Tracking write-up

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is the first step to starting a lore article. Please hold all conversations about lores here in this forum. No development takes place here ie Article posting. This forum is simply for threads that want to hash out what a lore should or shouldn't include as well as its merits and flaws. One can also gauge interest in new lore here as well. Polls are encouraged.

Moderator: Scribes

Tracking write-up

Postby Vellichor on June 24th, 2016, 7:48 am

About the prerequisites.
I think it might be a good idea to have a certain level of observation.
It's not unreasonable, but since it is debatable, I'll leave the final decision up to you.

It would be insane for someone to be very good at tracking with little to no observation skills.
Maybe you could have it so to be competent/expert/master at tracking you must have #observation.
That could be put into the skill development section.

As for wilderness survival and land navigation, they would most probably fall under related skills.
One can track in cities, thus eliminating the need for wilderness skills.
Vellichor
Promoting weapons of mass creation

Words: 25755
Joined roleplay: April 24th, 2016, 3:09 am
Race: Staff account

Tracking write-up

Postby Azmere on June 24th, 2016, 11:02 am

The initial write up was deleted but a lot of useful notes are still in the replies. I can send s link once I get off work later today. Shoot me a pm as a reminder of you're interested in those.
Attn: GradersObservation is maxed. Thank you for all your hard work.

where do you go when you don't know who you are?
Azmere
Seeker of the Lost

Words: 754081
Joined roleplay: October 14th, 2015, 11:57 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Tracking write-up

Postby Attunement on July 23rd, 2016, 9:41 pm

This is the archived link to tracking

The initial post was deleted yes. Both Azmere and Gillar were part of this post and could offer advise if it is needed. You don't necessarily need to be skilled in something in real life to write an article about it. Just make sure you do proper research.

Here are a variety of links to aid in your research.

Tracking Animals

The six disciplines of tracking

Survival: Tracking Animals From Traces - many short videos from this guy who teaches techniques in other videos.

Wilderness survival also touches up on tracking, and it is a fundamental skill to aid in hunting. Tracking, Wilderness Survival, and Hunting as skills are used together as such I will research character sheets of well played hunters and observe whether or not tracking has been rewarded in conjunction with hunting and observation. As of now I do not see it needing a per-requisite, but those skills will overall affect the abilities of tracking and vice versa.
Attunement
Retired Staff

Words: 2551
Joined roleplay: June 1st, 2016, 6:03 pm
Race: Staff account

Previous