Closed [NW Beach Location] Who are you? (Kiva)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Citadel of the Dead Queen, Black Rock is the island off of the eastern coast of Falyndar. Mythic and mysterious, few know what truly inhabits it. [Lore]

[NW Beach Location] Who are you? (Kiva)

Postby Loda on August 5th, 2015, 3:31 am

LODA
Denizen of Black Rock
-----------------------------------

As instructed the large man stayed where he was, letting Kiva examine him. He had a studious look upon his face, contemplating what she meant by wanting “to look first”. The friction of her hands as she cleaned off the sand made her fingertips warm to the touch, though quickly his skin adapted to them. Her palm he found was warmer and seemed to retain the heat against him longer. As she pressed faithfully into his shoulder, it didn’t bother him so much as she just used her palm. As she felt, she could sense that it was at least as lengthy as his spearpoint, yet was more deep than first realized.

As she balanced upon his shoulder he endured the pain she caused as she pushed even deeper. There it was, series of torn muscles and ligaments trying desperately to heal, and though they had, they were very tight and abused greatly. It was no wonder though given the fact they just wrestled for a few chimes, not to mention him spearing a fish, carrying it ashore, then fighting with her with a kris; a very light weapon that needed great speed. She mentioned to him to tell her whether she applied too much pressure and he nodded. His breath began to be held to endure further pain, not out of stubbornness or pride, but it was how he was raised.

She began to roll his muscles and that made a slight groan come from him as would have been expected and when she asked if it hurt he shook his head no, saying, “It does, but not so bad. In a way it feels good...it’s hard to explain. I’m alright.” He nodded firmly and after a while of her doing that it started to feel better. He had never had a massage, but his mother or anyone before. He was always the more silent reserved one of the clan rather than the crazed blood screaming maniac some were. Yet his actions spoke louder than his words to his clan, so he was never rejected, and above all never felt dejected for not being like others.

As she told him a story of her mother he inclined his head to listen to her. She spoke of her mother, who seemed to be a warrior, which was not so common amongst her people from little of what he understood. Perhaps she was a scout he wondered.

“I was stationed there for a good portion of my time as a Rekrut. I don’t doubt she was sore. Damned Dhani are always trying to sneak past. What did your mother do? Was she of a high rank?”

He could see Kiva’s slight smile as she worked. It made him chuckle a bit and he gestured toward her smile. “You are smiling.” he grinned, “This must bring back good memories for you then.” he figured it was either that or she just really was either peaceful in this moment, seeing how she was staring out now at the sea, or she -really- liked massages. He didn’t think that the latter was the case.

She curved from his wound to now massage down his spine and outward from it with just light fingertips, which strangely seemed to help the pain in his shoulder. He wondered as she did that, if because the wound was so deep, that it meant his injury went nearly all the way back toward his shoulder blades; which in fact to some degree it did.

Inquiring if it troubled him often Loda thought back to when it truly bothered him before answering. He looked out toward the ocean and then over toward the smoldering fire that was going out. As he did his hair on the far end sneakily slid over his shoulder and fell down, getting in her way. “Oh sorry,” he said, pulling it back to the front of his body. He then quickly answered, “I think...when there are storms, like how we are in monsoon season now...when it is very bad it hurts. Also when I wrestle random Myrian women.” he looked back over his shoulder with a sly grin and a nasal chuckle. Regaining some semblance of seriousness he said, “When I throw my spear or climb it can hurt. I do not do these things gently, so...You know. I do try to rest it though.”

Other's Words - My Words - My Thoughts
Loda
Player

Words: 127479
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2015, 2:01 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kiva on August 13th, 2015, 2:56 am

Kiva listened closely, hearing his groan and explanation. She moved her hands slower, fluctuating her pressure and relaxing her hands to rest on her his shoulder blades. "It's been a long time. So if its bad, I promise to not be angry." Kiva decided to give his muscles a small break, raising an eyebrow at the realization that she was smiling.

"Hmm, well, I like the water. And I suppose talking to you reminds me a bit of home. My mother was a Panglima. She could have moved up, but... I think she regretted spending so much time from home, that she didn't want to watch me grow up from a distance. I was her only child, and she wasn't a very openly affectionate woman, but this was one of the ways she could spend time with me without having to fuss over my training or manners."

Kiva shifted her weight in the sand, "I talk too much compared to you," Kiva felt it had been awhile since she was this relaxed, always a bit tense around so many people from other races. So many outsiders. So many unknowns, "Am I really that random? You mean you don't wrestle with all the Myrian women?" Kiva chuckled, "Shouldn't be hard to find me again, if you ever want to lose again, that is." Kiva grinned playfully and poked him in the side, "You might be able to do some stretches to help strengthen the muscle. I'll have to go back to work soon," Kiva absentmindedly began scratching his back lightly in circles, eyes widening, "Oh! Tokia's Tonics. It's where I work. Tokia might have something for the pain or to speed up your healing. You should stop by sometime and ask her. She's very good. Myrian as well, so you can trust her."

Kiva gave one last scratch and then let her hands drop, scooting to look at his face, "I should get going, actually. Long walk and I don't need a lecture." Kiva leaned away and twisted to stretch out her tanned legs, readying herself to stand up and go grab all of her things, "It was good to have spent some time with another child of Myri."
★★★
ImageImage
Kiva
Player

Words: 225555
Joined roleplay: February 24th, 2015, 7:34 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Loda on August 13th, 2015, 4:02 am

LODA
Denizen of Black Rock
-----------------------------------

The pain in his shoulder settled a bit as she changed her tempo and pressure. He had to admit, he liked this treatment and now understood the women sitting around the fires and their men nearby showing affection. They would always be rubbing each others shoulders or something. That or be running their hands through the man’s hair. It actually felt good more so to his core than to just his physical body as she did it and he could finally perceive that it was affection that those others had. Affection like a mother toward a child. While he understood this generally, he had never felt it. And even though that wasn’t what was happening here, it was just a normal massage, he at least in this moment perceived that it was something that he could have for someone and develop one day. He watched the waves with her and said with a smile, “I wouldn’t know. I’ve never had a backrub, not at least since a little boy and falling from a high tree. Other than that …” he shook his head no.

As she gave him a break he groaned and stretched his muscles across his body and then up into the air, to really hit the dullness that she had caused there. As she spoke about her mother he canted his head and listened intently. Kiva finished speaking about her mother and he nodded to show he listened; not commenting on it as she seemed a bit wistful about it, as if remembering the memories of her mother. He left her to do so in peace and it was then she shifted her weight in the sand and realized she spoke a lot compared to him. He looked away from her, out to the ocean and brought his legs down to lay flat in the sand, It was true, she did talk more than him, but it wasn’t a bad thing. Thinking on this for the briefest of moments he looked back as she continued on, not really asking him what he thought. Her topics of wrestling him brought a smile to his face though and she almost seemed a bit playful with him. “Heyyy” he warned her at the poke to his side with a playful glare.

“I’ll be wanting a rematch when this is better...If not before.” he said about his shoulder with a slight glare. Sure it was a challenge, but one made in fun. She told him about stretching it and he nodded, and then began to go on about her work. She was like a little girl who met a cute boy or something and he thought it was funny. She was even absentmindedly scratching his back as she went on about Tokia’s Tonics. He tightened up his lips slightly and nodded. “Yeah, I know the place.” Kiva then mentioned that the owner was Myrian and he understood what she meant. It wouldn’t hurt he thought. “Yeah, sounds great. I’ve never been in there but it’s worth a look.” He also knew that Savacea worked there as well, so it would be interesting to see her again. She seemed almost late for work so he didn’t bring up that he knew her at all.

With Kiva pulling away he himself stood up, grabbed his spear, and dusted off his butt and sides of his legs of the sand grains that had dug into his skin. There was a slight burning sting on his side as he likely had a rash from the sand when rolling in it with Kiva. He ignored it however and just said to her. “LIkewise Kiva. It was nice to meet you and if you ever feel like a rematch…” He thrust his spear into the ground and held out his hands as if to beg her to ‘bring it’ After she would leave he would watch her head off for a little bit, then let out a chuckle, and return to his now burnt fish, eating it regardless. He’d eaten worse.

“Whew...thought my shoulder was going to come off there for a minute.” He took in a deep breath and while the massage felt good, he was more sore from the rolling around and his daily activities. He figured he would hang out here, maybe take a nap, and then return to his hunting.

Other's Words - My Words - My Thoughts
Loda
Player

Words: 127479
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2015, 2:01 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Traverse on February 3rd, 2016, 7:47 pm

Loda

Experience:

• Brawling 1
  • Endurance 1
  • Flirting 1
  • Fishing 1
  • Intimidation 1
  • Long Spear 1
  • Kris 2
  • Observation 5
  • Socialization 5
  • Storytelling 1
  • Teaching 1
  • Unarmed Combat 1

Lore:

• Kiva of the Crimson Sun
  • Learning Why Kiva is in Black Rock
  • Using Sand to Mislead the Enemy
  • Learning How to Properly Hold a Kris
  • Kiva Works at Tokia's Tonics

Kiva

Experience:

• Acrobatics 1
  • Climbing 1
  • Endurance 1
  • Flirting 1
  • Long Spear 2
  • Massage 2
  • Observation 5
  • Rhetoric 1
  • Running 1
  • Socialization 5
  • Stealth 1
  • Storytelling 2
  • Tactics 1
  • Teaching 1
  • Unarmed Combat 1

Lore:

• Stealing Eggs from Seagulls
  • Loda of the Blooded Fangs
  • Learning Why Loda is on Black Rock
  • The Story of Mother Eagle
  • Learning How to Properly Hold a Spear
  • Giving Loda's Injury a Massage

Shared Lores:

• The Comfort of Communicating in Your Native Tongue on Foreign Soil
  • Enjoying a Spar with a Fellow Myrian

Additional Notes :
This was a fun thread to read, a nice little introduction for both of them while getting a lot of different skills put to work as well. If there is anything you guys felt I missed let me know, I gave you brawling Loda for the sand throwing :)

If you have any questions, concerns, accolades, complaints, etc about your grade, drop me a PM and we can most certainly talk it out.

As always, Safe Travels!
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous