PM to join Heart of the Blade [Deliath]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Heart of the Blade [Deliath]

Postby Ascen on October 5th, 2016, 6:48 pm

Timestamp: 15th Fall, 516 AV

The sounds of hammers striking the hot steel on the anvils was almost irritating Ascen’s ears. Additionally with the heat being almost unbearable to be in a short period of time Ascen’s shirt was sticking to his skin from the sweat which brings more discomfort. Ascen’s purpose in this place is mostly like everyone else that comes here. Trying to find something affordable and yet easy to use. Ascen is very familiar with the use of his fists and legs, but he’s grown to realize that there are occasions that even his gauntlet won’t be able to withstand.

In essence Ascen was trying to find something of a blade yet small and affordable if he can help it. However Ascen’s eyes wander until he finds a simple longsword that resembled like a cross on the rack. With the hilt being of simple leather for comfort to the hand, and the pommel being like an ace shaped. It was decent looking weapon according to Ascen’s eyes even though he’s actually no expert to swords in general. However he’s seen other people with swords that also has scabbards or weapon harnesses to keep from carrying it in one’s hands.

So Ascen picks up the sword from the rack before looking around at the scabbards. However he can’t exactly gauge the right scabbard for the sword just sight nor does he really know the sword that much. So he’s having to take the scabbards one by one to gauge the sizes. Ascen obviously knew when the scabbard was too short just by looking at it, so he is more or less gauging the scabbards that’s roughly his sword’s size. It took him several attempts to find the right scabbard and in truth he thought it was ridiculous that he’s spending so much time trying to find something to hold his weapon.

Eventually he finds the scabbard that goes with the longsword and proceeds to walk up to the counter before setting the item on the counter’s surface. At this point Ascen believes the clanging metal has gotten a bit quieter, but it’s rather the fact that the noise is hurting his ears so much that they’re constantly ringing loudly right now to dim the noise. Still he managed to gain the attention of a human man who actually looks around Ascen’s age, but the big difference was this guy was good at making stuff while Ascen seems to be good at taking stuff down. “Would that be all for you sir?” Lawrence asked making his voice loud and clear despite the noise. Ascen would nod his head as Lawrence takes the moment to examine the weapon and the scabbard before setting it back down on the counter.

“That’ll be nineteen gold mizas total.” Lawrence simply stated the price as Ascen reached into his pouch as he wasn’t even going to try to haggle his way out of it. Ascen honestly wanted to be away from the noise as much as possible. Still Ascen pulls out exactly nineteen gold rimmed mizas and hands it over to Lawrence who takes it into his soot covered hands. “You have a good day sir.” The exchange was simple and easy. Just how Ascen likes his business to be when out on the job because it makes everything so much easier. Ascen grabs the sheathed sword and takes the moment to add it to his belt on the left hip. Mentally noting that he’ll have to train himself in the use of a sword later today. Even so Ascen proceeds to walk out of the armory with his left hand lazily resting on the pommel of his sword.

Secret :
Paid 15GM for the Longsword and 4GM for the scabbard
Secret :
Ascen Reputation Points Faction Title
Citizens 0
Daggerhands -11 Annoyance
Night Eyes +7 Stranger
Vigilantes 0
The Quarter 0
Slavers 0
Sun's Birth 0
Ascen
Player

Words: 121082
Joined roleplay: August 1st, 2016, 10:59 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Deliath on October 13th, 2016, 10:11 am

Deliath Telori

~
Deliath had had an early shift at the Pigs Foot Tavern as one of the other barmaids had been unable to turn up on time. Deliath hadn't minded though, she hadn't had any plans and all she'd have done would have been visiting the library to research a few more plants and mosses. Now it meant that she'd had the chance to interact with a few more people and help out in the kitchen a little bit.
Now the other barmaid had finally turned up and was speaking to their boss and Deliath had been allowed to leave for a few hours before she would have normally been at work.

Sighing, she stepped out of the Pigs Foot Tavern and thought for a moment or two as to what she could do.
She could go home and tend to her plants, although she had already seen to them today. She could go to the library and have a browse through a few books, but she didn't have her backpack or any paper that she could take any notes with.
In the end she decided that she would spend her free time looking around the area and seeing if there was anything she could buy that she might find useful.

She sighed again before stepping out, in her usual sociable mood.
As she walked she glanced around at everything with a slight smile on her face, her eyes darting around rapidly.
On one side of her there was a man buckled over and retching, probably having drank too much or taken a drug that he hadn't considered the effects of, on the other side was a man trying to sell something, probably something he had scavenged from elsewhere, but she wasn't really listening to him and instead she passed him, almost completely ignoring him.
Behind her she could hear the sounds of music, probably the sounds of a busker trying to earn his or her living and probably not earning very much judging by the lack of people simply stood listening.

Eventually she found herself walking past the armoury, and almost walking into a man, her shoulder just brushing him and she instantly panicked, hoping that it wasn't anyone that would be angered by her lack of observation.
He was a bit taller than her, and appeared to be slightly younger than her, possibly in his late teens or early twenties, with a mane of black hair paired with amber eyes. She smiled up at him, wondering who he was and whether he had any friends in gangs.

"Sorry 'bout that. I should probably start watching where I'm going!" she said calmly, looking up at him a bit more before holding her hand out to him, a slight smile on her face. "I'm Deliath, but most just call me Del. Pleasant day today isn't it?" she said, attempting to start up a conversation.

She had made a habit of speaking to complete strangers and hoping that they might become a friend. She hated the idea of not having anyone that knew her, especially somewhere like Sunberth. She knew that to make sure she was safe, she had to make allies.
~
Any speech in bold is Common
"Fratava" || "Shiber"
Anything in italics are thoughts
Deliath
Read profile for details of hiatus

Words: 73363
Joined roleplay: August 26th, 2016, 3:32 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Ascen on February 14th, 2017, 9:25 pm

Greeted by the warm breeze combing through his shirt and tugging at his hair. Ascen walked out of the armory as he accidentally grazed someone's shoulder with a bump and almost got him to jump. Was it the Daggerhands again? Or was it someone who has a nasty reputation? Ascen didn't know as he immediately focused his attention to the person he bumped into. "My apologies."

Taking the moment to pay attention, Ascen sees a female who is dressed a bit better than most people he's seen in Sunberth. Though, when Ascen thinks is a bit better he means cleaner than most people. What was odd is that she was smiling up at him before following up with her speech. "Sorry 'bout that. I should probably start watching where I'm going!" She has this accent that didn't necessarily stuck out that much, but it was different than the accents he's used to around here. It was much smoother and fluid so Ascen can't picture her being a sailor to say the least. Perhaps a visitor of some kind? "In this city it's best to watch where you walk. It can get dangerous for anyone if they don't set their sights to their surroundings."

It was part of Ascen's way of an advice, but some people might misinterpret as a threat. However his voice did not raise nor carry the sound of anger emotions. If anything he's a bit relieved that things aren't turning bad, but still paranoia ensnares his senses as his amber eyes keep watch on her especially around her hands. Could she be hiding a dagger behind her back under the folds of her outfit? Or perhaps hiding a poison tipped dagger in her sleeves? Looking at her fingernails, he doesn't really see anything that would scream poison. In this city, one can't be too careful.

"I am Deliath, but most people call me Del. Pleasant day today isn't it?" The woman introduced herself with the same positive aura about her. Ascen suppose that it would be rude if he didn't introduce himself as well, so he responds in a more casual and clear tone. "My name is Ascen Amastacia. Formalities isn't exactly my thing, so please just call me Ascen if you don't mind. As for the day, I suppose it is a nice day. The wind certainly feels nice to the skin at any rate, but the sand isn't so kind to the eyes unfortunately."
Secret :
Ascen Reputation Points Faction Title
Citizens 0
Daggerhands -11 Annoyance
Night Eyes +7 Stranger
Vigilantes 0
The Quarter 0
Slavers 0
Sun's Birth 0
Ascen
Player

Words: 121082