Closed [Bronze Woods]A Whispered Word[Alexander Demarcus]

Clyde and Alex meet among the woods just outside Syliras.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

[Bronze Woods]A Whispered Word[Alexander Demarcus]

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 13th, 2016, 3:03 pm

8 Summer 516

Clyde was spending as much time as he could early this season outdoors. He had plans to go traveling, and so he was going out and enjoying the wilds and woods as often as time permitted.

Packing up his camping gear: tent, bedroll, blade, and other things he commonly used in camping, along with his more basic supplies like a waterkin and his mortar and pestel packed in his backback, he headed for the bazaar. With Cha in hand and his hound Rye at his side, he felt confident in his abilities. And of course should the need arise he always had magic to fall back on.

He quickly went through the bazaar and selected items from different stands, buying similar items to the last time he'd bought things for camping. He'd run into a ghost on that trip, a child ghost, and had made some soulmist for the child ghost. With that in mind he brought along some bits of food, should the need arise to make more.

And of course a bit of food for himself, as he also needed to eat.

He had left early in the morning to go to the bazaar, and so when he left the castle city the sun was still low.

He started out initially going along the Kabrin road, a much easier walk, but eventually after a bell or so of walking he cut off into the bronze woods to explore the wilds a bit.

Clyde would keep walking for several bells, until he got tired or found a spot he thought might be suitable for a campsite.
Purchases :
1 ounce of cherries- 5 sm
1 ounce of elderberries- 1 sm
1 pint of honey- 1 sm
1 pound of smoked beef- 4 gm
Total: 4 gm 7 sm
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Alexander Demarcus on July 13th, 2016, 5:45 pm

Alexander Demarcus

8, Summer 516

Alex stood in the middle of the fields as always, he watched the farmers work from a distance, there was a small stream beside him, a mouse stopped to drink, using his soulmist he flung the thing away. There was a summer breeze of course he couldn't feel it but he saw the way the crops bent and swayed. The farmers began to move towards his location. Alex turned around and blinked rapidly into the bronze woods.

Alex moved through the woods quickly, in truth Alex had no business to attend to here but Alex like to come into the woods, the beautiful scenery provided a distraction. Alex remembered coming here as a child barely seven summers old and full of life. Then he remember how he and his killer planned to stop in the forest on their adventure, how he missed the innocence and bliss that came with youth. The leaves rustled as the wind blew them, the birds flew overhead, the world was peaceful and silent one could easily get lost in the woods beautiful embrace.

The sun was low in the sky. Alex spied a man around his age setting up a camp, with him was a hound. Alex smirked to himself, using his soulmist Alex flung a rock near to the man and shouted out "These are my woods stranger and you are trespassing!, His voice disturbed the natural quiet of the woods, the birds began to cry out in panic and the sound of the hound barking filled the air, Alex rapidly blinked towards the man and stood behind him. Alex first materialized then he reached his arm out in order to scare the man.
Alexander Demarcus
Spirit of the fields

Words: 4941
Joined roleplay: June 30th, 2015, 8:57 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 13th, 2016, 10:02 pm

Clyde had been walking for a bell or so when he found a nice spot for a campsite. He could see a nice small stream off to the side, which looked like fresh water. It also didn't have too many big tracks, about the only sign of large predators he was familiar with as he didn't have too much skill in tracking.

He was just taking off his pack and setting it on the ground, when he felt a cold presence against his aura, a feeling more than a sensing. Soon after he heard a low growl emitted from Rye, the sound he was trained to make. He didn't bark, as that would be far to noticeable and could attract notice, and so in his training such things had been taught out. Instead he let out a low growl, something noticeable to anyone close by, but which quickly broke off to those further away.

It was the cue Rye made when he noticed something might be a threat.

As Clyde began to look about for the source of the cold touch and Rye's growl, he heard a dog or something similar barking off in the distance. Perhaps off with another hunter, or even a wild hound. Clearly not one as well trained as Rye.

When a rock fell near him he darted his eyes to see the source of the motion, only to see a man. Only... Not a man... Even in the shading under the trees, he didn't quite look right. That, tied with the cool feel against his aura, gave him an inkling of what he might be. A spirit.

Willing a strand of his djed out of Cha, he concentrated his aura sight, the ghosts dead aura blooming to life around him. Right away he sensed the coldness, could taste the flavor of moldy bread upon him, of death. In his aura sight he could see him, see him more truly than his mundane eyes.

When the man then accused him of trespassing, and began to jump from one spot to another by vanishing and reappearing close by, he knew his assumption was confirmed, even more so than what he'd seen in the aura.

However it was odd, since while he seemed to vanish from his mundane vision, within his aura sight the ghost seemed to simply move quickly, as if he was leaping about in sudden bursts of speed and quick motion, but not truly vanishing as he appeared to do with more mundane sight.

As the spirit neared Rye didn't react, didn't run or anything, instead simply continuing his low growl at the spirit, though the hound with his more mundane vision had lost track of the ghost.

Clyde on the other hand hadn't, and still knew exactly where the ghost was as if he'd walked right there within his field of vision. He had done his odd jumping and vanishing trick, and appeared behind him.

He was out of his mundane eyesight, now that he'd stopped, but had an awareness of where the ghost was now that he was locked in his aura sights focus.

However Clyde didn't turn to face the ghost, not wanting to give away that he knew where the spirit was. He knew this would be a further test, to see what the ghost would do when he thought Clyde wasn't aware of him.

His assumption that the ghost was a violent spirit was confirmed when he tried to take advantage of his seemingly hidden position to reach out and grab at Clyde.

Before the spirit could reach him with his extended arm, Clyde turned on the spot to face the spirit, swinging Cha in his grip as he did. He aimed the swing of Cha in his turn right for the extended arm of the ghost. If his aim was true, and if the ghost didn't stop, the blow of Cha's strike would go right through the spirits arm.

Of course, since Cha was a specially Magecrafted staff, one imbued with soulmist from a powerful ghost, Cha would be able to touch the spirit as easily as if it was a item imbued with well crafted soulmist.

“Not today!”
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Alexander Demarcus on July 15th, 2016, 9:27 pm

Alex saw the staff before it hit but didn't have time to move his arm away, Alex expected the staff to go through him, he was shocked to be in pain when he heard the staff connect and a man shout ""Not today!". The voice was loud and commanding yet the hound still did not bark, it was well trained.

Alex moved backwards to avoid another twack, "Ouch, i was only having fun with you", Alex began to rapidly blind around the strange man surrounding him, Alex stayed well away from the reach of his staff.

Alex began to lose energy quickly but he couldn't show that to the man, he might be able to exploit any weakness.using his soulmist he flung a rock straight towards to mans right leg,"I don't want to fight you friend, please do not make me" Alex pleaded with man, this was fun but Alex was tired.
Alexander Demarcus
Spirit of the fields

Words: 4941
Joined roleplay: June 30th, 2015, 8:57 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 19th, 2016, 12:10 am

His blow connected with the spirit, as much as any physical attack could strike a non-physical entity.

More to the point it passed through the ghost, colliding and connecting to a degree as it struck, interacting with the spirits soulmist as it did.

He kept the spirit within his aura sight, keeping an awareness of it, as it moved back away from him.

He simply shook his head as the spirit told him it had only been trying to have fun. He'd heard that before. He'd also had a ghost threaten to rip out his still beating heart, among other things. He also knew that ghosts, and other threats, tended to flee or pretend to have not meant harm when they suddenly realized they had met a match in what they'd before assumed was a piece of prey without any danger.

Once more the ghost began to jump around, flickering in and out of his mundane sight. However within his aura sight he kept a constant awareness of where he was and what he looked like. However even as it flickered and dimmed and jumped within his mundane sight, he felt he was slowly getting better at seeing it.

He could only assume this was his training at seeing ghosts as a spiritist, at sensing them, through his long exposure. It was no were near as exact as his aura sight of the ghost, but it was better even than he'd been a year or two ago.

When a bit of the ghost snaked out like a sea beasts tendril and grabbed at a stone, only to yank it towards Clyde, he saw the action. Turning to face the incoming stone he swung Cha in a two handed grip like she was a bat and knocked the offending rock flying away.

Annoyed now at the spirit, Clyde snarled his words.

“Liar! Lies from a liar! You attacked me! Don't play the victim. You still attack me. I am not in the wrong, liar, for defending myself when you attacked unprovoked. Twice now you've attacked, even while the second time begging to be left alone.”

“Lies! If you didn't want to fight, you wouldn't attack. No, what happened is this. You thought to have your 'fun', to attack me and play with me. You assumed me easy prey. However now, now that you see I have teeth, can defend myself, oh well suddenly you didn't mean anything but fun, and don't want to fight. I'll have none of your lies. Don't pretend now that you face unexpected repercussions, that you didn't mean what you meant.”

“Now, apologize, and no more lies!”
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)