[Silver Sliver Tavern]Tipping the Bowl

Job Thread One

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Benare Nitrozian on October 6th, 2016, 2:29 pm

Fall 15th 516av//Silver Sliver Tavern //

"Eh kid, wake up,won't ya?"

There was a sudden constant jab at Ben's shoulder, he fell asleep at the Silver Sliver again, though not for very long, his hood was draped over his head as he wore his dark colored cloak that covered up most of his clothing; it was necessary if he didn't want anyone to see him out and about, Ben was informed that he could find some sort of job here, someone would meet him, he got a letter at the Nitrozian Estate asking for a meeting, what could this have mean? With everything going on, Ben wasn't sure if he could trust this anonymous fellow; the one who'd sent him the letter, there wasn't any recognizable signature on the bottom of the letter itself, otherwise Ben would have arranged something else... entirely.

"Er, apologies." Ben spoke in a half tired tone. He kept his hood on, but he stayed sitting; making sure to keep a look out for someone, anyone.

"You waiting for someone?" Jeb asked, Benare now realized whom the man was, of course it was Jeb, he's always here, he's the bartender of the tavern. Benare always had a sense of solace here at the Silver Sliver, it's a good place to get away from family, especially when one's as busy as the Nitrozians.

"Yes, actually. Can I get another water?" The Nitrozian asked Jeb, the bartender nodded.
"Sure, anything you need. You're not hungry yeah?" Asked Jeb looking up at the younger man, his face was merely shrouded by the hood, even if Jeb could recognize Benare, Ben was sure that he wouldn't give the Nitrozian any trouble. Though, he was completely unaware of Jeb's motives of what he could do.

Ben surveyed the room around him, he watched carefully as Jeb walked back to his counter; as Ben observed the room, a few people remained this late at night and Ben was wondering when they would go home; if they ever went home. Then Ben spotted a peculiar man, swathed in dark clothing, a cloak similar to Ben's. He just came through the door, looking at Ben, the Nitrozian could feel the man's eyes locking on to his. The man nodded, his blonde hair flopping on the top of his head and fell before his eyes, who would this man be? Benare wondered.

The blonde man walked closer, closer, and closer, eventually he came to Ben's table, the Nitrozian's heart dropped and he felt a little insecure.
"You must be Ben?" The man whispered, loud enough for the Nitrozian to hear, but for no one else to hear. Ben raised his head and nodded slowly, he wasn't sure what to do really, whether or not to pull down the hood.
"I figured we meet here. Better than meeting at an dark alleyway where the Stryfe could be watching."

Eventually, Jeb returned with not one, but two cups of water, assuming that the blonde man was with Ben. The Nitrozian nodded and said his thanks and took a good swig of the water, letting the coolness of the liquid sink down so he could feel refreshed.

Jeb walked away calmly.

"Anyways, there's something that I'm hoping you could help with."

Word Count= 538

Benare Nitrozian
The Protector of Ravok

Words: 77895
Joined roleplay: August 23rd, 2016, 1:26 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Benare Nitrozian on October 13th, 2016, 1:32 pm

Timestamp:

||"Benare"||"Fratava."||"Others."||

"What is it that you need help with?"Asked Ben cautiously, he didn't express it vividly that he was worried, but maybe the blonde man could pick it up, what if he figured that Ben wasn't fit for the job, he needed the job, it was something to keep him busy, and he'd most likely appreciate it if he could get it, really.

"It's an important job, one that includes a lot of stealth and caution." The other man responded, looking at Ben, he decided to take a drink of his cup of water, and sighed a relaxing sigh as if the cool water soothed the man.

"I'm not that stealthy..."The blonde man cocked a brow and looked around, he didn't look very pleased. He sighed, waiting for Ben to catch his own mistake.

"Right there was your chance; you've ruined it. Really, but I could arrange something with you, you don't ever want to tell what you can and can't do, not most of the time anyways, especially going through with a responsibility such as being a mercenary..." The man stopped talking, he realized that what he meant to say was what he didn't want to say, petch.
"Petch me, I shouldn't have told you what you were meant to do."The man said in a dismissive manner, he looked around. Turning his head back to face Ben; "We must scout out some dangerous men, their believed to be exporting some unique materials, or something, I need to make note of what it is, can you help or not?"

Ben pondered,, he wasn't really sure whether or not if he could trust this man, "What's in it for me? What would I get?"The Nitrozian figured that he could get a small amount of Mizas; he wasn't looking for much, but living on a small amount from his father every season didn't exactly support him well enough, he needed the money. "Three gold mizas, and I'll talk to my mentor about you joining our little investigation. yeah?"Ben was unsure, he didn't know what exactly the outcomes would be; it was something to do, to pass the time though.
"Sure I'm in."

wc=898

Benare Nitrozian
The Protector of Ravok

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Benare Nitrozian on October 17th, 2016, 8:04 pm

Timestamp:

||"Benare"||"Fratava."||"Others."||

"Good, I think you should come with me; we can talk outside, by the docks, I enjoy the sights."The blonde man stated, waving his hand; gesturing for Ben to follow, the Nitrozian nodded and clasped his hands on the edge of the table from where he sat, and slowly got up, avoiding to bump the edge with his abdomen as he didn't want to damage any of it. Then, the Nitrozian attempted to match pace with the blonde man beside him, as Ben hurried to catch up to him, the blonde man, opened the door for the Nitrozian and allowed him to leave the building first. It was Ben's pleasure to leave, it felt awkward almost being at the Silver Sliver at this time, he was glad to feel the fresh air, and enter the embrace of Rhysol. The two made way for the docks, the blonde man began conversation again, it was interesting.

"So, we need to make sure..."the blonde man said in a whisper, Ben wished he would tell him his name, otherwise he didn't feel like calling him the blonde man, there wasn't anything else that symbolized him as something other than human, so Ben just called him the blonde man. "That what those other men are exporting something dangerous, otherwise we were given a false lead, it wouldn't be wise to continue on if there was."He continued, hands in his pockets of his cloak, looking around for any non-welcomed guests, well from what Ben thought.

Off on one of the piers of the docks, Damien continued to glare at one of the boats yonder from where they sat, just maybe a mile or so away. "That's the boat..."The blonde informed Ben, while pointing, a guard walked by, he scanned the two and simply dismissed the fact that they might not be up to no good, or, honestly, the guard really didn't care, Damien was relieved for a bit. "There's been slightly more of the Stryfe here at the Docks, I'm not so sure what's going on, but it won't have anything to do with us I'm sure."The man continued keeping pace with the NItrozian, "Lets make this quick."He said stepping upon a pier, the boat that was their target, or maybe it was containing someone inside to be their target, was an aged boat, it wasn't too big; but it still made Ben nervous, and he hoped he didn't have to fight anyone.

"What are we supposed to do?"Ben asked, looking towards the main door of the boat, it looked peaceful almost, but yet even the most peaceful of places could turn out deadly. "Pull out your sword."Ben hesitated, he really didn't want to go through with this, but if he needed to do this; it would be worth it in the long run, well for the most part, and he hoped that doing this, he wouldn't have to regret it in the future. He wondered what his father would say if Sitanos ever discovered him doing this kind of thing... would his father even care? Of course his father knows that he's training outside in the Gardens, no doubt one of the slaves had informed Sitanos of Ben's whereabouts, Benare didn't feel comfortable with his father knowing of what he's doing on his spare time, he's been doing things outside of his family's business that barely relates to what he's supposed to do.

Ben obeyed, he didn't know the skills of Damien as of yet, so it's best to do as he says, and if he isn't the leader of whatever business this role is, than he might not be as tough as Ben thinks, but he didn't want to give Damien the benefit of the doubt, so the Nitrozian decided to obey. The blade came out with some difficulty, the hilt got caught on the sheath and Ben had to tug on it a bit, it was sort of embarrassing, but eventually, the Nitrozian managed it after a few moments, he dismissed the look that Damien gave him.

"Okay, make sure to be quiet, We need to find a journal, one that looks old and very much written inside, now be sure to be careful while we aboard the ship." Benare nodded and carefully followed behind Damien as he led the way.

WC= 1616

Benare Nitrozian
The Protector of Ravok

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Benare Nitrozian on October 18th, 2016, 1:28 pm

"Benare." Thoughts "Fratava." "Others."

[OOC: This is what the boat looks like, but smaller... that's how I imagined it at least. :)]

Stepping onto the deck made Benare feel a little uncomfortable, it made him feel like he was invading someone's space, he didn't really enjoy that feeling, his stomach sank as he continued to walk around the deck, following Damien.
"Just stay quiet, maybe it's in the captain's quarters below, make sure you don't wake the captain, because things will go down to hell immensely wrong."
"Sure sure, where is everyone?"Benare looked around, it was quiet, a bit too quiet and it was nerve wracking, it sort of freaked the Nitrozian out, but Benare was sure that things would go quite okay.
"Sleeping in the Barracks probably, just don't ask too many questions, or I'll kill you myself, understand?"
"Yes, yes..."

After that, Benare grew quiet, and the Nitrozian wondered what will happen next. I just hope he doesn't get me killed, if he does, I'll have my father see to him first...Benare thought coldly as Damien lead the Nitrozian down a flight of stairs that eventually lead to the Captains Quarters, good thing that no one patrols around during the night. The two passed so many rooms, Benare wondered how Damien knew his way around.
"I think this door down here is the one."Damien whispered over to Benare, looking around, just to make sure that no one was around.

"You open the door, I'll come in from behind."Damien whispered, Ben nodded and he tested the handle, to make sure that it wasn't locked, it wasn't.
"Are you sure this is it?"The Nitrozian asked, Damien ignored Ben, and the Nitrozian decided to open the door anyways. It creaked open, so Ben had to be quick, but it was a bit too late for Ben to recover, hopefully, no one would be inside, and fortunately, no one was, the room contained weapons and armor, it looked like these men were storing armor for some sort of war, or something like that. The weapons were neatly organized on racks upon racks, and armor stands were aligned in rows at the far end. It looked strange, but one can never be so sure when another naval ship will attack over seas... right?

"The petch? I thought that this was the Captain's Quarters?"Damien cursed in a hoarse whisper, hopefully no one heard him, and it'll be a good thing if they didn't, Ben assumed that the Barracks where the other "pirates" sleep are contained on the other side of the boat, the boat rocked a little, and the sound of waves slamming against the docks sounded outside of the boat. Ben held onto the wall behind him, to keep from falling and making noise. He didn't want to fall, if he did, then they would be in a heap of trouble, because the Nitrozian would trip into the weapons and that would make a loud noise, and Ben didn't want that, and he certainly didn't want to die.

"Lets get a move on, leave this room. We'll find him I'm sure."

WC: 2112
Benare Nitrozian
The Protector of Ravok

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Benare Nitrozian on October 24th, 2016, 12:44 am

"Benare." Thoughts "Fratava." "Others."

"Why won't we just kill the man?"The Nitrozian asked as the two men stood in the hallway, Damien, he was the man who greeted him at the Silver Sliver just a few moments ago, he wanted Ben to work with him, out of all people, why would he choose Ben? That's a question that he had had for a few days now, and it still kept making Benare think of this decision. It was odd nonetheless, but Ben wouldn't give up this spot, even if it did mean risking his life, he didn't really care, and plus he knew some of the dangers that the Stryfe couldn't handle, and Benare didn't really want to be a part of that concept. He wanted to do things that wouldn't get him publicly noticed, and one of the family mercenaries found him a position here, with Damien, and whatever Damien does, it might lead up to something big, and bigger means better, usually, that's how the Nitrozian thought of it at least. Sure, and hopefully, I'll get a nice place by my self, somewhere that people choose not to bother.Benare thought, hoping that something like that could actually happen in the future.

"If we killed him, then the Stryfe would investigate, they'll kill us all then. That's why we shouldn't kill the captain, because one of the other pirates would discover him missing and they'll report it to the Stryfe, and there was a guard that passed us by not too long ago, remember?"

Damien scoffed in a harsh whisper, Ben nodded, he then grew quiet and followed the blonde man carefully, balancing against the wall as the boat rocked side to side with the bouncing of waves off of the shore, to be honest, it was beginning to annoy the Nitrozian, he didn't really enjoy being on a ship, whether or not if it moved, he still didn't like it. Though, that won't make his job any easier, complaining about it, so he'll do better if he just keeps his mouth closed, because Damien appears to be a guy who's short tempered, and the Nitrozian didn't really like those kind of guys; those kind of guys tend to get into fights, and he doesn't feel like getting into a fight with Damien at the moment.

Eventually, Benare peered through a small window that was made through the door to one of the rooms. There was a man sleeping on a mattress on the far side of the room, Benare could see him perfectly. The Nitrozian wondered if the door was unlocked.

"Test it." Damien whispered to him, so Benare did.

The door knob twisted and clicked open. The Nitrozian gasped with a relief sigh, and he slowly opened the door to step in, the boat continued to rock and slightly sway some, but by now it didn't bother the Nitrozian much.

"There." He whispered, Damien tapped Ben's shoulder and pointed to a book on a desk, it was positioned in the middle of the room, barely shifting around as the boat swayed and creaked.

Ben looked at the sleeping captain, he was snoring and it looked as if he were holding a dagger in his sleep, Benare noticed the steel sticking out from under his shirt, but wasn't sure what type of blade it was, or if it was some sort of tool.

Damien grabbed it, but he tripped over a plank wood thst was sticking out and dropped the book, he tipped a bowl, but it didn't break or make any other noise and Ben's heart raced, he knew he was dead, he knew it just about then.

Fortunate enough for them, the Captain was a heavy sleeper, and Damien and Benare slipped off and out of the boat. Heading towards darkness, and embracing themselves of Rhysol's protection, which would most likely guide them in the future.

WC: 2758
Benare Nitrozian
The Protector of Ravok

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Sayana on January 8th, 2017, 6:10 pm

Don't forget to edit/delete your grade request. If there's anything I may have missed, please PM me and I'll be happy to look into it.

Benare
Skills
  • Stealth: 3
  • Observation: 3
  • Socialization: 4
  • Negotiation: 1
  • Investigation: 3
Lores
  • Jeb: Bartender at the Silver Silver Tavern
  • Stealth: Covering up in a cloak to mask one's identity
  • Damien: New employer
  • Investigation: Finding men believed to be exporting unique materials
Miscellaneous
  • Captain's Journal

Comments: I enjoyed the suspence you created. However, I was a little disappointed that it was Damien rather than Benare doing all the actions. Your PC should be the highlight of your stories, so don't be afraid to let him shine.

On a secondary note, if you plan to use Damien as a reoccuring NPC, then a proper NPC write-up should be made following the NPC rules. NPC lore

Your Grader,

Sayana
Boxcode design: Firenze
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)