PM to join [Alexander] "His eyes - as green as a fresh pickled toad...

Alexander gets a love letter. Nora's the unlucky messenger.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Alexander] "His eyes - as green as a fresh pickled toad...

Postby Nora Maiden on March 8th, 2016, 9:23 pm

--As of Spring 14th, 516AV

Her client’s name will be withhold from this matter. Thus, for the cause of this whole affair, the client will be therefore referred as “X”. Gender neutral, identity top-secret. Everybody’s happy (except nobody will).

Nora herself knew of of X’s identity, of course. Nora had to stay up all night in X’s apartments, swearing secrecy for good ol’ times sake. She had lost sleep. She had, however, gained at least a dozen gray hairs at her scalp. The greatest thing, though, was how she had struggled to maintain control. Why? Because, even if she and X had been acquaintances for some time, she had to admit to herself that X’s poetry – X’s very soul, laid bare against the sheets of messily ink-stained paper – was such a fascinating and beautifully tragic piece of shyke!

And there was simply no way Nora could have managed to save her client’s reputation. Even if the catastrophe had yet to occur. She had tried, damn it, and yet!
Lo’, the daybreak rises over Syliras, and thus beget the fall of Nora Maiden’s reputation.

She found out where Alexander’s daily guard routines happened to cross with her own ways. Then the bard tried to catch him, locking their eyes – so that she could then walk up to the young man, clear her throat and, with all of her might, try to sound official. “Are you mister Alexander Faircroft, sir?” She hoped her face will be straight enough. She hoped that she won’t accidentally burst out laughing in the middle of the performance. Hoped that this will go as well as it can. Hoped that there wasn’t nobody in this hall that would recognize her face. Yes. She hoped. “I’m here to deliver a message. From…” Oh no. A mild stutter. Keep trying, idiot!—Your secret admirer.

X was her… her friend, she guessed, so she couldn’t just make this a mess. It will be a mess, sure, but… maybe she could… you know… limit the collateral damage…?
Yes. She kept on hoping as passionately as a young woman can. Maybe that’ll keep her voice steadier.

No way that’ll help. R.I.P., me.
Nora Maiden
"Damn it, quicksilver was more consistent!"

Words: 11259
Joined roleplay: March 8th, 2016, 12:35 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Alexander Faircroft on March 8th, 2016, 9:54 pm

Description "Alex Common" Alex thoughts "Myrian" "Fratava" "Others"
Alex arose early that morning. A thin layer of stubble around his chin and yaw, which he didn’t care to shave. He’d been feeling a little down. A face lingered in his mind. Forty days had passed and still she held a spot in his mind. He was beginning to curse his mind, the memory of his never failing him aiding him in every situation he needed yes but that store never ran dry with darkness and sorrow. Alex donned his armour and the menagerie of blades he kept strapped and secreted amongst his person.

Stepping out into the softly rolling gentle breeze of the early spring air Alex took a deep breath hoping that having something to do would allow him a cleared if not preoccupied mind. A short stroll through the streets of Syliras. A simple patrol near the main gates of the city today. Open and free for him to just meet and greet people basic duties about him. Nothing could potentially ruin his day or even the shred of a good mood he held within him.

Leaning against the wall of the gates Alex leant against one of the stone castle walls. Half awake and half a sleep. Nightmares and less than restful dreams had been plaguing him but he still tried to hold on to some semblance of normality. A short time less than a couple of bells into his shift he noticed a pair of eyes leering at him from the crowd. A pair of soft brown eyes peering through the ever shifting mass of people. The moment his eyes locked onto hers she started to advance. Instinctively his hand out of sight slipped behind his back grabbing a hold of the handle of the dagger at his back.

“Yes. I’m Alexander Faircroft. Just Alex will suffice though.” His eyes studied her features peering over her form trying to etch it into his mind. It already was and wouldn’t be leaving any time soon. His hand tightened on the hilt of his dagger just out of her vision range and as she said she had a message to deliver he feared the worst until he heard the words “secret admirer.” His hand let go of the dagger at his waist and fell to his side as he turned to face her.

Alex now turned to face her fully towering over her as he stood up fully, laced and lined with blades as he cocked his head to the side lightly. “What do you mean “secret admirer”? I’m sure you’ve got the wrong person. I just lurk in the shadows." He tried to pass it off that perhaps she had the wrong person Alex had done his absolute best to simply hide out and not stand out from the crowd. Not in appearance, nor in actions. He tried to be a regular guy. A normal squire. At least as much as his beliefs would allow him too.
Alexander Faircroft
A criminal, without a crime.

Words: 945306
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2016, 9:21 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Nora Maiden on March 8th, 2016, 10:20 pm

Ooh, he turned for his sword and—no, nothing. Of course not. Nora had tensed for a bit there, though, suddenly taken a glimpse of what this could have looked from Alexander’s point of view: she, an stranger’s face, a steadfast pace towards him, and known target, but unknown intent. She should have been more casual. That was the point, was it not?!

This should just be… done. The more she will struggle, the bigger will be the need for it. Nora guessed she was lucky to stop herself now, better than later. Who knows what would have happened if she wouldn’t had done the things she did now: a bit deeper inhale than the others before it, and a move for more relaxed stance. She’ll need it later for the singing part.

Just do it.

Hm?” But instead of a simple “okay, what is it? the squire had inquired about X’s identity… No. It wasn’t even about that! First there was a glimpse of a smile on Nora’s lips, her eyes widening at the realization – shyke, he’s cute, - and then the glimpse urged something even more wonderful: a shrug. “Alexander Faircroft. Says it right here.” She pulled out an envelope from the inside of her cloak. Still a glimmer of a amused smile, and her voice took an upbeat turn to it when readind out loud: “F a i r c r o f t. Yep. Not “Faircraft”. “Faircrotch?” Does an unlucky guy like that even exist…?” She mused to herself – then raised her eyes.
Because right there it was! Right when her whole lame jokes deal kicked in. Maybe the “r.i.p. me” thing wasn’t done yet. Maybe – even if now feeling a bit more unsprung and maybe, just maybe a bit more hopeful, and now with a reason, - she still won’t be able to shake of the bad feeling that her reputation will suffer. One way or another.

Alexander could always casually break his vows and come crash her performance at the tavern.

At least her smile wasn’t gone yet; it will take a few more moments for Alexanders’ reaction to erase these little sparks of amusement. “Seems the whole “lurking in shadows” deal hasn’t stopped my anonymous client. Maybe it even adds to your allure? … But what do I know, right.” Another shrug.
Nora Maiden

Character sheet

Postby Alexander Faircroft on March 8th, 2016, 10:50 pm

Who in the heck would be an admirer of him? What had he exactly done to warrant such a thing? Still the letter she produced said exactly that. It was for him, even after her spelling it out and then surmising it wasn’t either of the two possible rather crappy renditions of his name still he brushed them off giving her a mildly now curious if sharp look. “Alright I get the picture it’s for me. Now can you please stop butchering my name? I get enough grief from the other squires for it I don’t need them getting any more ammunition.”

He now shifted his arms up to cross in front of his chest as she spoke about him trying to stay out of the spot light, being something that added to his appeal…But what did she know? Alex shook his head. “I’ve no idea. I try to stay unnoticed to avoid things like this, still please. What’s the message?” Alex gave her a rather sharp look now sterner than before but less one of annoyance just impatience. He was wondering if it had come from someone he knew, or perhaps someone he knew had left the city.

“Also if someone had a message why wouldn’t they come to deliver it to me in person? I’m not that frightening.” Ales sighed lightly examining her fully looking over her person looking for any possibility of a lie or any hint of who the letter could have been from however He had a sneaking suspicion it could have been from her. No matter which way the cards in this instance fell Alex wasn’t going to be leaving this area with as much of his dignity intact. That much he knew as a fully-fledged fact.

“Can we get on with the proceedings, please? I’m kind of in the middle of my shift and I’d like to get on with it else if my patron sees me I’m going to have some serious trouble explaining to him what exactly I’m doing.” Alex could feel a small rising irritation in him but still it was held at bay with an overwhelming sense of calm and evenness in his voice.

Alexander Faircroft

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Nora Maiden on March 14th, 2016, 1:43 pm

Butchering” his name? She wasn’t even trying! It wasn’t her fault this Alexander had such a… fortunate… name. All in all, he should try to relax. Should follow in the bard’s example. After all, Nora wasn’t a bully – she just wanted to loosen him up. “Hey, sticks and stones, yeah? Words ain’t gonna hurt you.” … Which was an awful phrase. Totally not helpful. Everyone knew that. She grinned again: “Okay, that’s not true - but! I’m not wishing you ill, if that’s what you’re thinking of.

And, oh, how impatient he was. No matter. Nora won’t skip to the action so soon. He’ll have to wait for it at least for a few more moments. Patience was a virtue they both had to learn, no? “I don’t know, but I’d guess my client has a certain approach to the art of wooing.” Nora wouldn’t push him for giving them a chance, though. This wasn’t her affair. In fact, this wasn’t Alexander’s affair, too – it sounded like this was the last thing he thought would happen when he woke up this morn. She wouldn’t blame him if a swift rejection would be his endgame. “Speaking of which, I have to give you this.” And she pulled out a sealed letter out of her pockets. It wasn’t really sealed, just a closed envelope. So much for dedication. Inside there was a message, written in cursive and… at least not decorated with roses and silly drawings of a couple kissing. Which almost would have been, if not for Nora and some common sense, damn it! “As you can read there, my client wants to meet you tonight. At midnight, near the Wishing well. You must look out for their crimson-red hat.

And now – the proceedings.
She cleared her throat.

Now was the time for her singing voice to save the day.

You perfect-handsome-passionate-wonderful, you
And I think I should feel sorry for you and your lonely soul
Yes, oh, yes, with eyes as green as a toad
Yes, oh, yes, with eyes the colour of the swamp I picked the toad up

You’re mine, now let’s walk hand-in-hand, whenever the night would take us
I haven’t gotten enough, just like children playing the hopscotch,

Because you’re a knight in the streets
But a killer in the sheets!~

…Yeah, the lyrics were awful. As awful as lyrics could be. This wasn’t poetry. This was… just no. At least her voice was a different thing. It rang like bells, the sound as clear and pretty as she could make it be. Because she was trying! And in her trying… Well, her singing was loud. It certainly would attract attention.

And, while singing, she took a glimpse towards the knight, as if waiting for a signal to shut up and get on her way. Not caring where. Just away from here: where a crime had just taken place, and it wasn't just her pride being slaughtered.
Nora Maiden

Character sheet

Postby Alexander Faircroft on March 15th, 2016, 1:19 am

Alex Sighed upon hearing her words. “Sorry, it’s just been a rough couple of days. I know you don’t mean ill but, yeah…” Alex spoke the words slowly realizing he’d potentially been a little too harsh and forthright with his wording of things. Alex had now to keep track of a constant flow of traffic and be polite to this woman in front of him. His eyes flicked over the people entering and leaving the city, just in case of things going on. A certain approach to the art of Wooing? What in the heck was she on about? Alex took a half step back and gave her a look his right eyebrow raised as he did so.

She had something to give him? Alex took the letter from her hands, his steel clad fingers lightly handling the paper. As he was about to read it, but then She spoke for him, saving him the trouble…If that was all shouldn’t she have just told him? He shot her a look that was so deadpan it could have frozen the air in the space between them. Still the then caught a hold of an idea, she could have been sent by someone who should have left the city by now. Fifteen days almost she should have been gone from the city. Then he caught the sound of her clearing her throat. What exactly was she planning no-Oh gods no…

The song caught him in stunned silence, a horrific turn of events mixed lightly with a sheer shock that almost felt like it was choking him. At the end of the song he was fairly certain eh knew who it was who’d sent the message, however that didn’t need to be broadcast to the WHOLE of syliras, and a good portion of Mizahar. He took a deep breath and leered at her hearing the sniggers and chuckles of passers bay, he himself hardening his gaze, for someone usually so light and approachable. He turned cold, very gold his eyes hardened as he stared at her.

“When you’re quite finished…” Alex sighed slowly feeling the looks of confusion, laughter, enjoyment, and schadenfreude. People revelling in the abject embarrassment he’d been placed into. He could feel the colour creeping into his face but forced it down, he was more irritated that that was an actual thing than the fact he’d been publicly humiliated.

Alexander Faircroft

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Nora Maiden on March 18th, 2016, 12:02 am

She had informed the Faircroft guy about her role here, after all.
Wait. Had she informed the Faircroft guy about her role here? She had, hadn’t she? Pfft, of course she had! Maybe. Uh-oh. Because she probably had not.

She—she shouldn’t take her leave now, right?

Okay, thanks, bye”. Could she just spurt this out? And maybe! Maybe even a “see ya’ later, mister Faircroft, which, I hope, will be, like, NEVER” – and, yes, spoken just like that, all clear and loud words to a guy in full armor and a sword at his side; because what’s a better morning workout than a swift chase scene over the sunshine land that was their home?

She had all these plans laid out. She almost would believe them, if only not for the Faircroft guy’s expression, all stark eyes and a cold gaze. So, what did Nora do?

She finished the song in a closing note – as if pointing out that, nay, the song was finished, if only an observant bystander wouldn’t notice the certain manner in which Alexander had her interrupted, and how her body language responded: a bit too fast, a bit too expressive. Because the singstress bowed, her gesture almost a song just like her message had been, and her words just as clear as her voice: “My client sends their best regards, and they hope this message will linger in your heart just as their passion lingers in theirs; this message conveying the simple, yet powerful feelings of love!” As saying these words, Noras eyes darted from one point in her surrounding to another. No way that’ll escape Alexander’s notice. If he’s observant enough. “At your service, the singstress, uh—” A sign for grievous consequences for littering, “the bright future of Syliras’ culture, lady Nolitta—” a stray cat, there, a… what even was that? “Catherina!

If only Alexander would have turned around – and he will at some point – he would notice them all, but for now: a “Thank you for your time.”, and then Nora turned as if taking her leave.
Nora Maiden

Character sheet