[Note by Neologism] Marek Tal

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Marek Tal

Postby Marek on November 2nd, 2015, 2:28 am

Marek Tal

Appearance

Race: Human
Birthday: 7,Spring, 485
Birthplace: Zeltiva

Appearance: Marek stands at about 6 feet tall or 6’2 when he wears his boots and weighs just over 225 LBS. His hair is a tad short, thick and glossy stopping just at his neck and kept shaved and shape. His body is a touch on the stocky side of things. He has a shaved and maintained goatee with slightly harry arms and chest with tufts of hair on his knuckles. His eyes are a piercing blue color like the color of glacial fed water. His cloths are pretty simple being that of a simple tunic that is earthy clay red color buttoned up with wooden toggles, he has a simple leather belt with a brass buckle holding up charcoal grey denim pants.
Character Concept

Marek is an entrepreneur he has great ideas but does not have all the pieces to implement all of his ideas. He has had enough ambition to start up his own fishing business seeing as how a city the size of Syliras would need plenty of food. At his heart he is a business man and wants to be a better one and see how big he can build a business.

Character History

There is nothing special about Marek he was not born under a special sign, he’s not any kind of war hero he is just a citizen of Sylira. His parents were neither rich nor were they were too poor all in all he was a face in the crowd and typically ignored. Now he didn’t really mind being just another face in the crowd when it came to the governments control of its citizens. But the thing was he didn’t always like being ignored and there were always other ways of not being bothered if one had money. Now money was a thing that could be gotten if one understood one simple concept supply and demand and he understood it well enough to get something started. He knew that the city Syliras needed food and a lot of it. Thing was he was no good at farming, and animal husbandry required more land than he could be allowed to use at the moment because all property in Syliras belongs to the Knighthood. But they didn’t awn anything past Syliras which meant technically he could be on a boat and not be bothered by the regular government and still be able to take advantage of it. That being said he went into fishing and providing for the city and earning some money.

Language

Fluent Language: Common
Basic Language: Fratava.
Poor Language:

Skills

Skill EXP Total Proficiency
Fishing SP# 26 26 Competent
Sailing SP# 24 24 Novice
Negotiation RB# 15, 15 Novice

Lores

Lore: Commercial fishing for the Syliras coast. Marek knows what they are, what they look like, where they grow, and what to use to catch them.

Lore Sports fishing for the Syliras coast. Marek knows what they are, what they look like, where they grow, and what to use to catch them.

Possessions

Starting Gear :
1 Set of Clothing
-Simple Shirt
-Simple Pants
-Simple Undergarments
-Simple Coat
-Simple Boots
1 Waterskin
1 Backpack which contains:
-Comb (Wood)
-Brush (Wood)
-Soap
-Razor
-Balanced Rations (1 Week’s Worth)
-1 eating knife
-Flint & Steel

Business Equipment :
Ships Boat
Rowboat (With sails)
6 fishing nets
Hammock
5 Fishing Kits
2 Block and Tackle’s
2 Clam shovels and 2 Clam Tubes

20 Gold Mizas

The Mako

Heirloom: Chart for the Syliras area

Housing Sold for 500 GM

Ledger

Purchase Cost Total
Starting +100 GM 100 GM
Sold house +500 GM 600 GM
Purchased Ships Boat -300 GM 300 GM
Purchased Rowboat -100 GM 200 GM.
Purchased 6 fishing nets 24 GM 176 GM
Purchased Hammock -5 GM 171 GM
Purchased 5 Fishing Kits -50 GM 121 GM
Purchased 2 Block and Tackle’s -10 GM 111 GM
Purchased 2 Clam shovels and 2 Clam Tubes -16 GM 95 GM
Purchased Sails for the Rowboat -75 GM 20 GM
Last edited by Marek on November 8th, 2015, 7:48 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Marek
Player

Words: 10165
Joined roleplay: October 31st, 2015, 8:47 pm
Character sheet

Marek Tal

Postby Marek on November 2nd, 2015, 1:55 pm

Hey i'm not done with this guy.
Marek
Player

Character sheet

Marek Tal

Postby Marek on November 3rd, 2015, 12:07 am

Thread List

Marek
Player

Character sheet

Marek Tal

Postby Neologism on November 10th, 2015, 7:41 pm

Hey Marek!

I took a look at your CS, so you can go ahead and get some grades. It looks great! I only have one thing to point out to you. It is about lores.

Lores are really just a simple sentence that outlines specific knowledge on a certain skill. For example someone may start with 10 SP in Carving and have a lore to specify their carving skill to wood. This lore would be 'Carving: Wood'. If they did a thread where they were focusing on carving curves into wood, they would get points in carving as well as a lore 'Carving: Curves in wood'.

As you can see lores are a specific area of knolwedge, whereas yourse seem to cover quite a few details of fishing. Perhaps take a look at them and pick out what parts of commercial or sport fishing you would like.
Lore: Commercial fishing for the Syliras coast. Marek knows what they are, what they look like, where they grow, and what to use to catch them.

Lore Sports fishing for the Syliras coast. Marek knows what they are, what they look like, where they grow, and what to use to catch them.

Let me know when you narrowed this out a bit and I can see if I can approve it! :)
Ivory Heart Zintila The Constellations The Shinya
Council of Radiance (WIP) Star Gazing Gazette
Neologism
AS of Lhavit, DS of Zeltiva

Words: 621787
Joined roleplay: May 20th, 2014, 1:40 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Marek Tal

Postby Marek on November 10th, 2015, 11:30 pm

All right. I beg to disagree with your opinion of my Lores.

If you go to the lore on lores..the Lore wiki? you know what I mean found here and scroll down to Example #1

Example 1: Lore of Local Poisonous Flora

A player who acquires the knowledge of the local poisonous plants in Sylira - what they are, what they look like, where they grow, and what they do - will have:

Lore - Location Poisonous Plants (Sylira)

You will notice that my lore on fishing is worded almost verbatim to Example #1

Marek
Player

Character sheet