Destined for Calamity [open]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Re: Destined for Calamity [open]

Postby Kavala on December 10th, 2009, 8:53 am

The guards looked sternly at the kelvic. They were starting to suspect something was up with him, though they didn't press. Akalakans were warriors, but their whole traditions and very origins swirled around Wysar and his discipline. They were exceedingly hard to bait or to rouse to anger. But they were very forceful in their beliefs. And it would be nothing to bar the man from the city, especially if he had no specific business in Riverfall. Both of them knew drifters were trouble, especially ones with bad attitudes. "Well, it is obvious the pits did not teach you manners. And to be around Riverfall, you must have some. So unless you have some real business here, and tell us what that is, we expect you to head back to wherever it is you came from..." Their message was clear. They were not letting him through the gates. Especially not with his attitude. Several of the warriors in the crowd stepped forward, loitering, without actually seeming to be around. It was obvious unless Kotoki made nice with the guards, he wasn't getting into the city at all.

Meanwhile Kavala smiled at Evarette. "Well met you two." Kavala said softly, including the horse in her greeting. She sounded sincere. "I hope you find your brother here. I do not know most of the males, but in the two months I've been here, they've been helpful for certain. If I can help, I'd be glad too, though truthfully I wouldn't know where to start asking for him." The konti said softly. Her brogue was light, as if she was loosing it being among the Akalak. "And I know the grasslands well..." Kavala said, though she didn't elaborate.

Her attention had turned towards the guards, the shirtless man, and watched as the situation seemed to escalate without it truly turning ugly.
The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Previous