PM to join Strangers in a Familiar Sky (Treachery)

Scorn returns to the mountains with her sister, but who they find there is not who they expect.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

Strangers in a Familiar Sky (Treachery)

Postby Scorn on May 2nd, 2016, 5:32 am

Scorn had meant to taunt a reaction out of Treachery, but she had underestimated him. She breathed in sharply when he grabbed her hair, keeping very still, unsure what his intentions were and not prepared to provoke him further. She could feel the heat from his breath as he hissed into her ear, and it sent a shiver through her that was not entirely from fear. Perhaps...perhaps there was Zith in him still...

When he stepped away, she still could not move, too stunned from trying to understand the implications of everything he said. But then, before she could decide how to respond, he was leaving her. Sheer panic propelled her after him, and she tackled him in midair, wrapping her arms around his waist. She buried her head into his broad back, keening, "Don't leave! I'm sorry, I didn't mean it! Please don't leave me--"

She stopped, choking back a sob. She could hear Scourge, summoned by the noise. Scorn couldn't let her sister sense her weakness; if she broke in front of Scourge, there was no way she would be able to convince her sister that they could live like real Zith. She kept her face buried in Treachery's back so that Scourge wouldn't be able to see it until she could make it look normal again. If she rubbed her face enough, she could play off the tears as sweat from his back...
"Dialogue in italics is in Zithanese."
"Dialogue in normal font is in Common."
Scorn
Innocent, in the Worst Sense of the Word

Words: 98516
Joined roleplay: June 9th, 2012, 6:16 pm
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Kalinor Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Treachery on May 4th, 2016, 12:36 am

Scorn hadn't moved at all as he'd spoke to her, she hadn't moved when he had backed off but as Treachery gained height she suddenly moved. Begging him to stop and to not go with cries that she hadn't meant it were combined with a sudden weight in between his wings. Floundering in the air, the pair hit the ground again for the second time. Growling as the injury to his leg was worsened by the fall, the zith struggled against the female's grip. He was still angry and her clinging wasn't helping. Gripping on tot he arms holding him, Treachery's attempts to remove the pest, stopped when scorn let out a half-sob into his back. Letting out a sigh, the anger h had within him melted away as he addressed the female.

“Honestly, if you are going to such things, at least mean them! How did you ever think you could keep me as a slave if you are gonna act like this?”

Was she really that scared of being alone? Then again, how would he have been if he hadn't found Syliras? Memories of walking the Karbin road alone, grounded, without another friendly face to laugh and joke with resurfaced. His wings shuddered as he froze. No. That was the past. Slowly Treachery willed himself to relax a bit, moving his legs around to make a more comfortable position for himself. This didn't stop him tensing and shaking his back when Scorn decided to rub her face in between his wings. Breathing getting wobbly again, the male decided that even if she was lonely that was enough clinging for now. Flapping his wings hard, trying to get the woman off him, the male only succeed in falling backwards onto Scorn as her sister came to see what in the world they were doing.

“Hello. You must be Scourge. Name's Treachery. Care to help get your clingy sister off me?”
Due to exams probably won't be posting again until after the 20th of May
Common | Others talking Common | Zithanese | Others talking Zithanese
8/8 threads
Treachery
The Treacherous Zith

Words: 64860
Joined roleplay: October 6th, 2014, 10:19 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Scorn on May 4th, 2016, 1:09 am

Scorn was ridiculously pleased with herself for having managed to keep hold of Treachery. She knew she wouldn't be able to stop him if he really meant to get away, which suggested that, maybe, part of him didn't want to leave either. Maybe everything would be okay, if only she could win against whatever mysterious force drew him to the false colony...

She didn't know why she had said those things that made him so upset. She had been desperate, hardly thinking at all, saying anything that came to her mind that might keep her from losing everyone. She did not have the words to explain this, however, so she just nuzzled and squeezed a little tighter, listening to his heartbeat and feeling the warmth of him.

She had very nearly pulled herself together when Treachery decided to...well, Scorn wasn't sure what he was doing, but suddenly she was on her back and his weight was crushing the breath out of her. She let out a startled exclamation, loosening her hold as she tried to push the brute off of her.

She could hear Scourge laughing at them both. "It looks more like you need to get off of her," Scourge said between fits of cackling giggles. While Scorn was glad her twin hadn't caught any of the darker undercurrents of what had just transpired, her concern was rapidly narrowing to the problem of not being smothered.
Scorn

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Treachery on May 4th, 2016, 3:18 am

Seemed him flipping the pair over had had some successful results. Now crushing the female, she let out a loud sound before letting him go. Feeling Scorn's arms loosen, Treachery took the moment to roll off the female as her sister decided to laugh at them. Getting to his feet painfully, the zith examined the slashes along his leg from earlier. They were fine; not deep or actively bleeding any more, just painful. Still hearing Scourge's laughter, Treachery playfully pushed the midnight coloured with a mischievous twinkle in his eye.

“Maybe I'll squash you next time I'm around here.”

He let out a soft chuckle before offering a hand to help Scorn up, smile softening. He couldn't stay mad at her for being lonely, though hopefully she'd learn to say what she meant in the future. Whether she accepted his offer to help her up or not, Treach felt it really was his time to go and this time not in a fit of rage.

“Right. As much as I would love to spend the rest of forever with you lovely huntresses, I must be off. Got places to be, prey to hunt, promises to keep. Speaking of which....”

Quickly looping a wing around scorn, Treachery drew her into his arm and gave her a parting kiss. Pulling away equally as fast with a confident smirk written across his face, he softened the expression to a more serious one.

“... I promise I'm coming back. So... don't... don't get your wings in a bunch, okay? You know where to find me if you need me. Just shout for me near by the place, prey are horribly deaf. Any way... bye.”

Giving Scourge a small wave, Treachery took off for the second time and shot off towards Syliras. He hadn't gotten the hunt he'd expected but what he'd found instead was much more valuable.
Due to exams probably won't be posting again until after the 20th of May
Common | Others talking Common | Zithanese | Others talking Zithanese
8/8 threads
Treachery
The Treacherous Zith

Words: 64860
Joined roleplay: October 6th, 2014, 10:19 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Scorn on May 4th, 2016, 4:13 am

Scorn took a few big gulps of air gratefully, which had a calming effect. She smiled in relief at his banter with her sister (she wouldn't have liked having to choose between them if they didn't get along), but dread filled her heart as he once again talked about leaving. But before she could start panicking again, he was kissing her, and she kissed back like it was the last time she would ever see him. For all she knew, it was.

Too soon, it was over, but instead of abandoning Scorn, Treachery left her with the gift of a promise. And then he was gone, leaving Scorn staring after him with a mysterious pang somewhere near her heart. She knew better than to trust that everything would turn out all right--things were never that easy, and nature had a way of taking away the people you cared about--but despite her better sense, a thin sliver of hope wormed its way through her. She didn't know whether he would return to her, but at that moment, she believed he would try.

After some time, she became aware of Scourge smirking at her, an expression which only grew wider when Scorn turned to look. She scowled and grumbled, "Let's go. It'll be dawn soon." Scourge readily fell in behind Scorn, and the two took off into the sky, making their way to a place they'd scouted earlier as a likely shelter. As the moon peeked out from behind a cloud, Scorn looked back, and she could just make out the rapidly diminishing figure of Treachery receding toward the distant blocky shape marking the slave colony. Then she turned, and continued on into the night, her pendant glinting in the moonlight.
Scorn

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Aladari Coolwater on September 11th, 2016, 9:00 pm

Name:Treachery

Please update your ledger for Spring 516 AV so that I know you are active. PM me whenever this is done and I will post your grade.

Name:Scorn

XP Award:
  • Logic + 1
  • Seduction +1
  • Wrestling +1
  • Unarmed Combat +1
  • Hunting +1
  • Observation +3
Lore:
  • Treachery: Lives with Slaves
  • Pants Only Get in the Way
  • Seduction: Biting the Neck
  • Wrestling: Being Pinned
  • Teasing Can Backfire
  • Smell of Male Zith
  • Smell of Slave Group

Penalties/Rewards :
Slight bruises for Scorn for the next week. They are not major, and will heal on their own given time. Deep cuts on her mouth and chin. They will heal slowly over the course of 6 days, if kept clean. If left uncleaned, it will take 14 days, and will leave a scar.

Comments :
Don't forget to edit your request to reflect its graded status. If you have any questions or feel I forgot something, please contact either me or Reflection.

"The sea always filled her with longing, though for what she was never sure."
- Cornelia Funke
Aladari Coolwater
Rock the boat.

Words: 267621
Joined roleplay: March 8th, 2016, 3:26 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3