Closed Plans and Partnership (Shadyn)

A snake, an eagle and a human walk into a bar.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Plans and Partnership (Shadyn)

Postby Yisanareysin on December 8th, 2015, 3:37 am

Rey found himself disappointed. Meet him on the 56th? This was almost certainly a scam of some sort then. Some illusion or sleigh of hand that he needed time to set up for. What a waste of his time. And as impressive as the bear claws were, Rey only had to look at the giant eagle sitting beside the man to guess how he'd gotten them. Still, Rey was only mostly certain the human was scamming him, and on the ever so slight chance that he wasn't...

Rey didn't really need a demonstration. He just needed to see this.. was it an object? It had to be, unless this one was promising to teach him magic.

"Want to ssee demonstration later, yess, but now... Want to ssee what it iss, even if cannot be usssed here and now. Want to be ssure iss not a trick. You undersstand, musst be careful. If I believe, yess. Will ssign, and work for you."

However Shadyn answered or reacted, Rey would watch him carefully, looking for any signs of deceit.

Snake Tongue : Common : Arumenic
ImageImageImage
Yisanareysin
Sneaky Snake Spy Extraordinaire

Words: 314458
Joined roleplay: June 8th, 2014, 7:40 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Shadyn on December 9th, 2015, 2:40 am

Shadyn considered this for a moment, then shrugged and reached down to grab his waterskin. As he picked it up, he made sure to check the glass spout to see that it was securely closed.

“Well…here it is. It’s a water. Divine water blessed by Leth. As such, it’s powers are logically related to the full moon…which is why using right now doesn’t work. Though this waterskin looks full, the water only appears under the light of the full moon, which is the reason for the clear spout…to let the moonlight strike the water. It’s also the reason I needed to wait to demonstrate it. I still don’t really understand how it works myself…just that it does. There is a place that I have found that seems to be a special mystical garden created by Leth…and that is where the water is found…along with many other curiosities.” He produced a handful of the eerily glowing pebbles from his pocket. “These, for example, glow like candles now, but the more you expose them to sunlight, they can turn into beacons of light that are almost blinding. I figured, however, that the water might interest you more…although I could certainly toss in a few of these ‘Lunatite’ pebbles if you wanted them for illumination purposes.”

He returned the pebbles and the waterskin to his belt.

“I can’t actually open the waterskin, since contact with sunlight would make my water vanish...the divine garden that I found is unique in that it only exists at night…during the day it is a barren wasteland, empty except for stones. Thus, anything that I take from there possesses the same qualities. Still…I’m sure that being able to vanish at least SOME of the time and walk through walls would be more useful that not being able to do it at all.”

Narration and Shadyn (normal text) -- Lanira (bold text) -- Thoughts and Xarrt's telepathic speech (italics)

NOTE: No matter what the language of conversation, Shadyn will almost always speak to Lanira in Nari, and she will use Nari with him, unless otherwise stated.
Shadyn
Master of Dictomancy

Words: 124526
Joined roleplay: August 29th, 2015, 8:34 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Yisanareysin on December 23rd, 2015, 5:52 am

Rey was seriously considering the possibility that he'd sat down with an insane person.

Water? This was the powerful object the human was offering? Oh, he'd said a bunch of words around it, but Rey didn't recognise the word blessed, or know who or what a Leth was. He did understand what the man was saying about the full moon though. It sounded like a scam, and not very well executed at that. And that horseshyke about not being able to open the waterskin, clearly to make sure that Rey couldn't disprove what he said. The pebbles... Rey had no explanation for those, but this was the city of illusions, after all.

Still, Rey had learned his lesson about assuming things, and it would only take a moment to check. So he sat back, in his chair, studying the waterskin. He took in a deep breath, and exhaled evenly, feeling as he did so magic creep out from his lungs, flooding through him, settling in until his sense tingled in him, his awareness heightened.

Rey turned to the pebbles first. No illusion, that he could tell. None of the sweet fragrance his dice had, or that illusionists did. This was magic, raw magic. He felt it hum in his ears, thrum in his chest. Not exceptionally powerful, but still, magic all the same. And the water..

Oh

Well, this was something. Raw magic, just like the pebbles. Rey wasn't quite certain what it was, or what it did, but there was a.. not an image, not even a thought, but the faintest impression of light, a flicker of glowing silver.

Alright, so this water was magic after all. But that did not necessarily mean it did what Shadyn said it did. Although he had to admit, it was now a lot more likely. Either ways, Reysin was now very interested in having that water.

Releasing his sense, Rey turned to the human, and smiled, resting heavily on the desk to hide his fatigue.

"Yesss. This is..." He struggled to find the common word he was looking for "acccepted. Willl ssseee your demonsstration sstill, but thisss iss a good agreement, sseemss. But." Rey leaned forwards, looking the human dead in the eye. "Trade in thiss type of itemss hass much danger. Sso I ssay now, hope it iss ass you ssay. Becausse one who sspeakss good of you in the right earss can alsso sspeak bad. We undersstand, yess?"

Snake Tongue : Common : Arumenic
ImageImageImage
Yisanareysin
Sneaky Snake Spy Extraordinaire

Words: 314458
Joined roleplay: June 8th, 2014, 7:40 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Sayana on February 27th, 2016, 9:25 pm

Don't forget to edit/delete your grade request. If there's anything I may have missed, please PM me and I'll be happy to look into it.

Reysin
Skills
  • Observation: 3
  • Investigation: 1
  • Stealth: 1
  • Subterfuge: 1
  • Auristics: 2
  • Tactics: 4
  • Rhetoric: 5
  • Intelligence: 1
  • Interrogation: 1
  • Negotiation: 4
  • Planning: 1
  • Persuasion: 1
  • Intimidation: 1
Lores
  • Stealth: Qualities of a good vantage point
  • Wind Eagle: Intelligence of a human
  • Shadyn: Inarta Endal with a trading business venture
  • Xarrt: Wind Eagle of Shadyn
  • Magical water that makes one immaterial
  • Tactics: Incorporating the potential for lying
  • Lunatite stones that glow
  • Negotiation: Insisting proof before sealing a deal

Shadyn
Skills
  • XP
Lores
  • Lore:
Comments
If you return, please update your ledger with any seasonal expenses and PM me so I can grade this.

Comments: Wonderful thread. I loved how skeptical Reysin was and how he was really thinking of whether it was a scam or not. Hence many points in tactics and also negotiation.

Your Grader,

Sayana
Boxcode design: Firenze
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Previous