PM to join Just Getting... Comfortable? (Epifanio)

Iffy gets back on track with relationships.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Just Getting... Comfortable? (Epifanio)

Postby Infilia Snowsong on June 20th, 2016, 4:18 am

Timestamp: 11, Summer, 516av

A home smothered with icicle droplets and frozen pallets, pieces of Morwen... Well, it seemed to be that way to Infilia. Morwen was everywhere. This is her domain. Her home. The Vantha, her people. Just like the Konti are... Supervised? Monitored? By Ra'Keli. It was sort of like that in a way. The half-vantha sat on an unoccupied seat inside the lounge of the Snowsong Hold.

It was one of many holds in Avanthal that occupied the land of Morwen. Their were the Snowsong, the Skyglows, Frostfawn,Whitevine, Iceglaze, Cool water, and of course Winterflame.

Infilia didn't know much people. She tends to be aloof and strayed from meeting new and more people. She liked being independent, confident and self charming. She didn't want to be dependent on others. Not likely. She felt it normal to be who she wants to be, nothing wrong with that. No.

As the brunett sat on the couch, holding her flute. Well, more like holding it uncomfortably. She wasn't very good at the thing, but she wanted to learn. She wanted to know how it works. It'll help her if she wants to have a career as a performer. Or even to inspire others as she plays. She didn't understand how those notorious musicians could play so well. How long did it take for them to play that good? Hmm?

On the bright side of things, if she'll learn more of the instrument, she'll be able.to play it better as she practices and studies it. Though, on the other hand her spending time with the instrument for twenty four seven would make her even less social than she was already now. "Ugh." She grunted anxiously and layed the flute on top of her lap as she sat normally on the couch. Her legs touching the ground, her back on the back rest.

"How much do I need to know to understand this instrument. I know it's not easy..." She's now talking to herself at this point. 'Great, now my family is even going to look at me as an embarrassment.' Infilia shrunk down in her seat, hoping that no one else had heard her anxious commotion. She certainly didn't want to attract any attention. She poke the holes of the flute that produces different pitches carefully as if mentally playing the song in her head.

It certainly sounded better in her head, as it wouldn't be when she played it aloud.

"What am I to do?" She whispered.
Summer Threads - 2/5
1 of these threads are job threads.
Job Threads - 1/2

Note: I am doing what I can to catch up with past job threads. So bear with me please!
Infilia Snowsong
Player

Words: 113820
Joined roleplay: February 29th, 2016, 2:28 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Epifanio Snowsong on June 22nd, 2016, 3:17 am

Title and Date

It was a day to relax. Epifanio just performed at the Red Diamond Tavern. His vocal chords were a bit sore, and he had a bit of a headache from the celebration and drinks. He probably drunk a bit too much at the expense of others. Part of the perks of working in a tavern and busking himself silly.

Within Snowsong hall, Epifanio found himself tossing blankets around his ears to try and drown out the variety of different music heard throughout. It wasn’t that it was particularly early, he just was up late and wished to have some sort of peace from his throbbing and spinning head. After throwing a tantrum tossing his bedding about on the bed much like a rambunctious kid he emerged from his bed and tried to freshen himself a bit up.

Someone had to of taken him to his room, cause he didn’t even realize he was there until he opened his eyes to finally see a familiar environment. “Oh, man. That vantha dressed in black surely did a number on me.” He rubbed his cheek for a moment, remembering the slap and chuckled. If it was anything he did remember beside the song it was that moment.

After dragging himself out of his room he headed down the halls hearing a variety of different beautiful music. Of course, none of the really mattered until he heard frustration in song. Peeking around the corner of a door, he opened his ears to what lied beyond. “How much do I need to know to understand this instrument…” he heard. Smiling the bard was intrigued. It wasn’t often that a snowsong cried out for help, much less speak to themselves. He wasn’t sure entirely, but it didn’t sound that anyone else was in the room.

Epifanio was an opportunist, and hearing a woman’s cry for help… why he would never ignore such a thing, being the gentlemen that he was. Epifanio slowly entered the room, not having much modesty for privacy, but alas still showed manners. “I am sorry, I overheard you there. You know, often instruments can be used together in symphony as their players connect together. Maybe you need such… connection?” He asked with a smile on his face. The bard stayed his distance, but still tried to entrance the fair snowsong. “I am Epifanio, and I might know a thing or two about music. Of course, we are always still learning are we not?” Epifanio said as he tapped his instrument case. “A flute is interesting. I hope myself to one day learn how to play.” He said, showing interest in her desires.

“I am sure a beautiful lady like yourself could make that flute of yours sing to enchant even the stars.”
Secret :
Epifanio Snowsong
Bard

Words: 96514
Joined roleplay: May 28th, 2016, 12:05 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Avanthal Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Infilia Snowsong on June 22nd, 2016, 3:50 am

Timestamp |
Location |

Infilia just stared at the instrument that she carried in her palms. It was layed horizontally across, occupying both palms as she inspected the flute. She had played it once before when she was a kid of course, but as she grew she tend to forget most cords. She would rather perform with her wondrous voice and dance. Oh, how she loved to dance. It was one of the few things she had enjoyed to do. Even as an adult.

Then, a voice. Coming from one of the far hallways erupted suddenly and Infilia flinched, dropping the instrument on the floor. "Petch." She said in a startled tone, mainly to herself in a hoarse whisper. She picked up the instrument and dusted it off and reinspected it once again, sighing in relief as she cluthced onto the metal.

She looked over at the male Vantha who had spoken. He had fairly dark hair and particularly long in style. Not as long as Infilias, no, but it was long enough to appear so. "Connections... I-" She trailed off, trying to finish her sentence. Her cheeks grew a bright red and her eyes shifted to a hue of silvery white almost.

Her emotional state of embarrassment trickled slowly through her veins. She inched lower in the couch and looked away shyly. She didn't know why she was being so shy around a fellow Snowsong. "Connections, I am fairly aware of them. My voice is so much better though." She said slowly staring at her instrument as if it were useless.

"Infilia, pleasure." She said looking at Epifanio with a sly smile. She didn't know what to make of this Vantha as of yet, she had barely known him. "Yes, yes I wish to discover all secrets of this flute as well. I hope to master it someday as a Snowsong should." She said in response looking upwards at Epifanio. Her emotion changed to a happy feeling. Her eyes changing colour to a more hazel yellow hue. "You know a lot, he's? Perhaps you can show me more of these... Techniques used to play this thing?"
Summer Threads - 2/5
Job Threads - 1/2

Note: I am doing what I can to catch up with past job threads. So bear with me please!
Infilia Snowsong
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Epifanio Snowsong on July 24th, 2016, 8:00 pm

Title and Date

Epifanio was guessing that Infilia was more shy than most girls he had come across, though she spoke of singing and dancing as if it was huge passion of hers. He loved to see passion about such things, and his eyes sparkled with intense emotion. Epifanio walked over to Infilia and grabbed ahold of her hand clutched onto the flute.

“Any fool can show you the stars, but I can make them dance.” He said as trying to look into her eyes. “This flute is an instrument, it is no different than using your beautiful voice to sing, or your wonderful body to dance.” He said softly. For whatever reason he was in one of his moods, and although his swooning might seem a bit overbearing at first, he quickly released his grasped on her hands and flute before it became too much or perhaps more awkward than it was.

“I would say that every instrument has a soul, you just have to find it. It is no different than love. Your soul and it’s soul must connect and when they do… it would be like nothing else.” Epifanio smiled at Infilia and then once again looked her in the eyes. “Just make sure you save your heart for some handsome man out there.”

With that Epifanio set his gamba case on the ground and proceeded to get Eisen out of her case. “This instrument is a gamba, and I named her Eisen. Me and her have a connection like what I spoke of earlier. She is a part of me as much as Rhaus or Morwen is. Have you named your instrument yet, Infilia?” Epifanio sat down next to her and placed Eisen between his legs and readied the bow while looking at her for a response.
Secret :
Epifanio Snowsong
Bard

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Infilia Snowsong on August 2nd, 2016, 1:40 am

Image Timestamp

Infilia was shocked. The action that Epifanio had just made; holding onto her hand, and resting it upon the flute made her feel a little awkward. Nonetheless, she was flabbergasted. Her cheeks went red, and her eyes shifted to a purple hue. She was contemplating what to do with Epifanio. She was nervous, she didn't know why of course, but her insides rumbled and her stomach lurched a bit. But, nothing came out. Good. Otherwise, that would've been a tad bit more embarrassing.

Infilia, she knew she was pretty and quite smart for someone like her. She also assumed that she was able to do a lot of things just to get by.

Iffy jumped back into reality. Epifanio expressed his speech in some weird obstruct manner that made Infilia flush a rose red over her cheeks once again. Though, she came to realize, that Epifanio might've been flirting with her. "I fancy your muse Epifanio. I do really, but don't try to flatter the both of us." She said calmly.

"I'm understanding now... I get what your trying to express. I'm just... Contemplating, how should I go about this flute, may I ask? Do you think it would bond with me?" She asked, "do you?" She was worried now for sure.

She continued to let Epifanio hold her hand, it at least gave her some sort of reassurance. Most definitely.

"I believe to stay... Alone..." She said in awe. Her tone was sober like. She didn't believe in loving another man. She believes that that man wouldn't treat her fair. She wants to have that freedom, that Independence, but she couldn't explain why she wanted to stay at Avanthal. She would someday want to explore, and play out her music.

"Name my instrument you say? Why..." She asked calmly slowly pulling her hand away from Epifanio, "what's the importance of naming it?" She asked Epifanio looking up to him. Eyes silver in colour.

Summer Threads - 2/5
Job Threads - 1/2

Infilia Snowsong
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Epifanio Snowsong on August 16th, 2016, 3:43 pm

Title and Date

Epifanio, being the man that he says had his own secrets. Though those that truly knew him also knew that he couldn't keep them for long. He always had to share it with atleast a few people. After sharing a smile with her as she blushed. For one to blush so easily. He found it cute.

"Well I have a flute as well. Though it is far different from yours. I haven't named it yet and haven't been able to play it much yet cause I'm not as skilled in it. But I can show you... If you don't mind. "

Standing up the bard put both of his arms crossed over his coat and grabbed onto the bottom of it. Lifting it cautiously the bard attempted to remove his coat but it go stuck on his flute. This just caused his shirt to ride up revealing his toned chest and torso. The first thing besides the muscles if infilia was paying attention would be his tattoo. A single double cleft musical note on his chest. After struggling for a bit he would speak through his coat "sorry seems it got stuck on my flute"

This perhaps would be the first time that someone would see weakness in Epifanio as he started to peacock and huff while trying to get the coat off. Flailing about and bouncing through the room, it would be a hilarious sight, but definitely didn't follow the mood that was just there. After a chime or so he finally got the coat off and immediately calmed down. He didn't like the idea of clothes being stuck on him...

Picking up his coat from the floor the bard let out a sigh and tried to redeem himself by gently folding up his coat. While doing so he turned his head to the right and gently blew into his flute. The melody started with like tones that bounced octaves after a few chirps sounded from each of the six pipes on his flute. The flute of isurian craft was made to be an armband so he could play Eisen and the flute at the same time. Though it would also allow him to do things like this. Folding up his coat while simply testing the melody and technique of his breath.

Gently turning around while still testing it, with no known musical plight he simply smiled and stopped playing. "I'm still getting used to it myself." the bard said as he walked over to her. "though the beauty of music is that it always sounds better with another."

He sat down once again and picked up Eisen. "I'll let you lead. Play something and I'll match it with Eisen and the flute. I'm sure your music is just as beautiful... As you are."
Secret :
Epifanio Snowsong
Bard

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Infilia Snowsong on September 15th, 2016, 2:41 pm

Timestamp:: Day, Summer, 516ab

"Well I have a flute as well. Though it is far different from yours. I haven't named it yet and haven't been able to play it much yet cause I'm not as skilled in it. But I can show you... If you don't mind. "

"If you so please." Continued Infilia with a slight smile and a simple nod. Infilia crossed a leg over her other as she waited for Epifanio to retrieve his gamba from his coat. She took this time to observe the Snowsong in front of her. "You really like to play, yes?" She asked him with a tilt of her head. "Since us Snowsongs love to play so much, why haven't we played as a group or something? After all, we could all earn a lot of coin then." She commented. She concealed a chuckle as Epifanio struggled with his coat. "You need some help with that?" She asked him. She decided that Epifanio would rather do it himself.

"sorry seems it got stuck on my flute"
"Oh, no problem at all." She smiled a little, flushing. "I'm not one to judge." She assured the man. "After all we're family, so it doesn't really matter what happens, right?" She asked him. Her eyes morphing into a hue of purple. She was getting a little excited about playing.

"I'm still getting used to it myself." Epifanio said, heading back towards her. "Practice makes perfection." She said. "That's what I say mostly." She said with a nod.

"I'll let you lead. Play something and I'll match it with Eisen and the flute. I'm sure your music is just as beautiful... As you are." Infilia tilted her head oddly. She was awestruck as she didn't really know what to say. "Um... thank you." She replied. "I'll take the lead then." She said with a smile. She took a breath before playing.

She started to play.
Summer Threads - 2/5
Job Threads - 1/2

Infilia Snowsong
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal