Completed Knocked Down a Peg

Sayana gets a personal taste of what it means to be non-citizen in Ravok.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Knocked Down a Peg

Postby Sayana on October 23rd, 2016, 7:25 pm

OOCFeel free to join as an enemy, friend, or bystander. If there's not much interest, I'll just carry along as if it were a solo.

Fall 75, 516 AV

“Look what we have here,” came a voice to her left. In the next tick, he had flipped open her cloak to reveal her three left arms beneath it. “I thought we had a non-human in our midst. Or should I say, a beast or mutant

Bouts of laughter erupted within the narrow alleyway and it was clear that she wasn’t up against just one man. She had been caught with her guard down. Ever since she had learned the meaning of the cursed bells, Sayana tried to stay unseen when moving throughout the city. But now…

The Eypharian took a step back from the man dressed in black, clearly the leader. But suddenly she found her high hands grasped behind her back as another man restrained her. Instinctively, she started to reach for her daggers and the next moment she was looking down the length of a sword, pointed directly for her throat.

“One more move towards your weapons, any weapons, and you’ll really wish you hadn’t. Don’t you know it’s a crime to pull a blade against an Ebonstryfe? And especially at times like these. You’re lucky I’m feeling merciful.”

During her hesitation, her low and mid hands were grabbed and yanked roughly by other members of this little troop. By now her cloak had been torn off, and those she could see were generally young men in black. She spotted one woman, and then the leader, the Ebonstryfe, kept his position in front of her. He wasn’t much older, but it was clear that he was in a position of power compared to the others who simply flocked to him for leadership or entertainment.

“So mutant, or do you prefer to be called six-arms? Can I see your citizenship papers?” Sayana’s face flushed with heat at the goading as she glared at the Ebonstryfe. “Oh right, you don’t have any of those, do you?” A grin formed on his face and with a nod to his lackeys, Sayana found herself slammed up against a brick wall as the wind was knocked out of her.

“But I’d like to hear it from your own lips. Tell me, mutant, are you or are you not a citizen of Ravok?” He was toying with her, teasing, but she would not be baited by him. “A little encouragement for her? I’d hate to report that we have a non-cooperative mutant on our hands.” Sayana felt one of her daggers leave its sheath and soon the cool metal was tracing over her skin. Then it was pressing down, starting to draw blood...

“I’m not a citizen. I’m not a citizen of Ravok.” Sayana spoke swiftly. Except that the tingle of pain upon her upper chest was nothing to the blaze that burned her pride. Had he reported her to the rest of the Ebonstryfe, she had no idea how well she would fare. Someone who was probably born and raised in Ravok and member of the Ebonstryfe against a non-human foreigner? That was where her real fear lay. The prick of a dagger didn’t compare to that.

“And there we have it, from her own lips. She’s not a citizen and not deserving of Rhysol’s love. She probably doesn’t return the favour either. I bet she doesn’t worship him or serve him in the same way we do.”

“I do worship him. I do believe in the lord of chaos and betrayal. And I am stronger and more capable of serving him than all of you combined.” Sayana replied, her temper and passion rising with each word.

“She’s got fire, doesn’t she? Let’s show her some real fire to play with.” There was a moment’s pause as the Ebonstryfe concentrated for a couple of ticks, and then a pearly substance emerged from his hand. For a moment it looked green but suddenly it caught fire and the ball of flame danced mere inches from Sayana’s face.

The Eypharian could feel the heat from the fire but it seemed to hover on its own without any res attracting it. “We’re going to play a game, mutant. If you really think you serve Rhysol, then catch the ball of fire with one of your hands and we’ll let you go. You certainly have plenty to spare. But if you wait too long and my res inside runs out… Well this ball of flame might no longer be dancing in the air in front of you. I wonder how it might fall.”

More sniggers followed his last comment and Sayana found that her right mid hand had been released. The flaming ball darted this way and that, nearly burning her skin as it got close. They were waiting for her, clearly entertained by the trap she was in.

Credit: Shimoje
Last edited by Sayana on November 13th, 2016, 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Knocked Down a Peg

Postby Benare Nitrozian on October 23rd, 2016, 11:44 pm

OOCI apologize for such a long post I needed to describe actions within his skill level so that everything would be perfect, after all I'm planning to make Benare last as long as I can.

"Come on, friend climb." Damien spoke in a harsh whisper, he was already on top of the roof of someone's home, someone that Benare never knew, and the man looked fine with it, though Benare never imagined this line of work to have to include climbing buildings, he's not that particular good at climbing; and that's relative to everything else pretty much.

"You expect me to climb up this wall?" Benare protested harshly, looking up at Damien, behind him, shone a vibrant variety of stars overhead, and the moon which appeared to be of a mere crescent shape.

"Yes." Damien explained. "It'll help us see what's going on in the city more easily. Instead of waiting for letters by bird. Now get your petching arse up here." Damien demanded, looking at the Nitrozian with a raised brow, if Ben knew any better, the Nitrozian assumed that the man is angered with him. Benare didn't want to make him any more upset than he was, so Benare decided to try climbing up one of the walls.

He started with finding some sort of steady spot with his hands, his insides felt squishy, and he felt highly u comfortable with this process. No thanks to Damien with any support or feedback, Benare had to do this all by himself. Then he found himself some positioning for his feet on top of some brick, fortunately it was hanging out and still stable, otherwise the Nitrozian would have a much harder time with climbing up this wall.

He hoisted himself up, steadying himself so that one of his hands could at least find some sort of grip on the next brick, unfortunately, he grabbed hold of the brick, but his hand slipped and he fell back on his arse, landing with a sudden thump, he heard something crack, but he didn't feel any broken bones, but nonetheless, he felt fine.

He tried again, slipped and fell, he got closer though, he observed the wall once more before attempting another go. Damien tapped his foot, Benare eventually reached the roof but his hand was about to slip, which it did, but Damien quickly grabbed Ben's hand and used a lot of his strength to hoist the Nitrozian up over the roof.

The Nitrozian panted a bit, but he made sure to regain his breath, and posture.

"How did I do?" He asked, gazing up at the blonde man.

"Decent." Replied the man, "let's do our best to jump across the houses, be careful not to fall. There's usually some dangerous things happening in this part of town, perhaps somewhat slightly more so. Put your hood up. So no one sees, who's wandering the roofs." Damien explained.

Benare moaned, he didn't know that he was required to do all of this work, just to hunt a few people down.

Eventually, after a few half bells, of torment and misfortune, Benare was able to rest on what was a flat roof, and below Damien and Benare, a small cluster of people were alone in an alleyway. Damien motioned Benare to follow, but quietly, so he did.

“I thought we had a non-human in our midst. Or should I say, a beast or mutant”

Watching the men from above gave the two a slight advantage, yet the Nitrozian was already exhausted, he didn't know if he could stand to fight these men.

But, the human looking being was alone, she appeared harmless, but then the leader most likely said something about her being non-human. What race could that be, besides Kelvic? Benare didn't know much about the other races, besides Kelvics, as his family studied them in their labs. He spent little time there because he didn't want to argue with any of his siblings that could possibly be there. Though, some he gets along quite well with.

One of the men came around the non-human and restrained some of her arms after revealing whst was hidden beneath her cloak.... she had six arms? She didn't even look branded, so she wasn't a slave, she confessed that she believes in Lord Rhysol, but where was her tatoo of bearing that belief?

“One more move towards your weapons, any weapons, and you’ll really wish you hadn’t. Don’t you know it’s a crime to pull a blade against an Ebonstryfe? And especially at times like these. You’re lucky I’m feeling merciful.”

Who does this bastard think he is? He just can't go around exposing every non-human visitor/resident around Ravok, who gives a petching Shyke what they are? If they're visitors leave them the petch alone. Famine whispered over to Benare.

"Let's keep watching, slowly pull out your blade, something's wrong. This man doesn't feel like a normal Strife to me." Damien whispered, he pulled out his dagger, and Benare slowly pulled out his short sword from it's sheath, making sure to not make any sound.

If the lady saw anything, it would be the glimpse of the steel blade, fortunately enough for the two, the guards there didn't see it, well, not yet.

“So mutant, or do you prefer to be called six-arms? Can I see your citizenship papers?”

The six armed lady didn't do anything, she looked like she was hesitant, but Benare didn't know why, was she really a citizen? Or was she something else?

“Oh right, you don’t have any of those, do you?”

Benare growled lightly at the man who stood in front of the six armed woman intimidating her. What was his plan anyways, was it his intention to expose her of such things, what if she was a citizen of Ravok and that she didn't have her paoers on her, maybe she's just getting back to Ravok from a long trip from somewhere afar and she'd left them at her residence?

After some chimes of speculating, Damien eventually grew tired of this nonsense. Now, something was truly up and Damien wanted to rid of these fools. He signaled Benare to follow him down. After the three snickered, was when Damien jumped, his hood still on. Ben jumped as well, but his landing was poor, but he still held onto his blade.

"How about you play with your fire elsewhere, or we're just going to have to put it out?" Damien taunted. "It's not a good thing to play with fire, eh?" He added.

Be are raised his sword, ready for battle, he watched the ball of flame circle above the leader's hand. They all looked to be dumbfounded, but that would soon change once they realize that the two are a threat.

OOCfeel free to begin the fight. I've always wanted to do something like this with Benare, it'll be his first time in combat. So, I'd like things to go perfectly. :)

If you wanna make things even more interesting go on ahead, by all means. Hope everything's alright.

Benare Nitrozian
The Protector of Ravok

Words: 77895
Joined roleplay: August 23rd, 2016, 1:26 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Knocked Down a Peg

Postby Sayana on October 25th, 2016, 10:45 pm

As Sayana ran through her options, the ball of fire hovered near, the scorching heat hitting her face. Suddenly there was movement from behind and several heads turned. Had more of the bloody petchers come to watch? Except when she dared a quick glance towards the new arrivals, their drawn weapons and confronting stance marked them as definitely not part of the group who had teamed up against her. The words of the two newcomers soon confirmed and the Ebonstryfe leader turned his attention to them.

“So who are you? Her boyfriend come to rescue the mutant? Maybe you like your girls handy.” Then with a laugh, the Ebonstryfe whizzed the ball of flame towards Benare and Damien, not quite touching them but getting pretty close. “Or maybe… you’re both her lovers, since she has enough arms and hands to service both of you!”

During the banter, Sayana kept half a mind on the Ebonstryfe but at the same time concentrated on her right mid hand. Expel, expel… turn your djed into res… It was agonizingly slow and she wasn’t sure if her new ‘comrades’ had bought her enough time. But slowly she began to feel the faint texture of her liquid res forming in her cupped hand. Of course, she kept her palm down, concealing the red fluid. It also meant that even she didn’t know if she’d have enough for her plan to work.

Suddenly weapons were drawn by the rest of the Ebonstryfe group, and Sayana with only half a mind on the action, knew that her time was up.

“But I don’t care who she is to you.” The leader spoke up, continuing his train of thought. “You’re just as bad for raising a weapon against an Ebonstryfe.”

The next moment, the fireball was no longer just floating about aimlessly, but had been flung in the direction of the newcomers. “No!” Sayana cried out as she lunged towards the flame. Transmute, transmute, transmute! As her mid hand closed in on the ball of fire, there was a sudden burning sensation followed by a loud hiss. It had worked, but half a tick later than she had hoped. Her hand hurt like hai but the flame was out, and her hand had been moderately protected by the thin coating of water she had conjured.

However, due to her attempts to get rid of the fire, she was in no condition to defend herself against the weapons that suddenly started coming for her. She jumped to the side, attempting to dodge, but there were a lot of them. She only hoped that the two who seemed to be on her side were making the most of the confusion and chaos.

Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Knocked Down a Peg

Postby Benare Nitrozian on October 26th, 2016, 2:50 pm

Well, now they've done it; almost getting killed. Yes, almost, they were saved by the six armed lady; who seemed to have absorbed the fire... it awed the two Ravokians, but nonetheless a battle was about to begin, and Benare had barely enough time to register what was happening before a blade came after Sayana. Damien couldn't really respond to the leader of the group, since everything was passing by so quickly. Benare parried his sword as a blade was intended for Sayana. Benare assumed that he shouldn't kill the Ebonstryfe member, but a casual Stryfe wouldn't be going around exposing non-citizens, despite their six arms. There are plenty of crimes around Ravok to be investigating, but no, this man had to go around town picking on those who don't look human. What's with him?

Benare was shoved against the wall, he was taken by the ruff of his shoulders and one of the men had him pinned, the other was ready to drive the blade through Benare's abdomen. Ben braced himself, but the man with the sword was tackled down by Damien, fortunately, the man pinning Benare against the wall was distracted and the Nitrozian forced a kick from his legs, he managed to push the guy off of him, and they both fell, Benare on top of the man, it looked awkward, but the Nitrozian reacted quickly, using his shortsword he knocked the hilt on the top of the man's head, resulting the man to fall unconscious, he fell limp, but still breathing.

Damien was struggling with the other man, Benare contemplated whether he should help Damien, or help the six armed lady. He didn't really know what to do, but they were both struggling, and he couldn't save them both. He figured that the six armed lady could save herself, so he went and tackled the man on top of Damien. Damien found his dagger beside the wall, it's still in good shape fortunately, Benare's blade flew a few yards in front of Benare. Damien gasped and quickly took hold of his dagger, but he hurried over as he went to go fetch Benare's blade. Ben took a few punches in the face by the man under him, but he continued to keep pressure so that he couldn't move. He could feel the blood from his nose dripping.

Eventually, Damien came around and slapped the man in the back of the head with the hilt of his blade, the man dropped and Benare sighed a sigh of relief, glad that the fight was over he looked over at Sayana and nodded.

"You alright ms?" Benare asked, grabbing back his sword, and sheathing it back in it's sheath. He wiped his nose with a cloth, and decided to pick pocket the men of some of their coin.

"Thanks for the tip." Benare said sourly putting the handful of coins in his cloak pocket. "You heading somewhere?" Benare asked Sayana.

Benare Nitrozian
The Protector of Ravok

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Knocked Down a Peg

Postby Sayana on November 2nd, 2016, 10:40 pm

There was a blade flashing towards her and she tried to duck, feeling that she was already going to be too slow. But a clang of metal against metal protected her as she retreated back several paces. During the brief respite, she wrenched at her magic and conjured a piercing shriek within her mind. Just barely audible to human ears, she focused on the high pitched hunting cry of a zith. Using her djed, she slammed the auditory sensation outwards to the black robed thugs. Mostly, she aimed the hypnotic flash of sound at the small vicinity of those who opposed her, but traces of the artificial shriek might have reached beyond her intended targets.

Overall, the experience would be brief, but several quickly raised hands to cover ears gave her enough of a distraction to go with it. Mere ticks after her use of hypnotism, Sayana jumped back into the fray, hands swinging.

The Eypharian aimed two punches at a black robed man standing next to the Ebonstryfe using her lows. One for his gut and the other hooked at the side of his face. But even as she was finishing the blows, a sword swung towards her head. As she ducked, she managed to get close enough to deflect the wielding arm upwards with one of her highs. Even as she attempted to trip the man, she realized that she was now unintentionally fighting the Ebonstryfe directly.

“Oh petch it,” she muttered under her breath. But the hesitation was quickly followed by a wince as her right high got a long cut along its forearm. Her next maneuver was far bolder as she made a grab for the Ebonstryfe’s weapon arm. Hands were everywhere, but at least one managed to grab his wrist before another landed a solid blow to his head knocking him to the ground.

Breathing heavily, Sayana looked around to see that the others seemed to have been subdued by the two newcomers. Had they got everyone? Had some been scared off? There seemed to be less than before, but maybe it was just that they were all on the ground now… and looking far less intimidating.

“You alright ms?”

Sayana looked up at the question then turned her attention to the cut on her right high arm. It looked worse than it was, shallow but long. Not to mention the burn on her mid hand.

“I’ll manage.”

She glanced around for her fallen cloak and found it in a heap tossed to the side. Picking it up, she pressed part of it to the cut, using several hands to squeeze it tight.

“I was heading back home for the night. Now? I’d like to get these tended to before I have anyone else trying to petch me for my arms.”

She was about to turn on her heel and leave without so much as a thank you, but then a sudden bout of pain flashed upon her burned hand as she mistakenly brushed it against something. She didn’t want to find herself in a similar situation, or worse now that she had actually fought one of these Ebonstryfe. An ally or two could be more than useful in a foreign city like this.

Turning to look from Benare to Damien, she addressed the two. “I suppose I should thank you. That was impeccable timing, to say the least. You think something should be done with them before they wake up?” She now glanced to the fallen men. Shyke. There had been a woman too. Had she gotten away?

“We might not have much time. Someone could come looking. Help me hide those who are left.” By this point she was dragging the Ebonstryfe to position him behind some steps leading to a bridge. “Make them look like they are hiding but lost consciousness, then I’ll do one last finishing touch.”

Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Knocked Down a Peg

Postby Benare Nitrozian on November 7th, 2016, 3:26 pm

“I was heading back home for the night. Now? I’d like to get these tended to before I have anyone else trying to petch me for my arms.”Said the six armed lady, Damien chuckled a bit.

"It wasn't the first time something like that happened. You expect it to be less here, with the Stryfe, but there has been an increase in perverts as time passes." Damien responded coldly, glaring at the Stryfe and his gang members. "It was just coincidence that we found you here." Damien said simply. Benare was quiet and he watched the men who were unconscious profoundly, and kept an eye on them all the while keeping distance from them.

“I suppose I should thank you. That was impeccable timing, to say the least. You think something should be done with them before they wake up?”

"No thanks needed we are here to do what we need to." Damien studied the Strfye once more, there seemed to be something that sparked his interest. His sleeve hid a tattoo of some sort. The faint light of the torches alongside the buildings fairly illuminated the mark. A mark of another Guild, like the Crescent CircleI will add this Guild in the Development forum. XD Though, it wasn't exactly the Crescent Circle's label. The tattoo looked like a small thick brocade design.

"We've been looking for this man." The blonde stated formally, crouching to pull the man's sleeve and sighed. "Of course, we'll take care of this man. We have some questions for him. Even though he's a Stryfe." Damien added. He didn't care about that part, there are ways that can make him stay quiet about the Crescent Circle. No need to be calling out secrets.

“We might not have much time. Someone could come looking. Help me hide those who are left.”

"Yes, definitely. I think their was a girl who was with them; ran off probably." Damien said, Benare nodded and started dragging a man that had tried to kill him on top of the crosswalk that Sayana had first dragged one of the other men onto.

“Make them look like they are hiding but lost consciousness, then I’ll do one last finishing touch.” Benare nodded.

"Sure." Ben did his best to conceal that man's abode, he wondered what the six armed lady would do.

Eventually, the three gathered the men needed on top of the bridge and did their best to conceal their figures. "Okay, we're ready." Damien said to Sayana, "do what you need to do, and we'll take that other man with us." Damien said, looking at Sayana.

"I suppose we shouldn't stay here long either, unless we want the other guards to come and return?" Benare asked, watching Sayana in awe. She was quite compelling to watch, Benare wondered what it was like to have six arms. Well, all they needed to do now was to wait for Sayana to do her thing.

Benare Nitrozian
The Protector of Ravok

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Knocked Down a Peg

Postby Sayana on November 11th, 2016, 2:32 am

Sayana frowned briefly when the man stated he had been looking for the Ebonstryfe. Was it merely a coincidence? Or had they somehow been tailing her? Paranoia rippled through her veins for a few ticks until she urged it to subside. They wanted to question him. A faint smile appeared on her lips. Questioning. She was good at that. Prying out information that was hard to acquire and convincing people that they could trust her with a little something here and a little something there.

The Eypharian was glad of their help when they began to move the fallen bodies. She went easy on her arms with the injuries, cut and burn, and made sure they were hidden from view from the casual passerby. She was a little hesitant with them announcing they’d take the Ebonstryfe for questioning, but they had after all helped her out of a tight spot and didn’t seem to be setting a trap for her.

Once the fallen men were carefully tucked away, she crouched down next to them. Briefly glancing to Benare, who seemed to be the leader of the two, she explained, “People are most vulnerable when asleep, or in this case unconscious. Not only physically, but mentally they are open to suggestion.”

The Eypharian focused on the two nearest to her and began to pull at the djed within her. She laced her lips and tongue while focusing on an intense image of zith swooping down into the city streets with huge black wings and long sharp claws. Softly she spoke, “Wings of terror swooping in the night, make you run and flee in fright.”

With the image fixed strongly in her mind she pushed it hard against the auras of the first two men. Then she began anew with the next fallen man. However, even though she repeated the same rhyming phrase, this time the image she projected was that of an Eypharian, herself, fleeing the chaotic scene in fear. For a third time she reached at her djed, and infused her last victim with a flash of the two newcomers fighting amidst the fray. Yet all the while repeating the same phrase. “Wings of terror swooping in the night…”

For several ticks Sayana felt dizzy with the intense magic use and shadows seemed to dance on the edges of her vision. But after a few moments she managed to get a grip on herself. “They will remember a chaotic encounter with zith. Maybe they will remember other things too, but it will be a muddled mess.”

Normally she wouldn’t explain her magic use, but it was clear that there was some sort of expectation. She couldn’t just do ‘nothing’ after she had said she’d do one last finishing touch.

As the Eypharian stood, she felt utterly drained of energy. For a moment she thought she heard the beat of a wing and the glint of red eyes, but as she blinked she realized it was all in her head. Mere after effects of the hypnotism.

“Where are you taking him?” She asked with a nod to the Ebonstryfe. She wrapped her black cloak tightly about herself to once more conceal her additional arms. “If you need secrets, I am good at such things. I have methods, techniques… Call it a favor for a favor. Anything more might come at a price, but a fair one.”

Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Knocked Down a Peg

Postby Benare Nitrozian on November 12th, 2016, 1:21 am

Benare didn't really understand what was happening, yes he just put a blade at a Stryfe, and now they'll be taking him somewhere. The Nitrozian didn't know exactly where this somewhere was either, he was just getting used to this mercenary stuff, and it's been awhile since he fought.

His nose stun, he used his index and middle fingers to test and see if his nose was bleeding. It stun as well, and when he let go and observed it from the little light that shone from the torch. Of course it stun. He mumbled to himself, "petching bastard will definitely pay."

He followed Damien over to Sayana. The six armed lady had mumbled some things to the other unconscious men. Then the lady turned and faced Benare after her small talk with the knocked out men.

“People are most vulnerable when asleep, or in this case unconscious. Not only physically, but mentally they are open to suggestion.” Benare noted that as the woman spoke, he figured that it's not a good thing to be vulnerable by the hands of an enemy and kept her words useful. In response, the Nitrozian just nodded.

Damien examined the Stryfe member. The blonde man sighes as he thought of how to carry him.

“They will remember a chaotic encounter with zith. Maybe they will remember other things too, but it will be a muddled mess.”

Damien looked up at Sayana and was surprised. "You know magic?" Damien asked curiously enough to stop examining the Stryfe, it was just an assumption, but Damien could recall some other members of the Crescent Circle that knew magic as well, though some of them aren't as good at all of them.

“Where are you taking him?” She asked. Benare wasn't sure of tht himself, though he knew that there was some sort of company that Benare was helping Damien with, now they have someone that they have been looking for. Was this one of the men from the journal that they found some time ago.

"We have a place to deal with men like this scum." Damien smirked, eyeing the unconscious man once more. "Come on, we need to get this man to our boss." Damien said eyeing Benare, making sure to not give his name away, well, he was careful about it nonetheless.

"Yes, okay." Benare said. They should at least find some sort of safe house where someone is to take him. For sure, it can't be too far away from here. Otherwise, Damien probably wouldn't have thought about carrying him.

“If you need secrets, I am good at such things. I have methods, techniques… Call it a favor for a favor. Anything more might come at a price, but a fair one.”

Benare stopped still, Damien did the same, Damien turned and faced Sayana with a cordial expression. "We will contact you if we need to, how shall we contact you?" Damien asked. Looking expectantly over to Sayana and Benare.

The Nitrozian sighed and nodded. Hoping that she'll be here long enough where they might need a favor.

"You are planning to stay awhile, yes?" Benare asked. Hoping that there will be another time that they could see her again.

Benare Nitrozian
The Protector of Ravok

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Knocked Down a Peg

Postby Sayana on November 13th, 2016, 4:35 pm

“You know magic?”

“Call it the power of suggestion,” Sayana answered simply. Although she was willing to admit that she had just used magic, she didn’t want to go into the details about how it worked and what she could do. Some things are left better unsaid to leave people guessing.

At the man’s question, Sayana stopped, momentarily lost for words. How could she most easily be contacted? Her first thought went to the brothel she had visited upon arrival. But despite trying to make contacts there, she didn’t truly know or trust anyone at the establishment. Neither was she regularly employed there. In Syliras it had taken her a while to get settled but once she had, there were numerous ways of reaching her.

In her hesitation, the man asked another question. This one she had an answer to. “Yes, I intend to stay in Ravok so long as someone doesn’t find an excuse to throw me out. Regardless, even if it comes down to that, I have some connections.”

She paused, recalling that she could be reached through Clyde. But did she really want her business going directly through the mage? At last the answer came to her. It wasn’t exactly what she wanted, or was used to, but it would suffice.

“You can contact me by leaving a written letter at the Sullins residence. Address it to the Mistress.” Sayana said at last. “There is… a tavern nearby.”

Her description was vague at best, but she hoped the man would know the location. She was still getting familiar with the city herself. Even if he didn’t know, someone could surely point him the way.

“I should be going now. It’s not good to linger in a place like this. Might I know the names of my two comrades? Or will I learn them when we meet again?”

She was anxious to get moving. Not just to avoid any further Ebonstryfe but to tend to her injuries. If they provided names and asked for hers, she would reluctantly give it. Otherwise she would nod and depart the scene into the night.

Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Knocked Down a Peg

Postby Benare Nitrozian on November 13th, 2016, 7:06 pm

"Call it the power of suggestion." She said, Benare was confused, if it wasn't magic, then what was it, was it an illusion, is that how she'd done it? Transfusing a fake image into their minds- which in this case would be a Zith encounter? The Stryfe are really going to have a fun time deciphering this situation. Benare considered asking her more, but knowing that their might be more guards coming, he would have to talk to get later about it.

Benare knows magic himself, though it's only Magecrafting, and as he's been taught it for awhile, his master died of old age before he could learn anything more. He's been hunting for a Magecrafter ever since, the Djed still etched in his body sparked and he wondered what he was supposed to do with it. The men's coins jingled in his pocket a bit as he moved over to Sayana and Damien after thinking to himself.

When Damien asked about Sayanas way of contacting her- that seemed to have stopped her tracks, but Benare didn't understand why everything had to be so concealed, well, he knew one reason, the Stryfe, people probably didn't like it when they got invovled with their businesses. It took a few chimes for the six-armed lady to answer. Ben's nose continued to bleed, he needs to get it chekced, make sure it's not broken.

“You can contact me by leaving a written letter at the Sullins residence. Address it to the Mistress.”

Damien and both Benare nodded to her response. The Sullins residence? Benare never heard of them, well, he didn't exactly pay heed to his environment before now, so it makes sense that he should start getting to know the people of Ravok. The Sullins sound like a big family, are they like the other Nobles, like the Nitrozians? Benare was unsure of that matter and decided to not dwell on it.

"Thank you miss." Benare replied, he decided to talk for Damien as Damien consulted with himself. He was murmuring about his boss or his job and figured that it was best to get this man moving before any guards come, and do it quickly too.

“There is… a tavern nearby.” She seemed to be half thinking as she said it.

"The uh- Silver Sliver?" Benare asked, if it's within the Docks, Benare might find it, after all, he grew up here in Ravok, even though his father wasn't there for most of it, he still managed his way around this Lake City.

“I should be going now. It’s not good to linger in a place like this. Might I know the names of my two comrades? Or will I learn them when we meet again?”

"We will talk later I think-tank now we must hurry off, take this man elsewhere. I bid you farewell. Now off." Benare said in a stern flat voice as he didn't want this little talk to extend within the danger zone. He didn't need his family reputation, because of what happened tonight. He waved to Sayana and Benare and Damien went over to the unconscious man and Damien took lead, towing the man away.

OOCI'll be making a solo part 2 thread off of this thread! :)

Benare Nitrozian
The Protector of Ravok

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next