Completed Surprise Visit (Gile)

[45th of Summer- Year 516 AV] In which Keira barges in for help.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This lazy agricultural settlement rests on the swampy shores of the Middle Suvan at the delta of The Kenash River. The River's slow moving bayou waters have bred a different sort of people - rugged, cultured, and somewhat violent. Sprawling plantations of tobacco and cotton grow on the outskirts of the swamp in the rich Cyphrus soils, while the city itself curls around the bayou and spawns decadence and sins of all sorts. Life is slower in Kenash, but the lack of pace is made up for in the excesses of food and flesh in a city where drinking, debauchery, gambling, slavery, and overbearing plantation families dominate the landscape.

Moderator: Gossamer

Surprise Visit (Gile)

Postby Kiera on August 20th, 2016, 8:11 am

Keira

Velvet blanketed Kenash as the moon rose gradually into the sky. A cool summer breeze occasionally drew in the scent of the swamps. Animals cried while the low fog of swampy air rolled inland. Night, was settling across the land with laziness that was unlike some of its residents.

Damp heat fanned empty space as Keira panted loudly, her lungs ached and burned as she continuously darted around the inner perimeters of the city. Desperation gripped her with its icy claws as her tiny hands met the metal of yet another closed gate. She murmured a curse under her breath as she peered behind her and sprinted towards an alley located just a bit away just in time for a few guards to appear. Their voices boisterous but curt. It sent a shiver down the girl’s spine. For the better part of the last hour, she had spent it speeding from one end of town towards the other. In the midst of her daily scavenging, she had failed to correctly note the time and that, had caused her to be locked within the city for the night. For any other…for anyone that bore a mark anyhow, the consequences of that would not have been too bad, but for her, a stray that bore no mark of ownership or slavery, with a small bounty on her head, it was downright dangerous. As the sun dipped, the number of guards usually increased. And if that was not bad enough, most of them were owned by dynasty…or at least, that was what Keira vaguely recalled. It was with her unfortunate luck that she had been spotted as she raced for an exit. All it had taken, was a literal slip. In her haste, she had failed to notice the slip of water on the floor left behind when a florist moved his goods inside for the night. The short tumble, had sent her straight into the people she had wanted to avoid the most.

Belatedly, Keira realized just how stupid it was for her to run. It had probably made her that much more suspicious to the guardians. Like beasts, they had sped after their fleeing prey. It seemed like it had been one mishap after the other tonight. Even the twinkling stars that blanketed the lands seemed to twinkle in her misfortune. There was a childish moment as she looked up and glared at them. At the very least, she could blame something for having fun at her expense. It was a silly thing to do but it was something that curbed the tenseness of the situation just a bit. Worn fingers yanked back her hood. Sweat covered her in a fine film as she took the moment to catch her breath.

Now where was she to go? Sleeping on the street would be entirely too risky, staying in the alleys would be nice for a short while but she would have to change position every few hours in case the guards decided to patrol down her area. All in all, being out, was going to be an utter pain. The glint of metal caught her eye and gingerly, she poked at the key she hung from her neck. She still had his options, huh? A single clear ping echoed as Keira flicked the item as her brows furrowed with thought. Did she truly want to do this? She barely knew him but then again, he did not know her yet he had given her his key. The girl yanked lightly at her braid in thought. Her decision was made for her as a voice cut through the night followed by footsteps.

“I see her, this way!”

With that, she bolted, towards Gile’s home, the key gripped tightly in her hand as she tried to lose as many people as she could on her way there. What floor was it again? One? Two? Three? Three! She sped past it, doubled back and fumbled as she tried to get the key into the lock. The footsteps grew closer and louder as the door clicked open and she slid in, closed it and slid onto the floor a panting mess. Never, she was never, ever, going to stay too late in the city ever again, if she survived anyhow.
Last edited by Kiera on August 22nd, 2016, 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kiera
Player

Words: 39922
Joined roleplay: July 29th, 2016, 7:08 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Surprise Visit (Gile)

Postby Gile Askara on August 20th, 2016, 8:52 am

Gile Askara

Gile hated sleeping, it brought all manner of unpleasant dreams and thoughts. A good night of rest for Gile was a quick dark one where he was too tired to dream at all, sadly, those were uncommon in his life. Laying in the dark of his apartment Gile stared wistfully at his ceiling considering his business venture and his life. He hadn't wanted to be a cobbler like his father, no matter the amount of times his father had suggested he continue the business. The idea of finding a way to the top of his Dynasty, to become a true Askara was an appealing thought but how could he do that? Sighing Gile decided that he hadn't a clue as to how he could reach a height like that. It was unpleasant, but his current path was likely his safest bet, his own business that would give him access to all manner of the cities rich and powerful, if he could know them all, then he'd have access to someone who did know a way to to get him to the top.

As Gile was laying thinking in the dark he heard something moving outside his door, a neighbor? But that thought perished when his door opened, he was only semi awake but he was aware that nobody should be coming into his house in the middle of the night without a reason. Starting up with a Jump Gile reached for his sword that lay near his bed, but by the time he was up standing in his boxers with a sword in hand he realized who was now hiding behind his door, it was the little street performer. Wanting to ask what the hell she was doing at this hour Gile opened his mouth only to shut it when angry voices sounded outside his home.

The angry voices were followed by a sudden wrapping on Giles door, someone outside was pounding on his door. Motioning to his bed Gile looked at the Girl and furrowed his brows before hissing at her. "Hide!" Giving her a moment to jump under his covers and hide. The darkness of the room should be enough to conceal her beyond that. He wasn't a detective but it didn't take much to know that the girl had gotten herself into some sort of trouble. He wasn't one to break laws but by the same token he wasn't one to turn someone down in need. At the worst he could figure out what her story was from her first. Hopefully she hadn't done anything truly terrible. At worst he was dealing with some slavers, or perhaps the town guard.

Cracking the door Open Gile came to face with a rather burly man glaring at him while a Akalak with a Lantern stood behind him. Lovely he thought to himself, an Akalak and a Radacke. two brutes that Gile didn't want to deal with. Then the man before him Growled in his face.

"Citizen, we chased a thief past here and lost them in front of this row of apartments , if you've seen anything or heard anything report it immediately!"

The man's breath stunk of tobacco, cheap tobacco at that, and further than that he'd referred to Gile at a citizen, gile was much more than that and to be called less than that further irritated him.

"No, the only petchin thing I've heard this evening is your hamfisted assault on my door, No thief would dare invite themselves into my home, and..."

In the Pause Gile began to work his magic, willing the Djed into his mouth, trying to scare the man away wasn't the best idea, guards and slavers were a violent sort and to deal with them less violent methods were usually wiser, it was better to make them think that they were right and make them leave willingly. And the man's furrowed brow further informed him that he was not particularly phased by his anger.

".. head about three doors down, there was a shadowy fellow going into room six the other evening. Gentleman, I hope you catch whatever deviant you are after, and I hope you are rewarded richly for keeping this city safe."

Thinking on his feet he found the right words to Honey, the idea of being rewarded would do, after all who didn't like money, the words were influenced with the emotion of desire. The two men looked at each other and back to him.

"Thank you for your assistance citizen, sorry for disturbing you"

And like that they were gone, Gile Bristled again at being called citizen but let it slide. Looking back to his bed Gile put a hand on his hip in the dark and fixed his bed with an arched eyebrow.

"So, little thief, my bed still warm?"

He didn't feel like scaring her, not if he could be pleasant and get the story out of her.
Gile Askara
Minor manipulator

Words: 68493
Joined roleplay: January 12th, 2015, 11:58 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Surprise Visit (Gile)

Postby Kiera on August 21st, 2016, 8:23 am

Keira

It seemed like Keira would not have enough time to actually calm her racing heart. Instead even as Gile appeared in the hall, insistent knocking would be heard from the door. All it did was cause her to cover her mouth and stare, wide eyed at the other man. His orders were only complied after a lengthy moment of hesitation. Diving towards where he pointed, she slipped off the bed and had to slink back inside before she could curl up and just listen. The words would come in broken pieces to her covered ears. As much as she wanted to inch a little bit closer to listen, she was well aware of the dangers she would pose to the both of them if she did so. Unconsciously holding her breath, the dark haired girl waited till it was quiet before peeking her head out of the covers. If it was not for the harrowing situation, Keira would have marveled in just how comfortable it was in the bed. It was warm, it was soft, and it was an accommodation she had taken for granted when she was rich.

As she was addressed, the little fugitive stirred and peered out from behind the blanket. In the blanket of the night, she stuck her tongue out at Gile.

“I am no thief, I did not steal.” She scavenged and that, was NOT stealing in any way or form. She was merely reusing the scraps that people had thrown away. There was no rule against that right? Gingerly she slipped out of the bed and slid closer to the wall so she could stand flush against it. Its coolness seeped into her skin and eased the heat of the rush of adrenaline. Brushing an errant strand of hair away from her face, the girl finally took a good look at her companion and stilled. “You are…topless.” She refused to let her eyes trail lower to check if he actually was wearing pants. She was quite sure her puny heart could not take that shock. Topless people, she could deal with, a fully bare person was…questionable. Grimacing a bit, the girl finally backed away from the wall to peer at the bed and back towards its owner.

“I am sorry about that…I didn’t know where else to go.” She could not have kept running forever, her stamina would have depleted eventually and the idea of being captured left a bitter taste in her mouth. She would honestly prefer to die rather than be slaved, ever. The notion of having to work for someone else, to be at their beck and call with little to no will of her own was disgusting and oppressive. Kind masters in Kenash were also as rare as they came, even her family, whom she loved dearly were no exception. She would and could not be lenient enough to turn a blind eye to those behaviors. Her father had a temper and her mother had tendency to be frigid when her things were tampered with. Together, they were not the most forgiving people. Especially to those they looked down upon.

Her fist curled and her fingers dug into her palms. Keira’s face flashed with ache before it smoothed out as she resolutely stared at the bed. “Oh…I am also sorry I made it dirty.” She lived in the streets, and now part of the streets was using Gile’s sheets as a host. Standing there, Keira played with the hem of her cloak, crunching and scrunching it between her fingers. Now, she had no idea what to do next. “Thanks…for the help.” She glanced towards the door and then her surroundings, trying to get a feel of the place. Maybe, she mused, she would leave after a little while, when the cost was clear.
Kiera
Player

Character sheet

Surprise Visit (Gile)

Postby Gile Askara on August 21st, 2016, 8:56 am

Gile Askara

When a head appeared from beneath his covers and stuck a tongue stuck out at him Gile smiled and shook his head. At the very least such a reaction confirmed that she was unharmed for the most part. the denial of her being a thief that followed amused him, he wasn't entirely sure as to whether that was the case or not but to press it would likely be pointless, so for now he'd just take her words as honesty with a grain of salt. Her further observation that he was topless however fully confirmed for him that she was already beginning to calm down, she must be a rather resilient girl. Shaking his head and suppressing a chuckle Gile pulled his pants over his boxers before lighting a candle and setting it on his desk.

"I believe you"

Her apology was also something Gile didn't think was too necessary, though he hadn't expected her to appear under such urgent conditions, the way she had appeared didn't particularly surprise him, he already had her pegged for a trouble maker. He was on some level even a little pleased, he hadn't been sure if the girl would ever make an appearance at his abode or not. The fact that she had told him that he must have left a decent impression on her. When she looked to his bed and apologized for a second time Gile frowned briefly his bed now had a couple new muddy footprints on it indeed. Well, that was fixable at least, so it was something that could be worried about later.

"It's no problem, I believe that I'm the one who extended the invitation, no?"

But what to do with the girl, when they had left off he had told her that he would share more of his identity with her, though he hoped he could coax her into sharing some of herself with him as well. It would be a good start to just get her to relax. Pulling his chair out from under his desk he put his chair in front of his bed and gestured for the girl to sit across from him.

"well, since you're here, I might as well pony up the answers to any questions you had. So, take a seat, and if you'll excuse the rhyme, let me borrow your feet.

If you don't mind that is, I figure the easiest way for me to show you what I do for a career is a brief example, have you ever had a massage before?"

He hoped that the girl wasn't going to be as hard to warm up as she had been last time. He enjoyed talking to people and for Gile physical contact was not something that made him squeamish, something like a foot rub was a daily thing for him and as easy as a handshake. Beyond that, he did need to figure out what had brought the girl to his abode. She was obviously running from some of Kenash's finest, but they were like dogs willing to chase any bone so their could be a multitude of reasons. The girl was easily as tattered as she had been when they had last met. so it was likely that the outfit she wore was the only one she had, it was rare for someone to be poor in kenash, you were most always well off or a slave. To be in between was an oddity though that really just made him a little more curious as to what the girl really was. He'd not met anyone like her yet so he wanted to learn what he could about her.

"Though, i guess your arrival makes my previous answer to you a bit of a moot point, if I'm as normal as you are I must have a lot of explaining to do eh?"

This was delivered with his usual lopsided smile that would hopefully convey that he meant her no ill will and would happily talk with her.

"So Keira, if I might ask, what did bring you here this evening, I'm assuming you didn't have dogs barking at your heels for picking flowers? Not that they wouldn't chase someone over that."

Gile Askara
Minor manipulator

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Surprise Visit (Gile)

Postby Kiera on August 22nd, 2016, 7:08 am

Keira

Keira’s eyes were narrowed as they peered at Gile. She could not comprehend why he was just so inviting to the intrusion. Sure he had offered his home, sure he had said he would welcome her but there –at least to her –should have been a line between being open and being ridiculously open. Who in their right mind, gives a stranger their house key after a first meeting. Involves themselves in the said stranger’s mess when they show up uninvited, and then dismiss everything entirely while casually offering a foot massage? There would be no reply for a single minute as she continued to stare at him, flummoxed.

“You are…sort of an idiot.” Her voice would have been bland if not for the hint of incredulity and amusement.

She eyed the bed and then Gile once again, wondering if she should even accept the offer at all. As is, she felt a bit bare compared to her surroundings. Even in the cover of dusk, the odd man’s home felt homely. Lived in. The desk he pulled his chair from was littered with paper, the walls were bare but the floors were not. It was sparse, yet not. There was not too much clutter, and if the girl was being honest, it felt rather nice compared to the swamps and compared to a well decorated home provided by a Dynasty. Assuming, this home was not provided by whatever Dynasty Gile hailed from anyways. At that thought, her shoulders slumped. This could turn out horribly, if he hailed from the Lorak line. But the chances of that were slim in itself, hopefully anyways.

Gingerly, she got back onto the bed, mindful of the mess she was leaving with her boots. Even though he had said it was fine, it looked anything but. She looked at him again and shook her head, causing her braid to whip back and forth. Her legs curled towards her. “I think I’ll say no to the massage…” She liked the idea of having both her feet to herself and the ability to use them to bolt if things did not go the way she likes. It was just precaution on her part. Gile had been more than amicable but…just because one was kind, did not mean one could not be bad. That, was a lesson she learned well last year. This time, her bangs fell onto her face as she shook her head. Idly, she contemplated the freedom that would come with sheering it short.

“You are really, really…not normal.” She echoed. He got his way too easily. The first time, she had chalked it up to influence but today, had shown her differently. How much sway could a ‘civilian’ have anyways? She had so many questions she wanted to ask but she could not, not just yet anyways.

The little fugitive tensed and curled up just a tad tighter. There was wariness in her eyes as she peered at him more intently. She rather disliked being put on the spot like this but the man did deserve his answer. It was also an answer that was not too horrible to give. “I…slipped onto a puddle, fell onto one of them, got scared…and then ran.” It seemed silly, to say that out loud. She rolled the next line she was about to say in her head before actually speaking it. “I obviously, did not think that through.” She tugged at her hair. “Thank you again, for getting them off my back.” For get another moment, she was safe.

She hummed a bit in thought before voicing her thought. He had asked a question and therefore, it was her turn. That, was only right. “What…dynasty are you from Gile?” The question was spoken much faster than Keira had intended but they were words she would not take back despite her nervousness. She needed to know. She needed to be sure she could put more trust in him than she already had or if she should keep a distance.
Kiera
Player

Character sheet

Surprise Visit (Gile)

Postby Gile Askara on August 22nd, 2016, 7:41 am

Gile Askara

The girl was bold in her own funny way he'd have to hand it to her. She'd called him an idiot to his face even in humor that was a dangerous move, especially if she was concerned that he was a dynast which was also a fair concern. Dynasts were unpredictable and dangerous, so to fear a dynast was only natural if you were not one. So what to do with the girl that now sat across from him. He had enjoyed her presence when they'd last met but now things were much more tense then they had last been. He needed to bring her a sense of comfort though how to set about doing it was the question. Humoring her seemed to be the safest course of action all things considered.

"It's a shame you tunred down the massage I get great foot rubs... maybe some other time, But for now i suppose it is my time to speak. My full name, I Gile Rakshasa Askara, I am not an heir to the family sadly, that does not however, mean that I do not aspire to be something great. You asked me what I thought of this city when last we met. I will tell you this, this city is full of some of the worst humanity has to offer and then some scarier things than that, I'm someone that wants to know as much as i can about this city, and change it. How do I want to change it? I do not yet know myself, there are too many monsters in this city, and if it is within my power I'll see them slain. I want money, I want power, and I want them for the goal of peace. Monsters Like the Radacke, will no longer throw away lives like they do, Kenashian goods will see corners of the world that no merchant has dreamed of shipping to. Kenash is a beautiful wonderful city, and yet it's covered in filth."

Gile smiled at her, his dreams were lofty and things that he said might scare her away.

"I may be an idiot? I may not be Normal, but maybe it'll take an idiot with a lot of luck to make this city a better place. So A question for you? Do you think you could help this idiot out? I assure you that whatever it is you fear, whatever it is you need, We can find together, I don't know much about you, but I know this, if you truly thought me a monster you wouldn't have come here, so my red eyed, little friend, what do you say? We may not be friends now, but I'd bet a chest of Miza's we share enemies. Will you help me, and let me Help you?"

Smiling at her Gile spoke quietly with a hushed fervor, he believed what he said and he wanted her to believe him but he didn't want to force her too. then he calmed himself.

"I apologize, I tend to get excited. I've yet to truly answer your question. I'm merely a lonely business man at this point I will run a massage parlor here in this city, As for what you call abnormal... I excel at making others believe that which they would not. I have found that the right words, the right look, and I can make people behave in ways they would not. If you walk my path with me, I think i could show you too how to do it."

So sticking out a hand to the girl Gile raised an eyebrow.

"So if not friends, allies? I know not your story yet, and will not force you to tell it. But this idiot right here wants to believe that we can do more together than we can fighting apart."

He talked too much, the thought made Gile grimace, he hoped that this went well, making deals with people was dangerous this girl had knowledge over him and knowledge was power. That said he had status and he didn't doubt that he could help this girl out of whatever hole she'd been thrown into. There were few people who would cross the Askara, and while they were not the most violent they were at least the most influential next to the sitai. Any Askara or Sitai will tell you, pleasure bests pain every time.

Gile Askara
Minor manipulator

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Surprise Visit (Gile)

Postby Kiera on August 22nd, 2016, 9:34 am

Keira

Keira listened with rapt attention as her mind sped with the implications of Gile’s words. She gleaned the gist of what he wanted and it did not bode well with her. His goals were lofty as was hers but the difference was…well everything was almost entirely different. Their approach, their end goal, their wants. It all clashed. The man wanted things she had the desires to destroy. It was amusing as it was saddening. In a way, their aim could have been similar but alas they were not. She had honestly hoped to find an unlikely friend but instead, she found someone who moved against her grain of thinking. Asakura or not, influential or not, she knew where she stood in her opinion of him. It was not exactly the full on hate she was used to, nor was it entire fondness but this is person she could tentatively place faith and tolerate. There was simply too much prejudice and wariness for her to trust in full. The phrase, ‘once bitten- twice shy’, adhered to her mentality like a second skin. Even the cruelest acts, can also be said to be done out of kindness.

She opened her mouth and promptly closed it...What could she say? What should she say? In the end, she knew the other deserved some of the truth so she delivered it, in the only she could. Bluntly. He needed to hear her opinion before he offered what he had.

Keira wanted to destroy Kenash, in one way or another. To tear it to the ground so something else, hopefully something better, could take its place. Whatever it was, would not matter. Though as she stared at him, she realized something else maybe, there was another difference that was not just their goals, between them. She was fully aware, that to achieve what she wanted to do, she would have to lose herself. To rot from the inside out to do whatever it took, to finish her job.

She reached out her hand and used it to curl his closed. He was offering too much.

“Gile…you are truly, an idiot.” Her voice held no pity, only a fact that she believed was true. Does the other even know what he sounded like with all his contradictions? Clean the filth? Rise to power? Monsters? Were they all not all the same thing? “You want to change the city, yet you will become the city.” She snorted. “The filth here cares for those that are convenient, they care for money, and they desire power. What makes you any different? For your goal of peace you will kill.” She almost rolled her eyes. “For your goal, you will slay and slay. For this ideal of a better Kenash, you will sink low…are you even aware of this?” Was he even remotely aware of how dirty he was going to be to achieve the goal he wanted? Of how much of himself he would have left if his lofty ideals were to come into fruition? She shook her head even more. She could only hope that he did not have romantic notions about his conquest should it happen.

“What I want, is not what you want either. I might use you, I might toss you away when the time is right. Would you be okay with that?” His kindness was being repaid with this blunt honesty. He gave her a peek of his cards so in turn, she would reveal some of hers. He had the right to know what he was getting into if he choose to be this inviting to her. “I do not know if you think I am a good person…but I like to think that I am not.” She picked at the dark sheets. “You were too forthcoming.”
Kiera
Player

Character sheet

Surprise Visit (Gile)

Postby Gile Askara on August 22nd, 2016, 9:57 am

Gile Askara

The Price of honesty is oft more painful that the price of the lie. Gile wished he had lied, he wished that he'd simply left the girl outside to fate. But he hadn't he'd tried compassion against his better judgement, but... His kindness had limits, and he'd just found one. As his fist was curled closed he frowned. from their as he listened to the girl his frown became a scowl and slowly a mask of rage. It was one thing to call him an idiot it was another thing to mock him, but... to doubt and decry him. She was really starting to piss him off, this child before him, he should throw her to the guards. He really should, but he wasn't going to sink to her level, not this time. Stnading up his fist still closed he looked the girl in the eyes and welled djed into them forcing his rage to become the girls terror, it wasn't suggestion, it wasn't a command it was emotion, raw unadulterated fear and loathing. If the Girl would not accept his kindness, she would have to accept his anger instead.

"You know who I am now... and you say I will sink low.. But you've made a mistake. I am low.. I'm the lowest of the low, I can say what i say because I hate them. Child I do not know where you came from, and I do not care, but if you will not join me, you will not dare GET IN MY WAY. you EVER cross me and I'll make you regret it. Dynasties will crumble in my wake so Swear I Gile Askara, the Honorless Heirless king of nothing. I'll change this city or I'll die. Either way My mark will be made. Do not make the mistake of calling me an idiot ever again idiot girl. Do not mistake compassion for weakness or my desire for help a need for it."

With that Gile disconnected the stare, and turned away from the girl. Walking to his door Gile grabbed his cloak and his Mizas. Pulling the cloak over his features and placing his sword on his hip. He didn't think he'd be back till the sun rose.

"You can stay here till morning, but when I return if you are still here, you'd better have a damned good reason."

With that Gile left Slamming the door behind him, and started walking. He walked aimlessly and quickly, he would find somewhere where he could drink himself to oblivion. As he walked a single wet streak snuck forth from his eye. He'd made a mistake, he'd tried to trust a human, tried to talk to someone without bending their will and he'd failed. He didn't think there was any point in trying again, he'd just bend any soul that crossed him to his will anyone who faced him.. He'd get strong enough to make sure that they wouldn't do so again. He was going to Rule kenash, and if he had to be a monster to do so, He'd be the best monster the city had ever seen. The Askara's were all brilliant, he knew that, but people also said they were all a little insane, was he beginning to share that insanity? Maybe... But did it matter? He wanted to blow off some steam, maybe get in a fight, something anything that would release him from the agony of his failure. He was no human human's had friends and families, Gile had no friends and the Dynasty was not one for compassion. He'd have to make it alone or not at all.

"Petch it all"

Turning down an alley that smelled of Booze and smoke Gile grimaced, this shitty tavern would have to do he thought to himself. Taking a seat at the bar next to a rough looking akalak Gile grinned.

"A drink for me, and this guy, the strongest ones you've got. I'm feeling fun tonight and this guys my new Buddy."

Gile Knew he couldn't beat an akalak in a brawl, he knew he was fixing to get his ass kicked three ways to next sunday. He just didn't give a damn.

Gile Askara
Minor manipulator

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Surprise Visit (Gile)

Postby Kiera on August 22nd, 2016, 8:57 pm

Keira

Keira expected this. She was not going to expect kindness after throwing it all back at Gile. So when he reacted, she braced herself. His anger washed over her, shook her, and instilled in her fear. But fear, was something she was used to feeling, it was a consistent friend that assisted her since a year ago. She could almost taste the all too familiar bitter and heated emotion on her tongue as she gently bit down on it. Just hard enough for it to sting and remind her to keep herself in check. He anger was well founded and she was not stupid enough to be unaware of the cause. Keeping her eyes on the other man, the dark haired girl merely breathed in and out to keep her heart from beating out of her chest. His words were met with an even dimmer stare. So many contradictions. He wanted to destroy the Dynasty yet he was dependent on the influence of his own? Or did he want his Dynasty to be the one that reign supreme? The questions would not slip out of her mouth though.

Her gaze would follow Gile’s back and linger at the door until long after he went away. She breathed a sigh of relief once and then stood up on the bed. Petite trembling fingers smoothed over the tattered dress. With a hop, she jumped off the bed and onto the floor. A moment was taken to eye the bed she mussed and then she chuckled. It looked just as messy as the incident that had just happened seconds prior. Humming softly to herself and bouncing up and down to diffuse some of the adrenaline she had built up when she had been listening, her breath eventually evened. A second after, the dirty sheets were removed from Gile’s bed and tossed in a sink. The least she could do, was wash and dry the item. And that, was what she would do until the sun began to rise, sleep was not going to come anyways. There was a methodical rhythm to her work as she cleaned her footprints, she was going to erase any evidence that she had been there.

As the sun peeked through the clouds and into the apartment’s window, Keira would be gone. The key gifted, would be able to be found in the center of the cleaned sheets. She would not be abusing the other’s kindness for much longer.

As she sped down the street and towards the swamps where she currently ‘lived’, she undid the gifted ribbon from her braid and slipped it into her bag. It would be a memento for the good memories. When she finally reached her little hovel, she would finally, lay herself down the rest. As her mind drifted off towards the land of slumber, she quietly hoped that the next time the both of them meet, it would not be on completely horrid terms. She too, would not let anyone stand in the way of her and her goals.
Kiera
Player

Character sheet

Surprise Visit (Gile)

Postby Konrad Venger on September 9th, 2016, 6:57 am

Nice job! Your work has pleased The Sloth!

Keira

XP:
Running - 1
Observation - 2
Socialization - 1
Rhetoric - 1
Philosophy - 1

Lore:
Kenash After Dark: Not a Good Place for Keira
Better Dead than a Slave
Gile: Not Normal, but Kind
The Naivete of Big Dreams
Kenash Corrupts Everyone

Gile

XP:
Observation - 2
Hypnotism - 2
Persuasion - 1
Investigation - 1
Rhetoric - 2

Lore:
Help those that Need it
Hypnotism: A Little Honey
My Goals in Kenash
With me or Against me

Click Me! :
Another great thread, guys! I really liked how this went sound, and I was wondering when Gile would finally snap and call Keira on her relentless "honesty". It also surprised me how hurt he was by her... and impressed me that Keira didn't immediately break down with regret and remorse. She sees Kenash one way and won't be turned from that view; she doesn't apologize for that.

Gile, you really need to get a handle on your grammar, mate. You had capital letters in a lot of wrong places here. Oh, and "boxers" wouldn't be the term in Mizahar: "bedclothes", maybe?

Oh, and please make sure you go back and edit your post in the Request Thread to reflect the fact this one is now done and dusted. PM me with any questions and later 'tater!

||Common||Thoughts||Pavi||Fratava||Myrian||Other's Speaking||
Note: As of Fall 517AV, Konrad is known only as "Hansel" in Endrykas
Konrad Venger
Long is The Way and Hard

Words: 1060755
Joined roleplay: November 23rd, 2015, 4:05 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 4