Closed A Night To Never Be Forgotten ( Kaie )

Skyard gives Kaie a gift, one that is so important to him that she may as well be given his life.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

A Night To Never Be Forgotten ( Kaie )

Postby Skyard Underwood on August 16th, 2016, 7:30 am

She was unable to take Aaron off of her mind, and the very thing Skyard wished to avoid she brought to him. He had to answer her questions regardless of the fact that they were not questions that he ever wanted to answer. A sigh exited his lips, and despite the fact that he did not want to answer he began to speak. Skyard released his hold upon her, and quickly laid beside her only to wrap his arms around her waist. If she wanted to talk about the events that occurred earlier he would tell her the truth and nothing but the truth. Skyard locked eyes with her, and his once enthusiastic expression became one of incredible sorrow. From the moment she gave the statement about Aaron he knew that he would have to explain himself. He hoped that she was prepared for the lengthy story he was about to tell her.

“Before my birth, Aaron and his family had taken in my mother, and my father as well only to quickly remove them from the complex equation that is my life. I never got to meet them, and as a result of that I immediately became attached to Aaron. He was like my father, my brother, and my best friend all at the same time. Although he forced me to learn magic, and disciplined me if I had ever done something he deemed wrong I could not see it for what it was. I was blinded by the power of the bond between us, and I simply saw his actions as just regardless of what it was that he did. Syliras as I recall it is a city of Knights with a disgusting smelling castle, and a vast farmland. I attempted to crush him on sight because of the fact that... He left me, or so I was told that he had abandoned me and left me behind to rot and die.

He left me four years ago, and as a younger man I had not been quite as large as I am now. The night was horrible and the sound of thunder rang out through the entire forest. I accompanied him on a patrol mission; as he was a Knight and guarding the city had been part of their job. His particular division did not require the use of armor because he was a mage, and he was an excellent man at tracking bandits. That is why he and I were assigned that night; in my other form I can see in the dark as if it were still the brightest time of the day. However, as we walked about half way through the length of his patrol route we were ambushed. It was my fault, I had heard the sound of metal against metal, and I never notified him. Had I just told him.. He might be alright...

They were bandits, and there were around twelve of them just as we turned around I heard something soar through the air. Then just as suddenly as I heard the sound my Master doubled over in pain, and I refused to allow him to die. I would've sooner killed myself than allow him to die. That is when I turned to face all of the adversaries that wished to collect his body, and fought viciously. I managed to pounce on one of the Bandits and tore through his armor with my claws.. I bit him so hard that I felt his bones shatter in my mouth, and then I found myself tied to a Tree.. I thought that I could repay him with my life if nothing else because of the fact that he taught me that I was forgotten by my parents.. Therefore I owed him a debt, and if I had to die in order to see his survival through then I would.

They took turns stabbing me with blades, and punching and kicking me, and I did nothing but sit there in silence as they interrogated me about my masters whereabouts. I would not tell them, but everything became dark a few moments later.. I could've sworn I saw one of the blue men like you often see here fight and kill all of them..

However when I awoke again I was in a bed, at a medical center covered in wrapping of some sort to keep me from bleeding.. When I woke I was given a bowl of food by the Akalak, and he told me what he had known me for a very long time. He told me that he had been impressed with what I had done, and then he touched me.. When he touched me I felt something sear onto the back of my neck. My head began to hurt, and he told me to use the “Evantia” often but never with malice.. He told me that he would be watching me, and I await the day that Wysar returns.. He saved my life, despite the fact that my Master had abandoned me, and fought off the very people that would have killed me had he not arrived. That is why I serve him, and the day that I meet him again I will praise him, and show him my gratitude. “
Skyard concluded his story only to answer her other questions.

“Why do I love.. I love because of the fact that without Love I would not be alive today. I love because of the fact that However, what it means to be in love to me is to be completely, and totally dedicated to a single person. To prioritize, and value the heart of that person first and foremost. The person that I love is you, Master. “

Skyard decided to get back on subject, and explain what he thought that Aaron meant with those words of conspiracy earlier. “I believe that he was telling me something... I know that he disappeared during our fight against those bandits, but I knew that he had not been captured nor Killed by them. That was not possible, because of the fact that I would have known if he had been killed. I would have known something, but I felt nothing and Knew nothing. The Knights were the ones that told me to forget about him, and that he abandoned me. I knew Aaron though, and I knew that he would not do that.. They had to have killed him..” Skyard spoke and his voice cracked a bit.

Although his heart had practically been shattered when he heard Aaron speak again; he decided that he would attempt to regain his composure. Skyard did not know of anything else that could comfort him, and all he knew to do would be to hold his bond-mate tightly. He proceeded to kiss his lovers lips one more time, and her touch certainly did calm him down. All he could do now would be to await a response..

Skyard Underwood
The Snow Swept Warrior

Words: 205954
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2015, 5:20 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Kaie on August 17th, 2016, 1:10 am

The murder of the mood was one of the most heinous acts Kaie had committed so far this season. They were in a gorgeous setting ripe for romance. Candles were lit, the sky was alive with its nocturnal beauty, and the body of her lover was bare before her eyes. Still there laid the fact she knew the flesh but not the man, so though guilt and frustration would linger over forcing her lover's mind to the past, she would choose to wade into the dark alongside him. The greatest respect she could offer Skyard as he recounted events of days passed was her silence and undivided attention.

The twisting turns of his life story were beyond foreign to her for reasons besides the fact she was a Myrian. It seemed that his origins were peculiar from birth. Parents were stripped from presence and thus influence. A discipline was thrust upon him by his life's most meaningful figure. The knighthood of Syliras was not an order Kaie cared much for. They were a collection of well-outfitted, disciplined soldiers that kept peace within their city. Their penchant for pacifism while wielding sword seemed to make them a hypocritical parody of themselves. The only knight that the Myrian had ever come to genuinely respect was a man named Marcus. Compared to that friend, the apparition met in the night and featured in Skyard's story did not appear worthy the title of knight. But it was not Aaron that was most intriguing.

The blue Akalak that Skyard swore to have been Wysar was a legendary god in Riverfall. Though she had never been inside, the Myrian had passed by his busy temple where crowds of Akalak paid homage daily. Kaie's brow rose. Touched by a god...like me, she realized quickly. She knew her mark to be a gift from Myri that lent her strength and prowess in battle. Did this Evantia offer her lover something similar? Kaie continued to ponder the weight of the revelation while her bondmate moved to quite literally answer her philosophical questions about him.

Kaie waited for a half chime to process all the information laid before her. Then she moved. One hand gently turned his face away from her while the other reached behind his neck, fingers hovering just above the blue flame marked upon his flesh. "I had thought it might've been a tattoo," she admitted lamely to the man. She shook her head. Then she turned her own head and parted her hair for his own inspection. Upon her neck rested distinct claw-like scars in the same place he was touched by Wysar. The Myrian dropped her hair back over it and turned toward him again. She gestured toward his mark again. "This is your Evantia? What does it do? Can you show me?"

Kaie
Player

Words: 1635197
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2013, 3:13 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Skyard Underwood on August 17th, 2016, 2:57 am

A soft sigh exited The Kelvics lips, and he hoped that she had been pleased after practically being told his entire life story. He did not want to leave out a single detail and as far as he knew that was all he had to tell her. She suddenly said something peculiar regarding the Evantia mark upon the back of his neck; she thought that it was a tattoo. Following that statement she asked a question about what it was capable of. Skyard could only tell her what he knew of it, and how he experienced it.

“What if I told you that I can anticipate almost any move you make before you make it in combat? I'm not saying that it is an easy thing to do, but that is what the evantia does. It expands an aura around a person that can only be seen by its user, and within that aura I can predict your movements. “ Skyard spoke to her in response to her question.

He could only hope that his answer had been adequate enough for her, and then he asked a question of his own after she revealed her mark to him. Skyard glanced over at the large bottle of ale before his eyes locked with that of his lovers again. “What about the mark of your god, what does it do? “ Skyard beckoned her whilst he decided to release her, and he threw his legs over the bed only to grasp hold of the bottle of ale and the two glasses set aside for them. The Kelvic motioned at his bond-mate for her to come over to the small round table with two chairs.

Skyard downed the first glass, and immediately disregarded the question he asked earlier as if he had already forgotten it. The strong and yet sweet taste of ale in his mouth distracted him with a single sip. He decided that he wanted to carry on with the game that they played at the Beach. “Come, let us drink the night away beautiful.” he spoke softly, and in the back of his mind he knew that the game he had already played with her before would be boring. Therefore he wanted to take things in a different direction. Skyard made the decision to play a game based solely upon the various things in the room.

“Okay, so we are going to play a game after you have your first glass until the bottle is empty. The rules are the game are simple, I will give a description of something in the room, and you will be given thirty ticks to figure out what it is. If you cannot figure out you will drink a full glass of ale, and you owe me two kisses.”
Skyard spoke the rules of the game as he took the first turn.

“There is an object in the room, and it is very well crafted, it is red and folded in several layers, tell me what It is?” Skyard began their game, and a smile crept across his visage temporarily. He looked to distract her so that she would have a bit less time to look over the room in order to find the object. Therefore he leaned over the table and gave her a peck upon the lips before he sat back down.

Skyard Underwood
The Snow Swept Warrior

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Kaie on August 19th, 2016, 5:15 am

The Myrian's brow furrowed as her bondmate described his god-given ability. Based on his explanation, it seemed to be quite a gift to possess indeed. The skill of correctly anticipating and reacting to an enemy's movements against oneself was key to surviving combat. To be certain in one's guess would greatly stack the odds of the fight ending in one's favor immeasurably. She wondered if it was in any way like her Danger Intuition, a skill that manifested without welcome or explanation but a gift nonetheless. There was potential for growth in her own new found ability, but something told her that Skyard's probably had fewer potential repercussions when epiphanies struck his conscious.

"Your god Wysar has truly blessed you," she conceded the light praise for the Akalak deity, amber eyes following her lover as he rose and made way for the ale. She rose to seat herself in one of the chairs. The sound of rich alcohol filling their cups was the only music in the room. She rolled her eyes at him. A drinking game?

The eager Myrian did not hesitate to take her cup from her lover with a teasing eyebrow cocked. "Alright," the Myrian allowed with a confident shrug of her shoulders, taking a sip of her ale if only to sate her desire to taste it. All she had to do was find an item. She had a pair of well-trained eyes. How hard could such a task be? Yet Kaie settled her gaze only upon her lover's face. The crooked smirk upon her lips could not be restrained.

Without so much as another word, the Myrian willingly tipped the cup back to her lips and tilted back her head. Ale slid down her thirsty throat in paced gulps. It wasn't long before she was finished and the cup was firmly placed down to be filled once more. Lips presses to his twice before she sat back in place. A bronze hand found the ale and wasted no time refilling the emptied cup. "Blanket," the Myrian offered smugly.

The woman couldn't help but notice how deeply one-sided the game seemed to have been denied. She simply would not have it so. Her own clue was voiced before the Kelvic could interject. "There is an object in the room that is brown, dead, and warm. What is it?"

Kaie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Skyard Underwood on August 20th, 2016, 6:09 am

Skyard smiled a bit the moment she kissed his lips, and thought that for a moment she had given up when she decided to take a drink. She guessed the blanket, and of course she had been correct. She asked him the next question, and he hardly knew how to respond. “Brown, Dead, and warm.” Skyard thought to himself as his ticks ran out, and he decided that he may have to resort to things he would not typically think of.

He searched the room and found that majority of the colors in the room were crimson. However, the only things he knew to be brown without a thought were her Loincloth, her vest, and her hair. Yet, he knew that her hair could not have possibly been “dead” as it was still attached to her head. Therefore the answer could only be her vest; or so he thought. He hesitated to speak and the moment that he had his answer decided upon he spoke. “Your vest” he immediately raised his cup, and downed the ale.

Rather than nearly vomit as he did the first time he tried her Wine; Skyard enjoyed the flavor of this particular brew. The flavor was quite a bit smoother than he expected it to be. He enjoyed the somewhat sweet taste, and refilled his glass without a second thought. Skyard quickly leaned over the table and gave his lover two almost simultaneous kisses. He did not mind taking a loss, after all their game was meant to be a combination of fun and competitive. He really enjoyed all of the time that he got to spend with her; after all she had become the most important person in his life.

He came up with another question very quickly, and decided to make it obvious. He would be surprised if she did not guess this one correctly. “There is an object that is beautiful, and glows brightly; it even has a distinct scent.” Skyard spoke as he eyed his lover in hope that she would answer correctly. With nothing but one glass he already felt a slight buzz from the ale. The Lion was not a man often found to drink, and this had only been his second time therefore he had no tolerance. Perhaps their little “game” would help his lover take her mind off of Aaron.

Skyards eyes continued to wander, and he looked for more objects in order to continue their game with. Their night save for Aarons visitation had been absolutely perfect. Skyard did not mind doing anything it took to please his master, and for now the simplest things seemed to work.

Skyard Underwood
The Snow Swept Warrior

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Kaie on August 22nd, 2016, 4:09 am

Kaie rolled her eyes at Skyard upon hearing his guess. Of course the man had been correct. The room was nothing but a red sea. The only contrast that broke the theme was essentially the two living inhabitants, and between her brown leather vest and loincloth, the loincloth was certainly not her source of warmth.

She nodded her head at him to confirm his suspicions, but the man downed the drink designed as sweet punishment anyways. It brought a smirk to her face. For a man who had not yet acquired the taste of ale, Skyard was handling its consumption surprisingly well. She gave into his short display of affection as reward.

The sensation of his lips upon hers was not one permitted to linger for long. They were engaged in a competition, and be it a petty drinking game or not, she planned to either win or out drink him. Her lips pressed together in thought. Beautiful. Glows brightly. Distinct scent.

She raised a brow, amber gaze darting about in search of the object. When she seemed to find it, the smirk on her face widened. The Myrian turned back to her lover and eyed him as she downed her cup yet again, the ale welcomed quickly by the thirsty woman. Yet again the cup was arrogantly placed upon the table, the savage leaned back and crossed her arms. "Candle." It was truly the only object around them that fit the description.

It was her turn once again, and the Myrian was going to make sure the game didn't become too tedious. As in all things, Kaie sought to provide a worthy challenge. "There is an object that is..." Something in her eyes turned especially devious. "Red. It covers something in the room." While her lover deliberated her vague clue, the Myrian set to refilling her drink. It mattered not if her lover was more clever than she was at the game. Soon enough, just as in war, endurance and experience would exhaust his tolerance and will.

Kaie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Skyard Underwood on August 22nd, 2016, 6:34 am

Skyard sighed in relief; he did not know whether or not his guess would be correct, but she gave him a sign of approval. His lover seemed to be unaffected by the ale, and he already had been. He had not realized how she would win the game, and it certainly would not be by outsmarting him. She had more experience with ale than he ever had; this had only been his second time drinking and both times had been with her. A person could very easily become addicted to the taste, and he immediately understood why she enjoyed it so much.

She guessed correctly again, and immediately recognized that the object he spoke of was the candle that lit a single corner of the room. Her next statement was made and he had to think about it for a brief moment. She mentioned that an object was red, and covered something. What in the petch does she mean it's red and it covers something? The whole room is red, and I don't know what she could be talking about! Skyard thought to himself as he took a moment to glance around the entirety of the room.

Was it the curtain? No, that would be far too obvious; or maybe that was what she wanted him to think. Therefore he decided to spout out the word, and he could only hope that he would be correct. Skyard began to feel wary about the fact that he continued to drink the ale, and the more that he consumed the stranger he felt. Skyard did not know whether or not the Maid intended to poison him, but he certainly felt like it. “Curtain” Skyard spoke before he uplifted the cup and downed yet another cup filled with ale. Mere ticks later he began to feel as if his perception had slowed a bit; the shadows projected by the candle danced a bit more slowly than they had before.

Skyard filled yet another cup for himself, and he raised the glass into the air a bit. “A toast to our future, together.” He concluded his brief statement, and awaited a reaction from his bond-mate.

Skyard knew that she had already vowed to remain at his side so long as she lived, but the Lion thought to honor their bond. After all the bond was the single most sacred and important event in the life of a Kelvic. He wanted to cherish each and every precious moment that he had with her. He knew that at any given time something could separate them physically. However, the one thing he was certain of; that he could trust her to find him even if they were separated, and that he would stop at nothing to return to her side.

Skyard Underwood
The Snow Swept Warrior

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Kaie on August 23rd, 2016, 3:50 am

It appeared her cruelty paid off. Sure enough, the odds Skyard would incorrectly guess the object she had spotted played directly in her favor. He must've known he was certainly wrong, for the man turned his cup upward to down its contents. "Bed covers," Kaie corrected him as if it should've been obvious. It wasn't totally unfair. Had the comforts of the beds they shared ever truly drifted that far from their minds? Not even Aaron could quell those thoughts for long. Kaie couldn't help but exhale a laugh when she spied the tell-tale haziness in her lover's eyes. The alcohol was taking hold of the inexperienced drinker, slowly but surely. She'd long forgotten the ease of slipping into drunkeness as a light-weight.

"To our future," The Myrian concurred with a raising of her own filled cup. As long or short as it shall last. It was a morbid thought. She'd readily admit it. Only a fool would deny the perilous lifestyle she lived and discount each brush with Dira it brought. Skyard was strong, loyal, and courageous. Whatever future they would share, there was no doubt that it would burn hot and bright before it burned out. The Myrian set to drinking some of the ale once more in observance of the toast. When she was finished, the savage cast aside thoughts of the last game. Instead, she thought to choose a new one. A game of her own that required a far different skill: intuition.

"New challenge. The rules of this one are simple: you guess something about the other person correctly, they drink. Guess incorrectly, you drink," the Myrian instructed as she narrowed her eyes. A flick of her twist stirred the remaining ale in her cup. "I'll got first." She pursed her lips. There was no reason to go diving into his past with Aaron again. He'd been tortured enough by the spirit. Her mind raced to make a new assumption based on the lively personality before her.

"You fear a lack of control in your life. That's why you really don't like to fight with weapons. Flux was forced upon you, but you've come to embrace it like nothing else. You enjoy the way it lets you control every muscle and fiber in your body, and bend it to your will." The assumption was certainly built upon their prior conversation, but she dared to take what he told her just a bit further. All she could do then was sit and wait to discover whether or not she was right.

Kaie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Skyard Underwood on August 25th, 2016, 3:33 am

His lover had a habit of instantly capturing his attention, and she did it again the moment she told him of the new game they were to play. The moment she gave the new rules she began and her words sent a cold chill down his spine. She had practically seen right through him; as if he were no more than a transparent wall and there was nothing to obscure the clear sight. Skyards eyes widened, and he immediately grasped hold of the cup yet again only to down the entire glass again. He knew that he reached his limit, and wanted to stop but he knew that he did not want to suffer the consequences of the heavy drinking. The bottle had already nearly reached its end with approximately four to five more cups before he thought it would be empty. Skyard spoke softly to his bond mate after a brief pause so that he had time to gather his thoughts.

“A loss of control is all that I have ever feared in my life. Yes, while the flux may be a double edged sword and can destroy the body of its user I have come to both love and respect it. Despite all of the hard work and dedication it forces upon me. It is my sword and shield, the day that I master my control I will have gained the ability to master everything, and anything in the world. “ He spoke to her in response to her aforementioned statement before he carried on with their game.

“My turn.”
Skyard spoke and he took a split-tick to think about what he would assume about her. Skyard was never the intuitive type, but using the clues provided by their first meeting a few years ago he came up with an assumption he thought was safe to make. “You've been hurt multiple times in your life, and you've faced challenges that you've thought you would never overcome. You came from a background of glorious combatants, and now that you are here in such a peaceful land you wish to go elsewhere in order to see a bit more action.” He spoke his assumption about her and awaited a response.

Skyard did not care whether or not he was correct, but he did want to stop drinking ale. Therefore he could only hope that he was correct about his assumption. He knew that if he had a few more cups he may find himself on the floor within the next few chimes. The more that he drank the more he realized that what he continued to swallow would eventually bring him to his knees. Skyard did not like the taste of defeat, but he continued to think about the impending doom as he waited patiently.

Skyard Underwood
The Snow Swept Warrior

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Kaie on August 25th, 2016, 8:39 pm

There was no hiding the smugness upon the Myrian's face as she watched her lover finish the cup. Her guess was bold but one that paid off. Skyard was a creature of control, and ironically, his fear is what in turn controlled him. If he did not use his powerful discipline to conquer fear despite the inevitable flirting with death should he fail, Kaie would know him to also be a defeated man. The lion Kelvic was too courageous to fall victim to him own phobias. His risky strives were nothing short of admirable in the eyes of his bondmate, who readily awaited to hear whatever accusations he might make toward her. The Myrian settled back patiently back in her seat. It didn't take the man long to make his attempt.

Kaie furrowed her brow in the face of his assumption. Her lips pursed, but it was more in thought than displeasure. It was a vague concept to say she had been hurt multiple times. Did he mean physically? Did he mean emotionally? In a few short ticks she decided it didn't really matter. Philosophies aside, she supposed no one escaped life unscarred in either sense. She downed her cup as he rules dictated. A buzz began to surge through her veins, bringing a small smile to her face. "Riverfall is a bit too...choking for me," Kaie admitted freely to her lover with a shrug. "A short rest was welcomed, but now I'm just restless. I still must thank it for my newest adventure though." She raised the empty cup to the man before filling it back up. Then it was time to make yet another leap.

"You enjoy Riverfall because it's not Syliras and all that city holds from your past...but it makes you weak. You can spar with the Akalak, sure, but the threat is never real within the walls. You have time and opportunity to train and hone your skills. You have time to focus your goals or pick a petty fight. But at the end of the day, your life is not challenged and your hard work goes untested." If she was correct, it was a dangerous thing to any fighter. She had seen men in the fighting pits of Syliras practice unconventional moves that would strike awe into any onlooker. Yet when they were truly tested with high stakes, they would find their hard work was for nothing. Their golden move was null and void. Their defeat was unforgiving.

Kaie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

PreviousNext