PM to join End in fire.

Pathfinding? I dunno what else

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

End in fire.

Postby Hwyn on September 6th, 2016, 5:19 pm

Fall 64th. 516 Av

Wrapping up in a rough spun blanket Hwyn stared unblinkingly at the fire at the center of the camp sight, his body hurt. Not from injury but from the fact that he was unaccustomed to travel, feet hurt, legs hurt, it felt like he'd been walking forever and he didn't like it. and to top it off he was lonely. Clyde was not cruel but as he had once said he did not offer companionship or friendship, and Hwyn decidedly didn't like to talk to strangers, he had found himself becoming more reclusive the more he traveled, when the caravan had first set out her remembered carrying on a polite conversation or two with the others in the caravan, but now the names and faces of those he traveled with for the most part eluded him. He didn't like talking to people, people didn't seem to care for talking to him, he could take orders and reply with a nod, and a murmured yes when needed, nut it felt like his lusts for colors had faded as his gift had given him all the access he could ever desire for colors. and when he used the gift he'd gotten in Alvadas it made his head hurt.

He'd stowed away any colorful clothes he'd had in his travel bags, now he wore a simple black dress that cut off just above his knees and complimentary black undergarments. He'd kept up the feminine facade for the trip, for a couple of reasons, he wasn't really asked to lift too many things and since he'd started the journey in a dress, suddenly telling everyone he was a boy felt foolhardy. So what was he to do? wrapping the blanket tighter around himself Hwyn heard the murmurs of the others around him but they were like distant voices coming through a wall of water, just a gargle of white noise. What he did notice however was the fire in front of him, it was pretty and alive, and to stay alive that fire devoured the wood it was fed. If fire was anything like life was the purpose of life then to destroy so that you yourself are not destroyed?

It seemed an unhappy lonely thought, then again he was unhappy and lonely so maybe their was something to be said for how the world operated. Perhaps happiness was something only those with wealth or those who were content to lie to themselves were able to find. Was happiness simply the act of denying reality? Maybe so, thinking about it kind of made Hwyn confused, he didn't like thinking too terribly much, it felt like the answers to all the questions he asked himself were unpleasant. But was it better to accept unpleasant truths or enjoy happy lies? His life felt like it was built on lies anyways. He lied alot, about a lot of things, but just because he was a liar didn't mean that he had to accept lies? So... well, it was probably better to stop thinking for the moment and find a distraction... he didn't really have a reason to stop staring at the fire, he didn't need to relieve himself or sleep quite yet. But there was simply nothing to do, he didn't feel like picking up his violin, not tonight anyway. maybe he should try and see the colors, he could find ribbons on near anything that moved, the fire didn't really move but he wondered what he could find if he stared long enough.

Opening his eyes, or well further opening them? he didn't really know what to call it, he gaze motionlessly at the fire as he found the ribbons, compared to the luminescence of the fire the ribbons he saw were quite muted. However, they were still there, the ribbons were always there if he could see them or not. Looking for an interesting ribbon to gaze at Hwyn saw the people on the other side of fire moving, but he didn't care much for peoples ribbons, not to say they were boring, they were not, he simply didn't have any interest in people. So he looked for different ribbons, when something finally caught his eye. A log that had just been thrown on the fire, rotten and aged the log sizzled as the water in it's, bark was cooked out, but that was the least interesting part of it. out of the log poured countless tiny ribbons, the tiny paths were fleeing from the fire. like the log had been filled with tiny slow moving things and the fire was scaring them away. Staring at all the fleeing ribbons Hwyn finally saw what the origins were when he followed the tail of the ribbon to it's source. As the source crawled by his foot he realized that the source of the tiny grey ribbon was a small beetle, it's home destroyed by the fire it fled from the consuming blaze.

However looking back to the Fire Hwyn saw that not all the ribbons had fled so successfully, he found a short ribbon, one that led to the fire, and it no longer had an end, just a short tail from the log, to the fire. the creator of the ribbon no longer existed, but the ribbon still persisted. like some grim reminder that something alive had once been here, but had met it's end.

Anyone who observed the boy might observe the intensity with which he observed the fire, the moment he began to use his ability the pink and red corona around his iris's would glow and undulate, though perhaps it was only a trick of the fire reflecting in his eyes.

Credit to Shimoje, the bestest buddy
Hwyn
Soul endowed plushie

Words: 275288
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2015, 1:26 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Donor (1)

End in fire.

Postby Sayana on September 17th, 2016, 10:59 pm

Throughout her recent travels, Sayana had been much enjoying the company of Clyde even to the point of ignoring or ‘forgetting’ about the other members in the caravan. However, one rather ironic drawback was that she had little opportunity to practice magic. Ever binding was the Grand Oath that kept her in check, and in it included the prevention of any magic used upon Clyde himself. Hypnotism was suddenly out of the question and due to her caution, auristics was also left mostly unused. But tonight she intended to change that.

On this cool night, the Eypharian was garbed in a long black satin dress with a dark cloak covering her shoulders to keep her warm. She flitted from campfire to campfire, her boots treading softly upon the forest floor and her figure just a little beyond the glow of the flames. She was ‘hunting’, seeking entertainment and a chance to practice and challenge herself.

She paused a moment, resting a hand against a tree at the edge of the camp. She slowed her breathing, in… and out… and closed her eyes in concentration. Muscle by muscle, limb for limb, she relaxed her body and focused on the image of blackness with a single circle of flame. Her high hand pressed against the tree bark and she focused on channeling her internal energy, her djed towards her hand to feel, to sense, to… She suddenly gripped the tree in a vice-like hold as sensations of the aura trickled over her hand. It was sticky, full of sap. And it was pulsing, full of energy, except no… It was cold, it was struggling, fading.

Blinking her eyes she ceased the flow of djed and looked up at the tree in confusion. Some of the branches were alive and full of leaves but many, most, were bare and more than likely to snap off in a good storm.

Regardless of the state of the tree and its health, Sayana was invigorated by the small success. Her high hand still tingled from the effects but she hoped it would soon pass, just like the tingling that sometimes happened from being in an uncomfortable position for too long.

She carefully stalked along the edges of the camp, keeping out of the main light of the fires. Her footsteps were soft as she avoided crinkly dry leaves and she walked with precision, stepping toe to heel in a smooth gait. When she spotted a lone girl by one of the smaller campfires, she found herself craving to see the aura of a person. While touch was her more instinctive sense, sight certainly had its advantages if she could only practice it.

The Eypharian positioned herself slightly behind the girl and prepared herself with concentration. Once more, slow breaths in and out, however this time she did not close her eyes. Instead she focused on the glowing flames of the fire just beyond the girl’s head. As if to solidify her focus, she gently traced a small circle on the palm of her mid hand. Over and over again. Slowly, she began to divert her focus from the flame to the shadow of the girl sitting in front of it. Sayana imagined opening her eyes to seeing more, and to reach for that faint itch at the back of her mind where her djed lay waiting.

It came slowly, but nonetheless it came. Colours began to drift in a foggy shadow around the girl. There was yellow, mostly yellow, and trickles of blue streaming in little rivulets. As Sayana continued to focus on the aura it seemed to strengthen a little, the outline becoming a little more defined. But even as she stared at it, she found herself growing frustrated. What did it all mean? It was just a random mish-mash of colour that had no apparent sense. At least with the tree there was something more tangible about the aura.

Sayana shook her head in annoyance, but by now she had lost her concentration. When she looked back, the aura was gone and she felt the familiar tiredness seeping into her body.

“Hello there, your name is Hwyn?” Sayana spoke as she stepped out from the shadows and joined the girl at the fire. “I’m Sayana. Mind if I join you?” The question was friendly, but also one she didn’t expect to be answered as took a seat on one of the logs nearby.

“I like your dress, by the way. It’s kind of like mine, but far cuter.” She commented and pointed to how it was cut just above Hwyn’s knees.

OOCHope there's enough there to work with. I got a little carried away with the auristics.

EditMinor revision to her use of auristics. After a comment made by a ST, she probably shouldn't be seeing any indication of the pathfinding at work. At least not via auristics.

Credit: Shimoje
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

End in fire.

Postby Hwyn on October 11th, 2016, 11:50 am

End in fire.

Hwyn was so far entranced by his visions that when the woman spoke to him he was startled enough that he blinked away the magic quickly before jerking to look up at her only to stare blankly for a moment as it took him a moment to register what she was saying, nodding his head once to confirm who he was and a second nod to say he didn’t mind her sitting next to him Hwyn forced a small smile in response to her compliment about his dress. Squeezing his legs together and patting the dress down Hwyn allowed a small giggle to escape his lips, only slightly forced, he had always been weak to compliments and even in a sour mood he wasn’t immune to them.

“Thank you, I-it’s a real shame t-that it’ll be too cold to wear at anymore soon… b-but I think you’re quite pretty too…”

Looking… down Hwyn flushed a bit after the words left his mouth, he’d meant to compliment the woman’s clothing not her… not that she wasn’t pretty but that wasn’t what he’d meant to say, he was so out of touch with words that he’d said something unnecessary and embarrassing.

“Or I mean… y-your clothes are quite nice… not that you aren’t p-pretty but u-uh,... I’m sorry… I-I’ll stop talking now…..”

Hwyn gripped the end of his dress fidgeting with the material in embarrassment, he’d always found men easier to deal with than women and he’d yet to cure himself of his sleight fear of the opposite gender, not like they were scary, it was just often so hard to read their intentions.

“Y-you’re Miss Sayana, right?”

Looking at the woman then back to the fire Hwyn wracked his brain for something to say to send the conversation in a better direction, he didn’t really have much to say but it was probably not a good idea to say nothing at all, that said Hwyn reminded himself of his persona he had to keep active, from keeping his voice light to being polite to everyone, he’d gotten good at his miss’ and misters’ but beyond that he’d avoided people keeping to himself, he was looking forward to his arrival in Ravok he’d heard enough about the city to have created a fairly strong illusion that he would like the city once it had been reached so he was just biding his time until then. Biding his time and trying to look forward to a calmer less turbulent future, no more sailing and no more scary adventures, just a calm relaxing life.

“Miss Sayana… are you looking forward to seeing Ravok? I’m kinda n-nervous about it myself, b-but I hope it’s nicer than sunberth. I’m hoping I can find a steady job once we make i-it… what about you? D-do you have any plans for the city? I’m… I’m just not very hopeful that I’ll find a place to fit in anywhere, all this traveling sure seems to make the world lonely y’know”

This seemed like a safe direction to take the conversation he hope that he could get a little information about Ravok out of her, assuming she knew anything about the place.

Credit to Shimoje, the bestest buddy
Hwyn
Soul endowed plushie

Words: 275288
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2015, 1:26 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Donor (1)

End in fire.

Postby Sayana on October 22nd, 2016, 1:34 am

“Why thank you,” Sayana replied to the girl’s compliment. A smile of gratitude and appreciation spread across her lips. She let the girl muddle through the mix up with the flattery and waited patiently for her to compose herself. It was clear that Hwyn was nervous and probably shy too, so pressing the matter or indicating that she noticed the fluster would only make it worse.

The Eypharian gave a nod when her name was spoken. With an encouraging smile, she then turned her attention back to the fire and held out her hands to warm them by the flames. Even though it was a small gesture, it clearly marked her as different when her six hands emerged from the folds of her cloak.

The calm quiet seemed to prompt a few questions from the girl. Sayana listened to Hwyn fully before beginning her reply. “I am looking forward to seeing the city of Ravok. I have heard that it is a beautiful place and that a powerful god resides over it. I hear he is a god of true freedom, without the limitations and restrictions of other gods. Or restrictions in general, amongst people. It is said that those who are strong thrive well in Ravok.”

She chose not to mention potential repercussions for the weak or how she had been told of the dangers of the city. In her mind, there was excitement to the new place and the dangers just added to such.

Sayana cast a motherly gaze upon the young girl. There was potential in Hwyn, even if she appeared innocent, naïve and rather shy. “I’m sure you’ll do well Hwyn, But if you ever find yourself in a fix…” She offered up a low hand in a friendly gesture. “Needless to say, I’m strong and I’m good at making the right connections.”

Her pride was slipping out during her last statement, but it was clear that she sought to befriend the girl.

OOCSorry for the delay.

Credit: Shimoje
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

End in fire.

Postby Rufio on March 7th, 2017, 5:13 pm

C A T 'S G O T Y A G R A D E

H W Y N

Click :
xp

Observation +1
Philosophy +1
Pathfinding +1
Socialization +1
Interrogation +1

lores

Philosophy: Is life like fire; destroy so as not to be destroyed?
Philosophy: Is it better to accept unpleasant truths or enjoy happy lies?
Hwyn: Even in a sour mood compliments cheer him
Interrogation: Offering a little of your thoughts to tease out another’s
Socialization: Paying compliments

S A Y A N A

Click :
xp

Auristics +2
Stealth +1
Sorytelling +1

lores

Auristics: The feel of a dying aura
Stealth: Rolling feet toe to heel
Socialization: Letting a flustered person compose themselves rather than address their fluster & worsen their anxiety
Storytelling: Sharing what is rumored of Ravok
Ravok: Beautiful city presided over by the god of true freedom
Hwyn: Naïve & shy

Rufio
Player

Words: 286748
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2015, 10:40 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)