Light snows, Long words. Pt. II. (Irathia)

Continuation

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Alexander Faircroft on January 22nd, 2016, 7:32 pm

Description "Alex Common" Alex thoughts "Myrian" "Fratava" "Others"

The air around them stilled as Alex watched Irathia fight and wrestle with something internal. Not sure what it was he simply crossed his arms. And then proceeded to tell him quite literally everything. Her past, in abridged detail possibly to spare herself the much more intricate and painful details. And then proceeded onto her dreams and aspirations for the future. Quite literally a tidal wave of information washing over him. He wasn’t sure how to act, what to say how to react, what to do. So he did the only thing he could think to do and looped an arm round her shoulders. “The past is never an easy thing to dredge up. And it’s never easy to talk about pain. And it’s never easy to show sorrow. But sometimes you’ve just got to let them out.” He lowered his head a little his free hand around the red chain of his loop of symbols.

Not sure if what he was doing the right thing but right now it seemed like she could use somebody. Anybody to help her a little in dealing with the sheer gravity of her situation. “It’s good you’re looking to the future and not towards the past. Hold onto that hope, and no matter how dark the night gets or how black the path before you may seem, it’s better to have a thread of hope no larger than a hair than to wallow in abject darkness.” He sighed slightly before breaking off from her and scratching the edge of his beard lightly.

“I know how I sound always saying to have hope but it’s the only thing that’s kept me going through the things I’ve been through. And it sound slike it could help you push through what it is that you’re going through.” His words were calm and soft. Like as gentle breeze on a spring morning.
Alexander Faircroft
A criminal, without a crime.

Words: 945306
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2016, 9:21 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Irathia on January 22nd, 2016, 8:57 pm

Irathia sat there. "That is very true. Alex." Irathia said, it feels like she made her first friend in this town. "I would just like to say, thank you. Thank you for listening to me. It is just hard sometimes. Of course it is usually hard, I mean I struggled to live when I escaped Xy. I assume it was hard for you too, travelling constantly and basically being mugged by a so called 'monk.'" Irathia said. "Sorry for the sudden burst of information by the way, you are probably the first person that knows this much about me."

Irathia paused and sighed slightly as she thought. "Not even my Patron, Ophelia Ravonai, knows that much about me." Irathia said. She shook her head and ran a hand through her hair. "You are probably my first friend I have made in this town... Just thank you." Irathia said. "If you need anyone you can just come find me, sense you basically did the same with me." Irathia said, she pushed her hand on her chest as she made a small smile.
Irathia
Player

Words: 99507
Joined roleplay: January 9th, 2016, 4:34 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alexander Faircroft on January 23rd, 2016, 7:10 am

Description "Alex Common" Alex thoughts "Myrian" "Fratava" "Others"

“No need to thank me.”
Alex just sighed a little and gripped the symbols again. “It’s not something that sit’s well with me, being thanked for being a decent person.” He folded his arms and leant back against the edge of his bunk. “As far a being a friend though just keep in mind that I’m not always going to be here, and it would behove you well to try and find others to confide in.” A small smirk of encouragement cropped across his face. “You should also open up to your patron a little more. It might help. My patron knows a lot about my past and were pretty close friends because of it."

“I appreciate the offer Irathia, but there are some problems hat I’ve got to deal with alone.” He sighed slumping into the bunk. “And don’t think that you everyone something. There’s a lot of people in the world who would use that.” He grew a little colder in expression. “Just remember that you do what you can for your betterment. If helping someone helps you then great. But don’t forget that someone is always going to be willing to take advantage of you.”

A cold look rolled over his face as he thought back to the one person who’d used him continuously to do his dirty work and then up and abandoned him when he was done with him. “Everyone has demons, and everyone needs to deal with them accordingly.” A heavy sigh rolled out from his shoulders and he turned his gaze skywards staring at the ceiling. “Don’t be deceived. But don’t be cold to the world…It’s a difficult line to walk…And it’s one that I’m going to have to walk and walk alone.” He sighed slipping the loop of sigils over his head again and giving a long lingering look at the symbol of priskil.
Alexander Faircroft
A criminal, without a crime.

Words: 945306
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2016, 9:21 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Konrad Venger on March 26th, 2016, 9:57 pm

Nice job! Your work has pleased The Sloth!

Alexander

XP:
Philosophy - 3
Rhetoric - 3
Observation - 2
Socialization - 2
Persuasion - 1

Lore:
Take solace in Hope
Punishment and Salvation: Both Jobs for a Knight
Syliran Knights: For ALL Mizahar, not just Syliras

Irathia

XP:
Rhetoric - 2
Investigation - 2
Observation - 2
Philosophy - 1

Lore:
Some people Cannot be Redeemed
Tell me about Your Travels!
Sunberth: How Can it Exist?!
Philosophy: To be AN Inspiration, Not just INSPIRING

Click Me! :
Ooooh, such feelz and fireside revelations! I really liked the easy, steady pace of this, and Alexander becoming an almost sage-like figure for Irathia, who articulated well her NEED to speak and splurge the words without really knowing why. Especially enjoyed the musings on what made a Knight.

Not really any Intelligence points here, though, since there was petch-all to do with espionage, intel-gathering, subterfuge, etc....

Oh, and please make sure you go back and edit your post in the Request Thread to reflect the fact this one is now done and dusted. PM me with any questions and later 'tater!

||Common||Thoughts||Pavi||Fratava||Myrian||Other's Speaking||
Note: As of Fall 517AV, Konrad is known only as "Hansel" in Endrykas
Konrad Venger
Long is The Way and Hard

Words: 1060755
Joined roleplay: November 23rd, 2015, 4:05 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 4