Give me some Leeway

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Give me some Leeway

Postby Velho on December 27th, 2016, 9:05 am

Hello! I am Lee and I am thoroughly confused after browsing through so many pages of lore. Fear not, though, I'm not dead yet. I am also terrible with introductory threads, so I have stolen the very nice questionnaire on the Welcome to Mizahar thread. :)

1. Name - Lee
2. What sort of RP experience do you have if any?
Been writing for several years and roleplaying for a few too.Started on Warrior Cats on instagram. I've about 3 years of experience and soon to be 4.
3. How did you find us?
A nifty referral from somebody else, although I won't name them because they were just mentioning it and I thought I'd give it a go.
4. What sort of RP style is your favorite?
Confused about this. First person? Second person? Third person? Bursting in from the clouds above to distribute free snacks? hell yes.
5. What do you like to write about - not write about?
I've roleplayed solely animals for the past few years of my life, so venturing into any sort of humanoid creature is new territory. Hence I picked a kelvic bird to ease into the situation. I like animals, and I haven't formed an opinion on humans yet.
6. What's your favorite thing about Mizahar so far?
The provision of lore and guidelines to follow. It can be frustrating not to have anything concrete to act as a guide. I also love the prompt replies I received regarding problems and queries that I had. Never have I seen such quick responses.
7. What, if anything, has frustrated you about Mizahar so far?
The provision of so much lore - my eyes hurt from staring at lore, lore and lore. It's a necessary evil, I'll admit that, but I had to scour through pages upon pages to create one character. the reading was enjoyable, though.
also the wordcounts necessary. This'll probably get some (or a lot, not sure) of heat for my saying it, but I believe that as long as something is written well it should get the reward or gain, like a job thread. I mean someone could write 500 words of actual working and 2000 words of fluff throughout and they'd get it? Receiving a gnosis needs thousands upon thousands of words and perhaps enough for a thick book? Honestly I feel that quality is better than quantity, but of course, quantity can come with quality too.
8. What would you like out of the mizahar experience?
Bettering writing, making new friends, etc.
9. Is there anything you'd like to see expanded?
Ehhhh I would say so, because there are quite a few topics that are described very well, but are quite vague all the same. As in, details about various aspects without explanation of those details. Imagine a map, with all the streets and roads and buildings on it, except that nothing is labeled. Just lines and shapes.
10. Anything else you want to talk about?
I'm a teenager, and very average, and I like cats. I picked up coding last year and I can code in HTML and some CSS. I also know basic Java (I can make loops and write functions and forms), am learning Python and I used to code BBCode back on Proboards, but I'm relearning it since I ditched it for HTML.
I swear I'll be an old cat lady one day. I also make terrible puns, evidenced by the title of this thread.
Let's play a guessing game - from the way I sound, how old do you think I am?
Velho
la gazza ladra

Words: 17942
Joined roleplay: December 26th, 2016, 9:58 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Journal

Give me some Leeway

Postby Arisia on December 27th, 2016, 3:30 pm

Another teenager on this forumn is nice, seeing as most people here are older. I'd say about 16 for how old you are, though people who frequent here tend to sound older than they are. So I'm guessing.

Any who, looking forward to roleplaying if our characters end up in the same place. :)
Common , Vani, Thoughts

Threads 1/3
I'll likely only be posting on weekends for a while.
Character Sheet
Arisia
Optimistic to a fault

Words: 47057
Joined roleplay: November 29th, 2016, 7:50 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Give me some Leeway

Postby Velho on December 28th, 2016, 4:04 am

@arisia whooo good to meet you! true that, about the sounding older than you are bit - i'm actually quite close to your initial guess because i'll be fifteen next year.
And yep, hope to thread one day <3
Velho
la gazza ladra

Character sheet
Journal

Give me some Leeway

Postby Ball on December 28th, 2016, 5:29 pm

Good gods I feel old. Hii
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Give me some Leeway

Postby Gossamer on January 1st, 2017, 2:37 pm

Greetings Lee.

I hope you enjoy your time here. You are a little on the young side but that's fine. There's room for teens here. I just wanted to point out that you need to make sure you know the rules. I've had to repeatedly remove several of your Post Templates because you keep not following them according to the post template forum. Titles matter.

Goss
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Give me some Leeway

Postby Velho on January 3rd, 2017, 2:04 am

Hey goss, I was wondering why they kept disappearing. My bad for not reading properly, I guess. I tend to read too fast and miss crucial little details like these so hopefully it won't happen again.

Thank you for keeping Mizahar in top shape!
Velho
la gazza ladra

Character sheet
Journal