PM to join Curfew (Lo'Campo)

Deliath and Lo'Campo stay too late at the Pigs Foot Tavern and miss curfew

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Curfew (Lo'Campo)

Postby Deliath on September 5th, 2016, 8:59 am

Deliath Telori

~
38th Fall, 516AV
The weather was still, unnervingly so, throughout the city of Sunberth, which always seemed to bustle with life. Pickpockets snatching things from those who were slightly better off, brawls breaking out where two rowdy individuals happened to meet, and other, more sinister activities hidden away from prying eyes.

Deliath was in the Pigs Foot Tavern, working as always, when yet another group of rowdy, inebriated men came in to get some more alcohol, all the while speaking of the rumours that the dead were now walking the streets of Sunberth on a night. Deliath already found it sinister that people weren't dying when they should have. It seemed that the only way for anyone in Sunberth to die was decapitation or total destruction of the body.
Of course, the lack of death was a slight comfort. At least she knew that if she were to end up walking back to the Sunset Quarters lone, she wouldn't be killed. Although murder certainly wasn't the only crime in Sunberth.

She shook her head removing those thoughts from her head as she headed over to the new group with a smile on her face once more.
"Well hello there boys, is there anything I can get you today?" she spoke cheerfully as she clasped her hands behind her back, subtly pushing her chest forward to try and accentuate what little she had.
"One day, an old man walked into the mine, followed by a whore on an ass. - Ah yes, two mugs of ale and three mugs of two fruit cider! And then how about some company?" one of the man interrupted himself to respond and Deliath smiled sweetly at them before taking a handful of Mizas they handed her and disappearing to get them their drinks, returning shortly with what they had ordered and their change.
"Thank you pretty!" one man responded, patting the seat next to him, before noticing more people come into the tavern. "How about you take this, and maybe get a little bit extra if you come find me after your shift..." the man flashed a sleazy smile at Deliath as he hand her two copper Mizas, and Deliath forced herself to smile and thank the man, before moving to serve the newcomers.
It wasn't long before she back at the bar, wiping it down with an old cloth to try and remove the spilt remnants of ale and cider before it dried and became sticky.

Then she watched the tavern for anyone that needed seeing to, or asked to leave if they were getting close to damaging anything in the tavern.
She could hear several snippets of different conversations, some that were perfectly normal, others were rumours about other citizens, and some were about the rumours of the dead rising and the new curfew that had been put in place.
"You know Old Jon, well, after a night of excavating, an' we told him it was bad news. Well, 'e only went an' found 'imself down the shaft. Poor bastard 'll probably lose 'is cock! Miss, more drinks please?" she overheard and checked to see what the group had been drinking before bringing them the same again, smiling warmly at them.
"If I can get you anything else, just call me over!" her cheerful voice still there despite her beginning to get uncomfortable. It was near curfew and she didn't really want to stay the night at the tavern.
"Well how about a kiss then?" the man said, standing up and pressing his lips against Deliath's cheek before she could protest, before she made an excuse to leave them and found a different, less rowdy table to attend to, feeling more comfortable away from that group as she hoped that she would finish her shift before they needed anymore attention.
~
Last edited by Deliath on September 10th, 2016, 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Any speech in bold is Common
"Fratava" || "Shiber"
Anything in italics are thoughts
Deliath
Read profile for details of hiatus

Words: 73363
Joined roleplay: August 26th, 2016, 3:32 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Curfew (Lo'Campo)

Postby Lo'campo on September 7th, 2016, 1:37 am

"Normal Text"
Mental text
Lo'campo
Oumoc
Losasa
Oumren

He'd been sitting there for a while now listening to the men make passes onto the waitress as she tried to do her job. He watched as they made kissing faces and other distorted facial expressions that failed at gaining any wanted attention from the woman. It was quite humorous to the Akalak as he gave a slight chuckle that gained the attention of the men that where makeing fools of themselves.

"Aye, there mate? We got a problem?"

One of the men shot at him, his group of friends all flashing menacing looks to the surprisingly peaceful Lo'campo. Sipping upon the water in his cup, the Akalak simply ignored the man, his friends as well as his comment. A tactic that didn't sit too well with the group of wanna be thugs.

"Aye blue man. You obviously must have a problem if you think you're just goina disrespect us l-"

The loud mouth began to approach the table of the Akalak before realizing how tall the and muscular the man truly was. Emptying his pint of water, Lo'campo stoop up, towering over the boy by double his height and giving him the same stare that he gave his victims as they begged for mercy. He didn't have a name for it yet, Oumoc was working on that, but it was the stare of eyes that seen a thousand deaths, that heard a plethora of cries for help, eyes that saw nothing but the blood that would soon be spilled from the body that stood before them.

"Excuse me, but would you mind letting me pass. If you truly wish to challenge me to reclaim what ever respect you say I tainted, it would only take a few moments before I can meet you outside. I am pretty sure the owner nor employees of this tavern would want it destroyed."

The boy hesitated to answer, still in shock from the size and mass of the Akalak he stammered over his words as he and he friends retreated through the door.

"W- We will let you slide this time, but watch your back."

With a nod they were off out the door and into the streets of Sunberth to probably be killed in a gang war.

"Kids. I'm sorry about that ma'am, I didn't mean to cause a scene in you place of business. You must get a lot of things like this happeneing for you to have handled it so casually." He spoke now turning his attention to the waitress that had been the center of attention. Kneeling down and picking up a cup that had toppled over, he gave a smile. "Lo'campo." he extended he hand as he introduced himself.

-Loxudeianis Basunreph Campo

Oumoc Basunreph Campo
Lo'campo
The Sunset Quarter monster

Words: 313620
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2014, 12:24 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Curfew (Lo'Campo)

Postby Deliath on September 9th, 2016, 9:49 pm

Deliath Telori

~
Deliath couldn't help but glance over at the Akalak who the group had chosen as their target. She was worried that a fight would break out in the tavern, and that they'd have be removed from the premises, in whatever way possible.
Although so far she was impressed with how the man had managed to ignore them, but then it got to the point where he couldn't ignore them anymore, and Deliath watched as he stood up.
She hadn't envisaged him as being quite so tall and she found herself completely stopping what she had been doing, just to watch was happening and to try and move any fights outside.

"Excuse me, but would you mind letting me pass. If you truly wish to challenge me to reclaim what ever respect you say I tainted, it would only take a few moments before I can meet you outside. I am pretty sure the owner nor employees of this tavern would want it destroyed." she heard the Akalak say and she found herself smiling in relief. It helped her to stop worrying about how she would get them all outside.

Then she simply watched and found herself smirking as the group left the tavern in a hurry, obviously intimidated by the man.
Then the man turned his attention to her and apologised for causing a scene and Deliath found herself smiling in silence for a few moments, before realising that she hadn't responded to his words yet.
"Oh, no. Honestly, there's no need to apologise. You got rid of some troublemakers who would have probably caused trouble later on." she explained, before hearing him give his name and hold his hand out. "Well it's a pleasure to meet you, Lo'Campo. I'm Deliath, but most just call me Del. It tends to be a little more memorable." she smiled as she took his hand and shook it warmly. "Is there anything I can get you? On me of course, as thanks?" she offered cheerily as she tried to work out what the man had been drinking, but it looked as though it had just been water.

She smiled at him again, looking at the man properly and taking in his appearance to make sure she didn't forget him at all, although she doubted that would be possible. She hadn't met many Akalaks before, and someone with such an imposing figure would probably be hard for her to forget at all.

"I'm assuming you are a local, but not from around here originally? I don't think I've heard of many Akalaks originating from here." she asked, tilting her head as she looked up at him.
Although the inquisitive smile on her face didn't show it, she was slightly nervous and scared of the mans intimidating build, but she was determined to hold that back to curiosity she felt about the man to take, and for the joy that she felt from having found another potential ally to be the emotion on her face.
~
Last edited by Deliath on September 10th, 2016, 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Fratava" || "Shiber"
Deliath

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Curfew (Lo'Campo)

Postby Lo'campo on September 10th, 2016, 3:45 am

"Normal Text"
Mental text
Lo'campo
Oumoc
Losasa
Oumren

He went to refuse her offer before his stomach said otherwise. It had been a while since he'd eaten and he'd really not want to see how long he could go before his next meal. "If it isn't any trouble, would a plate of meat and potatoes do? And maybe some time to get to know you better? One could always use a good conversation if not friend in a city that house thugs like the one's that just left." He added thinking that it would be a good time for him to practice the socialization skills that Minerva stressed so much about.

Seeing that it would be suitable for him to not seem so "hostile" if that could be the word used, he removed his hood that connected to his robes and pulled the pin that held his hair into a bun. Giving his head a shake to loosen his hair, the floor of the tavern flooded with silver as his locks ran down. It was then that he did something else that he'd never done before in his adult life. Taking one hand and resting it on his robe sleeve he took a breath of hesitation before removing the garment revealing a simple cotton shirt that hugged his toned body. It was starting to become too tight for the Akalak, but was still wearable for now.

Resting his robe top on the back of the chair, he tried to relax, something else that his now deceased sister stressed for him to do. "You're always so tense." She'd always say. "You need to just relax. How do you expect to make any friend?" A smile formed on his face at the thought of his sister. Why was he always so tense? It wasn't like he wouldn't know if something was going on. He literally had two eyes in the back of his head, well rather his mind. Unfortunately those eyes were connected to Oumoc. Still, if something were to happen, Oumoc would alert him and he'd be able to evade what ever was to come. Realizing that he'd been lost in thought for way too long, he brought his attention back to the waitress.

"Oh, yes you are correct. I'm from Riverfall. I can to Sunberth for...what reason I don't know haha." He gave a chuckle not wanting to share his past with the woman due to the fact that it scared most people off.

"So, Del was it? Are you native to Sunberth or wandered here too?

Oumoc Basunreph Campo
Lo'campo

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Curfew (Lo'Campo)

Postby Deliath on September 11th, 2016, 9:53 pm

Deliath Telori

~
Deliath smiled as the man took her up on her offer of a free meal, and then added that he would like some time to get to know her, maybe make a friend. Deliath found herself grinning widely at that idea, and she quickly glanced around the tavern. It was fairly quiet, as most had opted to stay at their homes with the new curfew, and the odd things that were happening lately.

"Of course, meat and potatoes coming right up! I'll be right back." she beamed before skipping over to the bar and taking five silver Mizas from her own pocket and placing it with the rest of the takings for that evening, before heading to the kitchen and briefly talking to the cook, wondering whether she would ever be able to have such a job.
Then she grabbed a freshly prepared plate of meat and potatoes, and some cutlery, before heading back to the Akalak and placing his food on the table in front of him.
She noticed he had made himself look less intimidating. His hood was down, and she saw that his hair was silver and longer than she'd have thought possible, and his robe had been removed.

Still smiling, she sat down opposite him, making sure to keep an eye on the tavern and anybody else that may need serving.

"Oh, yes you are correct. I'm from Riverfall. I can to Sunberth for...what reason I don't know haha. So, Del was it? Are you native to Sunberth or wandered here too?" she heard him say and found his story somewhat similar to hers.
"I'm just from Syliras, so not as far as you. I was planning on visiting every city in every region but somehow I ended up here five years ago and I never moved on. It's an interesting place though. A lot more laid back than Syliras which is good." she smiled warmly as she spoke. "You must turn quite a few heads around here though! I haven't seen many Akalaks at all, and judging by those guys, I don't think they had either. Of course, you must have to work hard to keep up such a physique?"

Deliath began to realise that she was beginning to just say everything that came to her mind and she stopped herself from speaking and took a few breaths.

"Sorry, you'll have to forgive me. I have the worst habit of saying everything that comes to mind. My mother used to tell me that I liked the sound of my own voice a little bit too much." she chuckled slightly, before shaking her head and brushing a few strands of hair behind her ear as she quickly glanced at the rest of the tavern, glad to see that everyone looked happy. "So, have you a favourite place here yet?" she asked warmly, just wanting to try and make a new friend.
~
"Fratava" || "Shiber"
Deliath

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Curfew (Lo'Campo)

Postby Lo'campo on September 12th, 2016, 6:07 pm

"Normal Text"
Mental text
Lo'campo
Oumoc
Losasa
Oumren

He had to admit that he was a bit uncomfortable in his current state. Hair down, robe off, and his back not against a wall made the Akalak's already existing paranoia increase even greater. Still though, how was one going to move forward if they didn't leave their previous location? So he sat putting on the less psychotic and deranged smile that'd he'd been practicing for quite some time now.

It wasn't long before Del returned with the food that she promised. "Thank you." He spoke with a nod of his head before stuffing the steaming meal into his mouth. The meat was tender and was actual beef and not what ever the cook bought from the hunters that occasionally sold the fruits of their labors. The potatoes were soft and not hard. Must be what the workers get served.

He'd been listening to her talk about her travels before directing another question towards him. Taking the time to actually swallow his food and not barrage the ever so kind waitress with potato pellets he then began to answer. "Syliras? Isn't that the place with all the guards? Kinda big of a change of scenery don't you think?

He didn't know much about Syliras other than what he'd heard about it around Sunberth, and based on what he did hear about it, it was a place that both he and Oumoc agreed to stray clear off, at least until he figured out a way to kill Oumoc and become more stable, or until Oumoc killed him and became powerful enough to take on an entire city full of guards. Blinking the thought from his mind, he continued.

"You must turn quite a few heads around here though! I haven't seen many Akalaks at all, and judging by those guys, I don't think they had either. Of course, you must have to work hard to keep up such a physique?" He gave a friendly chuckle at the compliment. Haha you're right, I do stand out in a crowd and I do exercise a bit."

"If strangling people is considered as exercise." His darker brother cut in mentally. Blocking the Akalak out of his mind, he carried on with his conversation with Del. I don't travel the city much. Too many people trying to cause trouble. I do like to walk the Quarter now and again, if not sit in a tavern enjoying a pint of water and speaking with nice waitresses." His throat tightened after the last comment. He only hoped that he did it right. What was the word? Flattery he thought it was. His sister always told him "A good way to make friends is to flatter someone. Give them a complement." Taking her advice he quickly decided to use it.

"And please, I'd like to hear you talk as much as you could. It's nice to get to know the people in your neighborhood, especially in Sunberth haha. So this is your work? What do you do in your spare time?"

Oumoc Basunreph Campo
Lo'campo

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Curfew (Lo'Campo)

Postby Deliath on September 14th, 2016, 9:24 pm

Deliath Telori

~
Deliath watched as the man ate. It seemed that he was enjoying the food, and that was something that she was glad about. It would have been a disappointment if he hadn't liked the food.

Then she heard him speak.
"Yeah it's the one with all the guards. And it is quite a change, but I prefer it here. Back over in Syliras, most things are only usable by the Knights and Squires, and I was never interested in that. Over her, most things are for everybody to use, whether they do use it or not is a different story." Del found herself grinning. "Plus it's hard to get into trouble over here. Back in Syliras I'd get into trouble with my parents everyday, whether it be for pestering too many people, or trying to get into places I shouldn't. It's just nice to not have to worry about that over here!" she never expected it, but she was fond of Sunberth.

Then she listened to Lo'Campo as he said that he did exercise, then about how he didn't travel the city much due to people trying to cause trouble, but how he did spend time in Sunset Quarter and in taverns.

"Aww, you're sweet!" she said when she heard him mention talking to nice waitresses. He seemed to be a pleasant guy, somebody who she would like to have as a friend. "And yeah, this is my work but it's just while I save up. I want to start my own business, but I need enough money first. And I really like plants. I practice herbalism a lot, and I go to the South Woods quite a bit, just to check to see if there's anything new. And I'm looking to find someone who knows something about Philtering that I can get to teach me about it but I haven't found any philterers yet. I also want to learn more about medicine, but I've read most of the books in the library on medicine and most of them seem to lack any real information."

Deliath glanced around the tavern again, happy to see that everyone else in the tavern had been tended to and didn't seem to need any extra attention.

"So, you know I work here. What do you do for a living? I can't imagine it being anything menial. A man of your exotic nature must have a job befitting if that!" she grinned as she watched him, before she placed her elbow on the table and resting her chin on her palm.
She couldn't remember seeing much of him beforehand, and she was curious. She couldn't imagine that she'd have managed to not notice a man of such size, so she assumed that they just hadn't crossed paths and that he didn't spend much time in the places that she had done.
~
"Fratava" || "Shiber"
Deliath

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Curfew (Lo'Campo)

Postby Lo'campo on September 15th, 2016, 8:17 pm

"Normal Text"
Mental text
Lo'campo
Oumoc
Losasa
Oumren

She said that he was sweet. The words filled the Akalak's ears with harmonic sounds. No one ever had given him a compliment before, he really didn't know how to handle the words appropriately. He felt his cheeks start to change into a dark purple like hue as he tried to fight the new emotion. Did she just use flattery on him?

He had been so caught up in her compliment that he almost missed everything else she had said. Open your own business. A tavern? So it seems that I may have a new place to enjoy my water.

"Or pick out victims"

Herbalism is a neat craft too. I work as a guard at the orphanage and the children had gotten sick two seasons ago. There was a book there with plants and things. It assisted me with treating their colds. Maybe you'd like to take a look into it? I myself don't know much about plants but maybe it could help you.

He remembered that day. It was the same day that Oumoc helped cure the orphans. Yes it was for his own evil reasons, but it did help cure them at least. Now that he'd thought about it, him and the darker personality had been interacting more with each other than normal. It was something that he'd have to keep his guard up on.

Sun's going down Campy. We are going to have to switch soon."

Lo'campo looked out the window to see that his darker brother had been correct. The sun had almost completely set behind the horizon as nightfall was ready to claim the city. "Is it really this late? Funny how conversation can just make the time go by huh?" He nodded his head towards the sunset.

Oumoc Basunreph Campo
Lo'campo

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Curfew (Lo'Campo)

Postby Deliath on September 16th, 2016, 4:58 pm

Deliath Telori

~
Deliath couldn't but smile ever more as she noticed the mans cheeks flash a deep purple hue. It appeared that he wasn't quite used to being called 'nice' and she found it somewhat endearing that he was blushing.

Then she heard him speak about her future business. She still wasn't a hundred percent sure on what she wanted it to be. She enjoyed working at the tavern, and wanted to open her own, however that would cost a lot of money, and could be quite hard to make a living from, especially competing against three existing taverns.

On the other hand, she loved herbalism and had noted that there weren't many shops that sold herbal remedies at all, and the Clinic in the Den seemed to be the only place you could get any sort of medical attention.

"I'm not entirely sure yet, either a tavern or a shop of some sort. Either way, I need to save up money to get started, and I need to learn a lot more." she smiled as she spoke.
Then she heard him speaking about how the orphans had became sick a few seasons ago, and how a book on plants had helped him to cure them.

"Really? That would be great! I mean, anything that I can learn a bit more from would be really helpful!" she watched him carefully before hearing him mention that it had become late, and that the time passed quickly and she instantly turned to look out of the window to see the last remnants of the sunlight and she suddenly felt more uneasy than she had done in years.
Normally the night time didn't affect her, but lately rumours had been spreading about things happening at night, bodies, mauled by an animal, being found, people behaving strangely, and now the dead rising after the eighth bell.

"It really does, doesn't it. Good conversation conversation anyway. I've had conversations with some people in here before and they made the day feel even longer." she found herself smiling again, despite her uneasiness.
~
"Fratava" || "Shiber"
Deliath

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook