PM to join Eyes for two

Lo'campo takes Jilene out on the town so she could experience what it's like in the city

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Eyes for two

Postby Lo'campo on March 24th, 2016, 8:23 pm

3rd of Spring 516 A.V Sunberth

He sat in his room surrounded by darkness sitting upon the floor his arms resting upon his knees, his head down between them as his long silver hair fell over his face.Sunlight poured into his room through a window lighting up the square space in every corner except for where he sat. He was born in darkness unable to touch the light so he sat under the window where light could not touch him, especially not today of all days. It was the third of Spring once more. An entire three seasons pass to bring him to this day. The light in the room shifted bringing it's light closer to Lo'campo slowly cutting away at the darkness that kept him safe, sane.

He did not not know what bell of the day it was nor did he care, he only wanted the day to be over as quickly as possible. He shifted his legs so his feet would not be touch by the sun's warmth. No, not today. He dozed off into a trance like state his eyes open staring forward as he remembered life as an infant. Constantly asking father where his mother was, or why did the other children have mother's instead of he. Remembering the look of hurt and pain as his father kept lying to him about the truth behind why he did not have someone to call mom.

"Your mother died when you where born. You were too much for her body to conceive you without taking her life." The words that he had heard once when his father was frustrated and grew tired of the boy asking the same question repeatedly. By that time he had known the truth. He had grown up to understand how life worked as well as babies and whatnot, he had only wished to hear it from his father in hopes that what he assumed happened really didn't. That his mother was traveling Mizahar somewhere soon to return, but that was just a fantasy. He was born in darkness and blood taking a life as he gained his. He could tell that his father blamed him for the death of his wife too. It was the way that he talked of her then the face of disgust and hatred that he gave Lo'campo when he realized that she was no longer there.

Schooling didn't help either. Children could be horrible people, taunting and picking at the young Lo'campo about not having a mother. About how his father hated to call him his son. How he was not deemed to bear the Campo name. Years of being told that he had disgraced his ancestors legacy as skilled fighters of Riverfall. He chuckled a bit at the memories. To think that he almost killed all the bastards. Even as a child he knew who he was, what he is now, what he was to become of. He would have never thought that he would live to see this day though. Born of Krysus is what the older woman would say he was. No one really understood him. No one except that one girl her name escaping his mind. He knew little of her, only that they had an understanding of each other. He also remembered the day that they both left Riverfall on that ship.

Then there was Oumoc, that evil monstrosity. The very being of him angered Lo'campo. Not that the personality was evil or for the things that he did, but the simple fact of the matter that he could not kill him. The one person worth killing in the world was lived by default. That was a joke. The two have battled it out mentally a many of times only to come to a standstill. More skilled than Oumoc he was yes, but Oumoc had greater natural strength and disregard for safety even if it were his own. He closed his eyes as the screams of his victims echoed through his mind. A white canvas being painted with red as different tones of voices called out in pain. A deep breathe. It was this that soothed him. He didn't know why, he only knew that he enjoyed it and to keep himself from hurting anyone for the entire day he would stay in his room, in his darkness not allowed to touch the light. That was his plan until an unexpected knock came from the door.

-Loxudeianis Basunreph Campo

Oumoc Basunreph Campo
Lo'campo
The Sunset Quarter monster

Words: 313620
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2014, 12:24 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Eyes for two

Postby Lo'campo on March 24th, 2016, 10:03 pm

He ignored it at first, but if proved to be persistent. Refusing to move from his space he gave a loud grunt signalling for the person to enter. The door opened slowly causing a loud creaking sound as they entered. A shadow formed in the light of he day. Darkness covered the space. Looking up to catch a glimpse of the person his ears twitched to the sound of his name. It was a woman's voice, one that he recognized very well especially when it was calling out demands or yelling at him when he'd forgotten to do something around the orphanage, but this voice was soft calm and sounded sweet and pleasant.

"Lo'campo? Are you in here?" He looked up to her face that reflected off of her pale skin making it hard for him to look at her for a few ticks. Her gray eyes lit up in the sun's rays her dress flowing ever so elegantly. She took a few steps forward with her hands in front of her gently feeling the air to ensure that she did not run into anything. "Lo'campo I know that you are in here why don't you answer me?" He looked up as she began to stray in the wrong direction. He had a soft spot for the woman. She had nerves of steel and the temper of hot iron but could not navigate unknown areas without assistance.

"I am here Jilene." He spoke standing up as she turned around her hands nearly slapping him in the face as he rose up. "Oh my did I hit you? I'm sorry" She spoke as her hands caressed his face. Her hands were soft to the touch of his rough skin. They slowly moved across his cheeks and down his chin over his neat yet scruffy beard. Her facial expression contorted into a mixture of amazement and happiness. She did this from time to time. Most found it weird that she would at times feel the faces of those she touch, but it was a normal routine for him now. Most also didn't realize that she was blind and this was her way of seeing who she was talking to. "An Akalak, I wonder what you truly look like Lo'." He secretly hated when she said that. She was always confined to the walls of the orphanage, never going out into the city and experiencing it for the shit hole it really was.

"What are you doing in here?" She asked snapping him from his thoughts. He didn't want to tell her that he was self loathing in hate for the way that he grew up. That would only bring a long frustrating conversation of self worth and how he shouldn't pity himself as well as how would he be able to defend the orphanage and do his job if he couldn't get over what happened in the past. "Isn't it your birthday?" She asked again this time throwing him off guard. How would she know that? The question echoing in his mind before he realized that word had gotten out about this day via orphan messaging systems. "I was only preparing to go out onto the town." He lied. He hated lying to Jilene it being bad enough that she couldn't see. She was notably good at calling the orphans out on their fibs, but hasn't caught him yet, or rather she knew and didn't care to do so.

"Very well then." she stated after a moment of silence before turning to head back to where ever she had came. His eyes did a quick glance over her body. She had a nice shape, curves in the right places, as well as having a full figure. He quickly shook his head erasing the thoughts from his mind. "Jilene" he called out to the woman who turned her head instead of her body towards the man. He hadn't realized that he had called out to her. Startled not knowing what to say next he only continued talking. "Would you like to go out into the city with me?" She grew quiet once more the air growing stale with uncomfortable tension. What was he thinking? This was his boss. The person in charge of hiring as well as firing him. "Yes I would like to accompany you. Allow me to retrieve my coat?" Surprised at her answer he began to nod his head until he realized that she couldn't see to which he stuttered a yes out of his mouth. He watched as she disappeared around a corner before getting ready himself.

Oumoc Basunreph Campo
Lo'campo

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Eyes for two

Postby Lo'campo on March 25th, 2016, 3:48 am

The rays of the sun nearly blinded him when they stepped out into the open day. He had dressed in his normal attire, his black hood covering his face blocking it from the sun. They stepped out in a nice stride walking in sync across the orphanage yard. It amazed him how she knew the grounds so well to be blind. She had walked the stone path that lead to the gates coming to a slow stop feet from the entrance. The two stood there for a moment staring at the alley way that would take them through the Quarter and out into the seaside market. "Are they open?" She asked before it dawned on him mentally that she did not know where to go from this point.

He took hold of her hand walking her through the gates and into the alleyway as they caught eyes from the orphans and tenants alike. "Look it's mamma Jilene and Papa Campo." He overheard one child whisper to another. No this isn't what it seemed. He was only helping her get out and see the city. He looked over to her wearing a smile on her face. He didn't know whether it was from excitement or from actually hearing the words from the bystanders. She did not speak on it so he could only assume. "Watch your step" he spoke helping her over a step putting them into the alleyway now. Her hands traced the wall as they moved feeling every crack and hole that was painted across them. She looked fascinated.

"It seems that the children look to us as their mother and father." She finally spoke after they had moved far from the orphanage. What was he to say? Maybe if he kept quiet she would drop the conversation. "What do you think of this?" Petch. Now he had to answer. He gave thought to it, to be papa and Jilene be mama. He wouldn't mind it really. They were just titles, yet he found himself thinking more about it than he should have. "I...I think it's good that they have a mother and father figure in their lives. Some of them may never have one." He spoke softly gaining a positive look from Jilene. They walked past a group of people as they turned the final corner leading into the Seaside market gaining eyes from unwanted bystanders. Lo'campo quickly flashing them a look that told them that this was something they didn't want a piece of.

He hadn't realized how vulnerable she would be out in the city with him let alone by herself. He placed a hand on her side slowly pulling her closer. If things were to happen he wouldn't want her getting caught in a crossfire. Her body was warm, soft and soft. She didn't take it offensively as she too hooked her arm in his as if in acceptance. "Oh my, what is that smell?" She asked as her eyes lit up once more. He gave a quick look around noticing a vendor selling flowers from their stand. He was impressed that she could smell the bunches of flora over the stench of Sunberth. Leading her over to the stall, he watched as she leaned forward taking a big whiff of the flower. "What does it look like Lo'campo?" He really didn't know how to describe the item to her only trying at the best of it's ability. "Umm, it's yellow and purple, with big petals in rising up in a spiral." He stopped short in his words realizing that she probably didn't even know what he was talking about. Now he felt bad. Playing it cool with a quick chuckle, he guided her on moving her to the next location.

Oumoc Basunreph Campo
Lo'campo

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Eyes for two

Postby Lo'campo on April 7th, 2016, 3:01 pm

He shoved a space in to the crowd for them both to move through as he held her hand. It was warm, soft and fairly small when compared to his own. He ignored her constant asking of where were they going next for he wanted this one to be a surprise. They came out into an opening where they turned a sharp corner where he had her come to a stop. He looked to Jilene who's face was lit up with excitement and happiness. "Lo'campo, where have you taken me?"

A smile spread across his face as he looked over the horizon. We are here now, take off your shoes." He requested. With a look of uncertainty on her face she slowly slid her feet that were surprisingly white and clean from her worn shoes leaving him to pick them up. Reaching out he took hold of her hand once more as they took a step forward off of the stone and onto the warm sand. "What is this place?" She asked wiggling her toes through out the grainy sand. "I smell salt water too. Is this a beach?" Giving a grunt that signaled yes, he took her by the hand once more leading her out over the sandy shore and to the waters edge where the tide would bring it in to cover their feet before moving back outward to sea.

She stood there in silence looking out over the water the excitement that was once fully covering her face now fading away as something else lay in her mind. Lo'campo sat upon the sand next to just out of reach from the waters edge though it looked to be that high tide was approaching and he would have to back her up some so she wouldn't be swept out to sea. "Lo'campo, can I ask you something?" Her voice sounding desperate and concerned. He said nothing, keeping quiet so she could continue to speak.

"I wake up every day walking into the world blind. I have all my life. I've lived in this city all my life too yet i've only explored it once, that being today. I sit every day confined to the walls of the orphanage knowing only what my nose, ears and sense of feeling can tell me. I guess what I'm asking is what does the world look like? How does it feel to see?

Lo'campo went to answer but paused for a bit. That was a good question, one that he never really thought of. How did it feel to see? He looked down to the ground then looked out into the water before giving his answer.

]"To see is just like being blind. Second nature, something that those that can see are so used to that they really don't think about it, you just wake up every morning looking at whatever is there. The Ironic thing is though is that you're blind wishing you could see the world, while there are some that can see and yet wish that they were blind so they didn't have to see the world for what it really is."

It grew quiet once more before she began to speak. "Wow that says a lot about the world then. Still I wish I could see it, travel it and go outside of Sunberth. Even blind I can tell what hell hole this place is. Why did you come to Sunberth anyways?" That was a question that he didn't want to answer. Memories of his past flooding into his mind. Killing that boy when they were kids, meeting Oumoc for the first time and having to leave home after Oumoc tried killing his father. Then there was Sunberth where he had strayed from his path and started to kill again, followed by Minerva and her death. "I don't know, I kinda just wondered here and ended up staying. Fate I guess. I mean it just so happened that the orphanage needed help as I showed up. She gave a shrug before she turned ready to head home. He hoped that she would by the story and drop the subject. Taking hold of her hand once more, he slipped her shoes back upon her feet before walking her home, taking a longer route back so she could feel more things. Maybe he wasn't a monster after all. Maybe this day meant more than just a day to rue. He was having fun, he was happy. Maybe he could be touched by the light after all.

Oumoc Basunreph Campo
Lo'campo

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal