and how little of a distant sound carried.

Fighting the sudden feeling that the breaking the silence was taboo, the Kelvic yelled, “Hello, ah, sir? I, and my companion, would like to have a few things priced!” As his words were absorbed by the walls, no other sound was produced, and he swore his heart was beating louder than usual. Suddenly an old man appeared beside them, Dominac Ariva. He raised a white brow at Beodan, and said in an amused, gruff voice, “No need to dress all fancy in my shop, boy. Too many layers for this weather!” He let out a coughing chuckle at his own antics. The Kelvic looked down at his nude body and cocked his head; he was not dressed up at all. Oh, right. With a light blush at his obliviousness, he tried again, “Umm, how much for this book? It’s a journal on herbs.”

“Give it here, mmm.” Dan did as he was told, and the man leafed through the pages with a wrinkled, but steady, hand. “Ahh, yes! This one. Hmm. Fancy yourself an herbalist, do you?” Dominac’s speech was slow and deliberate, his eyes carrying the weight of an age and seemed to bore right through him. Under his gaze, he held no secrets. “12 Gold MizasNote to grader, let me know if this is a fair price. It is two above the max listed in the price list. I want Beodan to get swindled a bit. Thank you, for that one. A lot of fine authors in there, yes.. hmm?” The Kelvic blinked, then realised that he was being asked for approval, “Oh, umm, yes that seems fair... Here. Thank you very much!” He fished around in the coin purse until he found 12 gold rimmed pieces. The man accepted them, slipping them into his robe, and handed Dan the book carefully. He turned to Joanna, “And you?” he said, rapping on her armored shoulder with a gnarled knuckle.
Last edited by Beodan Clathony on October 20th, 2015, 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beodan Clathony
The Horse Herbalist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Day in Town [Joanna]

Postby Joanna Familiaris on October 20th, 2015, 1:14 am

Joanna listened intensely for some kind of response after Dan called out. The initial response was a deafening silence punctured only by the sounds of muffled city life beyond the walls of the shop. She was just about to go searching when they finally got an answer. Joanna had her back to the man when he spoke, and she spun around quickly to meet the sound. He was a little, old man with a rugged voice that seemed to be as dilapidated as the shop they stood in.

“No need to dress all fancy in my shop, boy. Too many layers for this weather!”

There was something off about him. It wasn't what he said, rather the way he said it. He sounded friendly. Too friendly. Maybe she was being paranoid. There was a certain level of cheerfulness that all shopkeeper had to accept into their routine in order to draw in customers. Still, she wanted to be careful around the stranger. While he busied himself with Beodan, Joanna kept her eyes trained firmly on the old man. She tried to read something... anything... but found herself coming up short. It was hard if his hunching posture was supposed to be menacing, or just bad posture. Or if his amused tone was supposed to be genuine or a result of madness. She was thinking too hard on this. He was probably just an old man trying to run a store. Nothing out of the ordinary. Still, she didn't want to let her guard down.

"12 Gold Mizas, for that one. A lot of fine authors in there, yes.. hmm?” 12 Gold? That seemed a bit... overpriced. Dan seemed to be comfortable with it. Maybe that's just how things were priced here in the city. Plus, it was a fairly extensive book. She might have to go home with just one of her choices. She had to be careful not to spend too much money before buying groceries.

"Good morning, sir," Joanna replied, feeling a bit odd at the elder's own oddness. "I'm also looking to purchase a few books." This was a different Joanna. Much more reserved and direct. When she produced the books for the shopkeeper to examine, she did so in a way that did not communicate any real enthusiasm or apathy. She did not know this man, and did not feel comfortable exposing any more of herself than she needed.

The first book, "The Sundering of the World" was a very brief timeline of the events leading to, during, and after the Valterrian. There was, of course, no real proof that the author's information was correct. And the writing was very amateur at best. But it nevertheless had some peculiar points of interest and personal opinions that Joanna was interested in exploring. The other, "Mace Etiquette", was an introductory guide to maces. She was well ahead of the skill level the book was directed towards, but hopefully she could find some useful tips and techniques.

Joanna Familiaris
Pilgrim of Priskil

Character sheet
Donor (1)

A Day in Town [Joanna]

Postby Beodan Clathony on October 21st, 2015, 12:17 am

“Morning, you say?” asked Mr. Ariva, looking genuinely surprised if the pronunciation of the wrinkles above his eyes was anything to go by. He trailed off gruffly, “I could have sworn it was the middle of the night… Ah well! More books then? Alright, let me see them.” He snorted at the first book and placed it below “Mace Etiquette.” He nodded once and leafed through the pages. It looked to be a more recently copied book, the inner pages were crisp and boldly inked. The man hummed low in his chest and finally said, “52 gold mizas for Mace Etiquette, and eight for the Sundering. Does that suit you, skull smasher?” He looked pointedly to the weapon on her hip.

Five chimes later, they had left the shop. Dan clutched the book tightly in his hand, as if it would run away from him if he loosened his grip. He was happy with his purchase, even if it had costed well over a day’s pay. He grimaced slightly at that, but it was not like he had any major expenses or costly pastimes. He paid for things when he needed them, and was a thrifty as the woman who had taught him everything he knew. Waste not, want not she had always said. A saying he found himself agreeing with. That didn’t me he would never indulge himself, but he only did so on rare occasions. Like today.

Back to the Great Bazaar they went, this time with a specific purpose. As he became more hungry, the smells wafting from the fresh roasts and baked bread had him salivating. He gravitated towards a butcher’s stand. The large man had his back turned to them and was chopping into what looked like the back half of a cow, expertly cutting the meat to perfection, while throwing some scraps into a wooden basin. The splitting and snapping of bones made him wince as he got within a few feet. He did not seek out meat for his meals, but come on. Those sausages looked divine! On closer inspection, there was a label laying flat that said ‘Pork’ in messy handwriting. He turned to Joanna with hunger in his eyes, and asked, “Those look good, don’t they? I’ll get some. Why not!” It he bought half a pound for five silver mizas, and placed the meaty goodness in his pack.

They stopped by a dairy stand, and he picked out a half pound of goat cheese, costing 1 silver miza. The butter they sold was tempting, but he did not know what he would use it for if he had the cheese, so continued walking, following the mouthwatering scent of bread. Three round loaves soon found the cheese in his pack for another silver miza, the woman sending him off after taking his coin with a “Have a good day now, dear,” and a benevolent smile. He returned the gesture happily. “Anything we forgot, or you want to eat? I’m terrible at picking stuff out. Eating grass is so much simpler!” Dan whined to his companion, half serious, half joking. If he could recall correctly, he was well stocked on honey, vinegar, and plain alcohol. So no need to burden himself with surplus.

Ledger Note12 GM for Beodan’s Book, and 0.7 GM for food. 12.7 GM total.
Beodan Clathony
The Horse Herbalist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Day in Town [Joanna]

Postby Joanna Familiaris on October 21st, 2015, 11:41 am

Joanna reluctantly gave up the Mace Etiquette book, knowing she could never afford it. It was disappointing, but at least she wasn't leaving the shop empty-handed. She would have to make a mental note to visit the store in the future. After handing over 8 gold (- 8 gm), she happily made her leave with Dan. They both managed to salvage something useful, so their trip was overall successful. Now, it was time to get some food.

She watched with great amusement as her companion browsed through the various food stalls, his gaze shifting over the slabs of meat on a butcher's counter. She remembered his earlier sentiment about meat, and worried that he would be disturbed by the sight, but Dan seemed to just fine. There was a smile plastered onto his face that was far too infectious. “Those look good, don’t they? I’ll get some. Why not!” She could barely stifle a laugh as Beodan tried his best not to drool over the entire display. It would be nice to cook some real sausages, rather than just nibble on jerky and dried meat.

They continued on through the stalls to gather up all the essentials for a good meal. Between the two of them, it should last at least a week or so. And they could always graze. One of the many benefits of her Kelvic nature meant she never had to go hungry as long as there was some foliage. Still, nothing beat having a belly full of warm, delicious meat or sweet, sugary confectioneries. Speaking of which...

Joanna was suddenly made aware of just how hungry she was. They hadn't eaten at all today, and being surrounded by so much food just made her stomach groan and growl. All the sights, the smells, all of it made her belly ache for something, anything. She could eat her own book if need be. She had to get something before the went crazy. “Anything we forgot, or you want to eat? I’m terrible at picking stuff out. Eating grass is so much simpler!” Her eyes brightened. Now that Beodan was finished with the last of his shopping, Joanna pulled him away to follow the aroma of something unbearably sweet. Her hand was clamped down firmly on his as they half-ran, half-jogged through the crowd to a large counter swamped with dozens of people.

She had to muscle her way through some loiterers and window shoppers to get to the counter of a moderately-sized bakery with shelves filled with all manner of sugar-coated delectables. Joanna could barely contain her excitement. She had to wait patiently for her turn to come around, but she made the most of her opportunity by ordering two fist-sized cinnamon-swirled, sugar-glazed buns (-8 sm). She could already taste it. It took everything in her not to just stuff both of them in her mouth. After handing the other bun to Beodan, she started leading them towards the palace to drop off their stuff.

"Mmmh~!" She was far too impatient. She was already two bites into her own breakfast. Of all vices, it was her love of sugar that was the most powerful. Their Kelvic senses would guarantee them a level of taste above normal humans, which made something as strong and powerful as sugar even more irresistible. Joanna had her cheeks practically stuffed, her cheeks warm with a blissful blush.

After swallowing, Joanna spoke. "We'll head to my house to store the food and then head off to the spa, unless there's anything else we need to do first. As it stands, I think we're done with groceries." The apartments grew closer as they spoke, located not too far from the bazaar. It was a convenience that Joanna had failed to utilize in her short time here, mainly given her fright of large crowds. But that fear seemed to dissolve when with Dan. She was infinitely grateful for his company.

It didn't take long before they reached the rows and rows of identical-looking doors differentiated by a simple number. They walked all the way down to a set of stairs and made their way up to room 201 before Joanna reached back into a flap on her pack and produced the key. "Hovel, sweet Hovel." She said, opening the door for him.

The interior was as it always had been. Dark, dank, and plain. All that set it apart from other rooms was a stack of Joanna's street clothes on the bed. Cobwebs had been strung up in nearly every corner of the room, and the smell of the old hearth saturated the room. It wasn't wholly unpleasant, but it certainly was... a smell.

Joanna Familiaris
Pilgrim of Priskil

Character sheet
Donor (1)

A Day in Town [Joanna]

Postby Beodan Clathony on October 21st, 2015, 10:44 pm

Beodan let out a hearty laugh at the sight of Joanna, all decked out in armor with a mace attached to her belt, gazing longingly at at some kind of sweet roll in her hand. It seemed so out of place on her battle hardened palm. The strange bread-like concoction appeared to be covered in copious amounts of cinnamon, and had an almost liquid form of the spice oozing out of every crack. A milky white glaze was drizzled over the top. He was startled when she pushed one into his hand, and asked, “Ah, what is this? I’ve never had one before.” He looked over to the other Kelvic shyly, then snorted. She had her eyes closed and a pink blush on her cheeks as she chewed, a single large bite out of the pastry in her hand. His words had likely gone right over her head! Shrugging he took a more cautious bite of his own sweet, after all, if she enjoyed it he would too. It certainly smelled amazing…

What was this magic? The bread was not like normal bread, but more like a cake or something. So fluffy and sugary. The cinnamon and sugar just went with each other, bondmates of the food world! It made him want to become a baker, if only to be able to eat such things all the time. It was like marble, white flesh with veins of gooey spice webbing the insides. If benevolent gods existed, this was surely their doing. The human that had first made this deserved all the gold and sweetgrass he could imagine. As long as they continued to produce these glazed buns. He was vaguely aware that he had started walking somewhere, but that wasn’t important right now! He steeled himself, only nibbling the treat now so it would last as long as possible. Savor the flavor.

Dan looked at his hands and gasped. His new favorite dessert had vanished! Stolen! Lost and alone! He jutted his pink tongue out to lick what was left of the treat off of his fingers with the desperation of a king that had lost his son. “Hovel, sweet Hovel,” someone said, accompanied by the creaking of a door. He blinked and turned to his shopping companion. For a moment of disorientation, his eyes narrowed. Was this the thief that had taken all sweet, cinnamony joy from him? He gave her a begin smile, all the while plotting a great sweet roll heist! He shook his head at his own antics and followed her into the apartment.

A bit less used than Moxie’s had been, but at least there were not boxes everywhere like hers had had. Did have. He put his pack down on the floor next to her storage chest. He rolled his shoulders, groaning as he did so. Those Soothing Waters would feel so good, especially after carrying the pack all this way. Now unburdened, and free of his responsibilities, he was ready to go relax. He looked at Joanna coyly, and said, “Get that heavy armor off of you so we can go to the baths! Unless you go soaking expected to get attack by those dangerous masseuses.” It costed two silvers for unlimited pool time per person. But they could also spend a gold miza between them and rent a private pool, if they were so inclined.
Beodan Clathony
The Horse Herbalist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Day in Town [Joanna]

Postby Joanna Familiaris on October 22nd, 2015, 6:41 am

It looked like Joanna wasn't the only one hypnotized by the sugary goodness. After glancing away for just a few moments, Dan's treat was gone. The only trace of its existence was smeared across his mouth. She couldn't help but laugh as he turned to her with a begging gaze. There was no escaping the delicious taste. All those who tasted the evil treat were forever fated to seek out its tantalizing flavor. Bound forever to the confectionery demons, slaves to their will. Well, not really. They just tasted really good, and Joanna often craved them. Anything with sugar or honey, really. They were one of her greatest weaknesses.

"Grass is passable, but nothing will ever beat a good home-cooked meal. Or a freshly baked treat." A beaming smile stretched across her face. She reached out to wipe off a spot of glaze that had somehow escaped his his wrath, and placed it on the tip of his nose with a chuckle. "Make yourself at home. I'd offer you tea, or some coffee, but... regretfully, I have neither. Anyways, give me a few chimes to change."

Now began the difficult task of removing the heavy pieces of scale metal she had so effortlessly put on this morning. The set layered onto one another to close any potential gaps, and meant that taking it off required a specific order of operations. First came the gloves, each of them sliding off after a few good tugs. Then came the chestpiece. Arguably the hardest on account of it being slipped on over the head. She loosened the straps and shimmied her body to move herself out of the piece inch by inch. It took some good effort, but the mail eventually slid over her head and onto the ground with a THUMP. The greaves were next, and effortless, along with the boots and the under-armor clothes.

Finally, she was ready to go: dressed in a very modest, brown tunic that looked to have seen quite a bit of use before Joanna ever got her hands on it. It still functioned just fine, so she couldn't complain. She wasn't one to ever bother herself with local fashion trends, but she did take the effort to fill her wardrobe with clothes that worked in her favor. The gods had been... generous when gifting Joanna her form. A bit more generous in some places than others. The tunic was perfect for this, as its lower half spread out into a dress that was breezy and free-flowing. It didn't bring any attention to her proportions.

It was embarrassing to think of such things in front of her companion. Of course, he'd already seen all of her before, so she had no reason to be nervous around him. "Well, I may not be well protected for a fight against an army of soap-wielding spa assassins, but I think we'll be able to hold our own." She said, teasing Beodan's about his remark. "Come" She led them back outside and locked the door behind them.

The sun was sitting high above them as they walked towards the spa, the heat unable to penetrate the brisk chill that came with the autumn wind. Joanna didn't seem to mind it much, but she did wonder if Beodan would have been better off with at least a shirt. She was tempted to let him wear her clothes, but knew how embarrassing it might be. Joanna found herself constantly worrying about him like that. Questions constantly surfaced in her mind. Was he enjoying her company? Was he cold? Was he still hungry? Thirsty? Bored? Maybe a bath would let her sort out her thoughts. For now, she just needed to relax.

From an outward appearance, Joanna seemed to carry herself much the same as she did when wearing several tons of armor, but there was less menace to her presence. Instead, it communicated a sense of courage and faith. Her hands were held together in front of her, resting on the rim of her belt, making it look like she was in constant prayer. Her head and shoulder were a bit more slouched, but not to the point of looking dejected. More like, she was at peace.

"Dan." She started to speak, but couldn't remember exactly what she wanted to say. She diverted herself to a different train of thought instead. "If the main bath isn't too crowded, I think that will suit me just fine. Although, I'll be honest, I'd much rather have a private room. It's just that..." she was a big baby around other people and still didn't like the idea of washing herself under the gaze of dozens of people she'd never met. ... I'm not that great with crowds." Plus, the relative quiteness would give her time to think on some things. "That is, of course, if you don't mind the price. We can split it of course, but ultimately it's up to you" She said, doing her best to sound sincere.
Joanna Familiaris
Pilgrim of Priskil

Character sheet
Donor (1)

A Day in Town [Joanna]

Postby Beodan Clathony on October 24th, 2015, 3:51 pm

OOCSorry this took so long, the last two days have been hell at work! I started writing last night, but I was so sleep deprived that I just couldn’t finish. Here it is!

Beodan stood awkwardly as the servant of Priskill removed her armor, wanting to help her as she struggled to shed the metal layers. At least she knew what she was doing though, and seemed to be practiced at taking it off herself. He knew he would just end up getting in the way, so he stood off to the side and let her work. That did not stop him from biting his bottom lip restlessly. Her now bare feet clapped against the cold floor as she shook off her boots one by one, and piled the last piece of armor off to the side. She was nude for a moment, before her feminine curves were swiftly covered by a brown tunic that almost fell into a dress at the bottom. His companion raised a teasing brow and said slyly, "Well, I may not be well protected for a fight against an army of soap-wielding spa assassins, but I think we'll be able to hold our own. Come!”

The Stallion chuckled and followed her out of the stuffy apartment. As much as the city smelled unsavory in most parts, he prefered the open air to the stale fumes any day. The walked side by side through the city once more, this time free from the obligations of shopping. Dan tightened his fists to warm up his fingers, a cold wind blowing through the city streets. It was not a bad gale, it was just strong enough to steal the heat right out of his skin. Well, there was an easy remedy to that. He solved the problem in the way that was only natural to the Kelvic, he loosened his coin purse and Shifted. He nuzzled Joanna’s ear to let her know he was still following her through the city. His hooves clopped against the cobblestones, somewhat irregularly as he avoided people’s feet and other objects that should not be stepped on. Ah yes, this was much better! Nothing beat a thick coat of hair when it came to fighting the winter cold.

“Dan.” Another flash of light illuminated the street, and Dan found his voice, “Hmm?” She hesitated for just a moment, which he attributed to his sudden changes of form. "If the main bath isn't too crowded, I think that will suit me just fine. Although, I'll be honest, I'd much rather have a private room. It's just that... I'm not that great with crowds. That is, of course, if you don't mind the price. We can split it of course, but ultimately it's up to you,” she implored, her sentiments a mirror image of his own. “Oh, yes of course! I was actually hoping you would say that, I feel more comfortable in the private baths, but a gold miza is a bit much for that luxury. Luckily, your wonderful company gives me an excuse!” he explained with a small smile. He did not like a crowded bath either, but only because he got a bit nervous with more than one stranger around at a time. He knew his phobia was irrational, as, if all the men were as naked as he was, he had his hooves to defend himself. Besides, the baths were well moderated by the stone faced man at the front desk, as if he had seen everything the world had to offer, and now nothing shook him.

After a few chimes more of walking, the two stood in front of said man; Ivis Balak. Dan slid a gold miza over to him as he requested, “One private bath, please!” a bit of his excitement leaking into his voice. Without even a twinge of an eyebrow at the odd looking pair, he calmly gave them directions to the row of private baths. The were the second door down. Beodan smiled at his companion, then eagerly led the way to the bath. He held the door open for her, and let it shut behind him with a soft click. It was theirs. The moderately sized pool of water had steam rolling off the surface, promising to be hot as the geothermal spring would allow. He put his coinpurse at the side, and dipped his toe in. He moaned, that felt good. His feet were still quite cold, so the water made them feel like burning ice as heat was forced into them. He sank up to his mid chest and waved a wet hand at her, beckoning her to join him in these Soothing Waters, a grin on his face.
Beodan Clathony
The Horse Herbalist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Day in Town [Joanna]

Postby Joanna Familiaris on October 25th, 2015, 1:35 am

OOCNo worries, work has been busy for me as well. Feel free to take your time :D

“Oh, yes of course! I was actually hoping you would say that, I feel more comfortable in the private baths, but a gold miza is a bit much for that luxury. Luckily, your wonderful company gives me an excuse!”

A blush rose to her cheeks, her hand instinctively rising to meet it. She might never get used to his compliments, but a part of her was okay with that. "I don't deserve such glowing remarks. But... thank you." She continued to walk alongside him with a new bounce in her step. It was a relief to know that she wasn't the only one who felt uneasy in crowds, as irrational as it was. Something about her Kelvic nature made her feel unsafe when surrounded at all sides. Like she had no way of escape. It was silly, of course, but crippling nonetheless.

The two finally made their way to the Soothing Waters and already Joanna could feel her skin warming. The entrance to the building was rather ominous, though, with a long hallway leading to the underground springs barely lit by flickering torches. She was suddenly grateful for having an escort. They descended the stone corridor before finally coming upon a small waiting room with a couple doors leading off in several directions and a set of double doors open to the large open bathing area. The man behind the counter looked like a mannequin, completely unmoving. It wasn't until Beodan spoke to him that she was sure he wasn't a statue.

They spoke very briefly. After the exchange of Miza, they were granted access to a private bath room and wasted no time making their way to it. As they passed by the main bath, Joanna stole a few glances at its occupants. She noticed, with some amusement, that there were a few isur in the pool as well. But they seemed to be keeping to themselves. The rest were washing, swimming, talking, and whatever else it was that people did in pools. They looked to be having fun. She was glad Dan and herself didn't decide to join them, though. It was far too rambunctious.

The air was thick and humid as they entered the private room, steam rising from the surface of their bath. Oddly enough, it made her think of a cup of coffee. The idea of filling a bath with the stuff and soaking in it was not an unpleasant one. Probably unhealthy. And expensive. And gross. Maybe she shouldn't let her mind wander so much.

Dan was settling in quite nicely, and Joanna was planning to do the same. She disrobed herself once more and stood at the precipice of the pool, looking in. It was shallow, with jutting circle of stone for someone to sit. Her foot lowered down to meet it, feeling the warmth creep up her legs, then her hips as the dipped lower and lower into the pool. The heat rose and rose, past her stomach, her breasts, and finally stopped at her shoulders. "H-hyaaah~" she moaned, shivering with joy. Her whole body was enveloped in warmth. "Gods divine... this... this is wonderful~"

She took her seat next to Dan, pressing against him. His contact, along with the heat of the pool, was too incredible to be described with words. She could sit here, forever. For a while, she just relaxed, gently resting her head against Dan's shoulder as the two soaked. Her ears trained themselves to the sound of Dan's breathing, along with the sloshing of the water. She let her mind wander, taking in what they had seen today. They did not do a lot, but at the same time it felt like they had been doing so much. It was full of excitement, discovery, happiness and laughter. If every day with Dan was like this, then...

Something in her flickered. A spark spat out. She shuddered. What was this? These thoughts, they made her stomach weak. This wasn't the first time, either. Beodan, the man she had met only a day earlier, had already made himself a prominent figure in Joanna's mind. Just thinking about him made her lips curl up into a smile. His cheerfulness, his boundless energy, everything about him was so bright. She felt... drawn to him. Did he feel the same?

"You'll hate yourself if you never find out" The voice was familiar, and echo from the past. Her mind conjured up the face of her older brother, Voriel. She always called him her conscience, and here he was now. He was right though. He always was. If she didn't ask, didn't at least try... it would haunt her.

She collected her courage. Whatever happened, at least she would have an answer. The warmth of the pool, the touch of Dan's skin, the voice in her head and the beating in her chest... It filled her with determination.

"Dan, I think you're great!!!"

Okay... maybe she should have taken a bit more time to think that out.

"I-I-I mean! Uh! Y-you're... you're! Uh..."

Her expression flashed between shock and embarrassment, both failing to take root. She had shifted a good foot away from him now, too afraid of his reaction. She was going to implode onto herself.

"I-I-It's just..."

Breathe. She forced herself to cooperate. Closing her eyes shut, Joanna took in several stilted breaths and forced them back out of her nose. In, and out. In, and out. She needed to regain composure. In, and out. Relax. Breathe. In, and out. Her words found her much more easily, now.

"What I mean to say is... I know that w-we haven't known each other for very long. And I know that I might not be very desirable. But I'd like to think that... that... you might consider... u-uhm..." Breathe. In, and out. "T-that you might think of me as... someone special. B-because..." In, and out. "You're someone very special to me"

Her heart was trying to break free of her chest, her breath was stuttered, even her eyes were unable to focus.
Joanna Familiaris
Pilgrim of Priskil

Character sheet
Donor (1)

PreviousNext