Welcome and Guidance

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Welcome and Guidance

Postby Valinos on February 9th, 2016, 11:30 am

Well good morning! Hope you are all waking up and summoning up the energy to get out of bed and dressed lol. My name is Roy, 31 and i live in Pennsylvania on the East Coast of the USA, i've been writting on forums since i was about 12, mainly on Delphiforums if anybody is familiar with it... now, i haven't looked through the topics too much, reading up on the races currently, but is there a collection of basic information, starting lore, the political currents of the cities? I'm not familiar with how long this forum has been running, so the shifting of alliances and allegiances isn't known yet.

What are the current hot topics, current major threads being blended and played out currently?
Valinos
Player

Words: 26462
Joined roleplay: February 9th, 2016, 11:26 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Welcome and Guidance

Postby Valinos on February 9th, 2016, 11:45 am

And Truth be Told, i'm curious what race is not as Prevalent as others? little more rare... plus i have 2 different class builds i am toying with in my mind, wouldn't mind a little PM communication to help decide which would be most useful and meaningful in the game world.
Valinos
Player

Character sheet

Welcome and Guidance

Postby Amunet on February 9th, 2016, 11:54 am

IM Astator or Factorum. They are the CS Liason and are more than happy to help new persons with their character builds.

avaktari are not common, jamoura are not played often. Not a lot of Carodae (spelling probably isnt the greatest)

Some others can provide insight as well.

Each city has its own lore. There is a lot of lore to go over just to go over the political dynamics of one city would take quite a bit to go over.

There is a chat where some of our players frequent as we do discuss Mizahar on a frequent basis (as well as just kidding around)

Welcome to Mizahar!!
Amunet
**The Healer** There has to be a better way!

Words: 565239
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2015, 3:30 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Welcome and Guidance

Postby Valinos on February 9th, 2016, 12:08 pm

Well hello Amunet, thank you so much for the help! I appreciate it, i've been reading over things and the sheer scope of information is, well to put it mildy, daunting!
Valinos
Player

Character sheet

Welcome and Guidance

Postby Amunet on February 9th, 2016, 1:07 pm

You will be living in the lore for a while to come. Even the ones who have been here a while read the lore frequently to refresh their memory, to plot and plan storylines and so forth. Hazards of being a writer -- research. :)
Amunet
**The Healer** There has to be a better way!

Words: 565239
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2015, 3:30 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Welcome and Guidance

Postby Valinos on February 9th, 2016, 1:18 pm

Oh this is so true! will take me a week to pick a race and structure a class idea in this place! the races all have such detailed and interesting histories and cultures! its amazing. I like the Akalak social set up currently, but i bet that's a rather common race for PC's.
Valinos
Player

Character sheet

Welcome and Guidance

Postby Aislyn Leavold on February 9th, 2016, 1:20 pm

To add onto what Amunet said about the cities, I'd suggest starting with the city list for some basic information, and from there checking out the specific city's information post. For example, here's Alvadas' or Lhavit's. If you can't find a player's guide, though, the lore page for the city is definitely just as good.
Welcome to Mizahar!
Aislyn Leavold
Just an illusion.

Words: 647829
Joined roleplay: June 8th, 2014, 9:23 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Thread (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)
2016 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2016 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Welcome and Guidance

Postby Valinos on February 9th, 2016, 1:24 pm

Thank you Miss Leavold, i appreciate the directions. :) I'll happily accept any help at this point!
Valinos
Player

Character sheet

Welcome and Guidance

Postby Firenze on February 9th, 2016, 3:31 pm

Welcome!

It's nice to see a veteran RP'er :)

There is a lot of lore, keep in mind though that you don't have to read the lore on everything. Like Amunet said most of us constantly read through lore to refresh. There are a few cities that are closed right now so you wouldn't be able to go to that city until a Storyteller opens it up so there wouldn't be a need to read up on that city (However, doing it in your spare time to learn about it never hurts ;)).

As for different races, there are a few that aren't as 'popular' during one time or another. I've mostly noticed fluctuations in each race over the years; someone makes a Jamoura and then there is a spike in Jamoura PCs, etc. I would suggest picking the race that best suits the idea of the character that you're wanting to create, same with the city.

If you want quick answers I would also suggest Chat, otherwise taking your time and reading over each city to get a full in depth feel is always good too. If you're having a hard time finding things when you're going back through lore and you're trying to put things together, google will be helpful. If you want to search something through google use a keyword and then add Mizahar on the end and it's usually pretty darn good about pulling up Miz results. Ex. 'Wilderness Survival Mizahar'

Also, for your name it'll need changed once you have what your character's name will be. The name of the account is the name of the character here.

If you do need help or have any questions feel free to PM, stop by chat or even visit the Q&A area! I hope you enjoy being here and look forward to seeing you around!

-Fire

Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Words: 674676
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2014, 8:25 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Mizahar Grader (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Welcome and Guidance

Postby Valinos on February 9th, 2016, 3:45 pm

Thank you so much, i've been browsing and talking with Astator in private chat, working on a basis of a character currently. Still have like 9 tabs open to various windows and topics tho lol! Lots to read over, get familiar with and such. Any advice is really appreciated honestly, and hope to make some new friends here too. :)

BTW, i love your post format! very pretty.
Valinos
Player

Character sheet

Next