Closed A Night To Never Be Forgotten ( Kaie )

Skyard gives Kaie a gift, one that is so important to him that she may as well be given his life.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

A Night To Never Be Forgotten ( Kaie )

Postby Skyard Underwood on August 14th, 2016, 2:30 am

Summer 4th 516 A.v

The darkened skies were absolutely gorgeous, and quite an interesting sight to behold. Light of various vivid colors, and sizes as well as shapes were very clear and visible. Although the summer heat began to fade away, and a cool breeze overtook the night the Lion remained restless. He was often a nocturnal predator who found pleasure, and calm in the night; Skyard awoke next to his Bond-mate. They had spent nearly the entirety of the day apart from one another, and with that being said the night would be his. Skyard felt as if he were one with the night, and this was the time he had been the most alert through the course of the entire day. The Kelvic took a moment to reflect on their actions as of recent only to smile. He reminisced about the few days they had spent together so far. The sweet memories of her touch, her love, and her compassion were enough to make him forget that the world around him existed for a moment.

Skyard stood tall, and attempted to wake Kaie as she lay beside him held in his loving embrace. The platinum-blondes hair draped over his right eye, they had spent the night in her home and he had not yet been used to his current surroundings. He thought to himself that she deserved to be treated as if she were the most valuable and important woman in the world. He would give her just that, and show her how important she was to him. The Lion could not possibly think of a location that he could take her. Perhaps he would take her to his favorite spot to visit when night fell; Leths observatory. That particular location was the most gorgeous place to view the stars from, and it was there that he would tell her something that has been on his mind for quite a while.

Tonight would be the night that he gave her something that he has valued the entirety of his life. However, he would make sure that he concealed it before she would ever have the chance to see it. After all it was supposed to be a surprise, and he began the process of properly waking his love. Skyard planted several soft kisses along the length of her neck, and proceeded to kiss her lips. He thought that this was an appropriate method of waking up; in the arms of her bond-mate. Although he was certain that she would not be happy when she woke only to see that he would wake her up in the middle of the night. Following the delivery of his affections he spoke softly to her.

“My love.. there is something I have to show you. Something that I must do tonight, and I want you to be there with me every single step of the way. You are special to me, far more special than you'll ever know. I want to take you somewhere, and show you what you mean to me. Get up beautiful, lets go.”

Skyard concluded his soft-toned speech, and sat upright. He immediately got up, and exited the bed in order to throw on his leather armor. The armor was incredibly dark, and costed him quite a pretty miza to purchase; it too was valuable to him. Skyard quickly visited his home; which had not been too far from that of Kaie's own surprisingly. He returned with a large bag, and something heavy rattled about in the bag. Yet, he refused to reveal the identity of what he would soon give to her until they reached the tip-top of the observatory.

Skyard Underwood
The Snow Swept Warrior

Words: 205954
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2015, 5:20 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Kaie on August 15th, 2016, 12:30 am

Within the safety of Riverfall and the arms of her bondmate, the Akajia's few bells of reign were comforting to the Myrian. The fall on Syna from the horizon signaled the end of another busy day for the average city dweller. Merchants packed up their carts and closed down their stalls. Parents returned home to embrace their children and tuck them into bed. Tavern parties raged on for a time, but eventually they too ended and crowds dispersed. A quiet lull would fall over Riverfall for the Myrian to explore untethered. Yet her new life with Skyard had started off to be equally wild and exhausting in all the right ways. Thus, sleep wasted no time that evening taking her.

Her apartment was nearly bare, lacking decorations and style befitting a person's domicile. It was intended to be a temporary living space in the first place. Clothes were tossed about the room in allusion to earlier activities. Her gladius rested in its sheath atop a dresser, cleaned spearhead sitting beside it. The rest of her possessions had been shoved out of the way into a small closet. Even the small table and pair of chairs by the window appeared to be an after thought.

Kaie was roused from her dreamless sleep by gentle pecks of affection along her neck, the warmth of her lover's touch bringing a smile upon her face. Morning already? her tired mind questioned while her eyes remained closed. His lips met hers next, forcing the Myrian to pry her eyelids open with a gentle groan. A copper-skinned hand lifted to rub the sleep from her eyes. Her brow furrowed, gaze squinted as she blinked toward the window. Not even a single ray of Syna had reached through the glass. In fact, no light but the moon and stars illuminated the room. Petch.

When Sky left her side after a short explanation for waking her, Kaie finally relented to his will. One leg swung over the edge of the bed. Then the other. She rubbed at her eyes again before planting both feet on the floor. If he hadn't been so sweet, she might've berated him. While he dashed to presumably visit his own place, the reluctant Myrian set about dressing herself in loincloth and leather vest. She grabbed her weapons belt from the top of the dresser, strapping the gladius to her side. "Where the petch are you taking me, Skyard?" Kaie questioned herself in her native tongue. It was surely in vain.

Before long her bondmate returned in a stunning ensemble of leather armor. Hailing from a world where leather was a celebrated trade and common attire, she believed it to be of fine standing. Its dark contrast was interesting against pale skin and bright blonde hair. In his hands was a mysterious bag. The Myrian rose a brow at him questioningly, but like this nighttime surprise, she had a feeling he was going to hold out of her for a while. Nonetheless, she humored the man.

"As much as I love the night, I do love my sleep. Where are we going? What's in the bag?" Kaie bombarded him in Common, apparently wide awake now that she had been roused from deep slumber. All she could bring herself to wonder was: what in the gods had gotten into her beloved?

Kaie
Player

Words: 1635197
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2013, 3:13 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Skyard Underwood on August 15th, 2016, 1:36 am

She wondered where it was that he would take her, and Skyard was not one to spoil surprises. He quickly slung the bag that he once held in his hands over his shoulders, and grasped hold of his beloveds right hand. He intertwined his fingers with her own, and a smile crept across his visage. The Kelvic chose to answer her questions in the most simple forms possible in order to prevent revealing everything to her all at once. “ My Love, tonight is spectacular and although I know that you love your sleep.. I am the most active during the night, and it is the time of day that I enjoy the most. I have something special in store for you tonight, when we reach the destination I will reveal to you what I have hidden in this bag.” Skyard concluded his brief speech as he led the way slowly. His night leather boots hardly made a sound as his heels impacted the ground slowly, but steadily.

The wind picked up speed, and beneath the moonlight the couple walked along for a brief moment there was silence. Tonight was the night that Skyard would share everything that he had to offer with her. They had not truly known one another in terms of history and how their personalities actually functioned. However, they knew everything about one another physically, and could practically identify one another at vast distances. Skyard wanted nothing more than to give her the gift that he waited so patiently to give her. The Kelvic has never trusted a person quite as much as he trusted her. After all they were bonded; that meant that he could share everything with her, and that included his deepest secrets.

The scent of ocean air filled the winds, and whilst they walked side by side Skyard turned his head toward her. He stopped in his tracks, and turned toward her only to release her hand and grasp a firm hold of her hips. Skyard pulled her in close and began to speak in a soft tone to his lover; before they went any further with this journey he wanted to make sure of something. With that thought he began his brief statement to her.

“I love you so much, Kaie.. Before I came across you I believed that I had lost purpose. I had forgotten why it was that my heart continued to beat despite how badly I wanted it to stop. However, when I met you I realized that I was meant to find you. Seeing you is the best part of my day, and at night I dream of the day that I can visit your home, and love you for as long as I live and even beyond that day.”

Skyard spoke as he locked eyes with her, and he proceeded to wrap both his arms around her waist only to uplift her. He concluded his momentary speech, and decided that he would give her one more statement. “ It is with those words, that I make a promise to you. I promise to you from this day forward that not even death would separate me from your side.” He spoke softly as he began to kiss Kaie far more passionately than he ever had before. The intensity of the wind began to cause their hair to entangle, and the pairs shadows danced in the night.

There they stood, in the middle of the street, before they had even began their journey to where Skyard would take her tonight. Lost in a moment of passionate bliss, and as his lips connected with her own he felt at peace. For once in his life he could say that a single person took him by storm, and like a thief in the night snatched his heart. His only hope was that she would not destroy it as Aaron did in the past.

Skyard Underwood
The Snow Swept Warrior

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Kaie on August 15th, 2016, 2:07 am

Damn him, Kaie thought to herself as she stood there, listening to him dodge her most pressing questions. Her lover would reveal neither cause, destination, or what was in the bag he'd brought. She crossed her arms. He could call her "my love" all night long if he wanted to. It certainly hadn't been exhausted from his lips after forty-eight eventful hours. Pet names outside their bedroom paradise would not distract her tired mind, torn from sleep from the secrets he kept from her. It mattered not how mundane they turned out to be. The suspense was frustrating enough. She pursed her lips and tugged her boots onto her feet. The Myrian followed him out the door.

Strands of her hair were gently swept behind her back by the night time breeze. Where Leth did not illuminate their path, collections of lit torches littered the main streets of the city like breadcrumbs. Her boots clicked now and then as they walked, heavy feet incapable of being coaxed toward stealth in her current state. When Skyard stopped without warning, the sleepy savage walked a few paces ahead before she even noticed. The grip of his hand in hers pulled her back, and readjusted upon her hips instead. She rubbed at her eyes again. It was a tough bell to get all sentimental. His words tugged at her heartstrings anyways.

Kaie wrapped her arm around his lower back in response to his honesty. She let her head lean against him. "You already know the feeling is mutual, Skyard," she lulled in return, only to be lifted in his chime of personal truth. Her lips moved willingly against him, indifferent to the stir of her hair in the wind. Before he put her down, her amber gaze certainly tried to glimpse into the contents of the bag to no avail. "The only side I could be beside that isn't yours would be my Goddess Queen's in death as her Shadow Guard. Dira does not claim us yet. Let us not speak of her coming while we still draw breath."

The Myrian offered him a smile before pulling back and taking his hands. "Come on. Bring me to this place you obviously think is worth stealing me from my bed for." Her feet began to step backward along the street, coaxing him forth again. Warm eyes locked on his, then dipped to the bag before impatience became evident on her features. "And open that petching bag at some point soon for gods sake."

Kaie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Skyard Underwood on August 15th, 2016, 3:33 am

A bell had already passed while they continued their short journey to the Observatory, and they had finally reached the top. Skyard made sure that her hand remained within his own, and it was there he would open the bag. The night Sky from atop the Observatory was far more beautiful than it could ever be from below. The sky could only be described as an ocean of beautiful color, and up close one could even identify various shapes within the Night Sky. Thin clouds remained visible, and at this altitude the wind blew even more ferociously and of course hair would continue to flutter. Despite the violence of the wind; the night was relatively calm, and the streets that were typically flooded remained still. Skyard knew that she had already been frustrated with the fact that he kept a secret from her.

However, now that they reached their destination he would be a man of his word. He had already told her that he would not unveil what was in the bag until they reached the destination. Skyard had heard several rumors about this specific location; it was often times thought to be the most beautiful location in all of Riverfall at night. Skyards eyes widened; the sight was absolutely spectacular, and it was like nothing he had ever seen before. He could have sworn he saw movement as if a foreign object had soared right through the Skies. The Kelvic removed the thin straps from his shoulders, and opened the bag without hesitation. Only to feel the chill of the blades cold-steel. Along the hilt were three simplistic engraved letters that would hardly be visible at this time of night. The letters read “Sky”, and stopped right before they reached the pommel of the blade.

Skyard parted his lips and spoke to his beloved softly. “This is what I waited to show you for so long. I have never used a weapon before, and I do not intend to ever have to use one. This body that I have been gifted with is all that I intend to use in battle. This blade is yours, and I want you to learn how to use it. My master of the past forged this for me, and he told me that this blade carried my soul. I would not trust anyone with this blade under normal circumstances. However, Kaie I trust you, and I want you to use this blade to the best of your abilities. If you ever find yourself in the absence of my presence for any extended period of time.. I want you to grasp hold of the blade tightly, close your eyes and think of me.” Skyard spoke as he dropped the length of the hilt in her hands; the blade still remained bone-chillingly cold.

If she were to draw it from its imprisonment she would quickly realize that its surface was clean; so clean that one would think it had never been used before. The hilt was peculiar in the fact that the guard appeared to be meant for use as a striking weapon. However, the odd curvature of the blades length meant otherwise. Obviously the blade was meant to slash an opponent and cause severe damage to the soul unfortunate enough to be stricken.

Skyard wasted no time, and directed his attention toward the Starry night Sky. “Kaie, I am going to tell you a little story from my past, Although I am not the best storyteller I can almost recall detail for detail what it was. “ Skyard remembered the day that Aaron took him to the top of a guard tower, looked out toward the sky and told him an elaborate tale. Skyard could only hope that he could remember it all.

“There once lived a Man, one that had been incredibly proud of his ability to Slay others but with a single swing of his sword. In his teenage years he had a brother, and although his brother was not a swordsman; he was proficient in the usage of his hands. One was a master at making use of an extension of himself; the other perfected his mind, body, and soul. Yet, on one unfortunate day their fathers kingdom had been invaded. Their enemies fought with an army of ten thousand men, and his fathers kingdom held a mere two thousand. They all rallied up, and despite the fact that they all had a lack of armor and the amount of equipment; they managed to win the war and do the impossible. When all odds were stacked against them the brothers persevered. However, several years later the brother that wielded the sword died at the hands of the same blade that he struck down so many with, and the other survived for many more years. Because of the fact that when a man lives a life of senseless violence, and evil he will die the same way he lived. Yet, a man that makes sacrifices, is disciplined, and masters himself before he masters a weapon will outlive his adversaries.”

Skyard concluded his story, and wondered if she received the subliminal messages. Hopefully she would understand now why Skyard refuses to wield a weapon. The Lion wants to master himself before he masters anything else. He does not want to wield an extension of himself in combat if his body is not proficient enough to be made use of without the weapon. The flux discipline was forced upon him; not because his master truly wanted him to learn magic at all costs, but because of the fact that the Flux was the sole magic capable of unifying the mind, the body and the soul.

Skyard Underwood
The Snow Swept Warrior

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Kaie on August 15th, 2016, 4:40 am

Skyard must've realized how serious she was about wishing to have the surprises unveiled. Once she got him going again they didn't pause in place until they reached the Observatory. The view was the top was a scene to make one breathless. Thousands, no, millions of stars dotted the black sky with none but Leth to outshine them all. They glistened in the night like diamonds stuck within obsidian, winking down at the pair of lovers lost among them. A smile twitched upon Kaie's lips. No matter where she went in the world, the night sky was always the same as home. Somewhere her clan was looking up at the same constellations and wandering the jungles in the grace of the moon god. She swore she'd never seen Riverfall look so beautiful. Eyes finally pried from the scenery to look upon her lover, and she knew there was no one else she would rather share the moment with.

Finally Skyard relented to her pestering. His hands reached into the bag for one final reveal. Amber eyes widened, mind racing like a child trying to guess the contents. The item was not what she had expected. Not by a long shot. Her brow rose. The sword was a wonder to behold; expertly crafted, and clearly personalized. Upon its hilt were letters spelling out something she could not decipher. As he explained the sword, Kaie's eyes remained locked upon it. Master. There was that word again. It stirred something unpleasant inside the woman as she listened, though she held her tongue as the gravity of the reveal weighed upon her. "It's...mine?" Her bewildered gaze flashed up. She blinked at him and began to shake her head, but the sword dropped into her willing hands that came forth to cradle it.

The weight of the weapon was nearly perfect, and the chill of steel against warm flesh caused an appreciative shiver to run down her spine. Her grin widened. Cold as his blue eyes. She stepped back from Skyard and moved one hand to wrap around the hilt. The other hand rested along the smooth, flawless blade. It was so pristine she wondered if it had been well cared for or perhaps it never saw blood. Turning from her love, she extended her arm and twisted her wrist about. Unlike her gladius, there was something cleverly designed to protect her fingers during swordplay. The curving edge of the blade was a new detail as well, and already was her mind beginning to wonder what it would be like to handle it. Silence persisted and she continued to feel out the gift as Skyard told a peculiar story.

By it's conclusion, the Myrian had brought the blade to rest on both her hands once more. Perplexity riddled her features. She was no fool. The story was more than a tale, or perhaps old history, designed to caution away the use of weaponry. Skyard never toted any sort of blade or other protective item on his person wherever they went. At first she had assumed it was to ease his transition, or perhaps because he was proud and a lion was born with weapons of their own. Now she was beginning to suspect something else. Is it because he sees himself as the brother without control, or he just aspires to the legend of the self-controlled warrior? The more she thought over the story, the more questions she found herself asking. Is he trying to warn me of my lifestyle, trying to make me connect with the violent brother and observe his end? He doesn't know enough about me to make that assumption...though I suspect it wouldn't be hard to guess.

"I always wanted to be a great soldier when I grew up. I didn't just want to be the one sending the most kids home with bruises and bloody noses, I wanted to be so much more. My father was an accomplished fighter, but he never rose in the ranks because he is a man. I still wanted to be like him," Kaie began to muse quietly to her lover alone, gaze drifting skyward. A soft, nostalgic smile turned up the corners of her lips. "I was so eager to just pick up a sword, but he made me work with my bare hands first. I needed to become the weapon before I chose to pick up another. My father would always remind me that a warrior well versed in naught but a sword is a dead man the tick of a disarm. 'Master the hands and you will never fight unarmed,' he'd tell me."

Kaie took one last look at the sword before she extended her hands out toward Skyard. "This sword was forged for you and you alone. I cannot accept this from you. You'll need it the day you're confident you have your shyke together." Her eyes were apologetic. Yet what else was she to do? How could she take something of personal sentiment from a budding warrior?

Kaie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Skyard Underwood on August 15th, 2016, 5:37 am

He listened carefully to her tales about her father; how she wished to be like him and how the women obviously were more powerful than the men in her society. However when she gave her final set of words about the fact that she did not want to take the blade Skyard raised a brow. The Kelvic took her all the way out here, and even woke her from bed with several of his affections. Skyard was not about to let her refuse the gift that he wanted to bestow upon her; it was special to him, but nothing mattered to him beyond Her. Skyard immediately voiced his opinion about her refusal of the gift.

“No, this sword might have Sky engraved on it.. Which of course is my nickname, but that does not mean I alone will ever put it to use. The blade is yours now, and yours alone I will not take it back. “
Skyard spoke in a firm tone as he placed his hand atop the sheathed blade and gently pushed the blade toward her. She had yet to realize how much potential damage the sword could do to any adversary in her path. However, Skyard would make her well aware of the fact that the weapon she now held was devastating. “Aaron always told me that this sword holds power. So long as you are its wielder you will not lose a battle; For you fight with my Spirit and courage at your side. Now that I have handed the weapon over to you, I want you to battle with my Ferocity. “ Skyard concluded his brief speech and immediately stepped forward.

Following his step forward he embraced Kaie lovingly, and tightly. His arms wrapped around her shoulders as he knew she still held the blade, but that did not stop him from kissing her lips several consecutive times. Within the stone room they found themselves in there were simplistic stone benches attached to the wall. Suddenly; he felt as if everything slowed down all at once, and even the wind began to calm down. As if a spirit had entered the room; the pair could hear audible whispering from an unknown location. Skyards eyes closed, and he had not been distracted by the whispers because all he paid any attention to was his lover. Skyard proceeded to move from her lips to her windpipe.

Skyard teased and gently drug his teeth across the flesh of his Bond-mates throat. Suddenly; Skyard was robbed of all the air in his lungs, and his eyes snapped open. The voice of whatever it was sounded strikingly familiar, and Skyard immediately recognized it. That was no ordinary person, and it certainly could not have been a man because of the fact that they were alone. The voice was that of his aforementioned Master, and The Kelvic found himself horrified. The Lion turned about in a single swift motion only to step backward. What he saw was a blue apparition, and although it was hardly visible he could still see it. He saw the man and although he had been nearly transparent; he was clothed in a large hat and a green garb. His clothing resembled that of the typical wizard. A standard layered robe, a hat, and a staff; this was none other than his master of old.

“Skyard... Sky.. I'm proud of you my boy.” Spoke the apparition, and Skyard simply stared on with horror. This was the man that abandoned him all of those years ago, and put him through so much pain. Why is he here, and why would he want to talk to Skyard?

“Sky.. I will make this quick.. this will be the first and last time that you encounter me this way, and you... “ The Apparition pointed at Kaie.

“You are his new bond-mate. The moment that he gave away the Scimitar I knew that I had to see him again.. One more time. I am what you call a Ghost now Skyard.. I died, and they Lied to you.. The Order, the Knights are terrible people. I'm sorry, Skyard... However, you have made the right choice and found yourself a better Bond-mate. I forced you, I made you do things that you did not want to do. You learned more than I ever thought any Kelvic would be capable of.. You were... My-” The apparitions words were cut off by Skyard; his blood boiled at the sight of that damned man.

“Y-...You Abandoned me! You Left me!... I Saved your Life that night, I was Pin cushioned with arrows! I was poisoned! I was pinned up against a Tree because of you, Only for you to Leave me... I will-...Crush you!” Skyard exclaimed at the top of his lungs as he charged forward Only to realize that his hand had gone through the body of his former master, and struck a wall.

Just as suddenly as the “ghost” appeared it disappeared, and that had been his first encounter with one. As his hand struck the wall behind where the apparition once stood; Skyard found that he began to slide down the wall. Once he landed upon his knees, he proceeded to punch the ground beneath him. “No!.... No... No.. No... No!!” Skyard spoke softly, and now all that remained in the room had been himself and Kaie. The Lion breathed heavily; as if he had just sprinted for an incredibly long distance. A single tear streamed from his right eye, and he remained there on the ground.

Skyard Underwood
The Snow Swept Warrior

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Kaie on August 16th, 2016, 2:11 am

Kaie bit her lip. Have I offended him? The raising of his brow suggested as much, but his gift was more than she felt right accepting. She lowered her eyes to gaze upon the beauty of the sheathed weapon remaining in her hands. The Kelvic would not accept her refusal. Whether or not the weapon truly held Skyard's soul or made its wielder invincible was not readily known to her. Nonetheless, if it was his honest desire to see her bring death with its sharpened edge in his name, the very least she could do to show gratitude for such a thoughtful gift was oblige him. Kaie welcomed his embrace despite her busy hands with an eager meeting of her lips to his. Suddenly the air around them seemed to change entirely.

An amused smile spread across closed lips as eyes fell closed while her bondmate tended to her. A murmur seemed to be all that created sound in the room besides that of his kisses against her warm flesh. She knew it to be the wind. It must have been. No one was around, and even if she was wrong and there had been someone lurking nearby to watch their affections, it mattered not to the Myrian. The visitors overlooking one of Riverfall's most notorious beaches certainly didn't hinder either of their advances. The memory of such risky behavior only made his touch more exciting. It left her far sooner than she expected.

Amber eyes snapped open the tick she felt the dread of her lover's emotion as if it were her own. Her brow furrowed, and in typical Myrian fashion, she tore the sword from its sheath and spun around when Skyard began to back away with wide eyes. Her teeth were bared for whatever it was presenting itself as a threat, eyes wild and mind confused she had sensed no malice. The thing that met her eyes nearly unhinged her jaw. Ghost! She grit her teeth, hair standing on end at the call of her lover's name from the voice of the apparition. It neared with positive, calming words aimed toward the pair of living present. Shock kept the sword firmly in hand anyways.

The last ghost she knew was that of a little girl named Kouri. Not only was she so immensely powerful that the greatest warrior Kaie had ever known relented to her will to avoid a tantrum of epic proportions, but she was sadistically psychotic. There was also that bit about her being unstoppable in the face of all but a spiritist. The raw hatred and anger building in her bondmate did little to soothe her anxiety. Suddenly, a ghastly finger was placed in her direction and the robed man addressed her. It was only then that the spirit could be identified and the reason for his appearance placed. Aaron...as in ex-bondmate?

Kaie turned her head to peer at her beloved when realization hit her. The Myrian was bewildered, lost, and scrambling to put together the story of Skyard's past that was unraveling before her. Betrayal. Deception. Cruelty. Disgrace. These were the most fitting of adjectives that seemed to describe the aftermath of Aaron's disappearance in the lion's life. Her brow furrowed, and when her lover charged forth to punish the villain that had evaded his wrath for so long, she did nothing to stop him from seeking his own justice. As his fist plunged through a disappearing Aaron and into a wall, she finally retired the gift to its prison. She slung the sword around her shoulders so it rested against her back.

"Skyard," her voice was uncharacteristically soft as she approached where he had collapsed and knelt beside him. There was much she could say to him in that moment. She could pester him with more questions about the being that had presented himself after years of watching the lion suffer his absence. She could recount her experience in the wake of her father's death in the Sea of Grass, wrongly assure him she knew exactly what he was going through. Worst of all, she could've lectured him empty messages filled with motivation and positivity: lies she hated most of all. Instead Kaie merely wrapped her arms tightly around him and leaned her head upon his shoulder for a time.

After a few chimes of silence and embrace, she released him and adjusted herself so she sat perpendicular to him. Bronze hands seized his, pulling them toward her for inspection. Blood seeped through raw wounds upon his knuckles. Trails of red dripped along his flesh, beginning to fill in the shallow lines of his skin. "I know I only met the guy for a few ticks, but he seems like a real asshole." She weakly flashed him her teeth. One her hands reached up to wick the tear upon his cheek. Then she took both his hands and stood up, beckoning him to rise with her rather than remain in defeat.

"Come. He's gone now and hopefully he'll return to Dira rather than bother you again. You brought us to a beautiful spot and presented me with a greater gift than I'd ever ask from you, one that I will use to honor you. Let him not ruin our night."

Kaie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Skyard Underwood on August 16th, 2016, 4:21 am

A smile crept across Skyards face as she knelt down next to him, and offered him comfort. Her touch instantly calmed him down, and he began to wonder why Aaron paid a visit in the first place. Skyard locked eyes with her as she rose up, and grasped his hands; he followed suit without question and stood erect again. She was right their night did not have to be ruined, and they shared a moment that Skyard would never forget. Skyard would not allow his pathetic ex-bond mate to walk all over the beautiful Night that they had spent together. He spoke to her in an unusually firm tone. “You're right, he is an asshole. Petch em' anyway. After all he might have come simply because he's jealous of us from beyond the grave. He likely knows that I can love no one and nothing above you.” He concluded his brief statement with a kiss upon her lips only to lead the way out of the observatory a split-tick later.

A half-bell had passed and Skyard had given his love just enough time to go home and drop off the weapon he had just given her. He somehow managed to convince her to stay out with him for a bit longer, and took her to the Suvan suites in order to rent a room for the remainder of the nigh, and they were due to leave by tomorrow night. Skyard decided to ask the man a quick question regarding maid service; only to find out that Maid service would be offered for only an additional gold miza. Skyard decided to rent the largest room they had available. The large two person suite costed 15 gold miza per night, and in addition to the maid service it would cost a grand total of 16 gold miza. The Kelvic knew that was a rather large and somewhat costly price, but it was one he had been willing to pay so long as he got to spend the night with Kaie.

Life with his bond-mate was lovely, and he could go as far as to call it amazing. She was far more than he could ever ask for, and everything he ever wanted in a woman. Skyard took the key from the man at the counter and grasped hold of his lovers right hand. They would spend the remainder of the Night there, but Skyard wanted to make things a bit more interesting. He told the maid to go out and get the couple a large amount of ale. Tonight had obviously been a night of learning; the longer they remained together the more that he got to know her and vice versa. The maid returned swiftly with a large bottle, and demanded an additional five miza for the strong ale. Skyard quickly placed it her hand, and rushed her out of the massive and beautiful suite.

The suite had been incredibly elegant, and filled with incredibly gorgeous velvet colors. A large carpet, several plants that stood proudly in pots, a massive bathtub and a gorgeous view of the night sky so high that one could practically see the entire city all at once. Skyard closed the door behind the maid, and his eyes widened at the dimly candle-lit room. My goodness this is absolutely gorgeous the Lion though to himself. He wasted no time and the moment that the door closed he immediately scooped up his bond-mate in the same fashion that a groom would pick up a bride. He carried her over to the large bed and proceeded to drop her before he began to slowly but steadily remove his leather armor piece by piece. The moment that he removed his shirt he proceeded to toss it aside and paced forward slowly.

The Predator wasted no time in taking advantage of the situation. He had her right where he wanted her, and tonight would be the night that he took her by surprise. His wounds from a bit earlier healed swiftly, and had already become nearly nonexistent. He interlocked fingers with his lover, and proceeded to passionately kiss her windpipe. He would not allow her to have much time to react, and immediately ran all of his fingers along the length of his lovers exposed thighs whilst he continued his onslaught of affections. Skyard began to give her small love bites along the flesh of her neck. Just as quickly as he gave his affections in one area he moved on to another, and began to kiss downward in a trail that lead to the button that withheld Skyard prize. He gently bit the leather vest and popped open the button only to kiss away at her sternum. Skyard would experiment with her tonight, and he would not allow himself to take her nor would he allow her to take him until she was driven mad. Skyard wondered how long the tease could last, and only time would tell.

Skyard Underwood
The Snow Swept Warrior

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Kaie on August 16th, 2016, 5:55 am

Considering the trauma Skyard had just endured, he composed himself quicker and more wholly than any mere mortal should've been capable. As soon as his expression of a cocktail of emotions had been finished, he relented to the suggestions of the Myrian. Soon enough they left the beauty of the observatory. It was a place now spoiled that evening by the unwelcomed appearance of apparition. Instead they opted to book a room at the Suvan Suites to share their company. Hopefully no baggage from either of their paths would follow them there. Nonetheless, Kaie made a last quick stop at her home to drop off Skyard's scimitar before meeting him at the resort.

Ale was serviced to them, their room was exquisitely beautiful and more romantic than the Myrian had ever observed before. One look around the large amenities and Kaie had nearly forgotten the beauty the observatory had offered just a bell or so ago. Instead she was wooed by the prospects of the materials that littered their temporary stay and how the pair might utilize them for their comforts. In typical Skyard fashion, he scooped the grounded personality that she was off her feet to drop her upon the massive bed.

Amber eyes roved his body as each piece of armor was discarded at his feet. He was a different kind of animal tonight. Still a lion full of lust and passion, but the mood was different compared to other nights they shared a bed. He was more forceful. Goal-oriented, even. He fell upon her when his clothes were removed with kisses against her throat and fingers locked in hers. He was everywhere. Fingers graced her thighs, teeth clamped upon her neck, and trails of kisses left no route untraveled. His jaws expertly unbuttoned her vest, a move that should've driven the Myrian to lust. Lips pecked along her chest. Thoughts swirled within her mind.

An emotion seized her that she had felt atop the observatory, one that was not her own and plagued her since it appeared. Her brow furrowed. The desire for passionate embrace filled with sweet whispers and sensations of pleasure was lost. The Myrian would've been far happier to completely drown recent events in booze and bliss for her bondmate's sake. It would be easier, more enjoyable to forget Aaron and his tidings. Still there remained that emotion she could not name that had been emitted from Skyard when the dead man revealed himself. Kaie could not shake it, try and she might. And the longer she replayed the events alluded to by both ghost and lion, the more she began to understand a simple, painful fact: the greatest depths of their intimacy was purely physical. When it came down to Skyard the Kelvic and what he was made of, the Myrian had no clue.

"Petch that bastard," Kaie exclaimed suddenly with a hand reaching up to gently remove Skyard's touch from her flesh. Frustration boiled in her veins. If there was a way she could strangle Aaron in her grasp, his face would already be purple between her hands. "Tell me about Syliras." She imaged the words to sting, to rip open wounds now fresh with all the cruelty that came with curiosity needing to be sated. "I don't want to know about the two brothers fighting their father's war. I want to know the man I share my bed with. I want to know his strengths and his greatest evils. I want to know why he hates and why he loves. I want to know why he beat his fists into stone when a spirit whispered warnings of lies and conspiracy in his ears."

Kaie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Next