OOC Info Questions and Answers

General or Specialized questions and answers

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Questions and Answers

Postby Emilia on July 30th, 2016, 5:22 pm

Okay, to start, I am so happy Ravok is open now. I've been more an observer of Mizahar for a while now, but now that Ravok is open, I couldn't help myself!

Alright, to the question at hand. What cities trade with Ravok? Or is it more of an individual merchant basis, since it doesn't have the best opinion in Mizahar?
Emilia
Player

Words: 1847
Joined roleplay: July 30th, 2016, 5:18 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Questions and Answers

Postby Crow on July 30th, 2016, 5:49 pm

There are no distinct trade routes between Ravok and any neighboring or far city. As such, most of the trade comes from traveling merchants and visitors. Merchants require inspections and get permission to enter the docks and then the city. The most likely cities which would have individuals trade with Ravok is Nyka and Mura, although no specific trade guidelines are set between the cities. As such; trade throughout the city is prosperous and the city is mostly self-sustaining. Due to Ravok being self-sustaining the need for trade between other cities is sparse.

~Thanks to Aladari Coolwater for the template
Crow

Questions and Answers

Postby Joanna Arbor on August 5th, 2016, 3:03 am

Are we (me in this case, obviously) allowed to submit write-ups in the development thread for unit members and Commanders? Not only as a way to help develop the Stryfe but also help others follow along throughout threads which those NPCs are involved or mentioned?
Joanna Arbor
Player

Words: 5401
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2016, 2:07 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Questions and Answers

Postby Crow on August 5th, 2016, 3:11 am

You are indeed. However, please keep in mind that creativity is key. All NPCs must follow the requirements to be said rank the same that players are expected to follow.
Crow

Questions and Answers

Postby Joanna Arbor on August 5th, 2016, 5:05 pm

I have a few more quick questions.

1. What is the manner of transportation for the Paladins' horses from the city to the shore? A larger vessel I assume, but is there any information about it? Also, how do they get from the stable at the Vitrax to the docks? Shipping a 1,200 pound warhorse down the canals sounds... complicated.

2. Are companions like guard dogs allowed in the barracks with their owners?

3. Do the free classes at the Institute for the Stryfe and Black Sun need to be approved, or can we just start them?

That's all for now, thank you.
Joanna Arbor
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Questions and Answers

Postby Crow on August 5th, 2016, 5:49 pm

Great Questions Joanna.

1: Horses are not actually held on the city. Just outside of the edge of lake Ravok is the The Lakeshore Outpost therein lies the The Elderbay Stables. It wasn't mentioned that the Ebonstryfe or Black Sun hold their horses here, so I will fix that.

2: Companions of all sorts would be allowed in the barracks as long as they were tamed and properly taken care of. Please note that the barracks features separate small rooms rather than a simple bay with a bunch of beds. As such, privacy is a commodity.

3: Lesson could be started, but please let STs know of your intentions. Make sure to follow the guidelines and the struggle of learning difficult subjects. PCs not in the Ebonstryfe/Black Sun are required ST permission to enroll.

~Thanks to Aladari Coolwater for the template
Crow

Questions and Answers

Postby Joanna Arbor on August 5th, 2016, 7:19 pm

Thank you for all of the clarifications!
Joanna Arbor
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Questions and Answers

Postby Sayana on August 23rd, 2016, 2:27 am

Hello there,

If traveling from the North Ravok Outpost to the city of Ravok, would one take a boat from the north end of the lake directly to the city? Or would one first take a boat to the Southern Trading Post (as it is the typical 'entrance' to the city)? Or would one travel by land around the lake so as to enter via the Southern Trading Post and then take a boat to the city?

For reference:
Southern Trading Post / Lakeshore Outpost
North Ravok Outpost

Thank you =)

Credit: Shimoje
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Questions and Answers

Postby Izuyanai on August 25th, 2016, 2:25 pm

I assume the Rising Dawn has been destroyed? (Booo)
If so, the lore page might want to be updated. I was confused as to whether or not they were still active.

Thanks for working so hard on the city!
Izuyanai
I'm back!

Words: 165305
Joined roleplay: September 14th, 2014, 8:14 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)