Refracted Light (By Ornea)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Ornea on September 27th, 2016, 9:01 am

Contemplation

I recall all my thread partners and how I loved to write with them, all the way from my freeform start in the past, until today.

Good roleplay is like a shared dream, alive while it goes on. Roleplay is immersion. Immersion is my reason to write it. Immersion in the world, the stories, my PC and their interaction with others. I’m looking for creativity, sense of wonder, flow, fun.

Every post I ever wrote was focused on this; I wrote to drive on the story, give my thread partners input to work with, and keep up the pace that is the heartbeat of a living thread.

This clip is to all the thread partners along my weird and varied roleplay history.

"Hello you fool, I love you" :
Ornea
Player

Words: 354504
Joined roleplay: September 17th, 2014, 11:03 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Orakan on October 29th, 2016, 2:16 am

As someone who enjoys music that 'takes you to a specific place' and evokes strong feelings in regards to characters, stories and settings, I have really enjoyed going over your scrap. Thank you so much for sharing! Like Estrellir, I find we have similar tastes in music and thought I'd return the love and drop in something for you to (hopefully) enjoy.

I discovered the group when I first started out as a massage therapist. The place I worked at had a limited selection of music to choose from but this was one of the albums available and it fast became my favourite to work to. I even found myself going back to it when I brought my own music in. It transports me to another world haha. All the best!

“The means to every crime is ours,
and we employ them all,
we multiply the horror a hundredfold.”

Image Image
Orakan
Lost Boy

Words: 101764
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2015, 1:52 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Ornea on October 30th, 2016, 8:33 am

Oh, thanks for the clip Orakan ! It’s so nice of you to share it here.

I love to explore music of all genres and periods of time, and discover new things. As you say, this one gives a feeling of going to another world. Relaxing, but also varied, as the tracks differ from each other. It must have been lovely to work with this playing in the background!

As it was your work music I was curious if it was part of the treatments, so I went to google to read a bit about research about how music affects us. New inspiration ... I barely had time to scrape the surface though. When I get time I’m going to delve into this topic more seriously.
Ornea
Player

Words: 354504
Joined roleplay: September 17th, 2014, 11:03 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Orakan on November 5th, 2016, 10:10 pm

Oh, totally! Music therapy (if you get a chance to have a look-see) is amazing. I originally studied Psychology and it's truly amazing how the mind reacts to all different kinds of stimulus and how these reactions, in turn, affect the body. Really fascinating stuff that you can totally kill a day or two on so be careful! I love that you found yourself on that path and looked into it :)

I've found the music used in my line of work has a huge role to play in the session and can definitely help or hinder. Back then I was mainly only doing swedish/relaxation massage so that was the sort of music I turned to. Interesting enough to draw attention and yet calming enough to get lost in and zone out to. I made the error of bringing in something a bit more intense and dynamic and it backfired on me big time: my clients didn't relax as well and one even complained during the session. I was quick to switch back to something more mellow!

Now-a-days I opt for downtempo, ambient electronic stuff - chill out music. I do a lot more dynamic and heavy work that requires client feedback and stretching so my treatment music has evolved to reflect this change. It's been a fun journey of discovery, for sure.

Keep sharing the nice tunes and all the best!

PS - what I currently have playing @ work :
“The means to every crime is ours,
and we employ them all,
we multiply the horror a hundredfold.”

Image Image
Orakan
Lost Boy

Words: 101764
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2015, 1:52 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets