OOC Info [Alvadas] False Impressions

For all your OOC chatter!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

[Alvadas] False Impressions

Postby Fable on March 1st, 2015, 8:22 am

Welcome to Spring 514 AV!

Oh my, oh my! With a new location incoming and a calendar of prompts, maybe you're asking yourselves "What should I do?!" Well, don't worry about that! Sit back, grab a duck, and let's see what we have in store this season!

Make sure to sign up in the new [url]registry thread[/url] as well as to turn in all your job requests to my office. I'm looking forward to getting to see what new stories you'll all be crafting! If any of you have any questions regarding the calendar, The Mischief, or anything else at all, please send me a PM!

Aislyn: I have a thread planned for you and Phobius! Please just let me know when the most convenient date would be for you during the first 30 days of spring!

Resyin: I have a thread planned for you as well! Please let me know when the most convenient date would be for you anytime from 31 - 90!

I'm still willing to take on one more moderated quest/thread excluding those requiring a post or two in the calendar. If any of you are interested, please just let me know, and we'll work something out!

May your words flow like honey, and your minds dance like a bird's spring song!
Fable
A yarn is spun from many strings.

Words: 267393
Joined roleplay: January 12th, 2015, 6:17 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Phobius on March 1st, 2015, 6:40 pm

YAAAAY! MODDED THREADS! *rolls around in excitement*

Happy Spring, everyone! ^^
Note: Unless otherwise is stated, Phobius is almost always wearing a blue-beaded bracelet that alters illusions around him based on his mood. That can include player-made illusions. c:
Phobius
Perpetually Curious

Words: 283495
Joined roleplay: May 30th, 2014, 12:08 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Liam Blank on March 2nd, 2015, 2:43 am

Hey everyone!

Just dropped by to introduce my PC and throw him to the ducks. If anyone is up for collaborating on a thread for our characters, by all means send me a PM so I'm aware and we'll work something fun out! I promise, I'll even shake on it. Anyway, best of luck to all your endeavours, whether we rp together or not! :)
Liam Blank
All jokes aside; Who am I?

Words: 2932
Joined roleplay: February 22nd, 2015, 9:05 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Fable on March 2nd, 2015, 2:49 am

Yay ducks!
Fable

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Phobius on March 2nd, 2015, 5:38 am

Welcome to Alvadas, Liam! c:
Note: Unless otherwise is stated, Phobius is almost always wearing a blue-beaded bracelet that alters illusions around him based on his mood. That can include player-made illusions. c:
Phobius
Perpetually Curious

Words: 283495
Joined roleplay: May 30th, 2014, 12:08 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Fable on March 8th, 2015, 6:18 am

So! I got some questions today that I think I should reply to here, so that all of you can see the answers! Also, if any of you have any other questions regarding the calendar events, feel free to post here, and I'll answer them as quickly as I can. :)

1. Do the walls of buildings turn into glass as well? Can people now (sort of) see into buildings?
Yes and no! The walls, everything, is glass, but what you see on the other side may or may not be what you see on the inside. ;) This doesn't mean all of the buildings only show what's on the other side of the actual house or if they only show the inside of the house. Illusions are all through the glass, so what you see - just like everything in the city - isn't always what it is.

2. Does the glass water phenomenon only apply to water outdoors? For instance, would wine or ale served in a tavern still be liquid? And what about the water in the sunken conundrum? And what happens if it rains?
The glass water can only be found outside, however it can be taken into homes and will remain glass until it is consumed. Wines and ales in taverns are still liquids, as they're brought in from outside the city, but you may or may night find that different shades of glass water might taste like different drinks. ;)
The water in the Sunken Conundrum is still water. Illusions in the city don't really affect the interiors of buildings, though they can be brought inside and remain as they were outside, if that makes sense.
My my. What would happen if it rained? ;) As far as city-wide, the rain doesn't start until the flooding event, however isolated areas may or may not see some concentrated down fall of... Glass? Cackles

And is there any size limit to the ducks that show up?
There is no limit to the ducks! (I lied) As long as they're not bigger than a large horse, the ducks can be any size smaller than or the same as that. (This is mostly to keep at least a little continuity as a ginormous duck would be... big.)

So yes! Naia: I haven't forgotten about you! I'm smoothing out the last few things for The Mischief, so hopefully that will be up soon. :)

And, as always, please feel free to ask me any more questions you may have! I definitely didn't think to address these points when I made the calendar, so if anything else is confusing or unclear, don't be afraid to check!
Fable

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Vizayas on March 8th, 2015, 6:47 am

Whoops. Didn't see there was a new OOC thread and I posted in the wrong one! Blek!
ImageImageImage
Vizayas
Squire Mage

Words: 113870
Joined roleplay: January 23rd, 2014, 9:42 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Trista on March 9th, 2015, 12:39 am

The ducks and I are having some quality time ^_^

Also, Trista has absolutely nothing to do this season outside of her job threads, so send me a PM if you'd like to do something!
Trista
I can see for miles and miles and miles...

Words: 101570
Joined roleplay: August 17th, 2009, 1:08 am
Race: Akvatari
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)

Postby Mirage on March 9th, 2015, 12:40 am

Someone should ask him how glass water is different than just frozen water ;)
Mirage
Truth is never certain

Words: 1231300
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2012, 8:47 am
Office
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)

Postby Fable on March 9th, 2015, 2:26 am

:|
Fable

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Next