Two Worlds Collide

Kiva is paired with a new co-worker, Savacea Jovellana.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Citadel of the Dead Queen, Black Rock is the island off of the eastern coast of Falyndar. Mythic and mysterious, few know what truly inhabits it. [Lore]

Two Worlds Collide

Postby Kiva on August 5th, 2015, 2:18 pm

Kiva's face drained of emotion when Savacea insisted she was acting like a child. To be scolded by a savage. Kiva shook her head at herself and moved to where Savacea was, "I should not have lost my temper. It was foolish, but this sword... is the last memory I have of my mother. I do not know how it is with your... people. To Myrians, most of us, family is everything. We identify ourselves by our clan. I feared I would lose it."

She scooted closer with her jar, the centipede inside still fighting for life. Kiva paid it no mind but started to hold it next to the rock, but stopped and held it out to Savacea in an offering for her to try to get the centipede herself, "Do you only study poison?" The question was tense, but she was trying. Kiva had used force, but perhaps Savacea had another ability other than climbing. She tried to think of questions to ask, something to do to push away the remains of her anger.

She looked around, trying to spot signs of more centipedes. Bits of sand were scattered too and fro but nothing to indicate definite tracks. A few places with concentrated sand had small lines where the bug might have crawled but they quickly ended. She narrowed her eyes as she looked around, spotting small round pellets nearby. Kiva tried to get a closer look but didn't leave Savacea again. She reached out, leaning over to take one in her hand. They were damp from the sea mist, but hard. She rolled them in her fingers, nodding. It was the droppings of some animal. Kiva tossed it to the ground, and turned to her co-worker.

"Stay alert. There is something that lives nearby. I don't think it is very big, but it could be dangerous." She wiped her fingers on her pant leg and tried to find any more proof. It could very easily be nothing, the animal long gone. But it was always best to be ready for anything.

★★★
ImageImage
Kiva
Player

Words: 225555
Joined roleplay: February 24th, 2015, 7:34 pm
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Two Worlds Collide

Postby Savacea Jovellana on August 5th, 2015, 9:41 pm

Kiva explained that the sword had siginificant sentimental value to it, that she understood and now felt slightly bad for her behavior. She nodded her head, "I too have something from my mother, I know what you mean. I am sorry I did not know." Savacea supplied in a soft tone, meaning every word she had said. She really did know what it was like to have something of your mother. Her's had died as most Symenestra do while giving birth to their babes, if something happened to her silk she would be devastated.

The Myrian woman asked her if she did anything else besides poison and she gave a small shrug, "Not really, poison is my passion." She gave a short and simple answer, she was not one to indulge in personal things with someone she barely knew, although it was true her main focus was poison at the moment. She lived for it, needed as much knowledge as she could get of it, before having to leave Black Rock.

Savacea watched as Kiva investigated the ground, observing what appeared to poop to the Symenestra, as the woman reached down and picked it up. This made her go a little wide-eyed at it, wondering if she knew that she was holding animal poop in her hand. She rolled it in her fingers, giving a nod and tossed it to the ground turning to her, "That was poop.. you just played with poop.." Savacea's lips curled in a small grin exposing her fangs, as a chuckle came out that she could not suppress. This woman had just played with poop! It was hilarious to her, though she did not know the significance of playing with animal droppings and the woman may of had other reasons to do so, the fact remained she had poop on her hands now.

Kiva supplied that there may be something nearby and to stay on alert. She gave a frown but nodded as the woman said that it could be dangerous. "Alright let me just get this guy here.." Savacea said, flipping over the rock and spearing the centipede with her clawed index finger, depositing it into Kiva's jar. "...there now I can be more alert." She knew she would not be of any use if she was still focusing on the job, and had to get that little critter before it scurried away.

Savacea stood up brushing sand from her garments as she peered around her, a little nervous as to what could be dangerous as she did not know the fauna of the dead island just yet. Observing the ground where Kiva just played with the poop, she saw the pellets laying on the ground but could not see any animal prints and her eye brow rose in concentration as she scanned the area around her, staying alert as the woman had told her to do, making sure nothing dangerous lurked among the rocks waiting to devour them.

Common | Symenos | Thoughts
Savacea Jovellana
Poisonous Dancer

Words: 239118
Joined roleplay: July 13th, 2015, 11:11 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Two Worlds Collide

Postby Traverse on February 14th, 2016, 8:10 pm

Kiva

Experience:

• Acrobatics 1
  • Endurance 1
  • Hunting 1
  • Intimidation 1
  • Observation 3
  • Poison 1
  • Running 1
  • Socialization 4
  • Swimming 1
  • Writing 1

Lore:

• Savacea: Also Works at Tokia's Tonics
  • Lazy Gel: Created using Centipedes, Blue Colored and Smells Sweet
  • Finding the Blue Centipedes
  • Working with a Barbarian

Savacea

Experience:

• Climbing 1
  • Hunting 1
  • Investigation 1
  • Observation 3
  • Poison 1
  • Socialization 4

Lore:

• Kiva: A Myrian that Also Works at Tokia's Tonics
  • Lazy Gel: Created using Centipedes, Blue Colored and Smells Sweet
  • Malediction: Creating Items from Remains of the Dead
  • Finding the Blue Centipedes
  • Myrians: Aggressive and Defensive About there Armaments

Additional Notes :
So obviously this didn't conclude where it was meant to, but I really liked how this thread was shaping up so far! I did award a single poison point, and a hunting point for searching for the centipedes, if there's anything else you felt I missed give me a shout.

If you have any questions, concerns, accolades, complaints, etc about your grade, drop me a PM and we can most certainly talk it out.

As always, Safe Travels!
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous