PM to join [Training Grounds] Archery Training

Ferrin learns more about archery.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Training Grounds] Archery Training

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on August 20th, 2016, 11:13 pm

Timestamp: 38th of Summer 516av

Light winds and a bright blue sky, with a hint of gray clouds moving in from the West decorated the scenery above Syliras for today. It was yet to be warm and muggy, Ferrin was just waiting for the rain to come. He was just only waiting... he didn't know why. If clouds so dark shone over head to hide in front of Synas light, then why not let it rain? Though, it wouldn't quite make a difference as there was a roof above the Training Grounds to prevent drastic storms from damaging any of the structure.

Today, Ser Xervos wanted Ferrin to train once again. Of course, it wasn't some special drill or learning a new weapon. Once again, Ferrin is at it with archery. Ferrin wished he could train attempting a one on one combat or even instructing another group of squires. How difficult could that be? Well, Ferrin isn't much of a spokesman, and he doesn't fancy raising his voice demandingly and with enough force to infuse any fear into others. Ferrin is a type of guy who'd feel intimidated once his loved ones get invovled, including his friends. It's sort of a flaw he has at this point. So much could happen to Ferrin that it even scares him. So... about the weather, was it the fact that it might rain soon that scared him? No, it can't be. He's not afraid of the rain. It's ridiculous to ever get afraid of the rain. So what was Ferrin afraid of? A lot of things so it seems...

Ferrin sighed.

It looked as if today was one of those top notch days, but day in and day out of training, Ferrin was stsrting to get tired of all of this soreness and aches that sneak up on him in the middle of the night. Though, with proper exercise and stretches, Ferrin can manage each day pain free. For the most part at least.

The Training Grounds, busy. Likewise, always filled with ready squires and purposeful Knights whom in the mood to train their squires. Or just lone Knights wanting to get a few Bells worth of training in for the day.

The hunter had definitely brought his longbow and quiver full of arrows. He wore the leather armor. It was good to wear something light again. Of course, Ferrin brought his short broadsword, Clivath with him, as she was belted to his waist.

The squire looked ready, but he had a mixture of exhaustion that draped over his expressions. Bags under his eyes, not so much noticeable, but if one peered closely, he could see it. Ferrin yawned. It was a little later in the morning, but that wasn't the problem. It was Ferrins' sleep schedule. He's been getting to worried, and grown a little anxious about things as days pass on.

"You ready, my boy?" Smiled Ser Xervos as the Knight cladded in armor came strolling up to Ferrin casually. The Knight observed Ferrin, it took a few moments, but all the Knight gave to Ferrin in response was a simple nod. Nothing more. That made Ferrin a little in easy, Ser Xervos can always manage a way to get Ferrin feel timid.

"Yes Ser?" Ferrin responded. The Kenashian picked up his long fr the ground and strapped his quiver around his shoulder. "I am."

"Good." Replies the Knight soothingly. Though, Ser Xervos transferred back to his commanding attitude. "We're going to practice more on archery. I know you have had some skill of that longbow of yours, but I want to make things clear..." Spoke Ser Xervos. "To have you become more accurate with shooting that bow, you'll feel more comfortable as your on your stallion. The more practice you get with the bow, obviously the better you get. Do not complain boy. I won't tolerate it." He chided.

"Now, am I clear?"

"Yes Ser." Ferrin nodded firmly. The squire looked past the Knight and inspected the dummy. Ferrin was reading the target, what he had to shoot at.

"Alright then. Let me draw a line with my boot signifying where you can shoot your first few arrows." Started the Knight politely. The Knight walked around Ferrin, his boots clinked against the dirt. Ser Xervos sighed as he discovered a reasonable distance. Twenty feet. The Knight drew a line with his boot. It wasn't perfect, but it made its point. "Here." He said simply, pointing at it, almost like a child will do.

"Okay." Agreed Ferrin. "I can shoot there." The squire came walking up, clutching The handle of the bow tightly. Knuckles turning white from tension.

"Now, I'd like you to breath, to relax as you ready yourself to shoot. Don't be afriad if you miss the dummy. Or miss the head. As long as you can hit from twenty yards, you'll be fine." The Knight said assuring Ferrin with a light clasp on the shoulder. Ferrin nodded and released a little nervous breath.

"Take my time," thoufht Ferrin.

"Ser?" Ferrin asks.

"Yes?" He responded.

"Nothing..." Ferrin said weakly. The squire didn't want to find out what would've happened if he managed to miss a shot. Ferrin reached back to retrieve an arrow, and readies it, he was careful the arrow not to bend it, as it could affect the dynamics of the flight. Just breath. Ferrin aims. He breaths a few times before releasing, he aims slight upwards, and... releasing the grip to the arrow, it zoomed the distance almost instantly and hits the dummy hard. Relinquishing a plausible crunch noise.

"Good. Not to shabby." Admired Ser Xervos with a smirk. Though, Ferrin didn't notice it as the Knight was standing behind Ferrin. "Let's see how much more you can make contact with."

[X] "Common." [X] "Pavi." [X] "Tukant." [X]

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

[Training Grounds] Archery Training

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on September 14th, 2016, 1:25 am

Timestamp:

Placeholder...

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2