Mud and Treasure (Caela)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Mud and Treasure (Caela)

Postby Riluc Lorrani on July 29th, 2016, 2:39 am

Riluc Lorrani

3rd of Summer

Riluc Lorrani had arrived to find a city recovering from flooding. He had walked the streets of his old and now new home. It was different view it from the eyes of a human insttead of a wanabe canine. As he looked around he remembered looking up at the humans in the city with all their wealth and comfort. The ease in which they lived. He had been jealous and hated them. They were not to be trusted and avoided at all cost. Riluc still felt that many were not to be trusted. Especially here. He saw much more now. They people of Sunberth were a wild and dangerous lot. They were independant and yet clanish. They were faithful to their pack but only so far and only as long as the pack didn't expect past a certian point.

Regardless of the chaos of its inhabitants, Riluc was here to stay for a while as he learned about balance and his faith in Caiyha. So as part of that he desided to help in rebuilding the city, and they would start at the river bank. Rlic had arrived that morning dressed in his normal garb of a loinclot wrap and his sandles, as well as rhe customar knife and glare. Riluc didn't scowl, actually the only expression on his face was the look in his eyes tat said he would hurt anyone who messed with him.

Riluc paused as he arrived admist at the construction site. Sheering up the walls of the river would never have occured to the wild man. A river was a force of nature, something beyond control, something that just was. Yet here were men fixing it parth, and revuilding destroued banks to keep the river in the spot that it was assigned.

He raised and eyebrow but didn't say anything as he was ushered into the mass of men and women working on the project. His expression didn't show the fact that he was exceptional uncomfortable amongst all of the people. Soon he found himself in front of the man making assignments. The man had noticed Riluc earlier and more importantly had noticed the look women were giving him as he stood statusques. Riluc meet the man's and could see the animosity in the man's eyes. The man was in his middle years and had gone to some efforts to keep himself fit, but Riluc could tell he was getting softer in his middle age. His face wasn't handsome in any more. To much drink had made the mans red and swollen, and his scowl had left marks around his mouth and eyes. Riluc could read pride and arragonce in the mans face, and by te way he kept glancing at the women in te crowed he was a ladies man. Riluc could see this man was treatened by him. In all reality thus man seemed threatened many people.

"I need you to go farther up river and scout out the see were needs the most immediate attention. The man said pointing down the river. Riluc looked down suspected he was getting a stupid assignment, but decided it wasn't worth the fight. "Don't go to far I will have some others to join you." Riluc's gaze turned on te man, and there was a brief flinch before he scowled and turned away. Riluc walked over and sat on a pile of lumber seeing who would join him in scouting the river for collapsing spots.

Riluc Lorrani
Wilder

Words: 52787
Joined roleplay: April 30th, 2016, 12:20 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Mud and Treasure (Caela)

Postby Caela Dorin on August 10th, 2016, 8:18 pm

On a good day, Sunberth couldn't be called beautiful and in the days following the recession of the flood waters, good definitely wasn't something that the city was experiencing. The river had caused much of the damage as the torrential rains had made it swell over its banks to fill the muddy streets and nearby buildings with brackish water. Businesses like the Pig's Foot had already dealt with the water damage and were back up and running but there were still many places that couldn't afford to carry out such repairs without help. As a rule, Sunberthians were far from being the charitable sort but they'd happily offer their services if they thought it would benefit them in some way. The biggest draw for "charitable" citizens was gold of course but in the case of the river banks, people wanted to make sure they were well fortified so that the waters wouldn't invade again. If they happened to find a bloated corpse or two that had fallen foul of the rains then they'd be sure to bury them--after relieving them of their valuables of course.

Caela had decided to offer assistance, not because of the bodies that could be looted--although she wouldn't turn down any opportunities that arose--but due to the trouble the floods had caused her. The Pig's Foot Tavern had had to temporarily close and the dancer had been forced to go to the Drunken Fish for work instead. The experience had been far from enjoyable and she had had to deal with some of the worst attention from customers that she'd ever had the misfortune to suffer. If such a thing were to happen again, the blonde would sooner jump headfirst into the swollen waters with stones in her pockets rather than endure it. The young woman didn't know how she could be of assistance but she was glad to do her part if it was possible.

The dancer had dressed practically in trousers and a dark blouse for the occasion, but despite her modest clothing she attracted quite a few interested stares as she moved along the river, searching for some sort of organisation to the operation. Caela tried to tone down the swaying of her hips but she doubted that she could quash the confidence that was evident in her stride. Despite her efforts, when she neared the man in charge of handing out jobs, he spotted her before she set eyes on him. The moment she found him in the crowd, at the heart of the work, she discovered that he was already staring right at her. His eyes were full of lust and, while she looked around desperately in the hopes of finding someone else in charge, she knew that she'd have to listen to what he deemed to be sweet words. It was with great reluctance that she approached him to ask what there was around here that she could do. The blonde gazed into his ugly, pockmarked and drink ravaged face and had to fight to prevent her lips from curling into a grimace as he smiled at her.

"Oh, I'm sure a pretty girl like you could do some things for me, all right," he crooned, taking a step nearer to her as he waggled his eyebrows. She leaned away from him, escaping the stinking breath that passed through the gaps in his mouth that weren't filled with crooked, yellowed teeth.

"I'm sure you could think of some things but I want to know what I can do about the river," she replied, placing very clear emphasis on the last part. His smile faltered a little before taking on a more leering quality, his hand snaking out to grasp her upper arm and begin to stroke up and down it. The dancer made a noise of disgust and made to pull away from him, his grip merely tightening.

"Now, now, sweetheart. You don't need to be so cold! Mel could find you a nice handy job and I'm sure it'd suit your... talents," he murmured, eyes moving hungrily up and down her body. She used the hand of her free arm to attempt to pry his fingers away but he caught it and held it firmly, tugging it so that she was suddenly off-balance and found her momentum carrying her into lecherous arms. He wrapped his arms around her tightly, pressing her hard against his body and grinning mere inches from her face. The tip of his tongue slipped out to wet his bottom lip and the sight of it and the forced closeness made her snap. She lifted her leg, bending her knee in the process so that it slammed into his crotch with all the force she could muster. Mel rose an inch or two off the ground in his shock and pain before he released her and staggered backwards, clutching his damaged goods as he started to splutter his guts out. As soon as he let go of her, the blonde took quick, light backward steps to put some space between them. He was trying to curse her, his voice coming out in wheezing gasps as he glared at her with tear-filled eyes.

"I already told you why I'm here. I'm not interested in anything you think you can give me, you old bastard so tell me what I can do to help with the river situation and I'll be gone. Keep cursing me out like that and I might kick you again for spite," Caela told him coldly, gazing down her nose at him as he tried to recover from his agony. He gestured towards a man sitting on a nearby pile of lumber and then waved in the vague direction of upriver.

"Scout ahead... He... Go with... him," he choked, making a shooing motion as he began to gradually straighten himself again. "Out of... my sight."

"Gladly." The girl danced around him, remaining well out of his reach, as she made for the man he'd indicated.

"I'm to go with you. Something to do with scouting. We have to go now though before wheezy over there decides he's able for revenge," she told her new companion briskly, eyes speedily tracing his form up and down before she turned and set off in the direction that Mel had indicated. The other man was sure to follow her and when he did, hopefully he'd explain what it was they were supposed to be doing. She hadn't gotten a whole lot of information from her victim.
Caela Dorin
Seductress

Words: 472136
Joined roleplay: January 1st, 2014, 12:00 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)