Closed [Antinous Training Grounds] A Light Touch. (Vivienne)

Alex gets arequest from another knight to spar and train with his squire what he doesnt realise is just quite how much of a handful she is.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Antinous Training Grounds] A Light Touch. (Vivienne)

Postby Alexander Faircroft on January 11th, 2016, 12:41 am

20th winter 515AV

9:00AM

The early morning broke as Alex visited his superior, his patron mentor and possibly his greatest friend. Ser Greyheart sat in one of the smaller offices in the castle filling out request forms for his squadron. His wing of knights under his command. Alexander entered the room slowly with a feeling of tension hovering in the air. His mentor and patron sat across the desk from a knight that Alex had never met before a thinner younger looking man. Lighter clad Instead of the heavy thick plate that both Alex and his patron wore his was smaller pieces of steel and mostly leathers. As Alex stepped into the room he was greeted by an odd phrase.

“Speak of the ghost and he shall appear.” His patron spoke with slightly joy extending a friendly hand out towards Alex. “Ser Krane here was looking for someone to train his squire and came to me for assistance. Seems word of your…Light touch. Has gotten around a little.” A small smile came to Ser Greyheart’s face, not sure if it was one of sarcasm or genuine pride in his squire. Alex bowed slowly to the other knight.
“A pleasure ser. To what do I owe the honour?” Alex spoke again his calm and airy voice whispering gently through the room. What on earth could they want me for...How did i mess up this time? Alex shifted his footing lightly trying not to look uncomfortable but to gain a better footing as the heavy weight of his shield on his back was still throwing him a little off balance. Ser Krane rose from his chair standing almost a head shorter than the squire. Then again there were not many the same height as Alex was. Barring the giant men of many colours.

“Squire Faircroft. I’ve come to petition you to train my young squire. I’ve heard of how you held your own against our resident…Problem child. Ball. It seems that your light demeanour might be a good match for Vivienne my squire. She needs a modicum of training and I think that you would be well suited to provide it too her. There is just one catch however.” Ser Krane had a small apprehension about him as he spoke. Before he could continue Alex’s patron piped up.
“He wishes for you to train her sans your plate and chain. He fears that the armour might damage her frame. Being of a as he described it “light constitution” still I asked you here to hear what you had to say on the matter. I may order you but I do not own you. I ask this of you as this is your training time as well.” Ser Greyheart’s words were true and honest as usual Alex thought on it for a moment looking at the two superior knights in the room before finally deciding.
“I respectfully accept your request. I’ll try and teach to the best of my meagre abilities.” He punctuated his words with a small smile and bow of respect to the two superiors. This seemed like a good way to build up some respect with the other knights and bolster his reputation as a light and patient man.

“Thank you Squire Faircroft. Now please go and adjust your equipment I’ll send my squire to meet you at the training grounds, at noon.” And with that Ser krane whirled his cloak over his shoulders and exited the room.
“Y’know, that modesty is going to get the better of you one day…” Ser Greyheart smiled and stepped up to him placing a hand on his shoulder. “You’re making me ever prouder to have you as my squire Alex.” Clapping him on his shoulder again he ushered Alex off.

12:05PM

The midday sun hung low in the sky, the soft clouds rolling by as the day began to wind down, the by-product of winter Alex had found. Still the lack of armour was freeing. He’d been cramped up in that tin can from dawn till dusk almost every day for the last fifty days. Getting to move free of it was thoroughly enjoyable. Jumping up a little and stretching his limbs he could feel the full joy of motion again. Knocking his head side to side he felt the full range of motion. He’d left his plate and weapons in the dormitories, sequestered away in the small footlocker that was provided his sword was tucked neatly beneath his bed. Stretching out lightly he raisd his hands to the loop of icons around his throat. Asking Wysar for the discipline to hold back his strength and not harm the girl. Footsteps approached coming up the staircase to the grounds Alex steadied himself and waited calmly. Seeing a young woman climb the stairs he called out calmly in his soft tone of voice towards her.
"You must be Vivienne." Punctuated once again with a soft small smile he Awaited a response from her. How hard is it going to be to train someone else?
Alexander Faircroft
A criminal, without a crime.

Words: 945306
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2016, 9:21 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Vivienne Clarissa on January 11th, 2016, 5:08 am

Vivienne Clarissa
Vivienne heard his soft voice and a she couldnt help but feel relaxed By his voice she looked at the man and nodded lowering her cloak and revealing her silvery hair she offered a hesitant close lipped smile and looked at the man with her amethyst colored eyes.

"Yes, my name is Vivienne my patron told me to meet you here are you the Squire Alex, Correct ?" Vivienne lifted her cloak off with her long arms and examined the young man wondering if she was in for a major beatdown he didnt look to be extremely bulky but she was a bad judge of physical strength.

"So we are going to be sparring Hand to hand correct". Unsure she wanted to be clear what was and wasnt allowed in their training she had a small amount of abilities that could aid herself with in close combat. "I just want too be completely clear if we are going to be doing anything different than traditional sparring" She paused and felt herself blush heavily. "im so sorry i didnt even officialy introduce myself i am Vivienne Clarissa a squire such as yourself and i hope to become a Mage-Knight some day". She bowed and tried to hide her embarassment.
I Regret to inform any and all users i have posted with that i am retiring this charecter and from Mizahar for a time until i see my health is in a better place.

I Apologize to all who i have posted with and wished to post with me currently i cannot devote any time to this site as my health has left me behind mentally and physically i am sad to say it may be a long time before i return and likely it will be under a new charecter title

Too cut myself short i will miss you all and i will miss Mizahar Goodbye too all you lovely writers out there.
Vivienne Clarissa
Player

Words: 15600
Joined roleplay: December 6th, 2015, 4:25 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alexander Faircroft on January 11th, 2016, 5:50 am

Alex watched the smaller hooded figure ascend the stairs. A small and slight frame indeed. And so much younger than he was. Shockingly so. Was it natural for knights to start training at such a young age? Alex couldn’t help but feel another spark of his self-confidence fizzle out in the black crushing void that was his self-doubt. Still long silver hair and deep amethyst coloured eyes. Something unnerving sat behind them. He couldn’t place quite what but something hid behind them. Coupled with her pale skin it was almost like he was going to train a ghost. A small smile fragile like spun glass. Her voice seemingly more delicate still.

He had to train her? Someone this fragile, someone this delicate? Was he mad? Why did he agree to this? Alex wasn’t the strongest but that wasn’t the point it looked like even a stiff breeze could shatter this girl...Shaking his head lightly to snap his focus back he parsed the words through his head.
“Yes, I’m Alexander Faircroft.” A small smile crept across his face again trying to mask his ever growing worry. He was going to teach her how to fight unarmed. He’d learnt a little from his father and had the barest bones of a style with the knowledge of how to use it. Still he’d have to be extra careful about how to strike. Still kept a careful ear to her requests. “When it comes to the sparring it will mostly be simple rules.” Before he could continue explaining she spoke again with a hurried abruptness. Followed by a sharp bow and strong look of embarrassment. He couldn’t help but form a small smile.

“There’s no need to be quite so formal." Stepping forwards close enough to offer his hand to her in a friendly gesture of mutual respect. “Though to return the formal greeting. My name is alexander Faircroft. I wish to become a ranger knight.”Only then after he’d finished speaking did he register the word “mage”, no wonder someone as fragile looking as her was a knight. She could harness her magic. A valuable trait to have. And this was why she required hand to hand training in case she couldn’t ready her magic in time. “Well to continue from earlier I will be training you in hand to hand combat. Though, my style of combat is something that doesn’t attack force with force. I try to redirect that force.” He stepped a little back to put distance between them again.
“There are three rules in this. Firstly. When you feel that you need to say stop either party. Say stop. Secondly, the objective of this isn’t to hurt each other merely to convey skills so should a point where the opposition cannot attack or defend themselves we reset again until rule one is used. Third and finally, try to enjoy yourself. There is no reason to feel pressured here. There are no knights watching specifically us. It’s just two squires here learning from each other.” As Alex finished he shifted his weight onto his back leg a bit infirm in his stance. But solid enough to feel comfortable. Raising his hands in front of him he held his palms open. Nothing flashy to his style nothing underhanded. He simply wanted to give her a form to follow. “Try taking this stance. It is the basic starting point for everything that I use to fight unarmed with.”
Alexander Faircroft
A criminal, without a crime.

Words: 945306
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2016, 9:21 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Vivienne Clarissa on April 22nd, 2016, 7:21 pm

Vivienne Clarissa
It was true no one was really watching them. She nodded as he spoke and smiled softly at his words "Right just the two of us training and learning from one another."

Vivienne couldn't help but breathe out a small sigh of relief that the stance he made was one she had seen done before and not some master technique that she had no chance of accomplishing.

"Well i hope it wont end up with either one of us unable to fight any further that would be a shame, wouldn't it" She spoke softly as she mimicked his stance to the best of her abilities although she was sure that she looked absolutely ridiculous and that she was probably too rigid standing like a board whereas her instructor looked like he was completely relaxed, Vivienne breathed out and closed her eyes pushing the thoughts out of her mind as best she could. She nodded.

"Okay Alexander i am Ready " She paused. "But Please correct me if this is not the proper stance " She relaxed slightly and let her feet rest more comfortably on the ground and looked to the man teaching her to check if she got the stance correct.
I Regret to inform any and all users i have posted with that i am retiring this charecter and from Mizahar for a time until i see my health is in a better place.

I Apologize to all who i have posted with and wished to post with me currently i cannot devote any time to this site as my health has left me behind mentally and physically i am sad to say it may be a long time before i return and likely it will be under a new charecter title

Too cut myself short i will miss you all and i will miss Mizahar Goodbye too all you lovely writers out there.
Vivienne Clarissa
Player

Words: 15600
Joined roleplay: December 6th, 2015, 4:25 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets