Solo [Bronze Woods] Another Hunt on the Go! (Solo)

Ferrin was cleared for a day off of work, he takes this as an opportunity to go out and hunt some game, only to deliver to the local butcher and perhaps save some slivers for himself and family.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

[Bronze Woods] Another Hunt on the Go! (Solo)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on November 7th, 2016, 2:22 am

Timestamp: Fall of the 80th 516av

It was getting colder by the day, and things weren't getting any easier for Ferrin. Nonetheless, that doesn't mean he won't give up, he needs the strength to keep moving, and that strength to keep him moving will sustain his willingness to fight. The will to fight, gives you the power to be strong. Over and over again, the cycle continues, bravery plays a bug part, and taking a role, where as one learns how to become a mage is a very difficult task.

"You have to focus." Ferrin said to himself as he clutched onto his longbow. He could see clearly, as the light of day shone heavily over the Bronze Woods, but dimly lit through the canopy of the trees. Ferrin began learning Auristics awhile ago, he still needs to focus on what he sees and how to conjure the Djed around him, he wondered what a world without magic would be. Would it be chaos, or would it crush the development of Mizahar?

It was so complicating, it confused Ferrin, and it was starting to hurt his brain, just that little of thinking about magic could stress one out. Ferrin didn't understand how Auristics was handled quite well. He also couldn't understand how Sera Frostfawn could be so calm using magic like that without being stressed at the same time.

Ferrin was doned with his cotton clothing, leather armor that he bought just at the end of last season, he brought his short sword with him, his longbow, and arrows of course. He even belted his bone dagger that he bought from the Drykas Trade awhile ago around his left leg, just in case, he was always so angered when he was disarmed by someone and didn't have anything besides his fist to fight them off. Though, he trained himself, not a lot, bit enough to know how to throw a proper punch, and he couldn't thank Ishtar enough for it. She helped him a lot.

Ferrin prepared an arrow just in case if some sort of game came across his way, he had his pack sling over his shoulders, it contained the usual, flint and steel, eating knife, some meat rations, that's about it, he had his waterskin to. He would've brought Cyprus with him, but with things getting way too dangerous inside and outside of the Fortress City of Peace, he figured it would be a better idea to keep the Zavian within the Windmount. Perhaps he could go around the track awhile with Cyprus for a day or something?

Walking through the Bronze Woods was easy to say nonetheless. No warning signs and no danger ready to surprise Ferrin. Ferrin pulled his cloak over his hood as wind shuffled through the canopy. He looked back, hearing the nearest bush adjacent to him rustle vigorously. It was almost tempting to check the underbrush, but he was nervous. No one else was around to protect him if something went wrong and he was unable to defend himself.

Ferrin crouched and leaned over, resting the arrow and longbow with one hand as he shoved pieces of the underbrush aside and peeking through. He didn't know what he was expecting.

~A Firenze Template: Thanks. :)

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on November 10th, 2016, 1:36 am

Pop.

It was only a little bunny. Ferrin chuckled, the small furry animal wiggled it's nose and squeaked a little as it sat on it's hind heels, sniffing Ferrin and hopping away once more.

"Phew, at least it wasn't a wolf or another coyote. Petching wolves, always popping up when you least expect it. By Sylir, would they ever stop attacking randomly?" Ferrin scoffed and kicked the dirt beneath him a bit angered. He wondered if he could find a deer to cstch?

He took the arrow that he had held over the longbow and placed it back inside the quiver safely. He began walking through the Bronze Woods away from that underbrush in hopes to find some sort of game.

~~~~~

A bell or so had passed and a few winds drove over head pushing in cool Fall air throughout the Bronze Woods. It ruffled Ferrins hair and knotted it a bit as the wind twisted some locks together. It bothered Ferrin a bit, but he didn't focus on it too much.

"Where the hai would I find some deer? Oh... I could check the river? Can't I. There's bound to be one there." Ferrin said excitedly to himself, pulling his hood over his head, he continued to head over to the main river that flowed through the Bronze Woods.

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on November 17th, 2016, 4:43 pm

It was much cooler by the river. The river traveled quickly through the Bronze Woods during this time, Ferrin sighed in relief as he was glad that he found it, the sound of the river helped him greatly. Ferrin placed his longbow on the ground, it was almost as tall as he was, it was interesting to look at, a man must've needed a lot of strength to bend that piece of wood, and to tie a string around it, that must've been annoying. Of course, anybody could make a bow, it'll just take time and practice.

He sat crossed legged and decided to take this time of being alone, to practice with his Auristics. Ferrin was sure that he could find something here in these woods. He hoped at least. Ferrin unstrapped his short broadsword: Clivath and relaxed some. Taking a few deep breaths at a time and clearing his mind like Sera Frostfawn had been teaching him for the past few days.

He closed his eyes, his breathing still audible, slow and clear. The Kenashian was stable and quiet, he waited for the Djed to flow to him, to call for him, he yearned for that magic to enter his system. Ferrin felt an awkward sudden jolt and he opened his eyes, auras began to show, but they quickly faded as he lost concentration. He sighed, and almost forgot what more Sera Frostfawn had taught him a few days ago. "Just be calm, once your auras are visible, make sure to focus on one." Ferrin repeated to himself. He sighed once more. The Squire didn't feel so mighty when he's trying out Auristics for the first time by himself.

He grew tired and sat some more, he really didn't know what to do with himself at this point.

WC: 1,502

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on November 20th, 2016, 8:05 pm

Suddenly, Ferrin felt that spark again. The one he felt a few days ago whilst training with Sera Frostfawn. The Djed, that's right. Ferrin wished he could figure out how it all worked, he didn't appreciate it when he didn't know what things meant, he felt... stupid. Nonetheless, he won't give up, and when you begin to learn magic, there is no turning back on that concept. It must be taught, and learnt, if you don't learn anything then you can become dangerous. Being dangerous equals disaster. Ferrin didn't want any of that and he especially didn't want to drive mad. He needed to find a way to control the magic and focus while using it. Maybe hunting would do the trick?

Ferrin took a few breaths as he sat upright and crossed his legs. He focused on the washing sounds of the river as it flowed towards the Mythryn Outpost, he could follow the river there, but he really didn't need to make way for the Outpost at this time. The squire was sure of it for the most part. Though, he probably figured that some other day he might need to visit it again, probably because of work no doubt.

Another few breaths and he silently called for the Djed. He hoped it would answer and enter through his system, there was something about this Djed that made him feel something more than being himself. He felt... better almost, and he was almost fearful of that feeling... fearfull because he didn't know if it was a good feeling or a bad one, and he didn't want it to be bad. He didn't want to learn magic to be a bad and spiteful person that he's not. He wanted to control the magic, and not let the magic control him, because a lot of things will happen if he does.

Ferrin closed his eyes as the Djed began to enter through to his system, coursing his veins, vessels and the rest of his body. He sensed the tingles within him, and he opened up his eyes. What did he see?

He saw the colors... though not really sure what the colors meant around the trees, bushes, and the river. He focused on a rock beside him. His eyes were focusing as he zooomrd in on the rock. He studied it for a few ticks and noticed the other auras around begin to flicker and the one aura that surrounded the rock, well he began to see it more clearly now. Ferrin grinned. He was thrilled almost. Seeing a clear sura for the first time since days.

Ferrin didn't really see much of the aura, besides it's color. It relinquished a faint grey hue around the rock. Ferrin assumed it was dull and uninteresting to study. The squire stood up and remembered his longbow, he could look at that. Once he looked up, the other auras popped up again and it gave Ferrin a slight headache. The Kenashian closed his eyes and sat down, feeling slightly dizzy. He remembered that looking at too many auras at once could cause some annoyance and headaches.

The Kenashian kept his eyes shut for a few moments and he felt that energy of the Djed slowly escape from his system. The Squire was certain that he could practice more on Auristics, but now he figured he must get some rest, and the open woods aren't a good place to do that anymore. No thanks to past experiences. Ferrin decided to wait awhile before leaving though. He wanted to catch something.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes