Down into the Dark (Fable)

It begins, as it often does, with a letter

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Yisanareysin on December 23rd, 2015, 6:19 am

Rey blinked in surprise as Wally spoke of the skull. So there had been rumors about it? Rey hadn't heard anything about that, but all of his contacts kept to the surface, so far as he was aware. Something to keep in mind, Rey supposed. Although Wally seemed to be pretty solidly entrenched in underground society... well, Rey could deal with that later.

So, what did Rey know? Hargris may or may not have really been a zith, which wasn't very helpful. The woman must have spent some time in the underground if Wally recognised her, and she was a "buyer". What exactly that meant, Rey was not certain, but he kept it in mind. Anything he could use to track them down, to help identify these petching vagiks who had-

Cool yourself, Reysin. He gritted his teeth. He was not some newborn hatchling, all emotion and no thought. He would approach this carefully and cautiously, and he would get them back.

But not today. As much as he hated it, he was in no shape to fight them again, even if he didn't touch the petching orb again. And rushing into a fight had just gotten him beaten and bound. And before that, in the Alche-

No. He wasn't going to think about that right now. Viciously ignoring how his scar itched, he turned to Wally. "Fine." He grimaced. "We go Back Up." Whether Wally led the way or he did, Rey didn't care. He was tired, and his head hurt, and his pride had been beaten, bundled up in a sack, and thrown off a cliff.

Snake Tongue | Common | Arumenic

ImageImageImage
Yisanareysin
Sneaky Snake Spy Extraordinaire

Words: 314458
Joined roleplay: June 8th, 2014, 7:40 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Fable on January 10th, 2016, 1:00 am

Once they had managed to find a way back to the surface through a very narrow, very grueling descent on a rough rope into an inky well, the pair was spat out of a hole in the craggy walls of the sunken city, appearing for all the world to be nothing more than a simple crevice. The Slanderer was not far, and Wally was soon reunited with his sister. However, before the pair left, Wally turned to give the other man a stern and serious frown as he handed the dhani an oddly smooth tooth - the shape and size suggesting that it was a fang of some canine creature of relatively large size. "When you're ready, show this to any of the urchins Down Below, and they'll take you to the Shops." He didn't give any more information other than that, but once the fang was taken, his face lit into a more amicable smile. "And if you ever need my help, just ask!" His sister called back to him, and the man nodded in her direction before offering a few final parting words. "I might not be a very good thief, but I've been around. Thank you. Really. Thanks." And with that he was off.

Y I S A N A R E Y S I N

a d r o i t . a c c r e t i o n s
    ❁ planning 2
    ❁ land navigation 2
    ❁ observation 5
    ❁ philosophy 1
    ❁ persuasion 1
    ❁ logic 2
    ❁ tracking 2
    ❁ tactics 4
    ❁ hunting 1
    ❁ camouflage 2
    ❁ stealth 4
    ❁ intelligence 3
    ❁ subterfuge 1
    ❁ organization 2
    ❁ auristics 1
    ❁ investigation 5
    ❁ wrestling 1
    ❁ negotiation 1
    ❁ weapon: dagger 1
    ❁ unarmed combat 1
    ❁ interrogation 2
    ❁ leadership 3

e s p i e d . e r u d i t i o n
    ❁ tracking: wally
    ❁ aura: hargris
    ❁ wally: inept underground thief
    ❁ minerva: inartian buyer
    ❁ the danger of magical items

r e c o m p e n s e . a n d . r e t r i b u t i o n
    ❃ head wound: minor bruising and swelling, fully healed in four days
    ❁ The Black Shop's Fang - A smooth, yellowish tooth from a dire wolf; provides access to the Black Shop in the Underground. The location and wares vary, however many people seek what it has to offer, as there are things there that cannot be bought anywhere else in the city. The prices, however, are not exempt from this rule and are often as exorbitant as the shop is difficult to find. PM Fable if you're wanting to make a purchase, otherwise you may self-moderate and craft the location as you see fit.

d e t e r m i n a t i v e . d i c t a
I enjoy Reysin as a character and you as a writer. This was a fun thread to write with you, and I'm very interested to see what you'll be doing from here. :)
Fable
A yarn is spun from many strings.

Words: 267393
Joined roleplay: January 12th, 2015, 6:17 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous