The plot thickens [Brandon's Plotnotes]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This forum is an OOC forum for PCS and Organizations to work out plans in hardcopy. Each PC or Organization gets a single thread where their players can help work out plans for their PC. Quests, mini-sagas, and Trips can all be organized here as well working out timelines and points of travel and things PCs need to do along the way. Each PC however gets only one Plotnote for their individual PC. Groups get one as well. There is no limit on individuals posting saga or trip plotnote threads. Please denote [PC Plotnotes] or [Group Plotnotes] or [Quest/Trip/Saga Plotnotes] when titling your threads.

Postby Brandon Blackwing on February 8th, 2014, 4:05 pm

Skills
Short term (Main skills --will be updated every so often)
-Get to 100 in unarmed (84/100)
-get to 76 in acrobatics (66/76)
-get to 100 in larceny (76/100) [during job threads mostly]
-get to 50 in Climbing (27/50)
-get to 61 in stealth (56/61) [during job threads mostly]
-get to 50 in dagger (29/50)
-get to 65 in planning (52/65)
-get to 26 in escape artist (9/26)

relatively short term
-competent acrobatics
-competent observation
-competent stealth

-competent escape artist
-competent larceny
-competent climbing

-competent planning
-competent dagger

relatively middle-long term
-expert acrobatics
-expert observation
-expert stealth

-expert escape artist?
-expert larceny
-expert planning

-expert climbing?
-expert dagger
-expert Unarmed combat (from this point on start fleshing out Bran's fighting style)

Long term
-master Observation (for gauging someone's thoughts/emotions when looking them in the eye, see muscle movement to aid in unarmed combat, etc)
-master Larceny
-master Unarmed combat

-master Stealth
-master Acrobatics
-master dagger
-competent Flux (maybe)

Goals
permanent
-Do at least one job thread a season
-Train in acrobatics and unarmed/weapon at least once a season (not via boring training threads)
-Do a lot of awesome story-building solo's each season
-grade some threads
-create order out of the chaos of my cs (30% completed, more or less)
-ask someone for cs templates
-PROOFREAD YOUR POSTS, YOU MORON!!!

Middle-long term
-return to Kalinor
-meet a Zith PC
-don't get killed or enslaved by that Zith
-get on friendly terms with that Zith
-bond with someone
-get arrested
-break out of prison
-become someone's best friend
-get gnosis mark from Yshul
or
-get gnosis mark from Ovek
or
-get gnosis mark from Dira
or
-all of the above?
-get a weapon
-get initiated into flux
-use this in a thread
In chat, Aventist wrote:"I was told you could steal anything."
"I can. Coins. Objects. Keys. People. Objects. Your lady."

Long term (misc)
-continue Brandon's journey. Travel to another region
-continue Brandon's journey. Travel to another city (Kalinor excluded)
-join an organisation of PCs. Thieves, mercs ...
-become immortal!

Suicide goals
-Steal Aquiras's heart back
-Meet Dira (when dead)
-Meet Lhex (when dead)
-Slay Sagallius (If possible)
Last edited by Brandon Blackwing on January 11th, 2016, 8:03 pm, edited 25 times in total.
Fighting Style and Techniques

Credit for this awesome sig goes to Estrellir Konrath
Brandon Blackwing
The master thief Incognito

Words: 1496963
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2013, 3:24 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Brandon Blackwing on November 30th, 2014, 6:02 pm

The Blackwing 'Anything Goes' School of Martial Arts

Secret :
So this is where I'll start fleshing out Bran's combat style and fighting abilities, as well as listing his techniques and such.

Fighting style

Info
Hit and Run style

Brandon makes use of the Hit and Run style, which very much defines his approach when it comes to one on one or even two or three on one battles. This particular style focusses more on avoiding being hit than actually dealing as much damage to your opponent in as little time as possible. In fact, due to the very nature of this style, battles tend to be long and as such one needs a lot of stamina to keep this up. However, due to Brandon’s built it is not possible for him not to use this style, since it suits him best. By utilizing his light frame and slender body the way it was meant to, he can easily outspeed his enemies, dancing around them with acrobatic maneuvers and attacking swift and briefly. While one attack might not be that much more than a minor sting, the build-up over time is more than enough to render enemies unable to fight, while he usually avoids the most of his opponents’ blows. Not to mention that Brandon targets weak spots to incapacitate and weaken his foes, slowly disabling their bodies and eventually winning the battle.

When facing armed foes, Brandon usually arms himself with one of his daggers to block the blows and counters with his free hand and legs, usually aiming to unarm the opponent and fight unarmed. However, should the enemy be wearing armor of some kind, Brandon will choose to fight with his blades, since Unarmed Combat isn’t very effective on armor. In order to defeat armored foes, Brandon will try to slip his blades through the gaps in the armor and take out his foes that way. Of course, he sticks to his Hit and Run style.

Basic Techniques
NameInfo
Spit As Brandon has no qualms about using dirty or below the belt tactics, he has no problems with spitting in his opponent’s face. He finds it to be a great way to make his foe flinch or make them let go of him.
KneeHitting the opponent using the knee. Usually aimed for the abdomen or the thigh, but sometimes the groin too.
HeadbuttSlamming one’s head into that of the opponent, usually to make the target flinch or surprise them, and as such gaining the advantage in a fight.
Low spinning Sweep KickBrandon spins with one leg outstretched, sweeping the legs of his foe from underneath their body and toppling them
Weight Shifting Because of Brandon’s light build, he is not one of the strongest around. However, to make his punches deal some decent damage, Brandon shifts his weight with each strike, thus putting his body weight behind each strike
FeintThrowing opponents off guard and misleading them, thus creating an opening to strike
Basic Front stance One of the first stances Brandon ever learned, the one he uses when he goes on the offensive
Basic Wide stance One of the first stances Bran ever learned, the one he uses when he needs to defend while staying in place
KicksAs a martial artist, Brandon has a large repertoire of kicks to his disposal
Punches As a martial artist, Brandon has a large repertoire of punches to his disposal
Knife HandThe form of hand used to deliver chops to foes
Palm StrikeA strike with the palm of the hand. Sometimes used instead of the fist when there's a high chance the impact would break the knuckles. Or just because.
ElbowA thrusting attack with the elbow. Comes in handy when you are being held in a choke-hold from behind. One can also use it to strike the ribcage of the opponent when in combat, using the other arm to add force to the strike increases its damaging potential, making it suitable for mauling or even breaking ribs. Due to its nature however, it is not really accurate.
Bounce StepA technique that increases mobility. Brandon uses this to get in and out of the opponents reach quickly, as well as to evade incoming attacks if he is far enough away from his foe. When too close, this technique is rendered useless.
SidestepA simple method of dodging incoming opponents. If timed just right, one can make use of the tunnel vision of the foe to create the illusion of vanishing, gaining the opportunity to strike from behind.
ThrowBrandon Grabs the opponent and uses the center of gravity as well as gravity itself to smack his foe into the ground

Pinpoint Blows
To make up for his lack of strength, Brandon usually fights by targeting weak spots of the opponent's body. Blows to those specific places are called pinpoint blows. Pinpoint Blows need to strike exactly where intended to have the desired effect, otherwise it is very much possible nothing will happen.

Master Techniques
Since reaching master level in Unarmed Combat, Brandon has learned several techniques that are can be thought of as high level and difficult to master. This is a list of those he has acquired.
AbilityDescriptionlore
HeartbreakerWhile at first glance the Heartbreaker is just a palm strike aimed at the left side of the target's chest, it is in fact extremely lethal if performed correctly. If Brandon manages to connect this attack with all his strength and generated rotational force behind it, it disrupts the contraction of the heart, even going as far as inducing a heart attack, thus stopping it.Ways to stop a heart
Pressure Point manipulationHaving knowledge of the locations of the djed-nerves in the arm's joints, as well as those in the knee, Brandon uses this technique to numb the targeted area's to the point of them being limp and immobilized. There are several levels though, as almost all pressure points in a specific area need to be manipulated to have the complete effect. For example; the first few manipulations will hurt momentarily, but no actual damage is done. The more points are manipulated though, the less it will hurt, and the more the target area will begin to feel numb. The number the affected area becomes, the harder it becomes for the victim to control said area. The effects of this technique wear off after a relative long while, duration depending on the victim.The basics of pressure points; The locations of the arm's pressure points; The location of the knee's pressure points; Pressure point numbness wears off

Relevant Skills
Name SkillxpRank
Unarmed combat84Master
Observation100Master
Acrobatics66Expert
Dagger29Competent
Tactics25Novice
Blind Fighting10Novice
Wrestling6novice
Brawling3novice
Last edited by Brandon Blackwing on December 6th, 2015, 5:58 pm, edited 17 times in total.

Brandon Blackwing

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Brandon Blackwing on December 17th, 2014, 7:48 pm

Winter 514AV To Do list

-Solo thread planning out job1 [DONE]
-solo thread gathering explosives [DONE]
-solo thread escape routes[DONE]
-solo thread job 1[DONE]
-Solo being tasked with job 2 [DONE]
-solo thread planning job 2[DONE]
-solo thread job 2 [DONE]
-thread with Ornea, Alses and Alde [DONE]
-Thread with Alses [in progress]
-thread with Sal [Impossible]
-Thread with Alses [Impossible]
-solo thread leaving Lhavit (optional) [Impossible]

GOALS
- 70 Larceny (70/70)
-competent planning (26/26)
-competent running (26/26)

-raise unarmed with 3exp (at least) (3/3)
-raise acro with 5exp (at least) (5/5)
-raise dagger with 4exp (at least) (4/4)
-raise stealth with 5 exp (at least) (5/5)

(I'm not that ambitious ;) )
(Note: All skill goals have been completed. Any numbers exceeding the goal have not been listed)
Last edited by Brandon Blackwing on April 14th, 2015, 6:08 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Brandon Blackwing

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Brandon Blackwing on January 24th, 2015, 2:46 pm

Spring 515 AV Goals

Thread Goals
  • Thread with the Spider
  • Thread with the timid Sparrow
  • Thread with the Nymphomaniac
  • Thread with the Tsundere
  • Thread with the Breaker of Hearts

Skill goals
  • Improve climbing
  • Improve Acrobatics
  • Improve running
  • Improve dagger
  • Improve Unarmed Combat
  • Learn archery
  • Learn hunting
  • Improve tracking
  • Improve meditation (hasn't got anything better to do in a cage)

Brandon's goals
  • A new start
  • Effectively (though maybe not so subtly) dodging questions about why he left Lhavit
  • Stop missing Lhavit
  • Get used to WR
  • Start to see WR as home
  • Get injured pretty badly
  • Bite people
  • Get in trouble
  • Be rebellious and awesome :D
  • Start working (A real job, not thievery)
  • Keep on stealing
  • Form new friendships
  • Something more? :smirk: (I doubt it)
  • Bond, maybe? (don't think so, but whatever)
Last edited by Brandon Blackwing on June 22nd, 2015, 9:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Brandon Blackwing

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Brandon Blackwing on March 9th, 2015, 6:20 pm

Huge Megalomanic Long term Goal

SO, I have had this idea for a long time now, but at one time I dismissed it as being impossible and just forgot about it for several months, until it popped back into my mind. Ever since that day I've been brooding and thinking about it, mostly in Chat, and people who were there should know what I'm going to say. I did state multiple times I should write it down somewhere, so I can see what I need to do and how to go about it. It is by no means refined as of yet, and I will add more things if I come up with them, or when people give me advice (you never know). If you were wondering; yes, I saw Goss' Vblog on plotting, and that's one of the reasons I decided to throw this idea in my plotnotes.

So yeah. My goal for Brandon is simple and straightforward, but hard to achieve IC though it might not be impossible. I want Bran to become a Champion of Yshul. That's just one part of it though, there are at least two more; getting in (and out) of the Miza Mint (a successful heist!) and the Vault in Sahova.

Now, especially the latter sounds really, really tough. Can I make it? Not sure. Why do I want to try? Because it'd be awesome, and because I think both of those heists might earn Bran a mark of Yshulis, though I have no idea what Yshul is looking for in her followers she marks. At the moment there are a few major problems with this though, and this will serve as a list of sorts for me to keep track of them all.

MIZA MINT

• Get to know about its existence (Yshul maybe? Like some sort of geass? Kind of "I'll give you my mark for terrorizing Lhavit. Now go and make me proud. BTW there's a huge Miza factory in Syliras" XD )
  • Get to Syliras region
  • Need a city wide distraction to get in there --> other people needed
  • Need an escape route to take them away from the city as far as possible, as fast as possible (ship?)
  • Need a way to carry lots of Mizas without being slowed down a lot (Glyphing?)
  • Need a way to get to the escape ship or whatever safely. Hostages? The head of the knighthood?
  • Need to avoid Ball, Arch and OTK (Ball being most important; no broken ankles thank you)
  • Need to find a way into the dominion of the Mint Priest (Hypnotist? Nightstalker? Marked of Sagallius? Toture?)
  • Need the skills to get in (Master in Larceny for sure, probably planning, stealth and acro. maybe combat skills)
  • Need a group of people (Sunberth? Recruiting, convincing... Needed: Negotiation, persuasion, leadership(?))
  • Need to find out about Nightstalking, perhaps Sagallius' gnosis as well, and find people with enough marks to be of use
  • Need perhaps a Yshul mark to 'persuade' the Xyna priest. Blackmail of some sort (idea based on the short description of the gnosis) might not work.
  • Need lots of money to finance this bullshyke

SAHOVAN VAULT

• Need lots of money to finance this ridiculous plan (the Mint!)
  • Forthcoming.

Brandon Blackwing

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Brandon Blackwing on June 15th, 2015, 8:25 pm

TO DO Summer 515AV

(This is a list for myself actually, since I think it might be wise to keep track of my seasonal goals/ threads.)

-Improve Bodybuilding (currently at 7) want to get it to 12 - 15 (Ultimately desired level: Competent) [11/15]
-Improve Unarmed (currently at 74) want to get it to 80 [75/80]
-Improve dagger (currently at 21) want to get it to 26
-Improve Tactics (currently at 15) want to get it to 20 [19/20]
-Learn massage (currently at 0) want to get it to 5 [4/5]

-Learn more about personal magic (lores)
-what kinds (knows about: Auristics, Hypnotism, Reimancy, Projection)
-how they work (knows about: projection
-djed

-learn some anatomy (lores)
-human
-Zith?
-Symenestra (no not that kind of "studying Symenestra anatomy" ;) )
-Pressure points!
-Myrian, maybe?

-Learn about lobotomy (lore)
(pressure point on forehead?)

-Learn about different regions (lore)

Threads
-Massage thread (job thread) (before the 12th) [DONE]
-Study thread (anatomy/lobotomy/diff. regions in enclave?) [DONE]
-Combat thread with Zhol (job thread)[NOPE]
-Being stuck with a bunch of annoying endal in a hellhole (and NPCs too)(IP)
-Bone dagger thread(IP)
-Fighting Zith with Turrin, Phlox, Khara and Zhol (IP)
-Maybe going to the doctor (vet) if he's going to be active[NOPE]
-Maybe pester Az if she's going to be active enough (not owning 22 replies, so I guess that's a no)[NOPE]
-Do some camping in the Unforgiving with Turrin? (Unless that became the hellhole thread... it basically is the same thing, he's stuck with the idiot all the same ;) ) [NOPE]

==>9 threads. Is doable. Still have threads from prev. seasons running anyway.
Last edited by Brandon Blackwing on January 11th, 2016, 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brandon Blackwing

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Brandon Blackwing on December 22nd, 2015, 5:18 pm

To do Winter 515AV

-Arrival thread [IP]
-Introduction to Spiritism [Done]
-Training thread (Meditation, Body building, running, unarmed, acro -PM to join)[IP]
-Job thread (Modded? Elysium Hall or Dawn tower?)
-Job thread (steal stuff)
-Planning thread (solo)
-Surveillance thread (PM to join?)
-Intelligence thread (Beat up Elea + get information out of him, as well as training running, acro and climbing?)
-Ghost in the library thread
-Bat caves thread?
-Festival with Dru?
-Deal with Alses?

Seasonal XP
-Surveillance thread (Follow someone and take notes of their behavioral patterns, and/or observe a residence)
-Intelligence thread
-Plan a heist
-Check thieving equipment

Brandon Blackwing

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes