[Note by Antipodes] Öcsi Gottschalk (WIP)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Öcsi Gottschalk (WIP)

Postby Ocsi Gottschalk on March 13th, 2016, 1:16 am

Alias: Öcsi Gottschalk.

Race: Human.
Date of Birth: 1st Spring 486. (31 years old)
Height: 6'5.
Weight: 220lbs.

Profession: Laborer. (Approval Pending)
Languages Fluent Common.
Öcsi Gottschalk

Physical Appearance:

Standing at 6'5 feet tall, Öcsi's presence usually stands out from the crowds. Gentle features make their way through the crowds, sometimes offering a smile but always presenting himself as polite and somewhat refined. His hair is long and always tied into a braid, hair bleached at the top of his head, while his dark brown braid usually rests on his shoulders or loosely sways on his back. A well-conditioned beard covers his features, presenting its natural color and creating a small contrast between the dark color of the facial hair, the light scalp and the somewhat pale skin. A small septum decorates his nose, not made of anything special as it seems merely rimmed with silver. His eyes are brown, most times giving him a rather sleepy or slumbering appearance as they move with laziness or pure apathy.

No matter the ocasion, Ocsi is often seen wearing the same clothes, which despite being clean, often appear extremely wrinkled and poorly maintained. On his back he carries a falx sword, which rarely leaves his back even when simply shopping at the market. Born a tenor, his words are soft and low in most situations, which combined with his stoic manners and aloof attitude could very well place him in the laid back kind.

Personality:

Aloof and easily distracted, Öcsi's overall personality can be characterized by his apathy towards every aspect of life. His train of thought often changes in the middle of a sentence, his interest is ignited by tiny details and his persona doesn't seem to be bothered by any problems. His words are always polite and soft, just as his expressions that are often topped with one of his light smiles. Other than that, he doesn't speak much and when he does he barely has the power or interest to carry out a proper conversation. His motions, in consequence, are also soft and even slow. Nonetheless, it is clear that when it is his turn to speak, he does so in a way that appeals to the ear of the listener.

History:

Born in Riverfall to a bard and a chef, Öcsi's life is charactericed by its plainness. There were no tragic deaths or or experiences of note that have shaped his life, which is almost incredible due to how brutal Mizahar often is. Energic and creative, Öcsi spent most of his childhood in the streets, exploring and playing almost until midnight. He gathered hundreds of stories, which he then began sharing with friends and family, which turned him into a respected storyteller regardless of his age.

On his teens, Öcsi accidentaly overcame the barriers of his mind, unlocking Hypnotism throughout pure chance. The ability seem to come to him almost naturally, and without really understanding it at first, it became a tool of his trade, helping him charm those that listened to his stories and helping him earn extra coin as a charlattan. However, this new talent of his came at a price, for he became so used to flaring emotions in others that his own started to die out. Öcsi became more and more aloof, rarely ventured out in the streets to find more stories to tell, and falling into a strange form of apathy that has followed him around ever since.

The further he abused his art, the worse his condition grew. It was only a couple of years ago when this sloth of his pushed him to seek shortcuts to life. It wasn't enough that he made a living by sharing fake stories; he now sought ways to make a living from the safety of his bed. This need to do less and less was so fierce it pushed him outside of his comfort zone, into an investigation and research that lead him towards Summoning; a world magic unwelcome in the city, and yet practiced in private and clandestine locations. With his charm, Öcsi managed to find a willing tutor to teach him the basics, as well as the astral coordinates for a world full of possible minions.

In Winter of the year 517, Öcsi moved out of his parent's house and settled into Syka, mainly to procrastinate on the paradisiac beaches - but also because he no longer wanted to do chores at home.

Housing:

Öcsi just arrived at Syka. As such, he has yet to be assigned a piece of land.

Skills:

SkillExperienceTotalRank
Hypnotism 26(SP) 26 Competent
Storytelling 14(SP) 14 Novice
Summoning 5(SP) 5 Novice
Wilderness Survival (Tropical) 5(SP) 5 Novice
####
####
####

Lores:

Hypnotism: Emotional Response
Summoning: Zaiden Astral Coordinates
Lore 3
Lore 4
Lore 5
Lore 6
Lore 7
Lore 8
Lore 9
Lore 10
Lore 11
Lore 12

Possessions:

• Simple Shirt
  • Simple Pants
  • Simple Undergarments
  • Simple Cloak or Coat
  • Simple Boots
  • 1 Waterskin
  • 1 Backpack which contains:
  • Comb (Wood)
  • Brush (Wood)
  • Soap
  • Razor
  • Balanced Rations (1 Week’s Worth)
  • 1 eating knife
  • Flint & Steel
  • 100 Gold Mizas
  • Common Book 'Sorvoiving the Jonkle'

Heirloom: 1 Falk Sword, which Öcsi got his parents to pay for just for the sake of looking more interesting. He has only used it once; to spread some butter on bread. If one looks closely enough, the butter stain is still on the unwashed blade. Valued at 25 GM.

Ledger:

NameCreditDebitTotal
Starting Package100gm#100gm
Common Book 'Sorviving the Jonkle' #-50 GM 50 GM
####
####

Threads:

DateName
Day, Season, Year#
##
##
##
##
##
##
Ocsi Gottschalk
Don't let them control you.

Words: 12123
Joined roleplay: March 13th, 2016, 1:11 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Öcsi Gottschalk (WIP)

Postby Antipodes on December 30th, 2017, 7:11 am

Hello there, it appears you are a bit lost! Please allow me to be your guide.

I'm Antipodes, a CS Liaison here on Miz, and I'm here to help you achieve the coveted green check mark. In order to do so, however, there are some minor changes that you need to make. Please note that you will have to cease play until these issues are resolved.

☉ Initiation into Hypnotism Aside from Divine - gnosis - magic, characters cannot simply suddenly 'unlock' magic on their own free will. It does not miraculously manifest, not even with hard work. A character must be initiated into a magical discipline in order to use said magic. Please edit your history to reflect this.
    ☉ Initiation into Summoning I understand your reasoning for initiating Ocsi into Summoning but it is not something that could be done in Riverfall as there are no NPCs with that magic (and, as you mentioned, it is frowned upon). Please edit your history to reflect this and to show he had to travel elsewhere to study this particular magic.
Do let me know via pm once the necessary edits have been made. I welcome you to touch base with me if you have any and all questions about the issues listed above or about the site, in general. My job is to help, after all, and I will do what I can to assist you as best as I am able. Remember, don't get overwhelmed and enjoy! You'll be writing with the rest of us in no time :)
cs review starting package cs help cs templates discord
Antipodes
your guide to the other side

Words: 42671
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2017, 9:14 pm
Race: Staff account
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)