Closed Sitting this one out (Firenze)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Sitting this one out (Firenze)

Postby Leeta Snow on October 5th, 2015, 6:35 pm

With a little nod of excitement, Leeta of course was going to agree with Firenze on the odors coming from the fish stall. Anything street vendors sold in the realm of food was tasty, except for the bugs, she hated the bug stalls. Pleased with her efforts with the cat, she moved back to FIrenze and took a small nibble on her fish. The words of Firenze rang out with a soft laugh and made Leeta feel good about her choice.

Pocketing the small amount of fish in her cheek, she said, “Now don’t get me wrong, I love getting a little wet on the booze, I mean- who doesn't? But yeah- I like food more.”

That concept in Zeltiva was probably shared by a lot of people due to the great amount of starvation that occurred in the place. It cost her a few pretty mizas, but really, for a friend it was worth it, even if it was likely all a dream. Firenze’s question about the cat made her think for a moment and then Leeta shook her head.

“I doubt it. Sometimes if you sit on the side of the road long enough you’ll see them- Alley cats. I’ve even seen them run in little prides of cats, all chasing after one rat. Then when they finally catch it, it’s a full out war among them. I’m sure this one had made it a habit of begging for food from people of this stall, but who really knows. I’m sure at the end of the day, the rats will come by and eat anything that was dropped, and that means the cats will hang around as well. But I just figured, if I'm hungry, maybe it is too. You'd be surprised at how much we humans are connected to nature- and just by showing a little care, we can really help ourselves out.”

Leeta had a small wealth of knowledge on rodents, which in a way led her to have a small understanding of cats as well, and while not great, she could kind of connect the dots. The large bites of Firenze in her fish made Leeta feel she was going to fall behind, and so she took a larger bite as they headed toward the beach together.

As the stone turned to sand, she watched as Firenze stopped to take off her high heels. Leeta was fascinated by how pretty they were and hid her envy from behind her fish on a stick. Then she realized she should probably be taking off her boots as well. There was no sense in taking a walk on the beach and not enjoying the sand. As she did so, Firenze asked her about how she grew up.

“Mmnn well...yeah, kind of.” She said hesitantly, “In a cabin in the woods, and while nature probably would have carried us away and killed my family, we have protections, ancient protections. Very interesting stuff, and waaay beyond my understanding. But very rooted in ancient magics. Anywho...”

Leeta didn’t really want to reveal much more, as she didn’t want to spoil her chances at having a new friend, and so she waved dismissively at the subject and slipped off her boots. “I have lived in this region my whole life though. My family goes very far back in the history of this region. Many centuries at least. I don’t know for sure.”

She picked up her boots and stood tall, taking them and slinging them under her arm. The soft sand felt pleasurable to her bare feet and she grinned; wiggling her toes in the sand. Firenze headed toward a small amount of rocks nearby and wherever she would find to sit, Leeta would sit next to her with her feet dropping down to touch the water in the waves as they crawled up the beach toward the rocks and then back up into the air; almost as if it were a game.

"What about you? Did you grow up here?"

Other's Words -- My Words -- My Thoughts
Leeta Snow
Player

Words: 66231
Joined roleplay: July 17th, 2015, 1:16 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Firenze on November 15th, 2015, 3:38 am

When Leeta said that she doubted the cat belonged to someone, she felt for the animal. Not in a companionship sort of way, but more of being in the same boat. She wanted to be close with someone, but after what had happened in Sunberth she felt that her heart had put up barriers. She’d be nice to people because that was the kind of person that she was, but getting close with someone again? It would take awhile. Fire didn’t want to think of things like that right now though, just enjoy her time with the new woman.

She spoke of living in the woods and Fire smiled. It reminded her of her long days in the wooded area near Sunberth. It had been quite opposite, spending more time in the city, since she’d lived in Zeltiva. It gave her the yearn to enjoy fresh air and nature at it’s most basic again. She had spent some time at a cove and she made a note to visit there again.

“I’ve lived with nature too,” she caught something Leeta said toward the end... ancient magics? She’d not heard of anything like that before and was curious as to what she meant. It didn’t seem as though she might know that much but perhaps she would know more than Firenze. “So the magics protected you from being hurt? Do you know how to make a magics?”

Eyes watched as she waved in the air and dismissed what she’d been saying. Perhaps uncomfortable with the topic and Firenze took note, not wanting to upset her. Turning her gaze downward she watched little toes and feet dip into the water and back out again. They were one of the more cleaner parts of Leeta’s body.

Fire wondered for a moment as she spoke if Leeta would be up for swimming. Possibly getting the girl into the water for a wash could help her to feel better, turn bathing into something more fun.

“I haven’t lived here long. I grew up in Sunberth but I’m not sure where I was born to be honest. I was raised in an orphanage for a few years before moving out on my own. I needed a change and decided to come here. It was one of the better decisions I think that I’ve made for myself,” having followed the actions of the other woman, she too dipped her toes into the cool water.

Oranges, pinks and soft purples streaked through the sky as the sun began it’s decent. A soft breeze blew across her skin but it wasn’t chilled enough to cause gooseflesh. She pondered for a moment if Leeta would be interested in swimming. Perhaps she could bargain her with weaving her hair afterward or getting her a fresh outfit to wear. She had boughten dinner after all… and helped when she’d fallen.

“I’ll say that Zeltiva is unlike Sunberth in so many ways, it’s amazing. If I’d fallen, I don’t think I wouldn’ve had anyone help me up, they probably just try to rob me or worse,” she gave a soft chuckle. Although the threat in Zeltiva could still possibly happen, it wasn’t ever pressing and at the forefront of your mind.

Another bite from her fish, grease dripped down her chin. Rubbing off with the back of her hand she finished off the last bite and sat the stick on the rock next to her. Her fingers brushed together to get the bits of crumbs off and she licked the tips to try to rid them of the excess of oil.

There was still a mess on her hands, glancing down at her clothing there was no way that she wanted to rub them on her dress and ruin it. Leaning forward she tried to reach for the water but her arms weren’t long enough. Hopping down she crouched and swished her hands back and forth in the shallow liquid.

“The water is really nice, it’s actually not too cold. Do you like swimming?” Memories of trying to swim off the dock in cold water flashed into her mind. Along with her not so great skills at being in deep water. That didn’t stop her from loving the feel of it against her fur as she lazed a shallow area with the sun on her. “I love to be in the water, but I’m not such a great swimmer myself, I actually almost drowned once! It was a Zeltivan who has rescued me, we were in Sunberth at the time.” She chuckled to herself at the thought that even in a city such as that the people of this city still had more generosity.

“Do you want to go for a short swim? It’s going to be dark soon, so it won’t be long. I’ll probably stay in the shallow end, I don’t want to risk almost drowning again since I haven’t really practiced at my swimming skills, “ she scrunched her nose, her eyes wrinkling a little at the corners.

Others | Firenze | Thoughts
Last edited by Firenze on November 16th, 2015, 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Words: 674676
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2014, 8:25 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Mizahar Grader (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Leeta Snow on November 16th, 2015, 1:04 pm

It was interesting to learn that someone else lived with nature too. Not many around here had bothered really to go outside of the city much. It was dangerous and she didn’t blame them. She could see the curiosity behind Firenze’s eyes, but she really didn’t want to discuss magic. Not really wanting to place a sore spot between them, she at least said, “I think so. That’s what my father says. But yes, I know how to make magic. I’ve been learning since a little girl, and now I’m going to the university for it.” she smiled weakly as though perhaps fearful that Firenze would hate her for it. She set down her boots and slid away from the rocks into the water.

It felt truly nice to take a dip in the water, and she moved further out until the waves washed over her shins, still not that deep though. Firenze spoke of Sunberth as Leeta ate more of her fish. Sunberth was a place Leeta had never been, and it seemed that she was on an outing with an orphan. To Leeta that was strange, having always just pictured orphans either living in the streets or being little kids, not pretty, tall women dressed up nicely. Firenze continued explaining about Sunberth and it’s crime, which made Leeta chuckle a little as well.

With a little snort Leeta laughingly said, “Well I could still rob you if it’d help with a feeling of being homesick.” Obviously playing.

Leeta watched as Firenze joined her in the water, and having taken the last bite of her fish, she threw the stick up onto the sand. The idea of swimming did not appeal to Leeta and she visibly sort of kicked the water as she walked around, seemingly in thought. She was about to answer Firenze’s question about whether she liked swimming, but it appeared her companion had been swimming in thought, reliving a time when she almost drowned. The idea made Leeta look out away from her toward the depths and then along the horizon.

She looked back at the offer to swim with her and had to confess, “I’m actually kind of afraid of swimming because of the same reason. I almost drowned out here when I was a little girl.” she swished at the water nervously with a leg, “I supposed as long as we stick to the shallows it won’t be so bad...Just, don’t dunk me.” she said forcefully with fear behind her voice, shooting Firenze a glare as she began to undo her dress.

Leeta Snow
Player

Character sheet

Postby Firenze on December 11th, 2015, 4:16 am

The dark haired woman spoke of knowing magic and curiosity twinkled in Firenze’s eyes. She’d never known anyone who knew magic. Or at least know anyone that had spoken of it before. Fire wasn’t familiar with it personally but curiosity always got the better of her. She hoped that maybe some day the girl could show her what it was about. For now though she decided to leave the conversation, she could tell that Leeta was uncomfortable and she just wanted to have fun after such a long day.

Water lapped at her bare legs, sand squished between her toes as she watched Leeta join her in the water. Her eyes followed the woman as she had been talking of Sunberth, a laugh and comment about robbing Fire came back in retort. A sparkle danced in the dark brown eyes that appeared almost black in the fading light.

The woman was joking with her, this was a good sign. Perhaps she was becoming more comfortable and would relax. Firenze had Pulren as a friend… really her only friend, since she’d come to Zeltiva. It was a nice change to have female company around.

Leeta appeared to kick around water and Firenze wondered what might be on her mind. She spoke and agreed to swim. “I’m okay with stick to shallow waters,” she smiled and followed suit of taking off her dress. Lying it neatly on the rocks and swishing her way back into the water. Although she was unashamed of being nude Fire left her under garments on. Simple white silk and lace stood stark against tanned skin.

She moved against the current into the water, trying to acclimate to the temperature difference of the air and water. The summer air warm and cozy, the water chilled and refreshing. Gooseflesh ran over her arms as the water slowly came up to her waist.

“I won’t dunk you, so long as you don’t dunk me,” she moved her arms back and forth, swishing the water around her, letting it flow around. Finally, after the bottom half of her body had become used to the change in temperature she let herself walk out a little further, the water slowly rising until just above her chest.

“Have you swam before? I did a little bit with a friend but I had help,” turning she watched the Leeta. The dim light giving a healthy glow to what Fire assumed was naturally pale skin. For a moment she wished she had some of her amenities from the house. “Tell me more about yourself, “ Fire smiled, digging her toes into the muck on the bottom of the bay and slowly pushing herself through the water. The tips of her hair flowed behind her and the liquid glided around her shoulders.

Coming back a bit closer to shore and closer to Leeta, the air felt cold as it brushed her wet skin. Bending at the knee she dipped back into the water until it was back to her shoulder line, walking around in the water in a squat position. “So how do you like the water? Is it too cold?” Pulling her arms up a little she ran her fingers over her skin, smoothing the fine blonde hair. “I don’t think it’s actually too bad, “ a smile crept on her lip, “but then I like the water. I think one of my favorite past times would have to be finding a stream to lie in under the sun and just sun bathing as the cold water rushes over you.” Her head tipping to the side she looked back into the black pools of Leeta’s eyes. “Have you ever tried it?”

Her eyes skimmed the woman’s face, a thought passed quickly at how easy it had felt to go from only just meeting the woman to swimming in the water and enjoying a vibrant sunset with a belly full of delicious fish. Firenze was quite content, the past that liked to haunt her far from her mind.

Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Leeta Snow on December 11th, 2015, 10:40 am

Leeta was not ashamed to undress in front of Firenze. She was rather embarrassed at the thought of someone seeing them though. Still, as Firenze peeled her dress off, Leeta was emboldened to continue. Firenze had a body worth being jealous over, that was obvious immediately, and as Leeta pulled her dress off, it was plain to see why. There was no shape to her, ribcage showing her frail skinny form. Her dress actually seemed to add definition and shape to her body, but now that it had gone, all that was left was a pencil thin girl with nearly no breasts. The black colored breastband that was tied around her and undergarment covering below hardly seemed to be held up by anything that denoted a curve. On her upper thigh, concealed was a set of knives and a holy water flask, strapped to her with a band that looked like some sort of racy embroidered fabric. It was lowered from her gangly leg with a few hops and a near fall while trying to balance herself.

About the only detail about the shy beauty before Firenze that made her unique, beside her flask and knives, was her tattoos. While naturally beautiful tattoos adorned her down her arms in rebellious fashion to the normal mores of society, it didn't give hint at all to the depths of how much of her body was actually tattooed when she was fully clothed. Beautiful spectral designs in the shape of a pyramid adorned her stomach with flowing arches that seemed to be holding the design up like a table at her panty line. Spreading toward her upper abdomen in a pyramid-like fashion, it met with other tattoos that looked like the tail feathers of a bird. Even hinted beneath and above the edges of her breastband was what looked like more tattoos, hinting at something beneath.

Leeta turned from where Firenze was and set her dress upon the rock next to hers, revealing even more tattoos upon her back and a small amount on her long legs. If what was upon her front amazed Firenze in any fashion, what was on her back was nearly fully visible apart from the small strap of the breastband and significantly more detailed. Sweeping upward from her sides at the hip, the tattoo, covering nearly her entire lower, middle, and upper back was a beautiful tapestry of open water lilies on a bed of what could have been outlined green leaves. Only her shoulders and shoulder blades remained unmarked. It was as if her pale unmarked skin made a statement of their purity amid the sea of design.

After setting her dress down, Leeta nervously flopped her arms at her side and took long high strides into the water to meet back up with Firenze. They had agreed to just a simple swim, no dunking, no wild escapades. Firenze had already sunk waist deep into the water and Leeta hurried to catch up. The waves sent spray after spray off her body as she waded deeper, until she nearly reached Firenze and sunk into the water about five feet from her; watching as she swam about.

"Well...not really. There was a deep stream that when it flowed slowly we would wade in it, but really I wouldn't say I've swam before. I can't stay afloat. My feet always are touching the ground or I sink like a rock." She waded there, moving her arms back and forth to keep position as best she could. "Me?" Leeta asked in a squeaky voice as Firenze asked her to tell her about herself. "Oh..hmm..." she squinted as a wave lightly splashed up against her side, interrupting her. "Well, there isn't much worth to tell. I left my house and came to town a while back and have been learning magic. My school burned down and so I decided it was best to go to university. This is my last month though there." She didn't say why, which was because she couldn't afford it anymore.

Leeta watched as Firenze came closer to her so that both were near each other, squatting in the water. "It feels good actually. It's not too bad right now." Matching Firenze's smile, she volunteered with a laugh, "Yeah...I've actually sat by a stream with my sister once and bathed in the sun and water. It was nice. Of course we got a really bad sun burn from it, but it felt nice while we did it."

Even in the drawing darkness, Leeta could see the beauty of Firenzes eyes as they shone in the risen moon. "Did I tell you already that you have really pretty eyes?" It was a blank statement, a pure innocent compliment that was the truth. "Really." she asserted with a little nod. She couldn't recall if she had mentioned it previously, but really they were just, different.

Leeta Snow
Player

Character sheet

Postby Firenze on December 13th, 2015, 10:22 pm

Tattoos. A lot of them. That was one of the first things that Firenze had noticed when Leeta began to undress. She didn’t want to stare or gawk at the other woman and make her feel uncomfortable but the intricate designs were intriguing and she was curious to inspect them. The second thing that she noticed was how skinny and slight the woman was. Fire thought that she’d lost some weight recently but compared to the woman near her she felt big boned. She did have to admit that Leeta was still quite beautiful.

The other woman spoke of not knowing how to swim and although Fire only knew the bare basics that Pulren had taught her, she felt that since Leeta had helped her when she’d fallen that perhaps she could pass on her small bit of knowledge. “Do you want me to teach you what I know?” Teeth pulled in her bottom lip, “I don’t really know much but maybe it could be helpful?” Wadding next to her, arms mindlessly waving next to her in a comforting motion.

Leeta spoke of her past, of leaving home and going to school. Jealousy tinged in Fire’s chest, wishing that she was smart enough to go to the university and learn but she struggled with even trying to do her letters or reading. She knew if she sat down and actually tried to put some effort and time it was possible she might be able to pick it up, but it was hard to concentrate and focus on the tasks. Even at the orphanage the adults could tell the difficulty that she had and at first thought that she was a simpleton. Which was okay with her because it gave her more time to play but now, being older, it was becoming somewhat difficult to do things on her own and not have to rely on anyone.

The jealousy was brief and gave way to admiration that Leeta could attend to a school and actually learn. Eyes studied the woman’s face and as she did she heard the woman comment on them, that they were beautiful. It caught her off guard for a moment and she wasn’t sure what to think about it or how to react. Scanning the surface of the water she was unsure on what to do, but her gaze popped back up to the woman’s face as she reaffirmed what she’d said.

"Thank you. Yours are quite beautiful as well," cheeks flushed and her eyes flicked to the side. Reaching out toward the woman, she took her hands, guiding her closer, "Here, let me teach you how to swim," she tried to sidetrack from the compliment. Her skin brushed against the woman's as she took her hands.

Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Leeta Snow on December 14th, 2015, 5:38 am

A little look upwards to indicate her nervousness quickly overturned into a focused squint as she looked to Firenze. "You know what? Okay...Teach me what you know." Her reluctance was due to girls when she was younger being cruel to her and her swearing she'd never bother with people really anymore. So very many events had changed her since those days, altering her into a different person, nearly a trusting person.

Firenze had that calm cute nature about her, showing Leeta a great deal of patience and kindness, despite her awkwardness. That spoke a lot to Leeta, and in her heart of hearts she truly hoped to make it through the night without Firenze just ending up grinding her face in the sand or something along those lines. The beckoning motion for her to come hither brought her up closer, still crouched in the water. The water would rise with wave after wave, but their lacking depth allowed for Leeta and Firenze to stand up just over their height to ignore them as they rolled in. The fact it was a bay as well also helped in them having smaller waves. Leeta still kept an arm's length distance from Firenze as she drew up nearer to her, but the disturbance of the water from her could be felt as her arms waved back and forth. The languid motion keeping her upright to the best of her ability without using her feet too much for balance.

Her compliment was not sexual nor meant to embarrass Firenze in any way. She just admired the woman's eyes and thought it had to be mentioned before they perhaps parted ways; never to see each other again. Leeta was sure that's what this was, a brief meeting that didn't matter much, because tomorrow this girl wouldn't remember her, nor care. It emboldened her to agree to come to the beach with Firenze, to swim with her, talk with her, and to give humanity another chance before Leeta curled back into her black ball of awkwardness. Leeta was queen of being socially strange though and could tell that Firenze was caught off-guard by the comment she had made. The woman reached out, like some animal reaching for its prey in the water. After finding the disturbance Leeta's hands made in the water, Firenze made contact, first brushing along Leeta's sleek and slippery skin, her skin being much akin to a fish, and just like that, she was caught.

Before Leeta could respond, she was being guided to Firenze, drawing closer and closer and making her social bubble scream out in agony. Still, she had agreed to this. The compliment now had been successfully sidetracked and Leeta looked over to her now close companion as she drew ever closer. "What do you want me to do? Where do you want me?" Firenze had utter control of her hands and Leeta half would enjoy the floating sensation of someone else half holding her weight up, which was nothing in the water. As Leeta finished her forward momentum drawing close to Firenze, their knees in their bent position had begun to touch and Leeta's eyes had a hint of worry in what was in store for her. Was Firenze going to make her go under the water? That thought rose in her mind and increased exponentially until she had to blurt out the question between pressing her lips tight together. "You're not going to make me go under the water are you?"

Because scent didn't wash off immediately in water, Leeta still smelled the same, having that earthen smell, like she had spent days out in nature all her life, and the newly acquired scent of the fish upon her lips and wooded scent of her previously drank whiskey very lightly on her breath. To most it would not be a wonderful scent.

Leeta Snow
Player

Character sheet

Postby Firenze on December 20th, 2015, 12:35 am

Fluffy white clouds sparingly floated over head as she lead the the woman, the water swirling around their bodies. Fire could almost feel the tense anxiety through her hands, understandably so. Not wanting to go out too far she made sure to stick to the shallow water that would only rise to her chest so she could keep her footing. Thankfully the tide hadn’t begun to rise yet with the setting sun. Waves crashed softly against their bodies as the wind stirred currents.

Looking up she could see a hint of anxiety in the woman. “Don’t worry I’ve got you, I won’t let go,” she slid her hand further down and held onto her wrists. “Okay so, try not to push me under or anything, but see if you can get your feet up and kick. It was kind of hard to kick for awhile but that seemed to be the biggest part of what had kept me up, you can use me to hang on to,” digging her toes into the odd mixture of sand and mud under foot she tried to spread her legs and brace herself so Leeta could rest on her.

The water appeared golden as they moved through it, the scent of seaweed and fish wafting from the surface along with another scent that reached Fire’s nose. It wasn’t entirely unpleasant, almost as though the forest were nearby, she wondered if it was coming from Leeta as a hint of the woman’s scent mingled with it. Something brushed against her leg and she tried not to panic, praying that it was just a fish and not something more treacherous. Eyes glanced down and tried to see through the muddy particle ridden depths, but only barely saw a glint. Not wanting to panic Leeta she kept her face as straight as she could and blew out a slow soft breath. She gave her a small smile, trying to reassure her that pulling her feet up would be alright. “If you don’t feel comfortable hanging onto my wrists you can put your hands on my shoulders, it might be more steady,” giving the woman the option if she needed. Hoping that she was teaching her correctly and trying to remember the things that Pulren had taught her. Kick your feet, swish your arm, keep your head above the water.

“I’m not going to make you go under, I promise. You have to keep yourself up though, if you do go under don’t panic I’m right here okay?” trying to reassure the woman. A smile slowly started to creep on her face a she wanted the slim body move. She could help be proud the she was the one teaching someone who was so much smarter than her. It was a pleasant feeling to be able to help and share a moment. The water was a little chilly, sure, but the setting sun still had some warmth behind it to keep it from being too cold. Dark hair floated around the surface of the water, she watched it for a brief tick.

“Okay, ready? I’m going to move, you kick and hold on,” a huge grin now across her face, excitement and anticipation to see how Leeta would react at swimming. A suctioning feeling came as she withdrew her feet and toes from the muck taking slow steps back toward the shore, moving with the current.

Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Leeta Snow on December 21st, 2015, 8:54 am

There most certainly was tense anxiety in Leeta's hands, arms, body, and just about everything else that was touched. A little nod was given in understanding toward Firenze as she encouraged her that she wasn't going to let her go. Still, there was that overwhelming fear crippling her that had to do with being crushed by Firenze, smashed by a wave and water going up her nose, and the fear of being sucked out to sea. None of those fears were realistic, but they were there.

Taking Firenze's advice, she moved her hands to Firenze shoulder's, not trusting her hold on her wrist at all. Using her hold on Firenze to keep her head from going under the water, especially when a wave would come at them to the side, she began to trust that she could lift up her legs. Thankfully they were small little things compared to oceanic waves.

"Okay, I'll try not to panic," she said, though her voice was less than convincing. She was not a brave soul in the least and was purely trusting Firenze because she had showed her a bit of kindness after her little prank.

As Firenze began to move her through the water, a look of worry came over her face as it was just another element of having to deal with swimming that she wasn't expecting. Leeta just wanted to stand there and wade in the water and be happy. However as Firenze backed up, it left her feet dangling behind and quickly she began kicking like a floundering fish. Her legs were long and gangly, pale and without surface area. It seemed they moved somewhat to the side half the time and didn't come up to the surface as her body sank the other half. The resistance on her legs after even just half a chime made her make a face.

"Swimming is hard oh goodness! My legs feel like they are falling off."

A larger wave came along, not large in any sort of status that would cause someone like Firenze issues with her feet on the ground, but for Leeta who had literally no traction in the water, it pushed her feet toward the shore as well as her body with it. While her head remained above the water due to holding onto Firenze at the shoulders, she was far from alright. First her hands began to slip off Firenze's shoulders, and then she panicked a little bit and began pawing to regain her former height and not go swishing away with the wave and end up face first in the water. As her grip became sound again she pulled herself up close to Firenze and watched the wave slide past them. When the pull was gone from her body she would ease back off of Firenze, seeking to continue swimming. Innocently Leeta looked Firenze's way and said, "That wasn't too much of a panic right?" Though playfully it seemed that she kind of felt it was.

Last edited by Leeta Snow on January 4th, 2016, 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leeta Snow
Player

Character sheet

Postby Firenze on January 4th, 2016, 12:54 am

Tension was radiating from Leeta, Fire could feel it coming off her. Wanting to sooth her, after Leeta placed her hands on Fire’s shoulders, she reached out along slick skin to the other woman’s biceps and shoulders and rubbed along her arms. Back and forth, up and down and again. Trying to help her to release her tension. Fire wasn’t a good swimmer but something that she enjoyed doing was trying to help others to feel better, it was part of her job description.

It was odd how the evening had turned out. Originally she was supposed to go on a date with a boy that was attending the college. Glancing out to the setting sun, the vibrant colors burst across the sky, a few fat clouds lazily drifting along the breeze. It was well past when she was supposed to meet him. Hoping that she hadn’t lost a client and that he wouldn’t be too angry. Eyes went back to focus on Leeta and concentrate on moving her through the water. Her mind whirled with excuses to give the man.

A bright smile came across her face, she was having too much fun to worry so much about the date she would be missing. This was almost a date in itself wasn’t it? They’d met, gotten something to eat, learned of each other and now they were half naked swimming in the bay together. It sounded like a date to Firenze if there ever was one. What was the line between a date with someone and a friendship? Pulren was her friend, but she always had confused feelings toward him, it was difficult to see the line of friendship and attraction.

What was the line with Leeta? Did she find her attractive? Underneath the dirt, yeah. Did Leeta find her attractive? She’d commented on her eyes saying that they were beautiful. So that would mean that she would find her attractive, right? Questions poured through Firenze’s mind as she walked the thin frail woman through the water. Mud and sand squishing underfoot and between her toes.

“You’re doing really good,” her gaze flicked just past Leeta to the constant little splashing behind her, watching her feet kicking with a fierceness. A chuckle escaped her lips, but at the same time a wave had come upon them just as Fire had started them back toward shore again. Leeta’s hand slipped briefly, a panic appeared on her face and she pushed her hands against the water. Grabbing the bottoms of her arms, Leeta grasped back to her shoulders and pulled herself close. Closer than they had been before, trying to fight the pull of the current. Her skin brushed against Fire’s. Gooseflesh ran along her arms and chest where they touched. A heat rising into her cheeks as her heart picked up speed a little.

Confused, she wasn’t sure if she should act on how she was feeling or not. If it were a client as long as they were paying for it she would. Or if it were someone she were interested in and they were of the opposite sex she would. Was it that much different than a man? Her skin was much softer than a man’s. Her body that brushed against Fire’s was a lot softer. A thought popped into her mind as she glanced down to Leeta’s face, her eyes dipping to her lips. She wondered if her lips were softer as well. Would they be that much different than a man’s?

Leeta leaned back and as she did Fire hadn't heard what she’d said, instead her mind was tuned into the feeling of the water, skin and soft body against hers. It was lean and there wasn’t much to Leeta’s bone, but it was still not as hard and solid as a man’s. Hands still on her arms she pulled Leeta back closer, not taking the step back to continue their swimming but instead so that she could lean forward, her eyes flicking down from her eyes to her lips. She wanted to see how she would feel, the playfulness that had been in her voice seemed as though she were flirting, right? Fire was sure that she wouldn’t be upset if she stole a kiss.

With that thought she pressed in, brushing her lips lightly against the other woman’s, confirming they were indeed as soft as they looked. Fire only lightly pressed against her’s, waiting to see how she might react, if her idea was bad or if Leeta was interested in exploring things further.

Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

PreviousNext