Ahanatep, and/or Eypharian diaspora?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Petra Evgenis on November 7th, 2015, 5:04 pm

Thinking over character creation, I was interested in playing an Eypharian in Ahnatep, or maybe another city that would also be a good match for that race.

Currently Ahnatep is one of the many cities marked 'closed', is there a plan to re-open (and if so, when)?

Thanks!
Petra Evgenis
Player

Words: 2722
Joined roleplay: November 7th, 2015, 2:38 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Sayana on November 7th, 2015, 5:10 pm

Hello there,

I also play an Eypharian (who is currently in Alvadas). When I joined about a year ago, Ahnatep was closed at that time too, so I simply found another place for her to start and included her life in Ahnatep as part of her history. I doubt it will become open anytime soon (but you never know), so it's probably best to pick another city in which your character would thrive in.

In fact, when I first made Sayana's story of how she got from Ahnatep to Syliras (her starting city), there were so many good pieces of plot that resulted from her simple, or not so simple, travel story. Unfortunately I haven't really been able to do flashbacks in Ahnatep, but it's still really fun playing an Eypharian.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Nivel on November 7th, 2015, 5:30 pm

That and it's almost better to start in an area your character isn't familiar with so that you can learn as your character does.
Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Words: 461307
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)