PM to join [Zhongjie Warren] Gathering Art Supplies (Adyel)

Kavala takes the brood to town for art supplies for The Festival of Hope and gains an extra one.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

[Zhongjie Warren] Gathering Art Supplies (Adyel)

Postby Kavala on December 27th, 2015, 10:58 pm

Adyel. She had his name. Kavala smiled thinking that progress. He also seemed accepting of the fact that she was buying him some things and making sure he had what he needed when she did take him home. Kelvics were strange creatures. They needed territories, home bases, and depending on the type some of them needed a den to feel secure. Kavala didn’t think Adyel would need that much. In fact, she was planning on keeping him with her and the children for a few days before offering him his own space. The three children had their own space, but most of them slept with the Konti in her big Dyrkas style bed on a fairly regular basis. Larik and Cadra, her Kelvic niece and nephew also tended to sleep together with them. Adyel might feel right at home in the Dyrkas style living arrangements. It helped them all bond, form a community, and see to each other’s needs. And with so many living things around, Kavala felt less alone. Her life was never dull and there was never a lack of someone that needed mothering.

That suited her just fine.

When Adyel told Namorin that they were just leaving, Kavala didn’t want any hard feelings or aggression. Akalaks could be easily offended depending on which personality you were talking to and how their day had gone. This was doubly true if a young kelvic was sounding somewhat dismissive even though Kavala knew he didn’t mean it that way. She took a moment to smile, meet Namorin’s gaze, and study him a little. He did seem young, but fully an adult for all of that. He was definitely an expressive person that showed emotions easily. She saw a slight tint to his features and something that looked a little award being on a noble face. Shame? No… not truly. Kavala suspected he was just not the type that was good dealing with social situations.

Kavala’s estimation of Namorin rose as he politely introduced himself to the young kelvic. She responded in kind as well. “I’m Kavala Denusk.” She added, putting them all on equal and proper footing with having everyone’s names exchanged. The Akalak further ingratiated himself to Kavala when he complimented his facility and mentioned having a mother. That was another plus in her book. Akalaks tended to take the children away from Nakivaks, not letting the women who birthed them raise them. And sometimes too the mothers died, usually in childbirth, and always quite tragically. It was no wonder most Akalak distanced themselves from women except for pleasure and reproduction. But if Namorin and his brother Charlain had a mother at home, then perhaps they were something different.

“You’re welcome to come with us. I’m just going to take them home after picking up a few more items here and feed them. There’s going to be plenty for an extra mouth or two. Then I could show you around once the children settle in for a nap. I suspect all of them are in need of one.” Even as she said so, Kavala noted her daughter’s droopy expression. She picked the frail young girl up and balanced her on her hip again.

“I have a pony cart at the stables. And all the purchases are going to be delivered there. It’s a three seater but I was just going to load the kids and packages on and walk back alongside the pony. It’s a couple of miles outside of town. Would you mind the walk?” She asked carefully. If the Akalak didn’t mind, she certainly didn’t mind him joining them for lunch.

She took a moment to stroke her daughter’s hair. Even as she spoke Ia’del fell asleep. Kavala sighed and met the Akalak’s eyes, carefully avoiding Ralac’s gaze. Ralac and Tasi knew the story, Ralac playing a key role in it. “Ia’del was born seriously premature. I thought Ralac and her were twins but I was wrong. Sometimes Healers are terrible at diagnosing their own health. My body screwed up and I shed two eggs almost three weeks apart. They were both fertilized by my Talvis.” The last bit revealed she was indeed a Nakivak at one time. "So they developed together. Ralac was born first, and seriously late. I swore he waited in the womb as long as he could so Ia could finish her development. Ia wouldn’t have survived except my best friend Caelum is an Eth. They can age things they touch. He held Ia every day after she was born and aged her one day. Double timing her aging increased her development and saved her life. But she’s still so frail. She doesn’t stop breathing anymore like she used too as a baby. But we still worry.” Kavala said, having told a great many people about the story and about why her two youngest weren’t twins even though they were born chimes apart.

She said this for Adyel’s benefit too, so he would realize the little girl was special, fragile, and not of the best health. If he stayed with Kavala and her little family, she’d expect him to be a sort of protector to the little children, any of them, not just Ia’del. They needed it more than most. Tasival, her oldest son, and Ralac, Ia’del’s womb mate were stronger and growing stronger each day. Both would be warriors. Both were Akontak. But Ia’del was only a Konti and a tiny one at that. She oozed frailty like some flowers did.

It in many ways broke Kavala’s heart.

“Well… lets head out of here and to the stables… get the pony cart, and then head back to The Sanctuary. Namorin, you coming?” She asked, a smile on her face as if she didn’t just tell them she was worried about her youngest daughter even making it to a decent age. Kavala would fight too see them all happy and healthy. She’d done it before and she’d definitely do it again. They deserved that much at least.

1004/14175

Last edited by Kavala on December 28th, 2015, 5:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Adyel on December 28th, 2015, 4:53 am

"I'm sorry. Mr.Namorin. I was just a little afraid... "Adyels words trailed off as he yawned. A nap seems really nice right about now. Adyel was exhausted, cold, and even more so a little hungry. He didn't want to hurt Me.Namorins' feelings. He was just scared of Akalaks, scared of knowing what they can usually do to kelvics. He didn't want Namorin take him and have him and the other Akalaks breed his offspring. Or treat him like some kind of pet with no social interaction.

Adyel was young, but not young enough to not know what he's doing. You can say that he has a maturity of an older child. But in reality Adyel is a young and innocent being. One, with a social life. He had hobbies. Hobbies that he is interested in. He really didn't want to offend the Akalak, and then have the Akalak take him away for his false accusations. It was a fear that Adyel had, being taken away from the people who take care of him. He didn't want that to happen.

The point is, he's staying with Kavala and the children. The children need a protector, and that protector would be, Adyel. As Kavala had had just explained. The children need some that can help protecting them when she wasn't around. Adyel understood what she was trying to say. He hoped that Namorin would understand that Adyel didn't mean any harm to him. He doesn't know the personality of Namorin. He hoped that Namorin wasn't playing some kind of inside joke, either to the Kids or Kavala. Or even both of them. The point is, he hoped this isn't some kind of tricky to fool the group. Adyel didn't want that to happen. So just to keep his curiousness on key, he kept a keen eye on Namorin. Just to make sure he wasn't some antagonist in this scene. Adyel had to make sure that he could trust Namrorin, since Namroin, is an Akalak and all.

The young Kelvic was anything, but strong. He wanted to be strong, though, and have the courage that others might have in certain situations. If he had to, Adyel would defend Kavala and the children. If he needed to, but he will be there for them. And he didn't want to see these young kids getting hurt. Especially if it was under his watch, otherwise Adyel would feel quite guilty. If one or all of the kids had gotten hurt under his watch. Adyel didn't like guessing his future, but it was something that he could do to pass the time.

Adyel yawned once again, only this time though he had had rubbed his eyes expressing his exhaustion and near fatigue. He was tired all right, all he had been doing for the past couple of days was eat his rations, and tried to fiind the warren. Well, it was one of the few places he knew. One was his home, and the other was the Warren. Also he knew a bit of the fields outside of Riverfall. But he would have been to exposed to the more territorial creatures. And have either be mistaken as a prey, or end up being captured by a Zith or something. The wildlands are no place to be alone. Especially for someone as young as Adyel.

He remembered how his mom used to embrace him with big bear-like hugs. And they would hug for a few chimes after she had gotten home from work. Adyel couldn't remember what she had done as an occupation, but he tried to keep all of the good memories within his cranium. It seemed to have had worked, for now, anyhow. He wished he knew his father, but at the same time though, he was glad that he didn't. He didn't want to end up like him, traveling around Mizahar and creating families that he wouldn't take part in. It just didn't seem right to Adyel, that people like him can do such things and, what Adyel assumes, not care about the rest of the family.

Did his father ever wanted a child to take care of? How many children does the man have, or want? Is a couple not good enough for him? Adyel was so confused on how relationships could work. It was a hard subject to comprehend. And of course, Adyel isn't old enough to understand everything, well everything on how this world works. Money system, family, the life cycle. All of it is confusing to him. Now he wished that all of these thoughts could stop rushing around through his mind. It would maybe give him an actual headache this time.

Adyel decided to push thetgoughts away once more. And decided to focus on what was going on currently. Adyel kept quiet as Kavala explained some of her stories. Or what seemed like a story to Adyel. He understood what she had said for the most part. He hoped Namorin would have had understand as well as he. Kavala seemed to not have wanted things to go on the wrong foot either. She reintroduced herself, thus time in a more polite, kind manner. Adyel wanted to do the same. So he tried to meet Namorins' gaze, well he was quite a bit to tall for the young Adyel. Even though Adyel is roughly 4'4 quite tall for his age. The Kelvic took a deep breath.

And exhaled, "My names Adyel. Adyel Gaelson."The Kelvic said calmly, now realizing that the Akalak might be more of a kind Akalak being then most. Namorin seemed to have had wanted to help Kavala and the kids out. But Adyel wasn't too sure what he can possibly do to help. Kavala had suggested that he walk with them and as she spoke, Adyel nodded cheerfully, but kept a keen eye on him. Just like a cat stalking prey.

He started walking aside of Kavala as they began strolling through the Warren. Kavala called out to Namorin."Would he want to walk with us still?" Adyel thought. He hoped that he hadn't messed things up for Kavala. Or for Namorin. In fact for everyone here. Or it might turn out bad, Adyel hoped that it wouldn't end bad at all and Namorin can forgive Adyel. Adyel was just being careful, well actually he was afraid of the Akalak to begin with. He didn't know that they could be as friendly as a harmless ladybug.

He only walked beside Kavala just to keep a small distance from Namorin, only to make sure that Namorin wouldn't snatch him up or anything.
1133/3514
Adyel
Player

Words: 96562
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2015, 2:55 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Namorin Xalvratos on December 28th, 2015, 11:46 pm

Namorin smiled reassuringly at the young Kelvic. Being afraid wasn’t at all that unusual, and Namorin was a large man. Not really having been around Kelvic or dealt with the Kelvic community he wasn’t aware of the way they were treated at large. His father had traveled when he was younger and had grown learned much about other races in that time, it was in Mura were he had really had his eyes opened. So it was that with his Konti wife the two had returned to Riverfall with their infant son and raised their family teaching them much of what they had learned in the outside world.

Smiling at the young boy Namorin acted like nothing had happened. While it had been rude, it was the rudeness of a child. It was no different than the way first his younger sister and then his younger brother had behaved. He turned to Kavala as she invited him to join them for lunch at the Sanctuary and to see the place.

“I thank you for the offer and would be glad to accept.” the young Akalak supplied. He could feel Charlain resignation to their destination. ’At least its not more jewelry.’ he said apparently looking for a silver lining. Namorin accept his victory but didn’t rub it in as he smiled at Kavala. “I have no problem walking.” He didn’t mention that in all honesty he hadn’t ever been in a wagon or on a horse. He had been on a ship a few times, but if he had to move around on land he moved around using his own two feet.

Namorin listened as Kavala told about her daughter. His expressions changed as he listened to her story. His expression started with interest and grew concerned as she continued her story. His look turned incredulous as she explained about her friend’s ability to age things by a day. The young Akalak hadn’t ever heard of something like that. He didn’t have any clue what an Eth was in all honesty. He wondered if maybe it was like the fact he was known as a Stormwarden because he worshiped Lord Zulrav. Maybe Eth were a religious group who receive an aging Gnosis.

As she finished her story Namorin nodded his head in understanding. It was a personal story. A Very personal story. There were many layers to the story. Namorin felt that it was a warning to him. She had been a Nakivak, but she had her children still. In a way she had fought against Dira herself and would continue to do so. Namorin nodded his head in understanding his expression slightly awed. “One moment I did actually need to make a purchase.” He said with a self mocking smile. He purchased the slippers he had original been thinking about. Unlike Kavala he took his purchase once it was done.

The slippers were clearly much smaller than his feet would require. They were nice and sturdy, with fur lining. He joined them and said. “I am ready now.” He said as he joined them. He was quiet for a moment as they walked and then he spoke. “I remember when I was about ten. My parents were expecting another child. I personally wasn’t happy about it, but there wasn’t anything I really could do to change that fact. I do remember the day that the baby was born. The doctor showed up with big plans. They angered my father, and mother. I remember hr wanted to take the baby away because he believed my mother couldn’t handle it. The baby hadn’t been born and yet they already were calling her a bad mother.” Namorin’s eyes narrowed and he could feel even Charlain’s hackles rising at the memory. “I had been born in Mura, delivered by my Grandmother, so my parents hadn’t experienced Akalak midhusbandry before. Anyway the doctor was excused and my parents together delivered my sister. The moment I saw her any resentment I had left. She was my little sister, no one else I knew had a little sister, and she was so small and fragile, but the first time I held her and looked into her eyes I knew that she was special. No one was going to take her away.” He held up the slippers. ”A gift for her birthday.” He said. He told Kavala the story to show that he understood her passion to protect her children. It was a very personal story, not one he normally shared. Most of his friends just didn’t understand. None had been raised by anyone but their father. Few even had siblings. Namorin wanted them to know he had been raised by a mother who had faced ever challenge and overcome it. He looked at the two boys, and smiled knowingly. “From one big brother to another. There is nothing better than a little sister.” He smiled also at Adyel. “Never leave them. They will make your life richer.”

OOC=-1 sm for slippers
Namorin Xalvratos
Whisper on the Wind

Words: 37562
Joined roleplay: January 3rd, 2013, 3:29 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Previous