Closed A Night To Never Be Forgotten ( Kaie )

Skyard gives Kaie a gift, one that is so important to him that she may as well be given his life.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

A Night To Never Be Forgotten ( Kaie )

Postby Skyard Underwood on August 30th, 2016, 3:09 am

Skyard understood the rules of the new game, and with his undivided attention he captured each and every single detail of her words. He did not waste a moment to tell her that her assumption had been correct about him. He had always felt like Riverfall would forever be close to his heart, but it certainly was not his home. His true home Syliras was one that he never wanted to return to, and he despised the thought of that disgusting, vile and corrupted city. The knights were practically totalitarian rulers, and Skyard disliked any society with a lack of control from the citizens. He gave his lover a nod, and chose to further expand upon her assumption.

“You are correct, and I certainly do agree with the fact that Riverfall does have a very strong system which consists of tight-knit rules and regulations. However, it is probably the most beautiful city in the world. Anyway, off of this topic and onto the topic of your assumption. It was absolutely correct, and quite honestly I believe that I could very easily move on from this city. I dislike it often times, because of the fact that the safety that exists is almost absolute. It often times bothers me, and makes me paranoid because I worry about the day that this safety ceases to exist.” He concluded his brief speech, and downed yet another cup of the ale he thought to be toxic.

Skyards turn was next, and he wanted to play the game just as well as she had. He began to think to himself, and perhaps form a theory. Was it possible to make an incredibly good assumption about a person based solely upon observations of both the past and the present? Perhaps if he thought back to their first meeting; to the moment that they laid eyes upon one another. He hoped to find an answer there, and with that he closed his eyes for a brief moment. She was and still is clothed in a rather nontraditional fashion when compared to many of the other women that walked about Riverfall.

She was a savage after all, and perhaps he would make note of that for the sole purpose of the game. Skyard parted his lips and began to voice his opinion in hope that he was correct. “Your people are viewed as uncivilized because of the fact that they are warriors. Some of your people are so violent that the reputation precedes you even when you do not want it to. Perhaps your goddess is one of war, and maybe just maybe you wished that things weren't that way. “ Skyard spoke in a soft tone as he locked eyes with his lover.

He often times found it hard to play games like these; because intuition determined the winner and the loser of such a game. Under normal circumstances Skyard would have conceded, but her competitiveness began to intertwine with his own personality. He knew that he wanted to make a quick statement about that as well. Their bond was still new, and he wanted to ensure her that she knew everything about it in any case.

“Oh, and by the way.. As our bond deepens over time we will begin to inherit traits of one another in terms of personality. That is called mirroring, and is a very common part of any bond with a Kelvic, but over time we will become so alike that we won't be able to be told apart if we were to voice ourselves in the cover of darkness.”

Skyard Underwood
The Snow Swept Warrior

Words: 205954
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2015, 5:20 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Kaie on August 30th, 2016, 7:10 am

Another victory could be pinned to the metaphorical belt of the Myrian woman. Careful observation and intimacy with the man had offered her a unique advantage in the game. Already, thanks in part to the manifestation of wretched apparitions, she had read more pages in his story book than he of hers. Any other luck she had she would attribute to drinking game experience. The proud woman couldn't help but grin at his concession, and she quickly settled in with a mock challenging stare as she awaiting his next attempt. Would he land so perfectly on his feet yet again?

The mirth in her face faded as he spoke. Amber eyes seemed to drown as they stared into the contents of a full cup. Skyard had also taken a big risk with his guess in his quest to both win the game and pin down the shadows of his bondmate. After a chime, the Myrian tipped the cup to her lips. She finished far faster than she had the previous times. Tilting the cup forward a bit, Skyard might observe the ale had not been totally consumed. Instead the cup remained half full. Kaie lifted a brow at him to drink.

"All reputations can help or hinder. Sometimes it's easier to be feared and distrusted. It keeps people out of my way and victimizing me out of their minds. At the same time, it can keep people from trusting you when both your lives depend on it, or get your own allies to betray you out of fear you might just be the nightmare you're promised to be," Kaie allowed transparently as her gaze remained upon drink. Her wrist flicked to twirl the liquid inside the cup. Then that fiery amber stare locked upon Skyard's with honest fervor. "But I do not resent my Goddess Queen and what she stands for. Her strength led us through the darkness and united the clans as one people. Her people. I would not see my loyalties tied to any other idol. This is our way."

Her response was final, ruling out even the most subconscious of possibilities that might've spoken a different message. All that troubled her mind was the new information that Skyard shared. The concept of mirroring was brand new. She already felt deeply connected to the Lion Kelvic. She could sense his emotions, his intentions. To be close to him was to be whole. Yet the idea the two would exchange and inherit one another was rattling. The formation of the bond itself from the very beginning made the Myrian question what was truly her and what was created by their union. The complete loss of personal identity was nothing short of unsettling. If Skyard couldn't see the medley of emotions briefly appear in her gaze upon informing her, he must've felt it through their connection.

"You want to believe in me but you've been wounded deeply before. You want to believe I am different from Aaron, that I won't abandon you or hurt you the way he has...but there's a small part of you that can't help but doubt me for good reason. You're worried that if this bond severs, you won't recover this time." The words practically flew on their own accord with no forethought. Yet there they were. All the Myrian could do was sit back and wait to see if there was truth to be found within the most piercing and present accusation yet.

Kaie
Player

Words: 1635197
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2013, 3:13 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Skyard Underwood on September 11th, 2016, 4:45 pm

Skyard listened to her opinion on his answer, but he noticed something peculiar almost instantly. She had not finished the entire cup of ale all at once as she would normally. His eyes widened, and he immediately knew what she expected him to do. His lover wanted him to finish the remainder of the beverage, and he nodded at her in return. After she went on to explain her sudden and unusual response with the drink. She only drank half because he was only half correct about the assumption that he made about her. He accepted her offer and coiled his fingers around the circumference of the cup and downed the other half of the drink.

The Lion wasted no time in allowing the liquid to fill his mouth before he swallowed incredibly hard. Whilst she continued to explain what would have been the correct assumption an overwhelmingly warm sensation coursed through his veins. He began to feel as if he were temporarily weightless, and he began to recline a bit in his seat. She spoke of her love for her goddess, and this “Myri” seemed to be a highly respected individual. This particular god was incredibly important to all of the people from the Myrian culture. Perhaps he was wrong to think of her people as savages; just like the rest of the world he was blinded by the fact that he lacked knowledge on her culture. Skyard wanted to know more, and his curiosity peaked. However, he did know that he was so intoxicated that he could hardly even speak properly.

She made her assumption, and he listened closely to each and every word that exited his lovers lips. He could tell that she felt very uneasy about the mirroring ordeal. However, he did not want to hide a single thing from her in their relationship. Skyard did not want a relationship with secrets hidden from his significant other. If she was to remain bound to him, and remain at his side for the rest of his days then she needed to know everything. She was correct with each and every sentence that she voiced; she knew that he wanted to believe in her and to trust her. Yet, due to his past experiences he often found that trusting people grew increasingly hard to do.

His heart skipped a beat at her final choice of words because she was absolutely correct. He was afraid that the next time a bond severed for him that he would die. Skyard knew the pains of a severed bond, and that included starvation, self neglect, and that would eventually lead to death. Skyard looked over toward the bottle and saw that only one cup worth of liquid remained. He began to lean back and forth in his seat, and attempted to maintain his balance only to fail. He fell to the ground immediately, and uttered a few short-slurred words.

“I L...aw...v..e...Lo..ve... you Kaie..” He hardly managed to speak before his head struck the ground, and he slept soundly.

Skyard Underwood
The Snow Swept Warrior

Words: 205954
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2015, 5:20 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Previous