Placeholder [Training Grounds] Skills are Good to Learn. Aren't They?

A Solo Training thread. 3/4

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Training Grounds] Skills are Good to Learn. Aren't They?

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on April 21st, 2016, 12:27 am

Timestamp: 50th of Spring516av

The day was musty, yet damp and cool. It was fairly early in the morning. Things had been slow. Ferrin was almost late for his training. As he rushed through the Training Grounds, he'd noticed his patron standing at the opposite end of the Grounds. The Knight just looked at him with a quirky shake of his head. He was unimpressed with Ferrin's entrance, clearly. And yet, the patron still had the knack of wanting to teach his nephew. Ferrin hurried as best he could, the armor merely weighed him down. Especially with the short broadsword, the shield; it hadn't really helped him much. Ferrin knew that being late was a bad thing, he'd just hoped that today wasn't the day to go out on a run.

"Your late, Ferrin. What have you been doing?"Asked the Knight impatiently. Well, Ferrin thought he had been early enough. "Sorry Ser. It won't happen again."Responded Ferrin with a few rasped breaths. He took his right hand and pushed it through his curled hair and felt it a bit damp, was it raining? Or was it just sweat? Maybe both. But, whichever one it is, Ferrin hadn't minded either of them.

"Good, I hope not. Now today. I actually have a spar arranged for you. Today. If you'd have gotten here earlier you would have some sort of practice before we get into the duel. Her name is Squire Lilly Grant. There she is over there, with the dark brown hair." As Ferrin's heart beat returned to normality, the Kenashian turned round and faced the line of dummies and Squires training against them. Lilly, was at one of the closer dummies just roughly fifty yards or so away. "Yeah I see her. That's her right?" Asked Ferrin slowly with a curious tone.

"Yes, that is. How about we go say hello?" The Knight asked as he started walking. From where Ferrin and Ser Xervos stood, the two could hear the exuberant strikes and the malicious like chants as the Squire Lilly spared against the dummy only to have it swiftly end with the head of the dummy rolling around the dirt ground. "I guess it's my time to say hello?"Asked the Squire as she turned her head towards the two men with wavy hair."I believe so. Squire Lilly, this is Ferrin. My nephew. He's the one that I've assigned to you as."The Squire, Lilly nodded in acceptance. The Patron, Ser Xervos nodded his head and waved his left hand off "How about that forestry arena. It looks like it might rain soon, so it seems like it'd be quite a show."Said the Knight before he walked away to get himself a chair.

Ferrin nodded and took out his right hand. "Nice to meet you. Squire Lilly." Ms. Grant just scoffed and opened her hand out to Ferrin as well. "Lets hope this is a spar to be witnessed."With her words spoken, she released her grip and rushed towards the forestry arena. Ferrin followed after her, but knew better than stay in close range. He'd start at the opposite side of the arena, behind a tree. He prepared himself as he drew his blade out."Well, get a move on with it."

Speech Thoughts Your Speech

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2