[The Garrison]The end of a Plate to the Tip of an Arrow

Part IV

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on August 13th, 2016, 12:29 am

[X] This Bell and 30 Chimes Later at the Mess [X]

Ser Lavender, "Ser Bastion, pleasure to see you here." The older man turns to face the other Knight and smiles weakly.

"Why is it such a shock to you Ser Lavender?" Retorts the older Knight. Ser Lavender quavers a bit and nods.

"It's been quite some time. Has it not." Says Ser Lavender looking over to Ferrin. The Knight gestures for Ferrin to take a seat wherever a spot is unoccupied. The rest is covered by fellow squires and Knights invovled with conversations. Ferrin was sitting closest to these two Knights in particular. "How do you do?" Asked Ser Lavender.

Ser Bastion replies, "doing just well thanks. How about you? I see your back from Alvadas." The Knight said impatiently. "By Sylir when is that food coming?"

"Perhaps some small talk will do for now." Implies Ser Lavender.

"Ferrin is Ser Xervos your uncle?" Asked Ser Bastion. The squire looked at the man profoundly, but he reluctantly nodded with quick enough speed and barely missed a heart beat for any signs of hesitation.

"Yes he is Ser." Informs Ser Bastion politely. The Knight nodded. He understood quite well.

"Ah, tell your uncle once you get back that I've like to have a few words with him." Responded Ser Bastion.

"Also. That I say hello." Ser Lavender chimed. Ferrin nodded.

"Sure I can always do that." Confirmed the squire with a pleasing nod. Ferrin let loose a smile.

"Ah I'd like that. Thank you Ferrin." Ser Lavender replied. "Are you excitedto learn some .ore archery?" He asks Ferrin. Ferrin nods.

"Yes I am." Said Ferrin with a shrug. Then all conversation subsided and silence slowly filled as some of the chefs of the kitchen poured in with the food and started serving it to the Knights and Squires. Ferrin felt a little drool slip down the bottom of his lips. He quickly wiped it away, just now realizing how hungry he actually was.

"And here the rest of you go. Eat up enjoy." Says the waitress quickly before picking up her apron that dragged across the floor and hurried off.

They start eating.

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on August 30th, 2016, 7:52 pm

[X] The Bailey [X]

"Aye, so your ready?" Asked Ser Lavender with a sly smile leading Ferrin into the Bailey. The Bailey was more than a simple training area. It contained something more than the basics of what is used to train and those who train within it. There was a different feeling... something different versus the Training Grounds at the Stormhold Citadel. It felt more open, and free. Ferrin could feel the winds pushing through his hair without any care whatsoever. It felt good, it reminded him of home.

Not from Syliras. His home, Kenash. Where he grew up and lived for the most of his life. Where his family lived. The home of which his father trained him to become strong, his mother taught him to be kind and loyal. It was all so different now. Now, he had a new family, friends. Even by now a girlfriend, if Jade thinks it that way as well. Though, Ferrin might be pushing it.

"Yes." Click. Something went off in his mind. He wanted more. He needed this training. It was something to look forward to, something to do. This training will more likely transform him into a more stronger man than he ever was before. Was Ferrin really cut out for this? After all, Ferrin was almost sold as a slave just a day prior. He did managed to rescue one survivor though, Ferrin assumed there must be more out there.

The squire turned to face the Knight with dextrous speed. "Do you think there's more of them..." Ferrin asked randomly, well it wasn't all random, he was thinking about it. Though, he knew for sure Ser Lavender was not thanking about it. What was the older man thinking? Could it really be all that different compared to Ferrins' thoughts?

"More of who now?" Ser Lavender asked in surprise and stepped back a bit, clearing up some space between the two. Ferrin took another step back and shook his head.

"The bandits..." He replied dismissing the thought quickly. It was stupid to think there was more, it was even more so stupid to ask. Of course there was more. Ferrin paused, he was trying to figure out what all of this meant. The coyotes, the bandits... what was setting the wilderness on edge? It was all so strange.

"We'll begin a search party within a few Bells. We'll be back before supper. Now let's train." Just like that, Ser Lavender supported Ferrin. Did he know something? Ferrin stepped back once more. Just a precaution.

"Why do you support me so quickly?" Asked Ferrin in awe. Well, almost fully shocked he was, but he wasn't surprised. Or he might've been surprised, but he was just curious.

"Well, we need to make sure don't we. Come on now, bring out your sword and shield and let's get to sparring."

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on September 4th, 2016, 2:06 am

[X] Timestamp and Location [X]

Ferrin charged. He rqised his shortened broadsword and swung vertically. Slashing and aiming for the torso of Ser Lavender. Ferrin assumed that he'll either parry or dodge, but he was meant to go with the first swing. Ser Lavender dodged, Ferrin grimaced and he didn't like being avoided easily. Ferrin wasn't one to give up as quickly as Novice fighters, but he'll certain do his best before he concedes. Ferrin stepped back a few paces.

"You need to work on your strength. Speed too." Commented Ser Lavender with a sly smile. The Knight rushed up and swung with his longsword, Ferrin blocked with his shield. Ser Lavender pulled back and thrusted his blade, aiming for the center of Ferrin. Ferrin parried. The squire then slashed his sword upwards, Ser Lavender just managed to dodge it by turning his body to the side. Ser Lavender then swung his blade across, hoping to catch Ferrin off guard.

The squire jumped back, a little off balance as Ser Lavender swings again. The Knights swings are swift and stable, Ferrin isn't as good as the Knight is, not yet by any chance. Though, he's certainly working on it. The squire blocked the attack with his shield once more, the force of steel against steel almost made his hand feel numb. Ferrin needs to work on using his shield more often.

The squire swung his shield across, aiming to disarm Ser Lavender, but the Knight was to quick and saw the attack coming as he bounced back. "Seriously?" The Knight scoffed. Ferrin cocked a brow, he wiped sweat off his forehead with his sword hand. The squire was anxious to keep things moving.

"Why did we stop?" He asked profoundly. The Knight looked at him oddly.

"I didn't say stop." He replied softly. "Come on." He taunted. "Bring me what you got. Hit me with your best shot." Ser Lavender said. Ferrin smirked.

"You've asked for it." He said in response. The squire rushed up once more, controlling his breathing, in out, in out as he pulled back his shield attempting to fake out Ser Lavender. The Knight ducked as a reaction, maybe he figured that Ferrin will throw the shield at him. Though, Ferrin isn't usually the one getting caught throwing shields when he barely knows how to wield one. The squire then goes for a thrust with Clivath as he does so, Ser Lavender jumps back. Ferrin grimaced. He didn't like this style that Ser Lavender was engaging with.

Ser Lavender swung his Longsword aiming for Ferrins head. The squire ducked. Ser Lavender rushed up and knocked Ferrin down by using his boot to force him down. Ferrin fell with a thud on his rear. Ser Lavender poised his Longsword at Ferrins neck, but Ferrin quickly found the hilt of his shortened broadsword and deflected the final strike. He rolled to the side and helped himself up with the support of his shield.

Ser Lavender looked pleased. "It's a win." Ferrin looked oddly at him.

"What do you mean?" Ferrin replied quickly.

"I mean I won. We should rest and refresh ourselves with more water. Before we spar some more."

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes