Where Do PC Names Come From?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to place any off topic chatter, thread games, etc here.

Postby Cor Alspach on January 28th, 2016, 7:48 am

Cor is short for Corrin which is really meant to be Corin but I already did the original graphics up and was too lazy change them :P

He's actually a character I had for another site a year or two back. I stole the name from Narnia's "Horse and His Boy"
Cor Alspach
Player

Words: 40048
Joined roleplay: January 23rd, 2016, 5:32 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Duuma on January 28th, 2016, 8:29 am

The angel Dumah inspired the pet name of this PC, and I adapted a normal name to suit what the formal name would be.
Duuma
the shooting star.

Words: 9866
Joined roleplay: September 3rd, 2015, 9:16 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Cyrene Everwind on January 28th, 2016, 9:47 am

Well i thought i'd throw in here.

Alex's name is basically the name of alexander the conqueror however it's actually greek and means "helper" which is why he'd sucha nice guy which everyone whose met him aseems to have come to think of him. Faircroft is basically my little tack on to the name.

Cyrene however is about as literal as you can get in her isur form the naim Quinlain is a little bit of adjustment from the name Quinlan which means well-formed. Cyrene however is another name and it's the greek name of a water nymph.

and that's about as interesting as i get so please feel fre to harass me in future.
Cyrene Everwind
Beauty in the Blaze. Song in the Steel

Words: 89296
Joined roleplay: January 18th, 2016, 10:34 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Previous