Calling All Players!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

Calling All Players!

Postby Kaleidoscope on July 14th, 2016, 2:30 pm

How to become an ST, and other stories

Pictured: Amazing photoshop skills in action.
Hello,

You may or may not have realised that there is a distinct lack of STers on Mizahar. Whether you're a new player, or someone with a few more years under your belt, it will be obvious from looking at the city lists and the staff lists that there is an unfortunate mismatch.

Us storytellers do as much as we can gamewide and with our cities. However, there are not enough of us. We need players such as yourselves to step up and volunteer. You can:
  • Volunteer as an Assistant Storyteller in an already moderated city...
    ...running moderated threads and doing grading, getting the opportunity to understand your city on a deeper level, and experience the pleasure of writing with other people you may not ordinarily get the chance to.
  • Volunteer as an Assistant Storyteller, or Domain Storyteller in an empty city...
    ...thus opening up other, unique and varied cities for players such as yourself to enjoy, and allow you to experience other aspects of Mizahar that you might not with your PC.

Storytelling is really an eye-opening experience, yet don't be fooled by the list above! It's rewarding, challenging, yet not as difficult as it sounds. :) Here is a link to the lore page. Please read it, and please consider applying to be an ST. I am more than willing to help mentor people who might be apprehensive, and offer suggestions and advice wherever needed. Just pop me a PM! :)

That's all for now folks. I'll just leave you with a little thought. There are roughly 9 active storytellers, give or take. Compared to that, there are hundreds of PCs. Just think what we, the game, could achieve if those numbers were even a little closer together... Now's the time for action. Consider it.

~Kal

Alvadas | Linkmap | Calendar
Ahnatep | Linkmap | OOC
Office
~
Stepped down from ST roles: 1/9/2017
Thanks for all the fish.
Kaleidoscope
Taking a Bow

Words: 320260
Joined roleplay: January 26th, 2016, 6:13 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Calling All Players!

Postby Duenna on July 16th, 2016, 3:36 am

Hi Kal! For us newbies who are too new and inexperienced for any storyteller position, is there anything we can do to help out in the meantime? I'd love to show my support for Mizahar in the meantime if there is a way!
Duenna
Player

Words: 9172
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2016, 4:08 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Calling All Players!

Postby Aladari Coolwater on July 23rd, 2016, 5:08 am

You can always Guest Moderate a thread for someone, Duenna. You simply have to get the thread approved via the help desk with the GST application form. That cuts down on the amount of threads a ST might have to run at one time. You can also help out by donating, which keeps the site running without ads, develop some of the lore in the World Development forum, or by helping out other new players in Chat or in the Introduction forum.

Once you hit 60 days, then you can apply to be an ST or Grader, and these open up even more opportunities to help out. Glad to see you're interested, though. That's a big step already. :D

Feel free to PM me if you need any kind of guidance on what to do next.
"The sea always filled her with longing, though for what she was never sure."
- Cornelia Funke
Aladari Coolwater
Rock the boat.

Words: 267621
Joined roleplay: March 8th, 2016, 3:26 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3