Solo A Revelation of the worst kind.

Alex heads to the rearing stallion. Hopeing to unwind and calm down from anotehr day of training, and gets a dark reminder of his past.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

A Revelation of the worst kind.

Postby Alexander Faircroft on January 27th, 2016, 4:54 pm

43rd Winter 515AV
18:23
Rearing stallion

Description "Alex Common" Alex thoughts "Myrian" "Fratava" "Others"

The snows were falling hard now even within the city, if it hadn’t been for the continual passage of people trekking through the streets then the snow would have been up to people knees. As the build-up in some of the small sideways showed. Alex stepped through the city calmly he’d had a productive day learning the basics of how to handle the massive blade that now rested along his back. Basic blocks and slashes, even how to counter balance the weight of the blade by leaning your body away from the fulcrum of the swing. And even a few small riding lessons which seemed the best to do in the heavy snows. Simple gallops and holding a weapon in one hand whilst wheeling the horse around with just his legs. Nothing too technical just the bare bones basics.

Alex stepped into the warmth of the rearing stallion. Basking in the heat of the hearth to the side. Slipping through the patrons of the tavern he slid his way through to the bar counter brushing a hooded figure as he entered the building. The man with the hood simply slipped past him out into the cold air of the streets. Shrugging the event off as a simple mishap Alex sat down at the bar. Ordering his usual and this time asking for the change he didn’t have much cash and needed to stretch it as far as he could. But as kevith came over with his mug, he slipped Alex a small parcel too.

“Was asked to give it too ya.” Kevith semi shrugged and went back to serving the other customers. Alex looked a little confused. He took a sip of the ale in the mug and as he did he opened the parchment of the small parcel up to see a wooden carving of a pair of dice joined at the corner in the centre of the parchment. The dice had a small loop on the other side of them and appeared to be made out of sandalwood. A dark look dawned over his face.

Swallowing hard he placed the tankard onto the counter and lifted the sigil up and in his other hand pulled the loop from his neck. With a slow apprehension he checked the sigil against the ones on his loop. And then rolled the dice around to find a small name carved into the wood much like his own symbols. The name read “Ovek”…It was an exact match for one of his mother’s sigils.

Alexander Faircroft
A criminal, without a crime.

Words: 945306
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2016, 9:21 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Alexander Faircroft on January 27th, 2016, 6:23 pm

He drank deep a slow breath and then took a deep swallow of the contents of the mug. Partially to still his raceing nerves and slow the beat of his heart. He untied his loop of sigils and slipped the sigil of Ovek onto the loop. Tying it back off and slipping it over his head he lifted the letter. His eyes pausing for a moment. It was written in the same hand writing that had robbed him of his father. The letter read:

Alex.
Welcome to your waking nightmare. I greet you once again. The last time I sent you a letter akin to this it was almost a season ago now.

How are you fairing joining up with the Knights? Your mother would have been very displeased with this decision. And I can say for a fact that your father wouldn’t be too happy either.

At any rate I hope this letter finds you well. As it is my intention to end the Faircroft dynasty in spectacular fashion. So grow, get strong. One day I will be there to make sure I see that you meet your final end with a fantastic flourish. Until then I leave you with a simple message.

Don’t die.

Craven Edge

Alex took a moment pausing as he read the letter. What the heck was going on? What was happening? Was he and his family being hunted? Toyed with? Alex Snapped his fingers lifting his hand into the air he called Kevith back. With a frenzied look on his face he stared Kevith in the eye and asked cautiously. “Who. Who gave you this?” With a small glance out of the door.

“The hooded guy that just left. Didn’t give me a name. Just dropped five golden miza’s in my hand and asked me to give you that parcel.” Alex almost leapt out of his seat speeding out of the tavern, the letter in his hand crumpling as he crushed it. He darted out hunting around for the figure his hand on the hilt of his sword.

Alexander Faircroft

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Alexander Faircroft on January 29th, 2016, 2:42 pm

Memento Mori Memento Mori Memento Mori Scanning the streets he took off running, heading towards the gates, holding his sword all the while. This can’t be real…This shouldn’t be real…If I find him I want to know everything he does! Sprinting outside the gates of the city he looked around. Nothing. No-one. His breaths heavy, his mind panicked and his heart heavy he spun back around to look inside the city. He knows me…He’s watching me…He’s hiding somewhere in the city…And I will find him. Alex tightened his grip around the hilt of his sword. Feeling the chain-links digging into his palms. Stepping back into the city he could almost feel eyes watching him now. Like people were staring at him from the very brickwork. For the first time in almost a full year he felt unsafe, within the walls of the city.

Stepping back through the city Alex was made quickly aware of just how many eyes were in the city. How many people this person who’d left him this could be. He could have been anywhere or any one. He had to get back to the barracks. He had to get back within the castle. If anyplace he stood a better chance of being safe it was there. He took off again in a small jog trying his best to keep to the shadows and out of the light. He needed to blend in and act natural which his panicked mind was not letting him do. He calmed his nerves. Best he could given the current situation. Calling on a darker point of his past he calmed himself as best he could and slipped into the crowd. His foot falls lightened to the point of near soundlessness even with his armour on. He needed to get to safety to a sanctuary.

With the barracks in sight now Alex broke his slow pacing and ran towards the barracks. Barrelling through the door shoulder first he kicked it closed rolling over his shoulder and careening into a nearby wall. Coughing lightly he groaned. He wasn’t used to trying to be acrobatic within a suit of armour that first off didn’t fit too well and secondly was heavy as sin. He slipped himself back up the wall standing and as he stepped forwards a loud crack emitted from his back. Note to self…get better before you do something that dumb again.

Alexander Faircroft

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Alexander Faircroft on January 29th, 2016, 11:32 pm

Alex filed through the squire barracks flicking his eyes cautiously back and forth glancing through to each of the open barrack room doors. Finally finding his communal bunks and sighing with a feeling of security. A dark cloud descending over his head as he began to feel that safety was something he could never attain. Out of the corner of his eye he saw another parcel a similar shape to the one from before sitting atop his bed. Swallowing hard he stepped over to his bunk and lifted the parcel. A part of him almost knew what the parcel was going to say but he couldn’t quite stifle the curiosity of his soul. Opening up the twine another small icon fell from the parcel a crescent moon. The name inscribed onto the small cherry wood icon was “Leth” the counter point to Syna. Lifting the parchment the Icon was wrapped in Alex began to read through it. It read:

Alex.

Did you think you could run? Did you think that you would be safe and sound within the barracks of the knights? Or the squires for that matter? Alex you’re a lost lamb within a world of wolves. There was a reason your father kept moving, and eventually abandoned you here. He didn’t care about you. Your mother though? There was a woman who cared about you, and wanted you to follow in her choices and path. That’s the reason she shot you in the shoulder whilst you were out hunting. The basis of the mark on your left shoulder. The sun shaped scar she branded your shoulder wound closed with.

Still Alex you were destined for greater things. Yet you chose to join the arch enemy of your mothers chosen line. The Faircroft line. We are so disappointed in you. Our eyes are everywhere and we all seek to set you on the right path.

Until we finally meet Alexander Faircroft. Don’t die.

Craven Edge

Alex could feel his heart racing now his breath heavy. He looked at the hand writing of the two letters. Both were an exact match as far as he could tell…They could even get a message in here. How. How did they get a message in here? Only squires and knights are allowed in here. Wait…Did he ask another of the squires to place it in here for me to find? To spook me? In a flash of sheer terror Alex gripped his sigils of faith, hope and knowledge. He asked them for guidance and ability to see this through and the courage to see through the deception and the lies of these people. Help me…Please. Alex closed his eyes and sat on the edge of his bunk rocking back and forth slowly.

Alexander Faircroft

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Konrad Venger on March 26th, 2016, 11:40 pm

Nice job! Your work has pleased The Sloth!

Alexander

XP:
Observation - 3
Reading - 1
Investigation - 1
Intelligence - 1

Lore:
Craven Edge: Mystery Correspondent
Mother: Cared For Me... By Shooting Me?!
Inteligence: Comparing Handwriting

Additional:
+2 parchment messages from "Craven Edge"
+2 small, carved wooden idols, of Leth and Ovek

Click Me! :
WHOA! Revelations galore, bruh! Alex's Momma popped him in the shoulder? This shadowy organization is still tracking him, even WITHIN the Fortress City?! Suuuuuuuuch shenanigans, dude... but with a plot as pervasive as this, make SURE you have the DS (Reflection's) support and approval, telling him exactly where it's going. You'd need some serious connections to watch a Squire for THAT long, THAT accurately, and THEN get two messages to him on the same day, one feeding off another.

That said... I loved it! Very paranoia-inducing! And dude, for the love of gods, WATCH THE SPELLING! You even had errors in the Description line! I know you're a better writer than that, from recent and intense experience, so c'mon... just read it a few more times. ;-)

Oh, and please make sure you go back and edit your post in the Request Thread to reflect the fact this one is now done and dusted. PM me with any questions and later 'tater!

||Common||Thoughts||Pavi||Fratava||Myrian||Other's Speaking||
Note: As of Fall 517AV, Konrad is known only as "Hansel" in Endrykas
Konrad Venger
Long is The Way and Hard

Words: 1060755
Joined roleplay: November 23rd, 2015, 4:05 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 4