OOC Info Yes! I Do Want To RP Playing With Superpowers!

This is the sign up thread for acquisition of superpowers. This is limited to Riverfall's plot 'The Powers of Winter' for 515 AV. If you are interested, post within to opt in and play in the city's plot.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Behind the Waterfall (BtW) is Riverfalls Development and Contest Forum. Designed to support the IC forum in an OOC way, BtW contains The Suggestion Box, all Riverfall's design contests, the Perk Center, and a place for Rivarians - regardless of whether they are storytellers or not - to work on any kind of Riverfall Project they might need. BtW also contains all the discussion threads Rivarians need to support the RP in their city.

Yes! I Do Want To RP Playing With Superpowers!

Postby Saga on December 14th, 2015, 7:22 pm

2nd Try: I request the ability of Psychokinesis or Telekinesis. Saga is able to move objects or people with just his mind. Unlike Projection there is no astral projection extending from the body but is able to manipulate things with just his mind.

Advantages: Once mastered can manipulate large objects within eyes view and reach and can push, pull, grab and even crush things with sheer force of will. No physical extension from the body so no danger of losing connection limbs.

Weaknesses: Control over this power is sporadic at best and is still weak. Needs constant concentration to grab hold of things, and if broken the hold will fall and must be restarted. Takes quite a bit of mental strain and cannot maintain the power for long before taking a break. Since gaining the power he can only manipulate objects within a 15 yard radius.

SN: This power will need to be repeatedly tested and practiced for the mental strain to lessen, widen range and mental strength.
In our minds

~Saga the Sage~----~Vurik the Force~
Saga
Lost Souls

Words: 52229
Joined roleplay: January 27th, 2014, 7:54 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Gossamer on December 17th, 2015, 5:36 pm

Saga- I feel like your writeup is very generic and not specific or loaded with any limitations. As it reads now, you could potentially lift the whole city of Riverfall and toss it around with your mind. That's not what we are going for. I'd like to see you post a writeup that's very specific, with reasonable limits, and some defined parameters before I'd really approve something that reads 'generic super power' and feels really thrown up quickly.

Look at what others have done. Please tailor something really to suit your PC and not something that's just almost a troupe. It takes thought but its by and far worth it.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Yes! I Do Want To RP Playing With Superpowers!q

Postby Saga on December 19th, 2015, 12:08 am

Ok hope this is better, I request the ability of Psychokinesis or Telekinesis. This ability Saga can influence/manipulate/move objects/matter with his mind. There are many ways the Akontak will have to figure out what he can do with the given superpower.

Applications at the basic level:

Binding: To keep object/being from moving.
Levitation: To lift an object, e.g. raising a pitcher several inches into the air.
Telekinetic Projection: To project telekinetic energy or objects as arrows or rocks.
Telekinetic Maneuver: To alter an object[/img]'s directional course, e.g. changing what number a dice lands on or deflect an opponent attack.
Telekinetic Grip: To grasp an object firmly in place, e.g. keeping the tides from washing a friend away.
Telekinetic Pull/Push: To pull objects towards the user or to push objects away from the user, e.g. yanking a book off a shelf or sliding a cup across a table.

Limitations: There are many limits however to this power. Saga can only be capable of moving objects he could physically move. He will not be able to manipulate magic-based matters/energies. Psychic strength may be proportional to user's capacity, meaning an opponent with physical strength stronger than the user's mental strength may break free, or even be immune to the ability altogether. Also he can only be able to move the objects that he can see. May be unable to move certain objects, or move only certain objects (Cannot move things such as whole trees that are firmly rooted to the ground, but maybe broken tree branches.)
In our minds

~Saga the Sage~----~Vurik the Force~
Saga
Lost Souls

Words: 52229
Joined roleplay: January 27th, 2014, 7:54 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Natalia on December 20th, 2015, 7:03 pm

The Affinity of Babies

This ability would allow Natalia to understand a fetus in the womb, babies as a newborn/infant, and as a toddler. It works on all species of babies since she communicates through flashes of images and sounds. No language is involved or necessary. It also allows advantages for the babies that are raised in her care, or who she works on a good amount of time throughout their childhood.

Different stages for the child and communication:
Before Natalia can make a connection with the child, she must first either come in contact with the pregnant mother or the baby with physical contact. She will then be able to sense the baby, and likewise, the baby can sense her as well.

A fetus in the womb would communicate by flashing images and sounds inside Natalia's head. They're usually not very strong, but if the fetus is particularly happy or unhappy, the images will flash definite. Natalia can also take a full view inside the womb through the baby's eyes to see if it's a boy or girl, and if there are any abnormalities within the sac. She can see more imminent dangers such as if the baby is breach or has a cord around its neck. When the babies are in life threatening situations, their images will flash much more clearly and strong to indicate what is wrong. This allows Natalia to take safety measures far before anyone would know something was wrong with the baby.

Once born, babies are able to fully communicate by transferring precise images to Natalia such as a bottle or mother's nipple when they're hungry, or a diaper once they need to be changed. They can even flash pictures of people's faces such as their mother or father. As they reach the six-month-old mark they can start to broadcast moving images to form a small memory.

As soon as children start uttering their first words, Natalia's affinity for them seems to grow weaker, but is not gone entirely. She can still understand their babble talk - what they are not able to communicate for themselves, Natalia can interpret. Additionally, another ability of Natalia’s begins to manifest as the child starts to dream. If the toddler suffers from night terrors, with practice, she can help soothe them through their dreams. In time she realizes she is also able to project images to the child/baby.

There are certain differences between children that have been taken care of by Natalia since they’ve been in the womb, and children she has taken on after their birth. The connection is not as strong as it usually would be if she had not “met” the baby in the womb (made a connection). There are certain favors a child can gain if they has been with Natalia their entire life.

Advantages to the child:
If a connection is made while in the womb, Natalia is able to recognize and track the child for their entire life. There are no limitations on distance, but if the child is far away, it takes much more concentration on Natalia’s part. She acts sort of like a human compass, so she couldn’t necessarily be able to pinpoint where the child is. She has to physically find them for herself. This ability is especially helpful if the child was to ever get lost or hurt. If the child is in danger and emotions are high enough, Natalia could sense the feeling of terror. She would have a compulsion to locate the child and tend to their needs. This can be a blessing and a curse.

In general, for all babies she works with, they tend to develop at a much faster rate than normal. Kids will gain all motor skills rapidly such as grasping, crawling, and walking. They will talk sooner and be able to learn things at an accelerated level. Kids will even learn the concept of potty training ahead of time. This, in turn, will allow the kids to grow into much smarter and stronger adults. They will be ahead in development for their entire lifespan.
Natalia
Far away from home.

Words: 37669
Joined roleplay: November 9th, 2011, 12:07 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Adyel on December 21st, 2015, 3:31 am

I would like to request the ability to walk through walls/barriers.

How it works well, it's simple. Adyel can bff able to simply walk though any wall or barrier by stepping through it. The only downside to it would be, is that it would take up energy. And or if Adyel has a low amount of energy or something, and he walls through a metal fence or something he could possibly could die. With the poles sticking through his body.
There are a few steps though.

Step one(to become the wall) So I'm this stage all Adyel would have to do is ficus himself as becoming the wall. It is a tricky pieces, but once he manages to comprehend that. He can travel through anything.

Step Two:(Keep Calm and travel through)All Adyel has to do here is keep himself at a state of confidence and stay calm. When he is there he equity used be able to travel through the wall/barrier.

Disadvantages: If Adyel messes up, he can severely injure himself or kik himself.
Traveling through walls would take a but of energy from him.

Advantages: Can be used for escape artist in case Adyel runs into trouble. He can be able to enter and exit buildings/fences or barriers. With ease. Can use it multiple times.
Np cooldown(unless you count the energy decreaser).

Let me know if there are any problems. Thanks.
Adyel.
Adyel
Player

Words: 96562
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2015, 2:55 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Gossamer on December 21st, 2015, 4:27 am

Saga - AFter giving this a lot of thought and reading your proposal and then rereading it... I just find its basically one of Mizahar's already standard magic - projection - reworded. If you take projection out of the picture, its as generic as heck and has very little to do with your PC or his personality. I'm simply not going to approve it. I hate to give you such a hard time with this, but it seems to me that you aren't tailoring an ability specifically to your character. So, that being said, this is a huge no. If you want to try again, craft something specific for your character that makes sense to your character and isn't a generic super power and isn't mimicking a perfectly good magic you could learn on your own.

Natalia - This is beautifully written, very custom, and lovely for your PC. I think its going to be a tremendous asset to Riverfall while you are here, especially to those human mothers birthing very dangerous and oversized Akalak babies because she could potentially talk them into putting in appearances prematurely where its actually safe for them to be born, and far safer for their mothers rather than them coming to full term and killing them.

Adyel - You are definitely on the right track. I like this gift for your kelvic lion and I think its a good fit for your PC. But since there's no way to quantify 'energy' in a person the writeup as is needs some work. You need to clearly define when he can walk through walls and how many times a day etc... not just vaguely based on 'energy' that isn't a statistic we can read off your CS sheet. You could say something like 'when hes fully rested and not wounded' and then add limitations based on how tired he is or wounded and how many times hes walked through a wall that day. I think there should be some walls he can't penetrate, meaning those protected with Sheilding against biologicals/animals that kind of thing. I think a small rewrite is in order to clarify, but otherwise I'm all for this one.

Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Adyel on December 21st, 2015, 3:23 pm

Subject: Yes! I Do Want To RP Playing With Superpowers!

Adyel wrote:
I would like to again request the ability to walk through walls/barriers. Please. (I've added in the "Limitations."

How it works well, it's simple. Adyel can bff able to simply walk though any wall or barrier by stepping through it. The only downside to it would be, is that it would take up energy. And or if Adyel has a low amount of energy or something, and he walls through a metal fence or something he could possibly could die. With the poles sticking through his body.
There are a few steps though.

Step one(to become the wall) So I'm this stage all Adyel would have to do is ficus himself as becoming the wall. It is a tricky pieces, but once he manages to comprehend that. He can travel through anything.

Step Two:(Keep Calm and travel through)All Adyel has to do here is keep himself at a state of confidence and stay calm. When he is there he equity used be able to travel through the wall/barrier.

Disadvantages: If Adyel messes up, he can severely injure himself or possibly kill himself.
Traveling through walls would take a but of energy from him.

Advantages: Can be used for escape artist in case Adyel runs into trouble. He can be able to enter and exit buildings/fences or barriers. With ease. Can use it multiple times.
Np cooldown(unless you count the energy decreaser).

Limitations:The only limitation that can prevent Adyel from using this ability is the amount of energy that it takes away from Adyel.

I.e:walking through a wooden wall once can take away a little of his energy. If he is near exhaustion he would possibly need to rest otherwise overusing this ability could harm him and he could get stuck in the wall.

Adyel will surely need to rest once he uses a lot of his energy.

With every structure that Adyel walks through, a certain amount of energy is deducted. If he walks through a metal barrier, it would take at least a part of his energy.

Let me know if there are any problems. Thanks.
Adyel.
Adyel
Player

Words: 96562
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2015, 2:55 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Eosi on December 24th, 2015, 8:38 pm

e
I would like to apply for an inverted empathy field for Eosi.

Rather than feeling the emotions of others, her very presence seems to stir powerful emotions in those around her. The closer their physical proximity, the more powerful the feelings. In particular, repressed feelings tend to prioritize themselves. The more one has rejected a particular feeling, the more likely it is to manifest in Eosi's presence and doubly so if they're standing right next to her. Otherwise, the feelings tend to surface in the order of which are most pertinent to the individual at that given time.

Weaknesses: As this is a passive ability, Eosi has no control over it. She can neither focus the power nor shut it off. It affects anyone within a certain radius no matter the circumstances. By extension, there is no discriminating which emotions come into play, so any negative emotion toward Eosi herself such as envy or contempt will be amplified like any of the others. Again, doubly so if these feelings are deeply repressed and the individual happens to be within close range. Further, it is constantly active even in the most mundane circumstances. This can lead to awkward situations on a routine basis.

Strengths: This ability naturally leads to others finding the strength needed to come to terms with and work through their deepest hurts. Repressed or invalidated emotions surface readily with Eosi. Individuals who express these feelings in her presence experience a deep sense of peace and catharsis later on, though this side-effect may take place hours or even weeks after the fact, depending on how long the pain in question has gone ignored. Another strength lies entirely with her circumstances. Eosi may blind her opponents by amplifying their rage, which can be crippling to an enemy's focus. Likewise, she may amplify positive feelings if for example, she happens to be in attendance at a Wedding or a party.

Limitations: Her area-of-effect is limited to three yards (9ft) away in any direction at maximum. At the edge of her circle, people feel her effect peripherally and may even be able to resist being taken in by some of these unbidden emotions. Within two yards (6ft) however, it becomes far more difficult to resist her. At this point, people start to feel inexplicably misty-eyed or deliriously joyful but may struggle to divine the reason. Within a yard or less, the effect is at its strongest. People this close to Eosi not only begin to express their most powerful feelings but they know exactly what it is that caused them to feel this way, even if years previous they struggled to understand why.

e
Eosi
Act first. Teach them to fear you.

Words: 244471
Joined roleplay: November 20th, 2012, 7:42 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Gossamer on December 24th, 2015, 11:59 pm

Adyel - Approved.

Eosi - Approved.
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Mo'esha on December 29th, 2015, 8:28 pm

Ok – This is a first draft, and kind of a rough one at that, so please bear with me.

I would like to see Mo develop an olfactory synesthesia, wherein she experiences other being’s emotions as scents. For example joy may smell like the sea to a Sevrfra, or old parchment to a scholar. Comfort may smell like leather and suede to a horse enthusiast, sweetgrass to the horse, or fresh snow and pine to a Vantha. Etc. etc.

Weaknesses: Sensory overload and fatigue due to consistent exposure and over stimulation. Additionally, the scents would be dictated by Mo’s perception of the individual experiencing the emotion(s). Therefore, the scent she senses may not necessarily be something the target would associate with their emotion, and may be colored by racial stereotypes, etc. The ability is entirely passive, and Mo has no control over it. Scents will likely be unpleasant at times, and may be downright ov erwhelming depending upon the intensity of the emotion(s) and/or the number of people sharing the emotion. As the scents are a preternatural occurrence and not naturally occurring, they do not behave as normal smells might. And thus are not easily dispersed by wind, etc. and may only be escaped by leaving the source’s vicinity. Within even a small crowd the deluge of sensory stimulation would make it nearly impossible for Mo to focus on any single person / scent for more than a few moments, and may affect her overall concentration after prolonged exposure.

Strengths: Would allow Mo to ‘read’ people’s moods / emotions. May possibly allow her to detect things that the source might rather keep hidden. Mo may be able to combine her power’s with her perfumery skills to create oils, etc. that would evoke the associated emotions for use in massage, and mental healthcare. However, the ability to create these related oils will only last as long as her powers manifest.

Limitations: Subtle emotions will not necessarily register. Complicated emotions will likely be muddied, unpleasant, and indiscernible. Sensory perception is limited by proximity, and will fade if Mo’esha is more than a few feet away from the target. The scent is extremely transient and fades within a few seconds once the effective range is breached. Identifying both the scent and the emotion takes conscious concentration on Mo’s part. Otherwise the scent is simply ambient and mostly meaningless. Identifying the source / target takes increased concentration, and is eased by closer proximity.
Mo'esha
Player

Words: 26964
Joined roleplay: December 21st, 2015, 12:56 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

PreviousNext