OOC Info Questions and Answers

General or Specialized questions and answers

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Questions and Answers

Postby Crow on July 24th, 2016, 11:16 pm

x
x
x
Ravokian

Questions and Answers

Come my children of Rhysol. Post your questions here, or forever feel the wrath of chaos. Rhysol wants you to learn more of the city, and the storytellers here are more than happy to assist you in your endeavors. So please post your questions here for all to see. No other posts should be made in this thread.

All questions will be placed in the post below and answered accordingly.

If you find any lores that don't seem to match up with the city or if in general you want to know about something that you can not easily find, the storytellers will do their best to assist you in this. Knowledge is power.
Crow

Questions and Answers

Postby Crow on July 25th, 2016, 12:22 am

x
x
x

Questions and Answers

This will be the thread for listed questions and answers.
Crow

Questions and Answers

Postby Sayana on July 25th, 2016, 4:02 am

So somewhat of a specific question. As I was reading through the lore, I saw two sections regarding race relations. One for interactions within the general city of Ravok (Race Relations in the Codex), and another for Ebonstryfe recruitment (Lore page for Ebonstryfe - Recruitment).

Specifically for Eypharians, the former states:
"Eypharians are rare in Ravok, and seen as unusual. Being non-human, they are also looked down on, and their extra arms give them a disadvantage rather than an advantage in society."

Whereas the latter states that Eypharians are never accepted/recruited into the Ebonstryfe and has an ominous add-on:
"It is important to note however that even though non-humans may be accepted into the Ebonstryfe, it is not the norm by far. There are some races that will find greater difficulty than others while a handful of races will be not be accepted. Those races that are not accepted will more likely be captured, imprisoned and/or exploited in horrendous ways."

Since the Ebonstryfe is the police system (as I understand it), would Eypharians be subject to such capture and exploitation if found on the streets of Ravok? Or would this only happen if an Eypharian was attempting to become part of the Ebonstryfe and found out to be rather non-human?

Thanks a lot =)

Credit: Shimoje
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Questions and Answers

Postby Crow on July 25th, 2016, 4:30 am

Great Question Sayana,
Eypharians are never accepted for recruitment into the Ebonstryfe. As such, they wouldn't even allow you to go through those trials. If an Eypharian somehow convinced them, the background investigation would be intense, and anything that led to the assumption they are not wholly devoted to Rhysol would most likely lead to their death on the spot, if not worse circumstances would occur.

In society, the Ebonstryfe after spotting an Eypharian would most likely keep watch on them for quite some time, before finally either deeming them useful to them or harmless. If deemed useful they would surely seek to capture them. Rather than a police system, the Ebonstryfe acts more as a warrior caste of the Black Sun.

Rhysol would take anyone that would follow him, but until they become a full citizen of Ravok, they would face hardships as a Eypharian. With proper plots it would be possible to walk the streets. Besides, from what I understand you hide your arms most of the time anyways.

Crow

Questions and Answers

Postby Sayana on July 26th, 2016, 12:04 am

Thank you very much Crow for clearing that up. :)

And how'd you know Sayana often keeps her lower arms concealed? :ninja: Someone's been following up on me, or someone's been spilling my secrets...

Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Questions and Answers

Postby Crow on July 26th, 2016, 12:09 am

An evil storyteller always keeps tracks of those that fade to the dark, my pretty. You're being watched, as is all evil characters across Mizahar.

Crow

Questions and Answers

Postby Yisanareysin on July 26th, 2016, 11:18 pm

Are there any restrictions, OOC or IC, on playing a PC from one of the five families? And are there any responsibilities or anything else that come with playing one, in Ravok or elsewhere?

Snake Tongue | Common | Arumenic
ImageImageImage
Yisanareysin
Sneaky Snake Spy Extraordinaire

Words: 314458
Joined roleplay: June 8th, 2014, 7:40 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Questions and Answers

Postby Crow on July 26th, 2016, 11:23 pm

Great Question! Each family does have different requirements to join. For a blooded PC; you must follow the designated specifications as ruled under their requirements. For a Non-Blooded to join a family there is a separate requirement. Non-Blooded specifically means under special circumstances like adoption, marriage, or wealth-bought.

Slaves can also join as part of the families, and I am currently working on a slave information form which details the exact benefits, requirements, and threading responsibilities for roleplaying as a slave.

You can find all of these requirements listed on the lore page Ravok Families

~Thanks to Aladari Coolwater for the template
Crow

Questions and Answers

Postby Sayana on July 30th, 2016, 2:10 pm

Hey Crow,

Just a small typographical note. On Luvet's page, he has "Teaching" listed twice in his skills (35 & 50).

Also another question. What is the approximate ratio between Ravok Citizens, Slaves, and Non-Citizens? I was looking up numbers and noticed that the Ebonstryfe is approx 33% of the population and the Black Sun is approx 10% of the population. I would gather that there are not many Non-Citizens. Would Non-Citizens just be traders and the occasional traveler?

Thanks

Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Questions and Answers

Postby Crow on July 30th, 2016, 3:49 pm

Great Question Sayana,
90% of the city population is human. The other 10% are non-humans, which 90% of that 10% are slaves. With a population of 15000 the numbers look like this.

City population-15000
Humans-13500 : Ebonstryfe 4455, Black Sun 1350
Non-Humans-1500 : Slaves 1350, Non-slaves 150

This population does not include secret members of the Ebonstryfe which are located in different cities or the Dravlaks. Full Ebonstryfe has 4000 soldiers 500 ranking members, and 100 dravlaks. If you do the math that means that 45 members of the Ebonstryfe are somewhere else.

~Thanks to Aladari Coolwater for the template
Crow

Next