Closed Meeting Old Friends all Over Again.

Bakar goes for a walk to clear her mind, and bumps into someone she hasn't seen in a while.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Meeting Old Friends all Over Again.

Postby Bakar on August 10th, 2015, 3:34 pm

I promise I'm not that scary..

A blush would be in her face, had she the blood to sustain it. "Thanks.." Was all Bakar could blurt out embarrassedly. She was getting self conscious about herself now, and made an effort to control herself more, removing her smile.

She couldn't help but have it return at the flustered Garland though. She avoided looking at him, not trying to embarrass him more. She felt a pang of jealously though. She had a faint tug at her mind, memories. But she couldn't place her finger on it. Had she felt love before? She was unlikely to ever feel it now. Her smile slowly vanished as her mind returned to her condition briefly. Remembering where she was, however, she made effort to hide it. She didn't want to bring Garland down at a moment like this.

"Don't worry about it Garland, I understand. I'm glad that you've found someone!" Bakar said overexcitedly, trying not to reveal her true emotions.

They arrived at the Elegant Weave, and Garland opened the door for him. He started to step inside, but Bakar stopped him. "O-oh.. Um.. Garland.. if you don't mind.. could you... wait.. here? No matter how awkward that would be for you to ask, it's even harder for me.. Sorry.." She hung her head low, and apologized for the request.

He entered the store and made her way to the attendant. Speaking in a hushed voice, she asked the women for help. She just needed simple undergarments, no more. The attendant was trying to convince her to replace her whole attire, but Bakar was insistent. Just undergarments.

She exited several chimes later, and apologized once more to Garland, for asking him to stay. "Th-thanks for accompanying me.."
Last edited by Bakar on September 26th, 2015, 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As of Summer, 63, 515, Bakar has a different body! If never met you before, then this doesn't really matter to you, but people I've met should take this into account, as you're really unlikely to recognize me. :P
Bakar
The Quiet Undertaker

Words: 136278
Joined roleplay: September 10th, 2014, 7:53 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Garland on August 14th, 2015, 3:04 pm

Garland waited outside, twiddling his thumbs. Something was bothering him, something Bakar had said before. She seemed... enthusiastic... Bakar never seemed enthusiastic, it was strange, he thought about it while he waited for her to finish up buying her stuff.

Garland returned back to smiling when Bakar had finished shopping for her clothes. "Ready to go? Do you have any other place to go or do you want to go back home? I think I can take you there."

He frowned, thinking about Bakar's situation. "How's the new body treating you by the way? I wonder... umm... do Nuits like love or something? With the new body did any of that change? Sorry if I'm being a bit forward, I was just curious."

He blushed a bit, thinking about just how different Nuits are. He paused and gave a tiny smile at Bakar. "You know, I sorta missed you, you know. I was wondering if you wanted to hang out later. I think lunch would be out of the question since you don't exactly eat... Oh I have been wondering if you can eat at all, like can you still taste and eat, but you don't need to, or have you lost that ability?"

He gave a silly smile and looked up to the sun. "I should be off my shift right around now, what do you want to do now? Do you plan on buying anything else today?"
Garland
A Father First, A Squire Second

Words: 687461
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2014, 2:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Bakar on August 16th, 2015, 7:29 pm

"Nuit.. are basically people.. They used to be at least. I've heard that they lose their feelings as they get older though. They get cold and distant, calculating. I guess.. I'm not that old yet. We still have our emotions and feelings though.. They just.. change as we get older? I'm not really certain.. Love is up to the mind, not the body. Just because I was a man, doesn't mean I needed to be attracted to women. And now that.. I'm.. a woman.." She cleared her throat and continued, still getting used to this herself. "Doesn't mean I have to be attracted to men.." She mumbled one other thing, under her breath, quietly, but moved on before questions were asked.

"Nothing changed with my new body. I am still me.. If anything changed, it's the way others treat me. When I returned home the first night, my neighbor spoke to me, for the first time in a long time. He expressed concern for my wellbeing. Then the next day, told me of the "strange man" who lived there before, and how this man had made him very uncomfortable. In this body, people treat me better. And it's a nice feeling. I guess it's just been getting to my head.. Sorry. It was silly of me to think I could be the same as everyone else again." She knew Garland was just asking out of his curiosity, but she always had a habit of thinking too far into things. She really tried not to let the emotions rise again, but they did. Then all she could do was try to bury them with smiles again.

"Eating.. is pretty much out of the question.." She pulled her shirt up, exposing her stomach and the bottom part of a long stitching. Smiling sadly, she explained. "Nuits don't heal their wounds, ever. That's why it's stitched up and always will be. The cut came from removal. Some Nuit's remove the unnecessary organs from their bodies. The lack of support makes it hard for the body to keep form, so it's stuffed with something. Sometimes sand, but that's very heavy, and Nuit tend to not have a lot of muscle. Fabric is good, but it needs to be stuffed tightly, so it doesn't have too much room to fold over.." She pulled her shirt back down, and sighed. "Even if I wanted to eat, the food would have nowhere to go. Even if the organs remained, they don't continue to function anyways."

"If you're hungry, I will accompany you, however. I'm done with shopping, the plan was really just to come here and then go home. I would have no complaints about staying out with a friend a little longer." She gave him another, forced smile. She really hoped it didn't show.
Last edited by Bakar on September 26th, 2015, 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As of Summer, 63, 515, Bakar has a different body! If never met you before, then this doesn't really matter to you, but people I've met should take this into account, as you're really unlikely to recognize me. :P
Bakar
The Quiet Undertaker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Garland on August 19th, 2015, 11:54 am

"Well you still have your feelings and that makes you human." Garland reassured Bakar. He could never know how she felt, but the best thing he could do was to try and comfort his undead friend.

"Well... Eating alone is bad, but eating while the other person isn't is a bit ruder I think. I'll just eat later... Hmmm... What do you do when you're alone? Do you play any instruments or something? Let's get you home." He grabbed Bakar's hand. "Lead the way."

Garland walked through the city with the undead girl, he was happy that he had a chance to spend some time with his friend, he hadn't actually spent time with many people this season. He had missed Bakar and Saede, sadly he had no idea where Saede was. She just seemed to disappear. He had tried looking for her, but to no avail.

He was glad Bakar was back. "It had been a very hectic few seasons Bakar, if you want, I can tell you about them when we get back to your home." He gave a warm smile at Bakar, but there was a small nagging feeling in the back of his head.

Bakar seems a bit more distant than usual. Maybe she was remembering his old life, or something. He was curious if he/she had ever fallen in love before, but he didn't want to depress the Nuit anymore than she already is.

"I hope that you smile more, you're smile is fantastic. I don't know if it's the new body, but I think you just smiling is wonderful." He said with a small smile of his own. "You can't be happy all the time, but at least try to be happy as much as you can."
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Bakar on August 27th, 2015, 1:16 am

"When I'm alone I.. think. I think of the past, of what I am, of what could have been. I've lived more than most. I could have been old and dying at this point. I could have had kids and grandkids." She stopped herself before going on more. She was getting depressing, and didn't want to scare her friend away. "Instruments? Well.. there's a flute. I'm not good though.. and I'm much too weak to demonstrate.. New bodies take a while to get used to.."

Garland grabbed her hand, and told her to lead the way. She didn't know how to react. She was self conscious about her body. It was dead and cold. Garland didn't seem to mind though. She led him through the crowds, back to the residential area of the fortress. She lead him past the rows and rows of identical doors and hallways until she arrived at her door.

As she was opening her door, her neighbor was leaving his. Looking over, he smiled and gave her a nod, before noticing the young man beside her, in uniform. "Ah, hello young man. Glad to see we have good men like you keeping us safe!" The man was friendly, but this just made Bakar sadder. He was such a friendly man, but they had hardly spoken before the change. She gave a forced smile back, before stepping into her room, waving Garland in. Her neighbor gave a raise of an eyebrow before locking his door behind him, and going off on his way.

The inside of her room was devoid of almost any personal effects. The bed was neatly made, hardly ever being used. In fact, the entire room hardly looked used. If not for her personal effects in the chest, and the mark on the table from her.. experiments with magic, it would seem that it was unlived in. This was the first time that Bakar had a guest, and the first time she realized how boring her room really was.

"S-sorry about the lack of.. everything." She said to the floor. She offered him the only chair, before taking a seat on the bed, wrinkling the fabric. "You're the first person I've had here since moving in.. It's enough for me, but.. having someone over is something I've never thought of.."

She sat up straight and shook her head. "S-so! What of these past few seasons? I've spent them in here with myself, or at work. I'm curious to hear what you have been up to!" Bakar said, trying to add some enthusiasm to her voice. She didn't want her first guest to leave dissatisfied with their visit. If she had known she would have a guest, she would at least have had some form of food for them to snack on. Fruit, cheese, crackers, anything. But having no need for it herself, she didn't keep it on hand.
Last edited by Bakar on September 26th, 2015, 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bakar
The Quiet Undertaker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Garland on August 30th, 2015, 9:03 am

He was glad he finally inside Bakar's home, that man outside though, he wasn't so sure about him. The place was bare, but he could say the same with his dorm room.

Ever since Aventis left the room had slowly dissolved to Garland's man cave. He didn't have a lot of stuff, but somehow it had gotten messier and messier. This place is much better compared to his room.

"Hey, ummm... You should probably already know this but... You shouldn't trust people so willingly. That person out there? He just acts friendly to get close since you're in a new body." He paused and looked Bakar over. "A rather pretty one at that. So just remember to lock your doors okay?"

"S-sorry about the lack of.. everything. You're the first person I've had here since moving in.. It's enough for me, but.. having someone over is something I've never thought of.."

Garland took a seat and looked over to Bakar. "I like this place, sorta cozy... Well... not cozy... 'cozy' isn't the right word for it. More like... safe. This place suits you I think. It's better than my place at least."

Garland's dorm room was much worse than Bakar's home. Ever since Aventis, his roommate left, the room had slowly deteriorated into Garland's man cave. Garland didn't have much stuff, but the room was just messy. He had no idea how this happened, but it did.

"S-so! What of these past few seasons? I've spent them in here with myself, or at work. I'm curious to hear what you have been up to!"

"Hmmm... Well... Sayana got married recently, a few days ago I think." He said and gave a small smile. "I'm glad she found someone to spend the rest of her life with. She was beautiful, and both Sayana and the groom were nervous, it was cute and romantic I think."
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Bakar on September 4th, 2015, 6:01 am

Bakar was confused about what Garland had just said. Her neighbor.. was just trying to get close to her? She wondered about this for a moment, before realizing what Garland meant. Had she the blood to do so, it would have drained from her face. Surely her neighbor wouldn't.. She stiffly nodded to Garland, making a note to indeed, ensure her doors are locked. Not that she'd be caught by surprise too much. It's not like she slept. She was just unsure what she would do if someone came in during the night.

Her mind roamed to the thought of magic. She had heard from her original teacher, of a certain kind that allowed someone to place barriers. She might look into such a magic, and employ it to keep herself even more secure.

"Safe... yeah.. maybe.. What's wrong with your place?" She gestured around the small room. "It can't be much worse than this. It's so.. bland here." This was the first time she had realized this, was already thinking of ways to make it more interesting.

She chuckled at the thought of Sayana being nervous. She hadn't spent much time with her, but the few moments she had, she seemed very forward and open. "I guess everything changes when you find someone you want to be with." Bakar said out loud. "I never thought Sayana could even be nervous."

"Oh." Bakar had remembered what Garland had asked earlier, and went to her chest. Putting aside her belongings, some paint, ink, brushes, quills, her mirror. She gingerly pulled out a simple case, containing her wooden flute. She placed it on the table before Garland, and slowly opened it.

"You.. asked about instruments. I.. I'm not very good, but it's something to pass the time, sometimes. I've been too weak to play it often recently.. but I should have better control over my body in a week or so.."

She left the flute on the table, not really wanting to go back to the chest again, while Garland was still here. She sat on the bed quietly, not really sure how to entertain a guest, especially when she was still getting used to her body.
Last edited by Bakar on September 26th, 2015, 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bakar
The Quiet Undertaker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Garland on September 22nd, 2015, 7:42 am

"My room is just a mess! Here at least you can find where you stuff is." He said and smiled and crossed his legs.

"You.. asked about instruments. I.. I'm not very good, but it's something to pass the time, sometimes. I've been too weak to play it often recently.. but I should have better control over my body in a week or so.."

"Oh, right. I'm guessing you use magic to play the flute? Since you don't really have lungs." He said with a small nervous laugh. "Well, I would love to listen whenever you have the time. Maybe I can sing along if there are words to match the song."

He crossed his legs and frowned a bit at Bakar. "Can I be honest, I've had a strange feeling for the pass few weeks now, it might be nothing, but I just can't shake the feeling like I might lose something important. Maybe it's just nerves, but there's a nagging feeling in the back of my heart that just doesn't seem to go away."

He took a deep breath, taking in the musky air in the room. "I'm just worried about April and the kids, she drunk a lot of booze during the new year's party and I haven't seen her much since. I can't help but worry, whenever I go to her ship, she's not there." He sighed, feeling utterly useless. "I think she may be avoiding me or something... I'm just not use to this. This is the first time I think I expect something from myself, to be a good father, but if I can't even do that, then... I don't know..."

He sighed and looked over to the undead girl with a small forced smile. "But, I can probably handle whatever I'm feeling. I am a squire of the city of Syliras." He gave a very unconvincing laugh and stood up from his chair.

He grabbed his gloves and sword and looked over to Bakar. "Anyway, I think I should get back to the dorms, seeing your neat room made me want to clean my own room, who knows, I might fine a few mizas under the mess I call a room." He looked away from Bakar and frowned as he walked towards the door leading outside.
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Bakar on September 22nd, 2015, 7:19 pm

Bakar smiled back to Garland, amused at the thought of Garland's messy room. Having trouble finding your things in your own room, it must have to be pretty bad..

Bakar's smile slowly faded from her face at the mention of magic. It wasn't a welcome thing in the world. And Bakar was unsure of how the knights handled magic in the masses. She laughed nervously, and brushed off the comment. "Maybe you can hear.. songs with words, though, are beyond my abilities right now.. Maybe at some point."

He suddenly got serious, and frowned. Something was wrong. Apparently April had a little to drink at New Years, and Garland hasn't seen her much since then. He sighed and looked devastated. Why would she avoid him? Did something happen during the party?

He had barely started his new responsibilities, and already he felt like he was failing. There was nothing that the Nuit could say to help the young man, as she had never, and will never, experience fatherhood. Or motherhood. But now was not the time to get lost in her own woes. Her friend was opening himself up to her, and she had resolved to be there for him.

She looked at her again, and gave a very unconvincing smile. She smiled sadly back, as he assured her that he'd be okay. "I know you will, Garland. You can handle a lot more than you think." He grabbed his things, and made his way to the door. He said that he was heading back to the dorms, to clean his room.

As he made his way to the door, Bakar rose and rushed to his side. She pulled his arm, and turned him towards her. He was frowning. She hated to see this man, usually so full of life around her, happy and smiling, so sad. She looked at him for a moment. Her small frame, both hands gripped on his arms. She kept him like this for a moment, before pulling him into a hug, squeezing him tightly. "You have a friend here, always. Feel free to drop by anytime." And with that, she released him. And turned back to the table, sitting at the desk quietly.
Bakar
The Quiet Undertaker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Plume on December 7th, 2015, 9:00 pm

Bakar
Note :
Please update your ledger for Fall living expenses and I will award your grades ASAP :)

Garland
Observation +3 XP
Intelligence +2 XP
Interrogation +3 XP
Socialization +5 XP
Philosophy +3 XP
Storytelling +2 XP
Leadership +2 XP
Persuasion +1 XP
Rhetoric +2 XP
Observation +1 XP

Lores :
  • Bumping into Bakar at the Bazaar
  • Bakar: Not a Monster
  • Undergarment Shopping with Bakar
  • Sharing the Big News!
  • Do Nuits Love?
  • Visiting Bakar's Home
  • Bakar Plays the Flute

Notes :
I know this thread is old so you may have already fixed this, but just remember in the future to paraphrase rather than copy and past dialogue. Otherwise a cute little thread with some interesting introspection on Nuit nature and identity, as well as a peek into Garland's worries over impending fatherhood. Well done!
Plume
May I tickle your fancy?

Words: 139803
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2015, 8:22 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Previous