Closed Trapped (Merevaika)

Claustrophobia on a Whole Other Level.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Trapped (Merevaika)

Postby Zephari on August 30th, 2015, 1:30 am

85th of Summer 515 AV
late afternoon, The Blue Bull

Everyone has habits and routines, some as simple as a cup of tea each morning, or things as complicated as constantly evolving martial training every other day. This is even more exaggerated while in a city. Getting up most every day, going to work, working, and moving on. Only every few days taking time to mix things up, not allowing for huge amounts of change or chaos in the life of a city goer.

This was slowly driving Zephari insane.

Having now spent the last two seasons in riverfall, Zephari found herself slipping into these types of habits and routines, the work, the daily places she would spend time at. Most of her nights that she came home from the mines and wasn't totally wrecked, she spent drinking at The Blue Bull. It had become her stress relief zone. It was a great place to unwind by partying with a bunch of random Akalaks whom she barely knew. This being a bi-daily occurrence has not helped the reduction in sanity.

On her days off Zephari would spend her time outside the city, exploring as far as she could, and by now she knew the area surrounding area of riverfall very, very well. But sadly she could only go so far, and it was very risky going out alone. She had been attacked several times, and run into wild animals. Luckily she had not had any really serious injuries other than a broken rib. For her entire life Zephari had found her happy place in exploring, and there was only so much to be done while confined to living within a city. Now even when exploring outside the city walls, Zephari found herself recognizing small details and places, even far outside the city limits by the southern cliffs. She was running out of happy place.

These were the thoughts on her mind as she walked the road from the Coalinga mines back to riverfall, knowing she was gonna want, and need a night out at The Blue Bull. The day had been rather hard, in that it was simply monotonous, uninteresting work. Recently Zephari had realized something needed to change, but she didn't know what. She enjoyed her job at the mines, and it was the most money she had ever made in her life by a massive amount, but it didn't feel right.

Reentering the city through it's massive guarded gates reinforced this feeling. It was something she had walked through over one hundred times now, and it certainly didn't feel right. Riverfall was a wonderfull and strange place, where she had experienced so many strange things she couldn't even count them at this point, but it still felt the same now, and that wasn't good. Knowing she couldn't resist, she just headed straight for her favorite place.

Upon arriving at the pub, she ordered her usual, spicy mix drink, but rather than join the crowd of cheering partiers like usual, she instead sat right at the bar in a slumped position. This was too big of a problem to just let slip. Sitting deep in thought for at least fifteen chimes, she didn't even notice how long had she sat there for.

This is the color of speech.
This is the color of thought.
Zephari
The Collector

Words: 107646
Joined roleplay: February 22nd, 2015, 7:27 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Trapped (Merevaika)

Postby Merevaika on August 30th, 2015, 7:38 pm

The hunting that day wasn't the most successful, and Merevaika returned home empty handed, on foot, and alone. She was hungry and wanted some warm building to go to, deciding not to return to the tent until later, when she had a full tummy and more enthusiasm.

The first place that looked like it would have food was a notorious tavern she had heard of, that went by the name of the Blue Bull. She entered without hesitation, and pushing through the crowd of cheering partiers, made her way towards the bar, ordering a meal and a mug of whatever ale they had. It was quickly handed over, the drink spilling out of the cup and landing on an old plate that harbored a simple piece of bread and hunk of meat.

Merevaika took it gratefully, paying the price, and searched for a place to sit, preferably away from the lively, drunk akalaks and humans that filled the majority of the room. She spotted Zephari, a Benshira she had met that season, slumped at the bar, and joined her, smiling where the woman didn't.

She ate the meat ravenously, tearing at it like vultures tore at flesh, only stopping to take a bite of the bread or a sip of the ale. Once her initial hunger and thirst had been satisfied, she turned to her companion.
"What's wrong?" she asked, noting her dull expression, "Riverfall not suiting you? Akalak bothering you? Missing home?" Her guesses were a reflection of her own thoughts. She needed Endrykas more than she imagined. Riverfall was missing all the things that made a city her home: horses, tents, the Sea of Grass. And those Akalak had no respect for her strider, not in the way the drykas did. That was home, and she was going to return as soon as she could.

ledgerDinner - 6sm
Ale -1sm
Pavi Common

Merevaika
Player

Words: 569615
Joined roleplay: November 8th, 2014, 9:33 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)

Trapped (Merevaika)

Postby Zephari on August 30th, 2015, 9:31 pm

The sound of an oddly familiar voice tore Zephari away from her sullen thoughts, confusing her slightly, but at least breaking her bad train of thought. "Oh hey, its you." she said, desperately trying to remember the name of this woman. "Yeah something like that. I'm used to traveling in a caravan year round, so I am getting pretty tired of being in one place... But I also like it here, so I don't really know what is wrong." Zephari answered, being a good bit more honest than she meant to. Either she didn't care about it anymore, or her drink was starting to take effect, probably both.

Turning around in her seat the benshira observed the cheering crowd of people. There was a drum and violin band playing in the big circle in the middle of the pub, which gave the place a very upbeat atmosphere. The sound of people laughing and talking was slightly calming to Zephari, but it wasn't quite enough to break her mood. "But no I don't exactly miss home, because my home was everywhere. I do miss the desert, but I can't say I'm homesick either."

Zephari's own words made her have a small realization. Everywhere... Riverfall is far from everywhere... Wait what is she doing here? I've never seen her in here before. Returning her gaze, now tinged with curiosity, Zephari inquired; "I don't think I have ever seen you in here before. I honestly can't remember your name, I'm not exactly good with names." This was a lie, she was normally very good with names, but for some reason couldn't remember this ladies name. "However I do remember you from the beach, that was certainly a weird day." she commented, remembering the day she had inherited the memories of the farmer boy Denrick. She quickly pushed the thought out of her mind as some of the boy's memories seeped into her train of thought.

oocThat other thread is basically done, our character have all the memories they can receive, so we can use whatever way want from that. I doubt more than a little discussion will happen in that thread so we shouldn't have too much continuity issues. Even if we do we can edit this

Zephari
The Collector

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Trailblazer (1)

Trapped (Merevaika)

Postby Merevaika on September 2nd, 2015, 7:26 pm

Merevaika was surprised when the woman started answering her questions honestly, considering that they barely knew each other. She was used to travelling all year round, sort of like Endrykas did. The thought brought a painful tang of homesickness. "Same kind of thing with me. Endrykas is always changing, moving, people coming and going. Riverfall is so bland compared to it. " She hated it. The permanent buildings and lack of tents wasn't the only difference. Endrykas was built for horses and hunters, while Riverfall just wasn't. It appeared that it was built so it wasn't good for horses.

Zephari couldn't remember her name, but brought up the beach, also asking why she visited the Blue Bull. "I'm Merevaika." She purposely left out the Stormchaser part of her name. As the last true Stormchaser, she felt alone when she used it. There was no pavilion left, so no name left. Except she still had it. "Zephari, right? The beach was..." Memories of the horse flickered in her mind, and she halted on a simple one: running through snow, the spiralling flakes landing on her back, the ground flying beneath her feet. "Anyway, I don't come here often. My first time, actually. But hunting didn't go well, and I was hungry, so I thought I'd get some food."

Merevaika took another bite of her meal, washing it down with a good bit of ale. Not the nicest taste, she found, but it wasn't too bad. There was much worse. Her tummy felt satisfied, and her throat no longer parched. Hunting around Endrykas is so much better. Everyone does it - there aren't fields to farm, you need to get food somehow. The Sea of Grass is always so extensive, so beautiful - dangerous too, but beautiful. The horses run wild there, and the tents are so welcoming..."

Merevaika pictured it all in her head. First, the grass, tall and well grown, not like the short one in the forest, deprived of rain and sunlight. The tents, like white sheets amongst the green, sitting in rows or spirals, burning campfire between them. Everywhere you went, smoke and meat and horse would fill the air. Home. She smiled, remembering. Planning. She would leave tomorrow , or the day after. She had to reach it soon, very soon. The journey would be far, dangerous and difficult, but she would have to cope. Merevaika needed home.
Pavi Common

Merevaika
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Trapped (Merevaika)

Postby Zephari on September 2nd, 2015, 8:33 pm

It was odd hearing that somebody was feeling the same way as her. That was the exact word for it, 'bland'. Putting her drink down on the bar, Zephari turned to look directly at Merevaika. She did seam to be genuinely in the same type of mood. This pleased Zephari in a slightly sick way, as it gave her that gratification that she wasn't just being crazy. A smile crept across Zephari's face as she had an idea.

"I've heard stories of Endrykas. It sounds like a harsh place to live, but it sounds like its worth it. Do you plan on returning soon?" Zephari inquired, hoping for the answer to be a yes. I remember when the city of tents was nearby, and there were all those people with horses around the city. And that strange man that didn't speak...

"I've been trying to figure something out, but I know so little of this region, and I don't really have any connections, so I am kinda stuck here." the benshira said, just audible over the cheers of the crowd as the band finished a song.

This is the color of others speech.
Zephari
The Collector

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Trailblazer (1)

Trapped (Merevaika)

Postby Merevaika on September 2nd, 2015, 9:06 pm

"Harsh?" That word didn't sound right. Harsh just wasn't the right why of putting it. It sounded too cruel, too severe. But she didn't argue any further with the choice of words. Zephari had asked her a question, and the answer was obvious. "I'm going back, very soon. Tomorrow or the day after."

"And you aren't stuck here. I'll be your connection. Come with me, to Endrykas." The idea sounded perfect in her head. The more people who went, the safer and easier it would be, as it would mean more people to help out and defend themselves. And it was also mean hiring a guide would be cheaper.

That was one thing she hadn't considered. They would need a guide. While back home she worked as a wilderness guide, she couldn't do it over this distance, as she had no way of finding the city. Only a webber could do it, and she couldn't web, not yet, anyway. They would need to hire a guide, and while that wouldn't be the cheapest, it would be possible.

" The journey won't be easy though. Almost half a season, travelling through danger. We'll need a guide, and equipment. Not easy, but worth it." Merevaika nodded her head enthusiastically. "Definitely worth it!" Merevaika needed someone to join her, and Zephari was just the person. Hopefully, the woman though that too.
Pavi Common

Merevaika
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Trapped (Merevaika)

Postby Zephari on September 3rd, 2015, 12:26 am

Zephari grew a real smile at this. For once going to this bar actually solved a problem! Shaking her head, making she she was actually awake, Zephari raised her mug you Merevaika. "To solving both of our problems!" she shouted, then downed the rest of her drink. It burned all the way down, but it was a damn good burn. Placing the empty mug on the bar, Zephari put her elbow on the bar, and her chin on her hand.

"What do you say we plan for the day after tomorrow? I have work stuff I have to wrap up, and don't really think I can do it all in just tonight and tomorrow. And I have to say goodbye to a friend." Zephari requested, hoping this wasn't too unreasonable of a request.

oocSorry for the super short post, just not much TO post right here. I'd say we are almost done here? Maybe Merevaika could suggest a place for them to meet and when? If you don't want i I can have Zephari come up with that.

Zephari
The Collector

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Trailblazer (1)

Trapped (Merevaika)

Postby Merevaika on September 3rd, 2015, 8:42 am

"To solving out problem!" Merevaika chorused with Zephari, downing her drink as well, before spluttering, the drink having gone down into her lungs. After a short bout of coughs, she listened to what Zephari had to say about it. Tomorrow was out of the question, but the day after was perfect.

"Of course! Gives me time to get ready too." The drykas thought as she swallowed the last of her dinner. It would be good to meet to find a guide together, so both were happy with it. "Meet back here, just outside, to look for a guide? How about the 12th bell? Will you be able to make it?"

They would be escaping very soon. Bad feelings about the lack of success with hunting had vanished, replaced with excitement about going back home. The smile on her face was large, genuine and perfect, showing her feeling exactly. I can't wait," she grinned, finally happy.
Pavi Common

Merevaika
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Trapped (Merevaika)

Postby Zephari on September 6th, 2015, 4:09 am

She agreed, perfect. I can't believe I am actually gonna get back out on the road! Shaking her head, trying to rid herself of her drunken haze, Zephari stood, wobbling slightly. One stabilized, she turned to Merevaika, and shook her hand. "I'll see you here, then...? I need to get home and put stuff together, I'll see you later."

And with that the benshira stumbled out of the bar, heading home.

oocOk I am gonna write my packing up thread, and then we can do the guide thread. Should take me more than a few days.

Zephari
The Collector

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Trailblazer (1)

Trapped (Merevaika)

Postby Konrad Venger on March 8th, 2016, 1:15 am

Nice job! Your work has pleased The Sloth!

Zephari

As before, once your Seasonal Expenses for Winter, 515AV are deducted from your Ledger, I'll douse you in creamy XP-and-Lore awesomeness!

Merevaika

XP:
Socialization - 3
Logic - 1
Planning - 1

Lore:
Taverns: It Gets Loud
Riverfall: A Gilded, Horse-Hating Cage
Endrykas: Home, Forever
Logic: Safety In Numbers

Click Me! :
Awww, this was actually kinda adorable! I like how the two of you clicked so quickly, and the agreement to move together didn't seem as forced at it should have been (known each other three chimes and planning to cross a continent together? Wow... nice). I loved happy Mere was by the end of it, too.

Oh, and please make sure you go back and edit your post in the Request Thread to reflect the fact this one is now done and dusted. PM me with any questions and later 'tater!

||Common||Thoughts||Pavi||Fratava||Myrian||Other's Speaking||
Note: As of Fall 517AV, Konrad is known only as "Hansel" in Endrykas
Konrad Venger
Long is The Way and Hard

Words: 1060755
Joined roleplay: November 23rd, 2015, 4:05 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 4