PM to join Green Faced, Brown Handed(Jade)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Green Faced, Brown Handed(Jade)

Postby Draven McNiel on March 8th, 2016, 10:46 am

8th Day of Spring, 516

Draven ran a hand through his hair before sighing, somewhat unprepared for his latest assignment, he was to be a stable hand for the day. Draven had no ability when it came to caring for horses, nor did he have much of an interest in them for example. But being contacted to take care of this for a single day wouldn’t be too bad as long as it put some money in his pockets. He stood outside one of the barns, apparently the horses ready for sale were kept here, or so he was he told. ”Now where’s the person I’m supposed to be assisting at?” He muttered to himself as he looked around, he knew that he was a good bit early, but he was also a slightly impatient person.

Draven walked up to one of the horses sticking their heads out of what appeared to be a window, the top part of the paddock door. ”Ya alright there buddy? Need some air huh?” Draven spoke to the horse as if he expected some sort of reply back. ”Don’t worry, imma only be here today, then get straight outta your hair.” He said with a small chuckle giving the animal a rub on the head, though unlike dogs horses didn’t seem to give that big a reaction.

He saw the animal looking at him, Draven couldn’t read animals so he just reacted by talking about himself. ”Well you see, I’m a mercenary, not only that but I offer to do anything...You get what I mean? So what this means is that I do anything for money, even clean horse shyke.” Draven said patting the animal once more, however the horse sneezed right at that moment. The direction just so happened to be in Draven’s face, as mucus landed on his face Draven removed his hand from the horse and deadpanned. ” Yeah....Imma have to let go of our friendship now.” He said with a frown, his hand twitching at his side.
Draven McNiel
Player

Words: 79666
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2015, 7:13 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Jade Laken on March 8th, 2016, 7:17 pm

J A D E L A K E N

Timestamp: 8 Spring 516

Jade whistled while she walked to work. She had heard rumors of a guy coming in to help out in the stables for the first few days of spring. The newest group of horses had arrived so it was time to work on the stalls and checking the hooves as well as washing the new arrivals. Jade walked inside of the stables whistling before seeing the man. She opened the doors so that everyone coming in to buy or see the new arrivals would know the stables are opened. Jade turned and saw the man talking to sneezer. She started to snicker covering her mouth so she doesnt die laughing.

"You've met Sneezer I see," Jade said while trying to hold in her laughter and walking over to the pair.

She grabbed a couple of clean rags offering one to the man and cleaning the stallion's face.

"There big boy all nice and clean," Jade said with a smile as the stallion pushed against her some before raising his head again.

Jade turned to the man taking a deep breath to collect herself. Smiling gently at him she heard Diria kicking the stall door.

"DIRIA NO MA'AM BEHAVE!" Jade shouted looking at the mare as she lowered her head.

"Any ways my name is Jade. How can we help you?" Jade said with a smile looking at the man before her.

Jade Laken
Even the most confident fall to fear

Words: 194195
Joined roleplay: September 12th, 2014, 2:03 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Draven McNiel on March 9th, 2016, 7:15 am

Draven was a little surprised at the appearance of another person, of course he should have expected as such as this was the biggest supplier of horses and horse goods that he knew of. ”Yep, seriously wonder how the hell he got that name.” Draven said with a bit of mirth in his voice as he took the rag that was offered to him. He rubbed his face with the rag and used that to hide his face just a little. ”Damn...That was embarrassing.” He thought to himself as he let his face peek out of the rag to give the horse a glare.

After fully cleaning his face he straightened out his back and stretched, he’d have to make sure that he didn’t embarrass himself anymore. ”Ah, that I am.” He said in reference to her talking to the horse named sneezer to get a less embarrassing laugh out. He however jumped once more at the sound of a stall door being kicked. ”Ah, spirited horse…” He said with a tinge of nervousness in his voice. Trying new things was always a good thing, but he wasn’t sure about this one...That kick sounded powerful. However the woman’s gentle smile seemed to calm him just a bit.

”Confidence Draven, fake it or make it, I can do this.” He took in a deep breath at the question being asked of him. ”Nice to meet ya, I’m Draven, been hired to help out for a bit!” He said standing up fully straight, hands to his side and his feet pressed next to one another. ”Make sure to work me to death!” He said with a big smile; somehow having assumed straight away she worked here from the way she knew how to deal with the horses.

”Just wondering...What’s that smell? Reeks a little in here, wonder just where these guys go do y’know.” He said hoping that he wouldn’t have to deal with it somehow. ”I’m way out of my depth here.”
Draven McNiel
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Jade Laken on March 10th, 2016, 1:45 am

J A D E L A K E N

"That is what we will be working on today. But first let me go get everything we need," Jade said with a smile as she checked the schedule and made a not of who all needed new shoes and clippings.

"Let me get Diria out first. She is the least likely to nip at you. Besides I need to take her out and wash her while I get you started on mucking out the stalls," Jade said walking back out of the tack room with what she would need.

Jade put her bucket of brushes and clippers down. Before turning to the mare and flicking her nose. Snorting and shaking out her mane the mare backed and allowed her rider into the stall. Jade walked into the stall and rubbed the mare's muzzle before looking back to the man.

"This is my mare, Diria. She is a Zavian so she is normally very relaxed. Though she will have days that being cooped up has made her restless," Jade explained and walked the mare out of the stall without a lead showing her where to stand outside so she could graze, "I am going to wash her after showing you how to muck the stalls."

The gray eyed woman said to the man gently before bringing in the wagon, rake, and shovel. Jade made sure he was watching before going in with the rake and getting most of the loose hay raked into piles with the not so loose hay. She had become accustomed to the smell and looked at the man.

"Once everything is raked together get the scoop and put it in the wagon. Once everything is picked up bring it outside and I will show you were to dump it and where to get the water to clean the stall properly," Jade said showing him how to clean the piles up.

Jade Laken

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Draven McNiel on March 13th, 2016, 7:48 pm

8th Day of Spring, 516 AV

Draven almost got his hopes up for a second, expecting someone else to take care of that smell that he had a good idea of; as it turned out though he would be dealing with it causing him to sigh just a little. ”Ah, poop patrol here we come!” He said in a mock gutsy pose, pumping up a fist yet his face was marred by a dry expression. However his instructions weren’t done yet, so Draven listened once more and nodded. Diria was it? If he remembered correctly that was the horse that had just kicked her stall door. Draven didn’t want to be on the receiving end of that…

”Yeah...nipping isn’t really the scary part...Cleaning the stalls seems that much better now” He said giving a thumbs up, trying to somewhat lighten his own mood up. He took in a deep breath and mentally hyped himself up; his negativity shouldn’t be spilling out like that. Draven usually had a good grasp on staying positive but when it came to something he had never tried it was much harder to keep it in check. ”Yeah, guess that makes sense; I might end up a little grumpy being cooped up as well, though I guess she gets her revenge during the daily stall clean ups huh?” Draven said chuckling slightly. He looked at the mare for a second finding a slight interest in horses she seemed so relaxed around her owner, yet Draven found it doubtful she’d react the same around him.

Draven saw her carry in the tools for him to clean the stalls, knowing full well it wasn’t going to be comfortable for him to do so. However ever he stepped in closer to the stall and watched carefully, so he had to rake everything together and dump it into the wagon; that seemed easy enough for him. ”Seems simple enough let me take over.” He said as he thought it over, however once the scent hit him directly Draven flinched a little, his nose scrunched up quickly. ”Not gonna get used to that.” He said knowing full well that Stormhold almost stunk just as bad. Draven held out his hand however hoping to get the rake in hand, if he was busy with something he had no time to worry about any smell. ”Just one question though, should I rake it into a corner or in front of the stall, don’t wanna accidentally mess up the shoveling part.”

Credit for boxcode goes to Karin
Draven McNiel
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Jade Laken on March 16th, 2016, 2:38 pm

J A D E L A K E N

Timestamp:

Jasmine looked over to the man and laughed gently at the face he made when he got a good whiff of the smell. She knew that growing up around horses had made her slightly use to it. The woman handed the rake over and went to get the mare with a smile.

"Oh and the smell isn't so bad once you have gotten used to it," Jade said before walking outside with a brushes, picks, and clippers.

Diria snorted and trotted around her owner wanting to play. Jade laughed watching her. She shook her head and held up one of the brushes as the mare instantly stopped. The drykas walked over and brushed her out with a smile knowing she would calm down and relax. Diria lowered her head and began to graze as Jade set forth to work out the knots. Patting her side Jade switched the brush from one hand to the other and continued to work on getting the mare brushed down. Stepping back the woman coughed and waved away the dirt confused about how the mare had gotten so much dirt on her in the stall.

"Only you could get this much dirt on you," Jade said blowing a strand of hair from her face.

Diria nickered at the woman almost laughing at her. Jade growled looking at her not impressed by her actions. Taking a long deep breath Jade continued to work as finally the mare was brushed down and most of the dirt was off of her. The mare shook out looking at the woman before running forward and stopping to lay and roll in the dirt. Jade groaned and chunked the brush as it hit Diria in the back of the head making the horse stop.

"Get your tail over here and stop making this worse than it has to be. You are just showing out cause there is a new worker today,' Jade said and pointed to right in front of her.

The mare got up and walked over with her head low knowing how much trouble she would be in. Jade walked over and grabbed the brush before walking back. Sighing gently the woman patted the mare gently on the neck. She spoke gently to the mare not wanting her to feel bad.

"I know it's exciting dear, but you have to let me get you cleaned up," Jade said gently looking into the mare's eyes.

Diria snorted and stood still like the trained horse she was allowing the woman to start the brushing mare down.

Jade Laken

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Draven McNiel on March 19th, 2016, 5:48 pm

8th Day of Spring, 516 AV

Draven took the rake in hand and gripped it tightly, trying to breath through his mouth to avoid the smell distracting him from this task, though now it was starting to feel as if he could taste it which caused his face to screw up. ”I sure hope so, though I hope I’m done way before I do.” He said with a smile on his face, he watched Jade leave and then began on the work. He raked the stall slowly, he put his right hand on the top of the grip and his left halfway down the shaft.

Draven moved his left hand allowing the tip of the rake to move, though it was scraping off the floor more than it was picking up any of the hay on the floor. The loose hay was being moved easily enough however Draven’s resistance to putting in more strength into his hand to scrape it off was making it take extra time, however he managed to separate it from the floor slowly. He continuously scraped the rake of the hay until it loosened until he moved onto another stubborn bit of hay. ”Cleaning up shyke for the day, definitely getting closer to reaching my old man huh?” Draven muttered to himself, he tried to tuck his nose into the crease of his arm in an attempt to take in a deep breath of fresh air.

[shadow=green]”Nope.”[/color] He thought to himself as he pulled his face out, coughing somewhat. The smell was even seeping in through his clothes which caused his tiny hope to be dashed. ”No other choice but to man up.” He said as he continued to scrape the bottom of the stall; putting the hay into the corner closest to the stall door, Draven was slowly walking back as he pushed down onto the floor harder putting more force on the shaft of the tool until he was done, the small stall made it easier to clean although Draven found it hard to believe that there were even more stalls to clean.

Draven McNiel
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Jade Laken on March 30th, 2016, 1:09 am

Windmount Stables

Jade smiled when Diria snorted looking at the woman beside her. Walking over the woman put her hand on the mare's flank with a soft smile. The young drykas brushed down the mare while humming gently happy to have an extra set of hands in the stables.

"Kinda wish he would be around a lot more," Jade said with a smile as Diria flicked an ear back to her rider, "it's cool not to be the only worker here at one time."

Jade shook her head with a smile still brushing down the mare. Diria lowered her head to graze and snorted some. Laughing gently Jade shook her head raising her arm up and hitting the dirt on top of her back. Jumping some Jade managed to hit higher up on the back.

"How do you get so much dirt on you in doors, Diria?" Jade said with a slight huff trying to catch her breath from jumping so much.

Neighing in a laughing tone Diria stomped one hoof on the ground causing the dirt to fly up. Coughing Jade growled gently looking at the mare with a soft pouty growl.

"So not cool," Jade said and shook her head.

Jade walked inside looking for her pick and file. Rummaging around for the two items she needed the woman huffed some standing up straight looking around.

"Where did I put them?" Jade asked scratching her head some.

The blond looked over to where one of the other horses was acting up. Rolling her eyes Jade walked towards the stall.

"Destin enough! It will be your turn soon enough," Jade said with a glare at the stallion.

The buckskin stallion neighed and reared up slamming his foot hooves down again snorting at the woman. Jade glared and stood her ground getting in his face.

"Back down now!" She was never one to show fear no matter who was on the other side.

Slowly the stallion stepped back from the door still just staring at the woman before him.
Jade Laken

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Draven McNiel on December 24th, 2016, 9:38 pm

Date, 516 AV

Having finished raking the stall Draven stood there appreciative of his own work, that and the fact he wanted to take his mind off the invasive smell that crept up into his nostrils. He wiped his sleeve over his head wiping up the small droplets of sweat that had collected on his face. ”Definitely have to give it up to them, they sure work themselves.But not like I ain’t got a clue on hard work.” He said pumping himself up, flexing his arms before he grabbed the shovel this time placing the rake down. He had to put all the hay in the wagon before he finished with this stall, although this part might well be the hard part as he was lifting the hay from the ground.

He shoveled under the large pile of hay and poop before he lifted the shovel grabbing a good chunk of hay and turned to put it into the little wagon. It was at this moment he heard a rather loud neighing and Jade seemed to quickly calm the horse down. Draven released the breath he hadn’t realised he’d been holding. ”We got a buncha active ones here by the looks of it!” He said chuckling a little as he put the hay into the wagon, he quickened the pace of his shoveling, realizing that it was a lot easier than the raking, although his face was stuck screwed up due to the smell, he’d have a real mean look at the end of the day that was for sure.

While he was pretty sure Jade could handle the horse something in the back of his mind told him that there might be a little trouble though the woman looked completely unfazed in his eyes. He stood there awkwardly once he was done, he was glad that he trained often or else that might have been a good deal harder. He watched the horse named Destin for a little wondering what that guy was up to. He’d probably clean his stall next, he just hoped it wasn’t sneezer.

Draven McNiel
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Jade Laken on March 18th, 2017, 9:44 pm

Jade walked back over to where Draven was after the stallion turned away from her. She was certain he had completely backed down for the moment. He had been the hardest horse for them to sell. Not many of the knights wanted a hard headed stallion to deal with while on patrols in the forest. Looking over the woman smiled at the man and checked inside the stall to see how he had done. Happy with his work, she grabbed the handles and told him to follow her so that he could just go dump it immediately after he finishes the next stall. Walking a good distance from where the building is the girl covered her nose with her shirt and tilted the wagon forward dumping all the contents on to the ground where other feces could be seen.

“After everything is over we will burn it all so that it doesn't just stink up the entire city,” Jade explained, “for now let's go get the buckets and broom to clean the floor with.”

Making sure it was all out the girl turned the wagon back over and headed back to the building with the man. Leaving the wagon outside, she grabbed two buckets and headed over to the water pump. Putting the first down she pumped out the water. Changing buckets the girl repeated the motion and let the man carry the full buckets back up to the building. Walking inside the blonde found where the brooms were and walked over to him.

“Empty one out completely, but leave the other full. Otherwise you will make more trips than necessary to get water,” Jade explained and moved her shirt up again as the smell became stronger after the water hit it.

Putting the brush against the stone, she began scrubbing the floor clean. Making sure to clean where she was about to step first the woman appeared to almost be dancing while cleaning. Beads of sweat began to form as they got the remains to where the opening was. Walking back to the door she grabbed the final bucket and threw the contents on the floor. Watching she was happy as the sudden push expelled the last of the feces from the stall. Putting the buckets beside the back door, Jade walked into the tack room and grabbed the big towel used to speed dry the floors of the stalls.

“Now just to dry it and put down some fresh hay,” Jade said and helped him dry it.

"The Ways of the Drykas."
Jade Laken

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Next