[Oath Isle] Mystical Miracles Dining Resort

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This subforum is for small businesses that do not require extensive subforums for organization. These Small Business Sheets are simply posted records of what a business is for, its expenses, its debt and the profit it makes.

Postby Alice Draer on August 22nd, 2016, 3:27 am

Business History

Mystical Miracles Dining Resort

Alice knew that starting a business in kenash would be difficult. Location for a restaurant would be the most important. It would have to have access to a water channel for easy transportation of supplies and also be near a place that plenty of people visited. After running around Kenash for some time she found an open plot that seemed to be perfect on Oath Isle. After devising a plan she went to her father to tell him of everything. A restaurant that would change the way the Kenash people saw food. She originally wanted to name the restaurant in honor of the Draer name but her father digressed and told her to make it her own.

During 514A.V. After getting the backing from the Draer family and namely Orkat who provided her with the loan, the restaurant started to begin being built. She wanted a place that would be comfortable to live in as well. During construction the restaurant created a bit of a commotion. People wanted to know what was being built. That was when Alice put up the sign for all to read. "Mystical Miracles Dining Resort." The name was based off her thinking to eventually provide unique consumable goods to sale as well as being a restaurant.

Taking nearly 2 seasons to fully be constructed, which was particularly slow with intention, Alice worked on devising business plans with Orkat and a few other Draer family members. She also took that time to find the perfect slaves for her business and to acclimate them to her intentions of running a restaurant. During Fall of 516A.V. The Grand opening was finally ready.

Family Interview

Alice Draer under guidance of Willum introduced herself to the family as a cousin. Although she wasn't happy about it she seemed to be believed, and her cold face remained one of her more dominating features throughout the introduction and interview to receive a loan. Mostly she dealt with Orkat who was all too pleased to aid her in her endeavors, but not without questioning.

Q: Where have you been most of your life if not in Kenash?
A: I spent a good amount of time traveling, cooking, and learning new things. Most of it was spent on the sea, but I also lived in Riverfall for some time.

Q: Why do you want to own a restaurant?
A: Kenash has many opportunities to plunder and food is one of them. I feel that with the right location which I know of already that it could turn into a very lucrative business.

Q: What sort of things will you offer there?
A: Aside from unique food and serving the restaurant will be ever growing as business grows. Using alchemy to provide unique food for the public the restaurant will serve as a monopoly to the food market in Kenash.

Q:Are you confident in being able to pay back the loan?
A:I am.

Q:what do you hope to achieve by opening the restaurant?
A:eventually I will look to growing the outreach of the business and furthering the Draer name. Supply from vendors will go straight to me forcing people to come to the restaurant to eat rather than relying on their slaves and their food. Prices will raise on the market and my food prices will be lower cause I'll be buying all of the supply for cheaper.

Q: What do you hope to achieve by using Alchemy in the Restaurant?
A: Alchemy is a profound magical skill. With it I can make dishes with qualities that have never before ever seen in the world. Steaks could feature the flavor of richness like never before and have the texture of a pudding. Biscuits or bread can have the direct flavor of herbs. The possibilities are limitless.

Q: Will you expressly be using Alchemy in all of your food?
A: As draining as it would be, yes. I hope to achieve a never before feat in alchemy, and will continue to use other new ideas in my food as well. I hope to make a special line of edibles with different qualities that could eventually be sold in a shop as well. Even poisons aren't out of my reach for those that would make such a request. Though, in topic of the alchemy every dish will have a specific magical flare to it, and even the remaining dish would feature a use in the restaurant.

The Business
Never say never.

Business Location
Mystical Miracles Dining Resort

ImageSettled on the 3rd plot of oath Isle in Kenash with 2 acres of land and room to expand, the Mystical Miracles Dining Resort couldn't ask for a better location. Right next to an entertainment theater, hunting business, and wood workshop the location provides neighboring goods to the restaurant itself and is also near a water channel and well traveled road.

The restaurant to Alice Draer and her slaves features an elaborate kitchen that serves up to 30 people at a time with a complimentary simple dining hall with a wooden floor that seats up to 30 people and offers seperate seating locations based on status if needed. Many would only see the dining hall which has a door facing towards the road to enter. Upon which the customers would be greeted either by Alice herself or one of her slaves.

With a warm feeling and plenty of cold drinks if needed, the restaurant is quick to serve those that need to get in and out, but doesn't mind the occasional parties that wish to stay longer and socialize. More often than not, they would purchase more and more in that case anyways.

With a fireplace in the center of the dining hall, the restaurant also allows for the occasional straggler to catch some warmth before continuing their journey. The restaurant is if anything inviting, however some believe that the food itself is magical at times, and they wouldn't be wrong.

With all dishes modified by alchemy it is perhaps one of the signature appeals to the restaurant. With a unique menu that changes with the seasons and sometimes the days there is always something new to try. Although featuring new foods the restaurant also offers common dishes and even cheaper meals to those who can't afford full price meals.(sometimes this is the leftover by products of alchemy) A restaurant has to cater to its demographic and under Alice's hands she caters to all.

Business Ledger

Fall 516 AV

+5000gm Loan from Draer 5000gm
-600gm 2 Acres of Land 4400gm
-900gm 2 Female Slaves 3500gm
-3150gm Building/RestuarantKitchen (Elaborate) = 1800gm, Icehouse = 500gm, Servants Quarters = 400gm, Dining Hall (Simple) = 1500gm= 4200-25% for one build 350gm
-25gm Spices 325gm
-15gm Wheat Flour (5lbs) 310gm
-25gm Rice (5lbs) 285gm
-15gm Olive Oil (3gal) 270gm
-10gm Common Vegetables 260gm
-15gm CowButchered by Alice] (700lbs) 245gm
-5gm Local Fire Wood 240gm
-5sm Dinner Fork (x50) 239gm 5sm 0cm
-5sm Table Fork (x50) 239gm 0sm 0cm
-1sm Mallet 238gm 9sm 0cm
-1sm 5cm Carving Knife (x5) 238gm 7sm 5cm
-5sm Bread Knife (x50) 238gm 2sm 5cm
-5sm Table Knife (x50) 237gm 7sm 5cm
-3cm Pastry Slicer 237gm 7sm 2cm
-3cm Cake Slicer 237gm 6sm 9cm
-5sm Teaspoon (x50) 237gm 1sm 9cm
-5sm Soup Spoon (x50) 236gm 6sm 9cm
-6sm Glazed Bowl 10oz (x30) 236gm 0sm 9cm
-1gm 2sm Cooking Pot 1qt. (x6) 234gm 8sm 9cm
-2sm 8" Dish (x50) 234gm 6sm 9cm
-5sm 5" Dish (x50) 234gm 1sm 9cm
-1sm 5cm Cooking Pit 1gal (x6) 234gm 0sm 4cm
-8sm Iron Kettle 233gm 2sm 4cm
-1sm Whetstone (x5) 233gm 1sm 4cm
-2gm Knife & Cutlery Box 231gm 1sm 4cm
-1gm Mortar & Pestle 230gm 1sm 4cm
-4gm Cooking Utensils (x20) 226gm 1sm 4cm
-3gm 5sm 12oz Cups (x50) 222gm 6sm 4cm
-4gm Jug 1gal (x10) 218gm 6sm 4cm
-1gm Tankard 32oz (x10) 217gm 6sm 4cm
-7sm Tankard 10oz (x10) 216gm 9sm 4cm
-1gm Pitcher 2qt. (x2) 215gm 9sm 4cm
-165gm alchemists circlea 50 inch diameter by 2 inch alchemist circle. 15meters of dwire=150 gm and iron at 5sm/pound for 30 pounds of iron 50gm 9 sm 4 cm

Notes:

Skills reworked : 30 alchemy, 10 Cooking, 10 Butchering, 10 leadership

World mage: alchemist 11gm/day + 20% competent alchemy (2.2)= 13.2gm/day

1201.2gm/season
-450 required good living
750.2gm season
-100gm seasonal expenses
650.2gm season

=5201.6 gm for 8 seasons

Math after Gillar Approval:
Secret :
13.2gm/day (competent Alchemy) + 20% business 2gm/day + 1gm/day creativity bonus = 16.2gm/day
1474.2gm/season
-450gm/season good living
1024.2gm/season
-100gm season expenses
924.2gm/season
-270gm/season for common living for 2 slaves
654.2gm/season

=5233.6 gm for 8 seasons

Expenses: herbs restock 15gm
Meat and eggs restock 40gm
Vegetables restock: 10gm
Misc foods restock: 35gm (properly rped)
Seasonal expenses :100gm

Todo list: develop minor garden, chicken coop, herb growth, reach master Cooking in 2 seasons, reach Butchering in 2 seasons, develop business food cost percentages, develop goods and purchasable unique items... Utilize sugar Plantations from draer family.

Note : goods and menu items with prices will be determined and priced out once approval process is underway. As this is a restaurant certain items and goods are expected to change.
Required job posts per season :4
Last edited by Alice Draer on October 2nd, 2016, 5:58 am, edited 13 times in total.
Alice Draer
Player

Words: 10755
Joined roleplay: August 21st, 2016, 4:12 pm
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Gillar on September 8th, 2016, 3:20 am

There are a few things that needed addressed before we can move closer to a possible approval. First, there is only a single skill used to determine base income. Since you do not have the Leadership skill needed for Tavernkeeper, which would be more appropriate for this business, you are right to use cooking. However, you can't add butchering into it as well.

So cooking gives you 3 gm for a base income. Your skill level gives you an additional 1 gm for a total of 4 gm / day. Your sales bonus for ownership is another 1 gm for a total of 5 gm / day. As for the creativity bonus, there needs to be a notation of this in your Storyteller Secrets thread if it was awarded by a Storyteller however this is not usually done until AFTER your business is established within a city and you've done something to earn the bonus. Otherwise, the only way to get such a bonus is if I approve it as a part of the initial business plan. The problem I am seeing with doing that is, since you don't have the most appropriate skill for this type of business, I can't see granting such a bonus. If anything, you may incur a negative sales bonus due to only having cooking related skills. While cooking and butchering work well for the kitchen aspect of the business, they don't work well with dealing with guests or managing people.

So with a total of 5 gm / day (or even with 6 gm / day IF the creativity bonus was added), you would not have enough to pay back your initial 5,000 gm loan in the 2 year required term. You have to figure in not only your own living expenses but also the expenses of owning the two slaves. While they are cheaper than actual employees, you still have a cost involved in their upkeep.

Even if you were to eventually get the leadership skill and move up to the tavernkeeper occupation with a base starting income of 4 gm / day, you still wouldn't be able to afford this business as it is right now even with a sales bonus, equivalent skill bonus and/or creativity bonus. I would suggest reducing the overall quality of your structures and starting on a smaller, more simpler scale and then work up from there. You have a good concept to work with to be sure but starting at that smaller scale will give you room to achieve the best form of that concept possible.
Gillar
Forging the World

Words: 1345407
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 6:44 pm
Race: Isur
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Alice Draer on September 8th, 2016, 4:55 am

Reworked concept
Alice Draer
Player

Words: 10755
Joined roleplay: August 21st, 2016, 4:12 pm
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Gillar on October 2nd, 2016, 5:48 am

Approved with following modifications/notations:

As a business owner, you are approved for a 20 percent sales bonus or in thi case, 2 gm / day.

In addition, the use of alchemy in food preparation makes for a rather unusual and unique idea. While philtering would generally be more appropriate for such a business, I can see immense opportunities from using alchemy to add all manner of flavor and textures to food that would otherwise be impossible even with philtering. Thus I will approve another 1 gm / day for creativity.

I would suggest upping the slave living expense to something other than squalor else the creativity and sales bonuses will be eliminated due to nobody wanting to associate with such dirty help.

Total final income then, as long as the slave issue is addressed, is 16 gm / day.

Disclaimer: This approval is for the business plan and only the buisness plan. Final approval of the actual business location and any current or future NPCs must be dealt with by attending storytellers and Help Desk respectively.
Gillar
Forging the World

Words: 1345407
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 6:44 pm
Race: Isur
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Crow on October 9th, 2016, 4:49 am

Crow